PDA

View Full Version : Give Bus Cook 1 Week to find Trading Partner

no-pseudo-fan
03-17-2009, 07:25 AM
I was thinking about this. Denver can tell Jay and his slimeball agent that they have 7 days to find a trade for Cutler. With these rules:

1. We want the equivalent of 4 1st round draft picks in exchange.
2. The first 1st need to be the equivalent of a top 10 pick.
3. We also get a viable QB.

Now either they find a partner and we are fine next year, or they don't and we are fine. This will also show Jay how much the FO thinks of him, and calms the situation down some.

oubronco
03-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Give Bus Cook a date with Spider he'll take care of this Douchebag

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2009, 07:34 AM
I was thinking about this. Denver can tell Jay and his slimeball agent that they have 7 days to find a trade for Cutler. With these rules:

Now either they find a partner and we are fine next year, or they don't and we are fine. This will also show Jay how much the FO thinks of him, and calms the situation down some.

Ummmm, ok. No player in the history of the league has been traded for that much. It would be the equivalent of Cutler and Bus telling the Broncos, you have 7 days to present me with an extension. And the extension must include the following, at a minimum:

1. $150 million over 7 years
2. $50 million guaranteed
3. I can name my own coach and offensive coordinator each season

DarkHorse
03-17-2009, 07:38 AM
It would be the equivalent of Cutler and Bus telling the Broncos, you have 7 days to present me with an extention. And the extension must include the following, at a minimum

Yeah but they don't hold the cards - the Broncos do.

Personally i'd love to see them just sit him - there's no way I would take the **** that he's pulling when I own his ass for the next few years.

Sit his ass on the bench and tell him to pay attention to the Mike Vick situation. Jay can see what it's like to leave the league for a few years and watch how it affects your abilities.

Sure we cut off our nose to spite our face but i'm sick of prima donna players in this day and age. This isn't ****ing basketball - cut the **** out.

crowebomber
03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Don't give them anything. Don't even address it. He's under contract. He needs to report when he is supposed to report. If they come to the table with a deal, then listen. But it better be a great deal (uhh, not 4 first rounders good, but good), because he's under contract and contractually bound to play.

Now, he can choose to sit out, but there is no way Jay Cutler does that. He knows his stock would fall through the floor and he would be much worse off next year.

Mogulseeker
03-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Jay needs to FIRE his slimeball agent.

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Sit his ass on the bench and tell him to pay attention to the Mike Vick situation. Jay can see what it's like to leave the league for a few years and watch how it affects your abilities.

And I'd quickly respond....."didn't seem to affect your boyfriend Matt Cassel, now did it?"

(and you are assuming Michael Vick's "abilities" have suffered. You don't actually know this this to be the case yet)

crowebomber
03-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Yeah but they don't hold the cards - the Broncos do.

Personally i'd love to see them just sit him - there's no way I would take the **** that he's pulling when I own his ass for the next few years.

Sure we cut off our nose to spite our face but i'm sick of prima donna players in this day and age. This isn't ****ing basketball - cut the **** out.

I don't agree with sitting him. If he plays for the Broncos this year, and that's a pretty big "if", he is going to play his a$$ off because he'll be playing for a contract. That contract will either be with us as a new deal (winning and success tends to heal a lot of hurt feelings) or with another team in a big trade. If he is on the Broncos roster this year, they would be better off with him playing whether he stays in Denver or not.

no-pseudo-fan
03-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Don't give them anything. Don't even address it. He's under contract. He needs to report when he is supposed to report. If they come to the table with a deal, then listen. But it better be a great deal (uhh, not 4 first rounders good, but good), because he's under contract and contractually bound to play.

Now, he can choose to sit out, but there is no way Jay Cutler does that. He knows his stock would fall through the floor and he would be much worse off next year.

Redskins offered Bengals 2 first for Chad Johnson, so I think double that is fair.

Mogulseeker
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Ummmm, ok. No player in the history of the league has been traded for that much. It would be the equivalent of Cutler and Bus telling the Broncos, you have 7 days to present me with an extension. And the extension must include the following, at a minimum:

Maybe that's the point.

Smiling Assassin27
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM

you really have no leverage if you do this. if at the end of 7 days, they don't hvae a deal in place, you've accomplished nothing and still have a qb who is trite, immature, and likely unwilling to lay out on the field for the organization. it's early--no need for deadlines at this point. let the deals come to you, and tell jay you will attempt a trade but only on bronco terms. and if he talks to the media about this, all bets are off. it's time to go bill parcells on his arse.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 07:52 AM
No you don't. You let this drag out to the draft. After day one of the draft if there is no deal you tell him to report to the first mini-camp. He will come and you go from there.

no-pseudo-fan
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM

He is under contract and we do not have to do anything. Franchise QB's do not get traded at 25, so the deal would have to be historic. We have the upperhand. I say that we give this option more to show Jay what his value is, than to actually trade him.

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Redskins offered Bengals 2 first for Chad Johnson, so I think double that is fair.

In reality, it was a low first (21st pick) and a third that could become a first if certain incentives were met. It was my understanding that they were going to be very hard to meet because they were player- and team-based incentives. Either way, there would be no "top 10 pick value" that you were looking for originally.

Also, Cincy was looking at a huge cap hit if they traded him at that time, so that had to be factored in.

DarkHorse
03-17-2009, 07:55 AM
And I'd quickly respond....."didn't seem to affect your boyfriend Matt Cassel, now did it?"

(and you are assuming Michael Vick's "abilities" have suffered. You don't actually know this this to be the case yet)

I didn't say they suffered - I said see how they are affected - as in observe, take notes as to what sitting does.

McDaniels coached Cassel, that would be my response. If Jay goes somewhere else is McDaniels going to be his next coach, is he going to be there to Matt Cassel him?

If he doesn't want to mend fences and meet the team halfway......

Maybe both parties need ****canned so we can just start over

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2009, 07:59 AM
I didn't say they suffered - I said see how they are affected - as in observe, take notes as to what sitting does.

McDaniels coached Cassel, that would be my response. If Jay goes somewhere else is McDaniels going to be his next coach, is he going to be there to Matt Cassel him?

I'll go further. McDaniels wasn't there for Aaron Rodgers.....same thing.

"Sitting" isn't necessarily the career killer people are making it out to be.

DarkHorse
03-17-2009, 08:07 AM
I'll go further. McDaniels wasn't there for Aaron Rodgers.....same thing.

"Sitting" isn't necessarily the career killer people are making it out to be.

How many years does he have left on his Broncos contract? 3 isn't it?

Hell, i'm not even talking about killing his career - i'm talking about hurting his next contract cash out. I'm sure 3 years sitting will have a ''slight'' affect on the money someone offers.

Aaron Rodgers - that just goes to show that you can pluck hidden talent from the bench of most teams out there.

I'm not a Cassel fan, started off not being a McDaniels fan after all of this - but now, i'm back to being a Broncos fan with no player input and i'm just sick of hearing about this crap from both sides.

I'll be extremely unhappy if we lose Cutler, but I won't ask for a team trade :strong:

Mogulseeker
03-17-2009, 08:07 AM
No you don't. You let this drag out to the draft. After day one of the draft if there is no deal you tell him to report to the first mini-camp. He will come and you go from there.

McD said he "has no intrest in tradying Jay" and then he has "no intrest in trading Jay for draft picks" ... maybe the next step IS trading for picks?

I don't see a trade happening.

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2009, 08:12 AM
How many years does he have left on his Broncos contract? 3 isn't it?

Hell, i'm not even talking about killing his career - i'm talking about hurting his next contract cash out. I'm sure 3 years sitting will have a ''slight'' affect on the money someone offers.

No doubt. But he's also slated to make over $20 mil if he does nothing but show up the last two years of his contract. Not too shabby.

I'm also looking at it this way. After this season, I'm 100% positive we're going to start seeing smaller contracts in the NFL. This year is already the last year we'll see the first round draft "slotting" as it currently exists and is the primary reason why guys like Sanchez came out this year. The future is unknown, but agents are advising guys to cash in now if they can, because everything is screaming "cutbacks in big money contracts" in the future. This is probably a good deal of Cutler's/Bus's thinking right now. He has a much better chance at a certain amount of money this year that might not be there next year or the year after.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
McD said he "has no intrest in tradying Jay" and then he has "no intrest in trading Jay for draft picks" ... maybe the next step IS trading for picks?

I don't see a trade happening.

It will have to be for a team with a QB in return or a top defensive player. But I think McD and him hug it out he plays for a year and depending on that gets a big fat extension. Thats just a theory.

no-pseudo-fan
In reality, it was a low first (21st pick) and a third that could become a first if certain incentives were met. It was my understanding that they were going to be very hard to meet because they were player- and team-based incentives. Either way, there would be no "top 10 pick value" that you were looking for originally.

Also, Cincy was looking at a huge cap hit if they traded him at that time, so that had to be factored in.

The point is this. We are not going to give Jay away.

DarkHorse
No doubt. But he's also slated to make over $20 mil if he does nothing but show up the last two years of his contract. Not too shabby.

I'm also looking at it this way. After this season, I'm 100% positive we're going to start seeing smaller contracts in the NFL. This year is already the last year we'll see the first round draft "slotting" as it currently exists and is the primary reason why guys like Sanchez came out this year. The future is unknown, but agents are advising guys to cash in now if they can, because everything is screaming "cutbacks in big money contracts" in the future. This is probably a good deal of Cutler's/Bus's thinking right now. He has a much better chance at a certain amount of money this year that might not be there next year or the year after.

You make a great point - I didn't even think about how the economy is affecting EVERYTHING as we know it.

I completely agree with your fresh take (for me at least)

Garcia Bronco
Nope. No contract negotiations. No trades. You either play or sit the rest of your contract and work out an extentsion after the next season. How much is a QB that won't play worth on the market? Probably not a whole bunch.

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2009, 08:20 AM
The point is this. We are not going to give Jay away.

Agree.

Though now that I think about it, TB did give two first rounders and two second rounders for John Freakin' Gruden.....so maybe your four first rounders isn't too ridiculous a demand for a team like them. :egbgb:

Irish Stout
03-17-2009, 08:22 AM
It will have to be for a team with a QB in return or a top defensive player. But I think McD and him hug it out he plays for a year and depending on that gets a big fat extension. Thats just a theory.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! I give you two gold stars for this theory. Cutler and Bus are looking for the pay day.... after all, it is a business.

BroncoInferno
03-17-2009, 08:43 AM
No--you give Cook and Cutler NO power in this situation. Don't let them in on any trade talks. If they try to pull **** where they send you a list of preferred teams (which will probably be teams a QB away from playoff contention), tell them "sure, we will take it under advisement," then scratch those teams off the list.

no-pseudo-fan
03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
No--you give Cook and Cutler NO power in this situation. Don't let them in on any trade talks. If they try to pull **** where they send you a list of preferred teams (which will probably be teams a QB away from playoff contention), tell them "sure, we will take it under advisement," then scratch those teams off the list.

I am saying that we tell them what is what, and if they can find a team that is willing to give up 4 1st round picks, then and only then, will we discuss it.

DarkHorse
03-17-2009, 09:31 AM

Better yet - don't accept the list at all, simply tell them that they aren't involved in possible FO moves - go home and sit on the couch, someone will contact you if a trade has been made.

Do not empower them by even accepting requests of any sort.

Mogulseeker
03-17-2009, 09:41 AM

That's exactly what I'm thinking, and hoping, happens.