PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Clough 104.3 The Fan - Cutler's Only Remaining Supporter Is McDaniels

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow just said it on the FAN. He speaks to Bowlen and he is a huge supporter of Cutler so he has no reason to say this.

Said and I quote, "Bowlen is has the airlines on speed dial and is ready to ship him off to Siberia he is so disgusted with this."

Take it for what its worth and I am not trying to bait just shocked he said this.

Popps
03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Who is that... a talk show guy?

crush17
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Sandy Clough has been flip-flopping back and fourth on this issue since it started. They say what they say to get more listeners and to prolong the drama.

Don't be fooled.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Expound on this, please.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Sorry had to change the title. And crush he has been a staunch supporter of Cutler in general. His emails don't say otherwise to me also.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
He speaks to Bowlen and he is a huge supporter of Cutler so he has no reason to say this.

he speaks to Bowlen? Or he said he spoke to Bowlen about this?

There's a big difference.

telluride
Not all the surprising. I'd think Jay's supporters are essentially himself, Scheff, and Marshall.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:25 PM
he speaks to Bowlen? Or he said he spoke to Bowlen about this?

There's a big difference.

He said at the onset, even if McDaniels won't talk to us we do have our own sources. He said Bowlen is fed up with Cutler and is ready to ship him off.

I know I have been an ass but I am sharing because I am shocked he would basically quote Bowlen as saying that.

Popps
03-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Look, McDaniels has been quoted as saying he thinks the two (he and Cutler) could be great for each other, and he's probably right.

But, Jay doesn't want to be a Bronco.

What is there to talk about?

It's "run its course."

You people have been dumped. You've been given "the speech."

It's not you, it's him.

Hilarious!

Hulamau
03-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Not all the surprising. I'd think Jay's supporters are essentially himself, Scheff, and Marshall.

And neither Scheff nor Marshall are high on the list for Mensa membership these days. :welcome:

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I sent him an email somtimes he answers on the breaks sometimes he answers a few days later. I will share what he says.

Bronx33
Burning bridges solve nothing.

crush17
I completely misread your thread title and initial post.

Carry on!

:D

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:28 PM
He says that McDaniels and Xanders run everything through Bowlen and he is far from disenfranchised with the two.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:29 PM
I completely misread your thread title and initial post.

Carry on!

:D

:spit: you didn't misread my original title was McDaniels only supporter was McDaniels. Sorry for any confusion.

lex
Could this be because everyone in the front office that was promised anything by Bowlen more than 2 months ago is no longer there? Could it be that Bowlen has signed off on McDaniels replacing everyone with someone of his choosing?

rugbythug
From Bowlen's Perspective- He has been disrespected. Bowlen did not

Triplelefthook
Sandy Clough has been flip-flopping back and fourth on this issue since it started. They say what they say to get more listeners and to prolong the drama.

Don't be fooled.

This is a lie - Clough has been a staunch supporter of Cutler from day 1 and has never flip flopped. Call him up on the radio and try to make a case for McDaniels he will cut you off and call you names after you can't defend yourself - that is how much of a Cutler supporter he is

i don't think the radio guys are that great (any of them) but people on this board literally make things up and lie about some of the things the radio people say in an attempt to discredit them. its pathetic

Hotrod
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
"Bowlen is has the airlines on speed dial and is ready to ship him off to Siberia he is so disgusted with this."

So wait Bowlen said this is that correct???

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Maybe so Lex that could be a very valid point.

Rabb
03-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Look, McDaniels has been quoted as saying he thinks the two (he and Cutler) could be great for each other, and he's probably right.

But, Jay doesn't want to be a Bronco.

What is there to talk about?

It's "run its course."

You people have been dumped. You've been given "the speech."

It's not you, it's him.

Hilarious!

Bingo

Here is how I saw it...

1. McDaniels entertains a trade offer
2. Word gets out about #1
3. Cutler is upset
4. The front office did not exactly take care of matters with Jay
5. McDaniels is honest finally about the proposed trade and says Jay is his guy
6. Enter Bus Cook
7. Jay claims he doesn't trust McDaniels
8. Wait, by trust I mean...I want a new contract
9. ???

I am so sick of this whole thing

Bronco Yoda
did someone say something?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78472

theAPAOps5
"Bowlen is has the airlines on speed dial and is ready to ship him off to Siberia he is so disgusted with this."

So wait Bowlen said this is that correct???

Sandy Clough said it just like this, "Bowlen has the airlines on speed dial ready to send Cutler to Siberia." Didn't quote him specifically so take it for what its worth.

UberBroncoMan
03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
He said at the onset, even if McDaniels won't talk to us we do have our own sources. He said Bowlen is fed up with Cutler and is ready to ship him off.

I know I have been an ass but I am sharing because I am shocked he would basically quote Bowlen as saying that.

Bowlen is an idiot. He can't handle anything, let alone control his own team.

He could have ended this, but instead he hides in the back getting his panties in a bunch.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
This is a lie - Clough has been a staunch supporter of Cutler from day 1 and has never flip flopped. Call him up on the radio and try to make a case for McDaniels he will cut you off and call you names after you can't defend yourself - that is how much of a Cutler supporter he is

Not his fault. My orginal title was McDaniels lone supporter is McDaniels I think that confused him as I typed too fast.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM

He could have ended this, but instead he hides in the back getting his panties in a bunch.

Yet he has 2 Lombardi's and several more AFC Championships. But he can't handle anything. Come on man.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
trade his ass to the CFL. :)

Inkana7
03-17-2009, 02:35 PM

So to you, Cutler is the only person in this situation that isn't an idiot?

Because that's the polar opposite belief I have.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
They're all idiots.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
They're all idiots.

I know I am.

no-pseudo-fan
03-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Time will tell.

Pat knows that we need to win. SOON. So he is so sick that he is willing to set the franchise back years, I don't know about that.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Cutler was upset in the film room when he felt McDaniels was talking down to him.

bronco militia
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Time will tell.

Pat knows that we need to win. SOON. So he is so sick that he is willing to set the franchise back years, I don't know about that.

IMO, the franchise has been stuck in the same place for the last 10 years

every three years we need a new QB

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Lombardi is on and has some great points about all this for both sides. Says the rift started when Bowlen didn't tell him about firing Shanahan.

BroncoBuff
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Who is that... a talk show guy?
Sherman Clough III, aka "Sandy," is the son of former General Electric executive Sherman Clough, Jr. His Dad recommended him for a position with Broncos flagship radio station KOA in 1979, when KOA-TV/Radio were owned by GE.

I know Sandy very well, I was KOA's Sports Producer in college and for awhile after graduating, that's when Sandy first nailed his own show - he took over their Sportstalk program in 1985. Sandy was born with a silver spoon, no doubt ... Westchester County raised (think of the opening credits to "Reversal of Fortune"), but he's lived very modestly since moving to Denver (one bedroom apartment, Honda CVCC), and he has worked diligently to keep himself relevant in Denver since KOA terminated him in I think 1987.

He's kind of a strange bird, but he is also an encyclopedic sports fan, and by nature skeptical and NOT a homer. These traits have built a pretty loyal base for him in his now 30 years on the air in Denver. That's probably why you see him quoted so much here.

Flex Gunmetal
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
They're all idiots.

Yes.
So are the sports guys. I cant stand their show, they treat callers like **** and spout unfounded nonsense for 3 hours.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Damn Buff that is spot on!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Lombardi is on and has some great points about all this for both sides. Says the rift started when Bowlen didn't tell him about firing Shanahan.

Well THAT makes this interesting. Before you make any moves, make sure you consult the REAL owner of the team, Mr. Jay Cutler? Hmmm...

Is there any doubt that Cutler views himself as the most important human in the building?

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Cutler was upset in the film room when he felt McDaniels was talking down to him.

Awwww...did poor Jay get his feelings hurt when the freakin' head coach pointed out a mistake? Sometimes, you have to have your ego hurt a little bit to make a point for the better of the team.

socalorado
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Sighs.............yet again

bronco militia
03-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Sherman Clough III, aka "Sandy," is the son of former General Electric executive Sherman Clough, Jr. His Dad recommended him for a position with Broncos flagship radio station KOA in 1979, when KOA-TV/Radio were owned by GE.

I know Sandy very well, I was KOA's Sports Producer in college and for awhile after graduating, that's when Sandy first nailed his own show - he took over their Sportstalk program in 1985. Sandy was born with a silver spoon, no doubt ... Westchester County raised (think of the opening credits to "Reversal of Fortune"), but he's lived very modestly since moving to Denver (one bedroom apartment, Honda CVCC), and he has worked diligently to keep himself relevant in Denver since KOA terminated him in I think 1987.

He's kind of a strange bird, but he is also an encyclopedic sports fan, and by nature skeptical and NOT a homer. These traits have built a pretty loyal base for him in his now 30 years on the air in Denver. That's probably why you see him quoted so much here.

I think KOA fired him after the 1987-88 season. the 1st time I heard/got pissed at Sandy was the post game comments after Superbowl XXII.

mwill07
03-17-2009, 02:50 PM

I have yet to weigh in on this whole fiasco, but this bit reeks, and seems to fit.

Why the hell does Cutler feel that Bowlen has to run this by him?

I remember when Shanny got canned - Cutler was upset and Bowlen coddled him some, saying he's have input on the replacement. I remember thinking, "why is Cutler involved here?" he needs to be put back in his place.

Here's an interesting quote from Bowlen in 1994:

"John is certainly an important part of the Denver Broncos as far as his ability to perform, and I guess that gives him a unique position to some extent," Bowlen said. "But he's still a player. He's not a coach and he's not an administrator. He's a player, and he gets paid very, very well for playing. And players often have a different view of reality. I have to stress that. I know John well and I listen to what he has to say, but you've got to remember that players are players and owners are owners and coaches are coaches. I've learned in eight years in the league that you really have to be careful how you accept the players' opinions, as opposed to reality.

"That's the difference between being a player and being a head coach. The head coach is the guy who is responsible for putting the game plans together and for running the game. Maybe John feels he doesn't get enough attention, but that's just the way it is. It's more likely Dan would lose his job if he loses a bunch of football games than John would lose his."

Obviously, the names are different, but it kind of applies here too.

Of course, Elway ended up winning that feud, and Reeves was the one sent packing.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Well THAT makes this interesting. Before you make any moves, make sure you consult the REAL owner of the team, Mr. Jay Cutler? Hmmm...

Is there any doubt that Cutler views himself as the most important human in the building?

thats his speculation from sources. Oh and he hates Ted Sundquist!

Bronco X
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM

I think just about everyone in the situation has been an idiot.

worm
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Awwww...did poor Jay get his feelings hurt when the freakin' head coach pointed out a mistake? Sometimes, you have to have your ego hurt a little bit to make a point for the better of the team.

I agree. Another great point Josh made was when he had Cutler wait 30-40minutes outside his office sometime during his 2 week entirely voluntary film study sessions while he was on the other side of the door trying to trade him.

Some people just can't be taught.

Triplelefthook
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM

He does his homework and that is why I like him. His only downfall is that when someone disagrees with him he seems to take it as a direct attack on his credibility or something and therefore insults callers, cuts them off, and then runs them when they are unable to defend themselves (he even tries to make the audience believe that the caller hung up) which I think is rather cowardly.

He doesn't just make things up tho, and he doesn't really flip flop on anything - he is rarely on the fense, he takes a strong position on issues and sticks to his guns for the most part... which i enjoy

CEH
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
thats his speculation from sources. Oh and he hates Ted Sundquist!

Lomaradi said he worked for the Broncos for free for 75 days 16 hrs a day and not once did Sundquist acknowledge him. Said Ted worked banker hours 8-5

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:58 PM
He does cut callers off and is very condescending. Sometimes I have to turn him off. but he has been very pro cutler in this and even in todays show he provided insight from both sides but the Bowlen comment was not expected.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Lomaradi said he worked for the Broncos for free for 75 days 16 hrs a day and not once did Sundquist acknowledge him. Said Ted worked banker hours 8-5

add a 1 to that as in 175 days.

BroncoBuff
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I think KOA fired him after the 1987-88 season. the 1st time I heard/got pissed at Sandy was the post game comments after Superbowl XXII.

Well, his skeptical/non-homer approach was genuine. When he moved to Denver from his lifelong home New York City, he decided right away that a no-nonsense, confrontational approach was the best way for him to stand out. It worked, too, you're not the only one he pissed off, not by a longshot. When he started filling in on "Bronco Talk" on KOA (2-3 hour talk show after Broncos game broadcast), in 1980, he aggressively attacked the provincial nature and whiny approach of fans' after games ... and the ratings went through the roof. He was named permanent Bronco Talk host in I think 1982, and became a household name in Denver.

What do you remember him saying after that game? (I'll bet Tony Lilly's name figured prominently :~ohyah!:).

rastaman
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Yet he has 2 Lombardi's and several more AFC Championships. But he can't handle anything. Come on man.

Uh.....Bowlen is going thru a serious draught here of late! The late 90's were Bowlen's heyday. The 21st Century has not been very successful for Bowlen, saved for the 2005 season.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Uh.....Bowlen is going thru a serious draught here of late! The late 90's were Bowlen's heyday. The 21st Century has not been very successful for Bowlen, saved for the 2005 season.

Uh which is why he fired Shanny.

CEH
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM

Shanahan ran the show. Now Xanders and McD are running things through Bowlen and their coming off as the 3 stooges. There is no reason why this situation should be in this sate. McD denying the trade to Cutler then Xanders letting the cat out of the bag. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

rastaman
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM

One could say Bowlen, McDaniels, and Cutler could have all handled the situation much better.

But hey, everything happens for a reason.

crowebomber
03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
One could say Bowlen, McDaniels, and Cutler could have all handled the situation much better.

But hey, everything happens for a reason.

Wow. Thanks mom! I feel much better now!!:thumbs:

rastaman
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow. Thanks mom! I feel much better know!!:thumbs:

Well thank you Little Billy.....you get another slice of apple pie!:thumbsup:

Los Broncos
What a nightmare, blow up and start over.

BroncoBuff
Shanahan ran the show. Now Xanders and McD are running things through Bowlen and their coming off as the 3 stooges

What?! Xanders isn't running anything, except maybe errands for Josh. That is a VERY BIG part of this whole fiasco - lines of authority have been crossed and blurred. Xanders was supposed to be a traditional GM. If Bowlen had made that a reality - as he said he would when he fired Goodman - then Xanders could take the heat and be the "Bad Cop" upstairs, leaving Josh the "Good Cop" in the lockerroom and on the field. As it should be! Josh is a 32-year-old kid coordinator ... head coach is about all he can handle.

Josh won some kind of power struggle while Pat was home drinking ... Josh has full Shanahan-Authority, and he's in over his head. Herm Edwards said today Josh made a "rookie mistake" by not levelling with Jay, keeping him in the loop. He's correct of course. MY question is, WHY DO WE HAVE A ROOKIE CALLING THE GM SHOTS?! Xanders supposedly worked hius way up in several front offices before.

spdirty
Well, his skeptical/non-homer approach was genuine. When he moved to Denver from his lifelong home New York City, he decided right away that a no-nonsense, confrontational approach was the best way for him to stand out. It worked, too, you're not the only one he pissed off, not by a longshot. When he started filling in on "Bronco Talk" on KOA (2-3 hour talk show after Broncos game broadcast), in 1980, he aggressively attacked the provincial nature and whiny approach of fans' after games ... and the ratings went through the roof. He was named permanent Bronco Talk host in I think 1982, and became a household name in Denver.

What do you remember him saying after that game? (I'll bet Tony Lilly's name figured prominently :~ohyah!:).

IMO, I dont care whether he is an ahole or not. Dont care how combative he is with callers. Sandy Clough is the most cerebral sports talk host in the city, which makes him the best.

You dont know how pissed I use to get on the drive home when some moron would call Irv and Joe, make some idiotic point, and hang up unchallenged. I rarely scream at the radio and change the station when I listen to Sandy.

Mike Evans btw, is a frickin moron. He isnt a homer, I understand he is a Mass. guy, but he goes out of his way to be contrarian, even if he doesnt believe it. Sandy will tell you how he feels and if you want to call to disagree you better have all your shlt in 1 sock.

And if Bowlen ships Jay off to Detroit, I repeat, he will regret this for the rest of his ****ing life.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Early reports are McD went to Xanders with the proposal and Xanders said no. So sounds like a GM to me.

24champ
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Uh.....Bowlen is going thru a serious draught here of late!

"Coach for life"
"Jay Cutler is the man around here"
"Goodmans are staying put"
"Pour me a drink"

Yeah sounds like an owner in control.ROFL!

rastaman
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Shanahan ran the show. Now Xanders and McD are running things through Bowlen and their coming off as the 3 stooges. There is no reason why this situation should be in this sate. McD denying the trade to Cutler then Xanders letting the cat out of the bag. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

True. This has been a nightmare. Cutler was supposed to retire as a Bronco and break all of Elway's passing records and SB wins! It just wasn't meant to be.

Broncoman13
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Not that I completely agree with this line of reasoning, but a player like Cutler is going to get asked questions by the media. You're a QB and considered the franchise QB of the Denver Broncos. A future HOFer is fired. Not hard to figure out that Cutler is going to get a few (100's) calls from the media for his opinion. Couple that with the fact that he's proven that he's not exactly the "No comment" type! Again, Cutler should be smart enough to just STFU, but he's not... and it's not something new. There was a well established trend, and apparently Bowlen didn't notice.

I have yet to weigh in on this whole fiasco, but this bit reeks, and seems to fit.

Why the hell does Cutler feel that Bowlen has to run this by him?

I remember when Shanny got canned - Cutler was upset and Bowlen coddled him some, saying he's have input on the replacement. I remember thinking, "why is Cutler involved here?" he needs to be put back in his place.

Here's an interesting quote from Bowlen in 1994:

Obviously, the names are different, but it kind of applies here too.

Of course, Elway ended up winning that feud, and Reeves was the one sent packing.

Broncoman13
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Early reports are McD went to Xanders with the proposal and Xanders said no. So sounds like a GM to me.

Thought the proposal came from outside Denver?

Why would anybody go to the HC and not the GM?

How can you be sure either way as you like to state that the FO doesn't talk to local media?

BroncoBuff
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM

First I've heard of that. Link?

Here's the problem Apa: Broncos fans under 40, and Bowlen himself, have known only "paper-pushing wannabe" GMs like John Beake and Ted Sundquist. In the REAL world of the NFL, a general manager has tremendous powers, very often even the power to hire and fire the head coach. So you see what I'm getting at? You're pretty young, so you've never seen that kind of GM in Denver, but traditionally that's the way things went.

Great Example: The late George Young of the Giants was a traditional GM, and held power over even Bill Parcells. I believe that's when he coined the phrase, "if I'm going to cook the meal, at least let me shop for the groceries." By application here, we should have kept this 32-year old kid in the kitchen, and OUT of the front office.

Broncoman13
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM

And here's the problem: Broncos fans and Bowlen have known only paper-pushing wannabe GMs like John Beake and Ted Sundquist. In the REAL world of the NFL, a general manager has tremendous powers, traditionally even to fire the head coach ... that's right. A true GM like the laste George Young of the Giants, hired and fired coaches.

So you see what I'm getting at? You're pretty young Apa, so you've never seen that kind of GM in Denver.

I think Goodman was going to have that kind of power. Hell, he was a major reason that McD was hired. Part of the interview process as well! Funny to think that he wanted to bring the kid in and then the kid got him put out!

24champ
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM

Here's the problem Apa: Broncos fans under 40, and Bowlen himself, have known only "paper-pushing wannabe" GMs like John Beake and Ted Sundquist. In the REAL world of the NFL, a general manager has tremendous powers, very often even the power to hire and fire the head coach. So you see what I'm getting at? You're pretty young, so you've never seen that kind of GM in Denver, but traditionally that's the way things went.

Great Example: The late George Young of the Giants was a traditional GM, and held power over even Bill Parcells. I believe that's when he coined the phrase, "if I'm going to cook the meal, at least let me shop for the groceries." By application here, we should have kept this 32-year old kid in the kitchen, and OUT of the front office.

Yep.

I thought that was the whole point of getting rid of the Goodmans and canning Shanny, we can have ONE coach, and ONE GM with actual GM powers. Now it looks like Mickey D is running the entire thing.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :ouwknow:

rastaman
03-17-2009, 03:46 PM

I still think McDaniels made several rookie mistakes. McD told lie #1. He made a play for Cassell w/o making sure he could seal the deal. B/c he couldn't seal the deal, word got out to Cutler that McD was shopping is Azz around the league, while also telling Cutler..."Dude---you're my number 1 Qb......we are going to work magic together.

All awhile McD had no faith that he could win with Cutler either immediately or in the near future. Then once Cutler found out, true to form Josh lies for a second time and states teams came to him with interest of making a trade Cutler, which was lie, we later find out it was McD who was interested in trading for Cassell.

Simple put, McD's has felt from the very beginning that Cutler was not the long term solution to run his offense. Now how did McD come to this conclusion? McD looked at the game film of all 37 games Cutler played in and made the decision. McD made the decision he must try and trade Cutler for Cassell.

IMHO, players like Cutler don't fall off trees every year and he's a top 5 or 6 QB in the league right now. Perhaps the same can be said for the caliber of player/QB Matt Cassell will prove to be the next Kurt Warner. Point is, McD failed to land Cassell and in so doing he has lost Cutler as well.

The only way Cutler stays a Bronco is if Bowlen steps in, tears up Cutler's current contract and give Cutler a 10 year Contract making him the top 5 best paid QB in the league. Then Bowlen turns around and signs McD to a 10 year as well. That sends the message that QB and Coach are married at the hip for the next 10 years and have no other choice but to make it work.

We all know that scenario won't happen so........MAKE THE DAM TRADE HAPPEN!!!!!

DomCasual
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow just said it on the FAN. He speaks to Bowlen and he is a huge supporter of Cutler so he has no reason to say this.

Said and I quote, "Bowlen is has the airlines on speed dial and is ready to ship him off to Siberia he is so disgusted with this."

Take it for what its worth and I am not trying to bait just shocked he said this.

Dude, I have a hard time believing he said "Bowlen is has the airlines..."

Geez, and you edited that post? What kind of dumbassery was there before you edited it?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :yayaya:

USMCBladerunner
03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
This is rather interesting. I guess we are going to see a trade, if these are Bowlen's true sentiments. If I was Denver, I keep Cutler for a year, see if things clear up, trade him next year if they don't. I doubt Cutler is willing to sabotage actual games.

ND Bronco Fan
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I think this is a ploy and intentionally leaked, what better way to help mend the fence by saying the coach is the only one has his back.

DomCasual

Dude, Bowlen is one of the best owners in the NFL.

Granted, this thing hasn't been one of his finer moments. But if you really think he's an idiot, then you haven't followed the Broncos very long.

rastaman
This is rather interesting. I guess we are going to see a trade, if these are Bowlen's true sentiments. If I was Denver, I keep Cutler for a year, see if things clear up, trade him next year if they don't. I doubt Cutler is willing to sabotage actual games.

Who ever said Cutler would sabbotage games???

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Thought the proposal came from outside Denver?

Why would anybody go to the HC and not the GM?

How can you be sure either way as you like to state that the FO doesn't talk to local media?

Yes McD got the proposal he presented it to Xanders he said no.

24champ
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Dude, Bowlen is one of the best owners in the NFL.

Granted, this thing hasn't been one of his finer moments. But if you really think he's an idiot, then you haven't followed the Broncos very long.

Cool, so whats he done lately that warrants him as one of the best Owners in the NFL?

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM

I found it and I can't with good conscious say its fact because it wasn't told to me as it was relayed to Montrose. so strike that from my argument council.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77714

TotallyScrewed
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Yeah, and after the first game he thanks "his" fans. He's a douche.

HAT
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Cool, so whats he done lately that warrants him as one of the best Owners in the NFL?

That's an easy one.....He finally fired Stale-ahan.

Next question?

TotallyScrewed
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Time will tell.

If I'm reading you right...the question is: are Pat and the Broncos front office so stupid that they will ship off their franchise QB because of the mistakes by the front office and their oh so bright and yet idiotic HC?

Does it sound possible that their genius HC has zero people skills? Even his, "I'll take care of it!" speaks to his ego and lack of tact.

Hypothetically...

They ship off Jay and this team returns to 1999...and we wait for another bolt of lightning to strike and somehow get the best QB in years in the middle of the first round. And then begin to groom him for the NFL.

Sounds like a good time. I don't know about that.

DomCasual
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Well, let's see:

1) He spends money. When have we ever not gotten a player solely because Pat Bowlen wouldn't open up his checkbook? He's not the wealthiest owner in football, but that has never stopped him from keeping the team competitive.

2) He's obsessed with winning. An important factor in #1.

3) He's not a meddler. He doesn't get overly involved with personnel decisions. He's not constantly creating issues with the press. He does his thing, and lets his football people do theirs. There are times I almost wish he was more involved - but I would always rather have this than someone like Jerry Jones.

4) He gets stuff done. He's a leader among League owners, and he's influential with every major issue the NFL faces.

5) He's savvy enough to have co-existed with some pretty big egos as owner of the Broncos. This might be what I most appreciate about him.

I hate the situation we're in with Cutler and McDaniels. But I admire Bowlen for publicly throwing his lot with McDaniels.