PDA

View Full Version : Crazy McJayGate Bowlen (Bus ride) theory #1762

Bronco Yoda
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Bowlen plays Jay with a bus ride out of town?

It's just a crazy thought... but if..
What if Bowlen wanted to get rid of Jay for a complete rebuild all along?

Why? Who knows. If he was willing to start over without Shanahan, would it be any more crazy to say he just felt like starting over without his 17-20 pouting QB as well?

Everyone's focused on Coach McD. But look at what Bowlen has done from day one. Not exactly moves one would make to ensure your top player is happy now is it?

First Bowlen fires Jays coach who drafted him and promoted him early...

Then Bowlen lets Jays binky-boy Bates go....

Then Bowlen hires a young HC that will change everything.... and I mean everything....

...A coach that is looking for a system QB I might add not a gunslinger...

Obviously Bowlen knew about the trades being entertained...

Bowlen has stood behind his coach knowing full well the ramifications of this...

The owner didn't even bother showing up for the last 'sit-down' with Cutler and McD.

The interview for a HC is a lengthy one I'm sure. McD would have unfolded his vision from soup to nuts. Obviously the type of QB and system he wanted to run would have been at the forefront.

He also would have know how Bus would handle things. Maybe Bowlen played Bus.

Bus becomes the bad guy (that he really is anyway), Jay is viewed as the crybaby, immature brat (that he really is) and the Coach starts off with supreme respect for having walked into the prison yard and kicking the biggest bully in the nuts. Oh, and the Owner comes out pretty much unscathed in the public eye.

Now that's a plan. I'm not saying the best plan... but it's a plan never-the-less in this walk down crazy idea.

Before Bowlen gave the final nod to McD he would had to have known that Jay might very well be on the way out. It wasn't a matter of if but when... and for how much.

Some here think Bowlen just doesn't care or is sloppy drunk somewhere. But I'm thinking he might have been playing with the idea of a 'Bus' ticket for Jay out of town all along...

Thoughts anyone?

oubronco
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah Right

garandman
03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Well written, but Bowlen coming away "unscathed", hardly.
If Cutler gets shipped out and we fall on our ass hard this year which is likely, the fan base will let Bowlen know he FU**ed up big time, he will had never seen such an uprising...

atomicbloke
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
If this is true, why wasn't McD more aggressive in getting Matt Cassel? Why come to the party late as an afterthought or wait until other teams called?

barryr
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
If this is true, why wasn't McD more aggressive in getting Matt Cassel? Why come to the party late as an afterthought or wait until other teams called?

Yep, I agree. Some are so willing to assume McDaniels wanted Cassell so badly, yet there are no reports of him going hard for any deal. Just rejecting a deal that was supposedly made and one that was offered to the Broncos, not the other way around. For someone who supposedly wanted Cassell so badly, his actions sure didn't show it.

Bronco Yoda
03-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Who says Matt Cassel was the endgame?

McD didn't go to the Pats for a trade, trades came to the Broncos. Maybe McD wasn't as sold on him as everyone is thinking. Sure, he may be looking for someone like him but not neccessarly him per say. If McD has the ego every is thinking he has, then why would he bend over backwards for a type of player that he thinks he could just coach up again for much less.

The end game is farther down the path... draft picks, rebuilding a team with a new FO, new system, Philosophy, and ultimatley new players. whether we like it or not.

Under this scenario... a bidding war for draft picks is worth much more than any Cassel trades floated around.

In otherwords, at the very least Bowlen was open to all possiblities. His choice of HC says that.