PDA

View Full Version : Phish announces 4 nights at Red Rocks

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11932624

Awe yeah.

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Didn't know Red Rocks was a fishing hole!

Ambiguous
03-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Phish at Red Rocks in 96 was the first and best concert I have ever been to. Good times.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I thought (hoped) that Phish broke up.

DaFace
03-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Good place to meet women, as long as you don't mind the 100:1 ratio.

http://jamtopia.com/blog/dudes-in-the-front-row/

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-17-2009, 11:02 AM

and you don't mind hairy pits on your ladies.

OABB
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
this is good news...I was just thinking the other day that there aren't anymore places one could go to listen to shrieking, art house drivel whilst pretending to be much more deep and interesting than one truly is.

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM

LOL

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
If that's all you boys can attract...then...welll...sorry.

They also annouced 2 nights at the Gorge...another awesome place to see a show.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL

I am in the picture if it's from the Sunday night show.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
pretending to be much more deep and interesting than one truly is.

Speaking of that...

socalorado
03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11932624

Awe yeah.

OH BOY! Smellin BO and POT all night!!! :wave:

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I am in the picture if it's from the Sunday night show.

Did ya have a date? What was HIS name?;)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-17-2009, 11:10 AM
OH BOY! Smellin BO and POT all night!!! :wave:

And TWIRLING! don't forget the TWIRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNNG!

Spider
03-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Maybe Phish ( who ever in the hell they are ) didnt get the memo about Cutler and McD .......

OABB
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Speaking of that...

yes....?

did you get lost in the ethereal realm that is;

credit card hippie music?

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
;

credit card hippie

LOL

TheReverend
03-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Hippies

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Did ya have a date? What was HIS name?;)

LOL.....dick

mellow mood
03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
i thought they had been banned from red rocks

should be crazy, that is for sure

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
credit card hippie music?

What?

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Hippies

Hippies would be caught "DEAD" at a Phish concert.

TheReverend
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Hippies would be caught "DEAD" at a Phish concert.

:rofl:

I just wanted to pop in and poke the bee hive.

Cut your hair and get a job, fruits!

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
LOL.....dick

His name was "dick"?:spit:

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Haven't had "long hair" since the 70's. I'm incognito!:~ohyah!:

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:26 AM
i thought they had been banned from red rocks

should be crazy, that is for sure

they were banned for 10 years from 96. Besides....4 nights of phish will bring in a least a few million to Morrison alone. With the economy the way it is, and the way these tickets sell, they would be fools to not allow a band that produces sales into the area. The Hampton run I just went to from a ticket master perspective sold out in 9 minutes.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM
His name was "dick"?:spit:

His name was Leo. He looked like Magnum PI.

OABB
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM

me too....

damn dead beat losers. take a shower for once in your life! Patchouli oil doesn't cover up the smell of balls and foot fungi!
tell your mom and dad to send you some more money so you can spend it on dorritos, shrooms and Phish cd's. get a job! make something of yourself.

Your music sucks! it's whiney, psuedo-intellectual, lazy crap!

shave your face, Hippies!

wash your vag!

SPEAK ENGLISH!

damn hippies...

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
His name was Leo. He looked like Magnum PI.

Obviously a case of severely mistaken identity. Magnum loves "Da Blues"!

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
me too....

wash your vag!

EWWWW!

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Obviously a case of severely mistaken identity. Magnum loves "Da Blues"!

Phish plays "Da Blues" mixed in with the funk, rock, and da bluegrass.

TailgateNut
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Phish plays "Da Blues" mixed in with the funk, rock, and da bluegrass.

Righto!

Their music is as close to "mississippi blues" as Alaska is to South Africa.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Righto!

Their music is as close to "mississippi blues" as Alaska is to South Africa.

You must have missed the set they did with BB King. It's doesn't get any more Delta Blues than that.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
And BTW it's not hippes anymore. Hippes haven't been around for years. It's wookies. Wookies are the ones you guys are are talking about.

ak1971
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
smelly trustifarians. Get the Lysol ready Morrison.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 11:51 AM
smelly trustifarians. Get the Lysol ready Morrison.

Ak is not a wookie. :)

Mk69
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I hope Cartman's aware of this.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fnutr4.jpg

SportinOne
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
this is good news...I was just thinking the other day that there aren't anymore places one could go to listen to shrieking, art house drivel whilst pretending to be much more deep and interesting than one truly is.

Perhaps, for you, being deep or interesting feels like pretending because you are neither. And it's okay if you don't understand art or don't get into jam bands but Phish is hardly "shrieking art house drivel." If you don't like it don't listen to it, don't go see it, and have fun at your nickelback concert. But please don't put down other peoples tastes, that's very thick-headed and also annoying.

alkemical
03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
This would be cool if i could go.

alkemical
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm going to see the disco biscuits in june.

broncofan2438
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Finally something other than this Cutler BS

alkemical
03-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Actually, there is a really cool thread in the WRP room - called "amesj's odditorium" - it's pretty cool.

OABB
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Perhaps, for you, being deep or interesting feels like pretending because you are neither. And it's okay if you don't understand art or don't get into jam bands but Phish is hardly "shrieking art house drivel." If you don't like it don't listen to it, don't go see it, and have fun at your nickelback concert. But please don't put down other peoples tastes, that's very thick-headed and also annoying.

Derivative art school drivel? is that better? I only put down people's taste when it isn't their taste to begin with. There is noooo way anyone likes this crap. A nation of mourning dead-heads, lost in a fog of thc and corporate pop music clutching on to whatever seems to be close to the original, does not stand as good "jam band" fanfare.

I have yet to meet a phish fan that had any choice in the matter. And btw, I am being tongue and cheek here, if you like terrible, derivative nonsense, than so be it, more power to you.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm going to see the disco biscuits in june.

That's a cool show. I have only seen them once at the NORVA in Norfolk, but they knock it down just about as good as anybody.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Derivative art school drivel? is that better? I only put down people's taste when it isn't their taste to begin with. There is noooo way anyone likes this crap. A nation of mourning dead-heads, lost in a fog of thc and corporate pop music clutching on to whatever seems to be close to the original, does not stand as good "jam band" fanfare.

I have yet to meet a phish fan that had any choice in the matter. And btw, I am being tongue and cheek here, if you like terrible, derivative nonsense, than so be it, more power to you.

Good improv music is good improv music. True Dead Heads don't find Phish to be the same at all, however they know a good show when they see one. Most of the people you'll find at these shows aren't old enough to be actual dead head. There is nothing corporate about Phish and it's roots. Phish has been around since 83. It's going on 30 years old.

SportinOne
03-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Look, it's not that serious of an issue, but a lot of times I feel like tongue-IN-cheek is just an excuse to not take a firm stance. I would like to say, though, that there are a lot of things in the above statement that are either completely inaccurate or just plain ignorant. So i get the feeling that whatever i say here will be lost on you. That's fine, but i just so happen to be listening to Phish right now and I need to get outside and enjoy this weather.. i just moved back here from San Diego last fall and haven't seen 70 degrees since then.. so in the spirit of corporate suck music, i need to go "soak up the sun." 8')

OABB
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Look, it's not that serious of an issue, but a lot of times I feel like tongue-IN-cheek is just an excuse to not take a firm stance. I would like to say, though, that there are a lot of things in the above statement that are either completely inaccurate or just plain ignorant. So i get the feeling that whatever i say here will be lost on you. That's fine, but i just so happen to be listening to Phish right now and I need to get outside and enjoy this weather.. i just moved back here from San Diego last fall and haven't seen 70 degrees since then.. so in the spirit of corporate suck music, i need to go "soak up the sun." 8')

sounds good, brother...have a beer on me...

but be careful, that melodic, hypnotic, whiney artsy-fartsy stoner music may make you fall asleep, and you could get a bad burn or worse; melanoma. make sure you insert at least one good song in your playlist just to wake you up...

chawknz
03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
The pot smoke cloud will be big enough to get the entire city of Denver a contact buzz.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Are you going to the Alpine shows?

SportinOne
03-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Are you going to the Alpine shows?

Would love to but i'm going to catch them at Bonnaroo, probably twice. I do need to get to Alpine Valley for something this year, though.