PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Opponents... we might have the hardest schedule in the league

The MVPlaya
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Kansas City

Kansas City

Oakland

Oakland

San Diego

San Diego

Cleveland

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Dallas

Philadelphia

N.Y. Giants

Washington

New England

Indianapolis

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=1410

GreatBronco16
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
On paper it looks pretty tough, but we won't know how good those teams are until the season starts.

spdirty
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
No excuse. Im expecting the great coach McDaniels to lead this team to higher ppg, less points allowed, and at least a 9-7 record. No injury excuses, and no matter who is taking snaps behind center.

SoCalBronco
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Philly, NY Giants, New England, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh?

Pfft.

Coach Josh will take care of it.

Popps
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Can we cancel the season?

I mean, without Jay... what's the point.

Boobs McGee
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
hot damn how many games is Ed going to be gifting us this year?

WABronco
03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Ooo sick burn with the pink lettering dude!

I agree Popps, as I'm sure SoCalBronco does, what's the point?

GreatBronco16
03-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Can we cancel the season?

I mean, without Jay... what's the point.

Yeah this team would be much better with Jay and no Coach. Hey I bet Jay could coach and play just like Payton Manning. Now I know why he referenced himself to him. It all makes sense now.

Popps
03-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah this team would be much better with Jay and no Coach. Hey I bet Jay could coach and play just like Payton Manning. Now I know why he referenced himself to him. It all makes sense now.

Well, Manning... Eli... Elway, all the greats. Jay is right up there.

(Aside from not winning much and throwing just a few more TDs than INTs this year.)

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2009, 11:05 PM
No excuse. Im expecting the great coach McDaniels to lead this team to higher ppg, less points allowed, and at least a 9-7 record. No injury excuses, and no matter who is taking snaps behind center.

agreed. his arrogance in being ready to toss aside a pro bowl QB, and his actions and attitude have set the bar high. he is acting like he can win no matter what and because of that he has to win now or he is a failure, regardless of Cutler being here or not

GreatBronco16
03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey I know. Lets just bring back Shanny and slowick. Bring back all the players we cut, and get rid of the ones we brought in. I bet you we'd be superbowl bound this coming season. But if we go 4-12, we can just say, give Shanny one more year. We can keep saying this for another 10 years.

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Hey I know. Lets just bring back Shanny and slowick. Bring back all the players we cut, and get rid of the ones we brought in. I bet you we'd be superbowl bound this coming season. But if we go 4-12, we can just say, give Shanny one more year. We can keep saying this for another 10 years.

please. what is so special with McDick'sFA pickups, compared with Shanahan's? Dawkins would have been brought to Denver even under Mike's watch, and outside of him, there isn't a big gain in talent from FA. wait i forgot our new Long snapper.

so far all i like that McDick has done is dump the **** defensive players we had, but any new HC would have done the same thing, all without ****ing with the one thing that didn't need to be ****ed with...The goddamn QB.

And honestly i would gladly deal with another season of Slowik if it meant we would not have McDick, and the cluster**** McDick has put us into.

now i honestly was glad when Mike was let go, because it was time for a change, but if i had known what Mike's departure would bring I would have rather kept him and Slowik, because at the worst we have had a really awesome offense and a ****ty defense again next season whereas under McDick, we are looking like we won't have anything good to look at this season.

GreatBronco16
03-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Dawkins would have been brought to Denver even under Mike's watch,

Oh really? You call Shanny up and asked him this?

Let me try this.

Shanny would have kept the same defensive players since they knew the system.

Now here are next weeks lotto numbers. Wait, you tell them BM. You seem to know the future and the what might have beens.

DivineLegion
03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
If Mike would have kept Slowdick and most of the D, but picked up Dawkins a few other defensive players and then drafted a ton of defensive talent, I think this team would have been better off. The situation were in right now is a long term dent in the teams development. We have a rookie head coach who is going to take time adjusting to the position as a head coach...our rookie head coach just ran off our immature franchise QB, but still a franchise QB (ask any team in league how often these guys come around).

Now were stuck with a scrap heap of a Defense, a leaderless offense with nothing but skill players (WR) and a good offensive line. The team still needs a young Saftey who's not pushing retirement, now a QB, a young Corner, a defensive line, a few Linebackers, and a running back. Same situation as before just this time its going to be a lot more difficult because one of the most prized pieces of the puzzle that we had filled with a kid who had all the talent in the world and an attitude problem just became a glaring hole.

You see Jay may be an immature bitch but hes still a freak at the QB position. Maybe you should go back through this season and look at some of the spectacular throws he was making, the one thing he was starting to develop that every great QB has, was consistency. Its not very often you get a QB who can still be consistent and win games without a running game, or a Defense. He carried this team all season long...now were back to 2002 with no Plummer in sight to fix the leak.

If you look at this all in perspective we could get some picks that would hopefully pan out in the future for our disgruntled QB but is it really worth the pain of finding a new franchise QB or trying to develop one when you already had one in the first place. How often do guys like Cutler come around? Think of it this way at least Jay isn't Vince Young who's not only immature but a freaking head case. You know kids are stupid but eventually they grow up, I'm sure its only a matter of time for Jay...his heart is already there. I mean the kid did'nt give up part of his offseason last year to work with Tony and Brandon for ****s and giggles, or part of his offseason to learn McD's new play book for the sake of reading, the kids a competitor...just misguided.

Hogan11
03-17-2009, 01:31 AM
It's the worst road schedule I've seen in years...what a bunch of crud cities.

Anaximines
03-17-2009, 01:50 AM
yeah, I feel like schedules always look easy or hard when they first come out but then there are always a few teams who surprise everyone and end up evening things out more or less.

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Oh really? You call Shanny up and asked him this?

Let me try this.

Shanny would have kept the same defensive players since they knew the system.

Now here are next weeks lotto numbers. Wait, you tell them BM. You seem to know the future and the what might have beens.

history tells that Mike would have been very high on bringing in Dawkins. an aging Safety known for being a vocal leader, no longer wanted by his long time team. seems to me we recently had a guy just like that.

Slowik might have remained as the DC, but new talent would have been brought in. not as many guys would have been dumped, but there would have been a purge and new talent would have been aquired.

eddie mac
03-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Might look that way on paper but it's actually not.

There's 9 games against teams who were .500 or worse last season, 6 divisional games and games against the Browns, Bengals and Redskins.

Kansas City .125

Kansas City .125

Oakland .313

Oakland .313

San Diego .500

San Diego .500

Cleveland .250

Baltimore .688

Pittsburgh .750

Cincinnati .281

Dallas .563

Philadelphia .594

N.Y. Giants .750

Washington .500

New England .688

Indianapolis .750

Actual opp % for 2009 = .480. I read somewhere that the Dolphins opp % in 2009 is either .580 or even .680.