PDA

View Full Version : Who sets us back more?

DBroncos4life
03-17-2009, 02:28 AM
So one has to go but losing which person sets us back more as a frachise?

Blueflame
03-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Losing Jay would.

hambone13
03-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Sad thing is, only Alfred Williams solution of, "Fire McD and ReHire Shanny.....we're paying both of them anyway"" is the not-so-realistic but only financially effective answer to this question.......unless McD bones up man style.....not likely.

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2009, 03:19 AM
McDouche's stupidity as a coach can set us back a couple seasons at worst. the loss of Jay can doom this franchise to a state of mediocrity and suckiness for the next decade.

Dennison can take over the HC job tomorrow and we wouldn't skip a beat without McDouche. Simms can take over for us and instead of being a borderline playoff team with Jay, we will be a team drafting in the top 10 maybe top 5 next year

Blueflame
03-17-2009, 03:25 AM
McDouche's stupidity as a coach can set us back a couple seasons at worst. the loss of Jay can doom this franchise to a state of mediocrity and suckiness for the next decade.

Dennison can take over the HC job tomorrow and we wouldn't skip a beat without McDouche. Simms can take over for us and instead of being a borderline playoff team with Jay, we will be a team drafting in the top 10 maybe top 5 next year

It's been a long, long time since we drafted in the top 10...IIRC, we would have had #10 overall after the 1999 6-10 season, but Shanahan traded to like #19 (and took Ashley Lelie, I believe).

OBF1
03-17-2009, 03:40 AM
7-9 and 8-8 with Cutler..... not exactly setting the world on fire.

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2009, 04:08 AM
It's been a long, long time since we drafted in the top 10...IIRC, we would have had #10 overall after the 1999 6-10 season, but Shanahan traded to like #19 (and took Ashley Lelie, I believe).

i know. i think the last time we picked lower than the 11 we did when we got Jay(which was done through trades) was in like 76.

but if Jay is gone, and with the offense being pulled apart, the defense still sucking, we will be picking top 10 and with regularity for quite a while until the team is fixed, probably by the coach who will take McDouche's job in a couple years.

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2009, 04:08 AM
7-9 and 8-8 with Cutler..... not exactly setting the world on fire.

it is when without him we would have been lucky to get to 4-12

eddie mac
03-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah so get rid of McDaniels then and what happens when the next HC comes in and JC/his **** of an agent start this **** all over again as soon as something happens that upsets him???

This isn't the Jay Cutler reality show this is a ****ing NFL Franchise that is far bigger than any one player's self interests.

Once an organisation let's one player and his rep call the shots you may as well pack the whole ****er in and give up football and take up knitting.

In the space of 3 seasons Jay Cutler has shown flashes of being a great QB, however during those 3 seasons he has also shown nothing but immaturity and pure selfishness. The QB of any team also has to be that unit's team leader and I've witnessed nothing to date that indicates that Jay will ever accomplish that.

Ray Finkle
03-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Losing 1 player will not make or break a team that plays together.....lame but true. If Jay truly does not want to be here, trade him. This offense will not completely fall apart due to Royal, Marshall, the O-Line, and some good backs. You could insert Kyle Boller and the wheels would not fall off. Will they run better with Cutler? Yes but his attitude will poison the team if they allow it to.

oubronco
03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
with the way McD is tearing the offense apart and the defense rebuilding I fear we are in for alot of bad years ahead and the question then becomes will they both be gone?

Rabb
03-17-2009, 08:21 AM
I hope he dominates as head coach so some of you can choke on it later

eddie mac pretty much summed up my opinion as well

spdirty
03-17-2009, 08:22 AM
You move your star quarterback without getting equal value and you set your franchise back 5 years minimum and possibly as many as 10 years. We trade Jay and we go from a team who is a contender with a defense to a team who is flailing away in the air.

I feel like Bowlwn is sitting unerneath his desk trying to drink this situation away like a coward while our new lil nero burns this proud franchise to the ground.

If you don't know that the players make the coach then you don't know sports. Why was Phil Jackson able to win 9 titles? Why was Bill Walsh regarded as a great head coach? His offense was a system offense who wouldve floundered in any other system? Give me a break. This franchise has some mighty lean years ahead if they trade Jay.

spdirty
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
with the way McD is tearing the offense apart and the defense rebuilding I fear we are in for alot of bad years ahead and the question then becomes will they both be gone?

I just wish that once Bowlen sees his ****up and makes the correct decision to fire this punk ass kid, Jay will still be here. Unfortunately, doesnt look like that will happen.

cmhargrove
03-17-2009, 08:27 AM
This is a question that can only be answered in hindsight.

Did the Falcons feel lucky when Vick sent the team through the grist mill?
Now look at them.

Did the Dolphins feel lucky to have the worst team in the NFL 2 seasons ago? Now look at them.

Wait until this plays out, and we have gone through the draft. If McDaniels just brings discipline and accountability to the team, he might be setting us up for something much better. Back to the Dolphins. All they did was bring in some hard working vets and mixed them with some young, hard working talent and they went to the playoffs. We have the chance to get better, but we won't know until we see them play.

Let's just stop guessing, and watch how this plays out - especially our draft.

Rabb
03-17-2009, 08:28 AM
I see your point but Phil Jackson is not the best example, he took one legend and a group of role players and dominated in Chicago.

And remind me how many titles Shaq and Kobe had before Jackson? (hint:0)

point is, don't discredit a good coach/system

oubronco
03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I think the Falcoons were happy to get rid of Vick he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn

oubronco
03-17-2009, 08:32 AM

lex
03-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Losing 1 player will not make or break a team that plays together.....lame but true. If Jay truly does not want to be here, trade him. This offense will not completely fall apart due to Royal, Marshall, the O-Line, and some good backs. You could insert Kyle Boller and the wheels would not fall off. Will they run better with Cutler? Yes but his attitude will poison the team if they allow it to.

Besides Hillis, what good backs?

lex
03-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Yeah, McDaniels has been more about himself than the team.

Rohirrim
03-17-2009, 09:16 AM
I shouldn't be surprised in this day and age. There are Americans publicly hoping that Obama will fail, regardless of the effect on the country. There are Broncos fans hoping that McDaniels fails, regardless of the effect on the team. It's the times we live in.

Tom A Hawk
03-17-2009, 09:24 AM

I don't know which one you lose sets you back more, but it appears (so far anyway) that hiring a new coach sets you back.

Just like when KC hired Edwards....that was a step back. Look on the bright side, you could have hired Edwards

Rock Chalk
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
it is when without him we would have been lucky to get to 4-12

Really? Only Cutler, he's the ONLY guy that could have won 8 games?

I can think of about 15-20 other guys that probably could have won 8 games with Denvers offense last year. Probably more because they wouldnt have made so many stupid mistakes in the red zone.

Cutler didnt do **** in the second half of the season.A fter the scripted plays were done, Cutler was too.

You people have completely distorted view of how good Cutler really is.

Popps
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM

Again, "one" doesn't have to go.

Jay will go.

Coach McDanieles isn't going anywhere. It's not an option. It's not being discussed.

This situation will be resolved in one of many ways, but NONE of them include the coach (who is doing his job) leaving because the player is not.

So, can we please quit using the "one of them" line. It's factually incorrect.

HAT
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Really? Only Cutler, he's the ONLY guy that could have won 8 games?

I can think of about 15-20 other guys that probably could have won 8 games with Denvers offense last year. Probably more because they wouldnt have made so many stupid mistakes in the red zone.

Cutler didnt do **** in the second half of the season.A fter the scripted plays were done, Cutler was too.

You people have completely distorted view of how good Cutler really is.

But,but,but Alec....my Fantasy Football magazines say that Jay is a top 5 QB so it must be true! ;D