PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City is the reason all this McDaniels/Cutler stuff is going on

Breck Bronc
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
If Bernard Pollard doesn't shred Tom Brady's knee in week 1 Matt Cassel never plays a down and Josh McDaniels doesn't fall in love with a QB who has never started in college or the NFL.

Or, if Dwayne Bowe doesn't drop an easy catch on a San Diego onside kick in week 15 Denver makes the playoffs and Mike Shanahan is never fired. I don't think Shanny would have been fired even if we still lost our last 3 games to go to 8-8 and lost a home playoff game to Indy.

Taco John
03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Me - I blame George Washington.

Blart
03-16-2009, 09:12 PM
It is funny to think that if one onside kick in a game we weren't even watching had gone normally - we'd be talking about draft picks for the defense.

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
It is funny to think that if one onside kick in a game we weren't even watching had gone normally - we'd be talking about draft picks for the defense.

Slowik's defense.

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM

I think Shanahan might have been gone anyways had we lost 3 in a row and backed into the playoffs at 8-8 only to be blown out (yet again) by Indy.

TDmvp
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/13/images/tbt_griese.jpg

Bob's your Information Minister
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/286/drpiolih.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drpiolih.jpg)

SureShot
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Me- I blame Taco for moving the Mojo thread. :approve:

B B
03-16-2009, 09:55 PM
If Bernard Pollard doesn't shred Tom Brady's knee in week 1 Matt Cassel never plays a down and Josh McDaniels doesn't fall in love with a QB who has never started in college or the NFL.

The 15 starts with the 11-5 record called and said hello.

BMarsh615
03-16-2009, 10:19 PM
The 15 starts with the 11-5 record called and said hello.

He couldn't take a team that went 18-0 the year before to the playoffs. Pretty soon Cassel will find out that Dwayne Bowe and Michael Bradley ain't no Moss and Welker.

B B
03-16-2009, 10:24 PM
He couldn't take a team that went 18-0 the year before to the playoffs. Pretty soon Cassel will find out that Dwayne Bowe and Michael Bradley ain't no Moss and Welker.

Given the degree of injuries we had (see google) the fact that he pulled out the season was impressive.

Trust me, I am no Cassel fan by any means....I don't think he is an upgrade over Cutler.

Just pointing out that he did have NFL starts.....and a winning record.

HAT
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
and Josh McDaniels doesn't fall in love with a QB who has never started in college or the NFL.

Sigh....When will you people learn a thing or two about QB'ing at a major NCAA Di. I program?

I'm no big Cassell fan by any means, but I am so sick of this tired argument.

MC never started at USC because of politics, plain and simple. MC was not a Pete Carroll recruit and that was the deciding factor in a neck and neck race that year.

KCCrizzy
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
I am completely satisfied with the Chiefs claiming responsibility for all of this.

boltaneer
03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Or the Broncos could have simply won one of the last four games of the season instead of choking it all away...

Dwayne Bowe is the man though!

Old No. 7
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I am completely satisfied with the Chiefs claiming responsibility for all of this.

To quote an old bank jingle, "The feeling, the feeling, the feeling is mutual"...ROFL!

SAINT BERNARD:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/PollardBIG.jpg

The Spark That Lit The
REVOLUTION.

Psi
03-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, sup.

Wes Mantooth
03-17-2009, 12:11 AM

I blame those pesky kids.

DBBBSBS
03-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Or, if Dwayne Bowe doesn't drop an easy catch on a San Diego onside kick in week 15 Denver makes the playoffs and Mike Shanahan is never fired. I don't think Shanny would have been fired even if we still lost our last 3 games to go to 8-8 and lost a home playoff game to Indy.

and why did this deserve a seperate thread....

chadta
03-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Trust me, I am no Cassel fan by any means....I don't think he is an upgrade over Cutler.

Just pointing out that he did have NFL starts.....and a winning record.

whats cutlers record by the way ?

i like the guy and all but the drama queen act should be left for us on the message board not be played out in real life.

Wes Mantooth
03-17-2009, 04:41 AM
I really could of swore it was all brought on by bad front office managemnet and miscommunication.

TheReverend
03-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Me- I blame Taco for moving the Mojo thread. :approve:

QFT

DrFate
03-17-2009, 04:55 AM
MC never started at USC because of politics, plain and simple. MC was not a Pete Carroll recruit and that was the deciding factor in a neck and neck race that year.

Then why didn't he transfer? How many guys that see themselves as NFL material at QB simply ride the pine?

TheReverend
03-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Sigh....When will you people learn a thing or two about QB'ing at a major NCAA Di. I program?

Yes! Pete Carroll is known for being stubborn and not letting the best players play.

That's why USC has sucked for so long..........

luv2rite
03-17-2009, 05:50 AM

11-5 really sucks, huh? How bad is it when you almost won your division at 8-8? Maybe Bowe did you all a favor by missing the catch. Blame him all you want, but he saved you from being totally embarrassed against Indy.

broncogary
03-17-2009, 06:07 AM

Mack Brown did the same thing to Major Applewhite at Texas, in favor of Chris Simms.

broncofan
03-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Somebody wrote an article a month back or so that was built around this same premise...although at the time it was geared more towards how the Chiefs got Shanahan fired as this latest drama hadn't unveiled itself yet.

Banana Pants
03-17-2009, 07:21 AM
It's also KC's fault that they went after the QB Denver really wants behind Center. And those assholes got him too. Do you think we could trade our 1st rounder and Jay to KC for Cassel straight up? I mean, that's who we really want right?

Sean LaChapelle
03-17-2009, 07:29 AM
How the hell did this team not have Flutie at some point in his career
you get all the other QB flakes

RINGLEADER
03-17-2009, 08:43 AM
whats cutlers record by the way ?

i like the guy and all but the drama queen act should be left for us on the message board not be played out in real life.

No doubt. Even if he had taken the Broncos to a Super Bowl his actions would still resemble those of an entitled child-like prima donna. The fact that he's never posted a winning season in his career and acts this way is just sad.

WhitiE
03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Go Bp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheReverend
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Ugh, this thread is disgusting.

TheReverend
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
http://www.medwastesolutions.com/shop/images/VCLO0204.JPG

Old No. 7
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
It's also KC's fault that they went after the QB Denver really wants behind Center. And those a-holes got him too. Do you think we could trade our 1st rounder and Jay to KC for Cassel straight up? I mean, that's who we really want right?

We'll consider it, but he'll be going right back out the door as fast we brought him in. We have absolutely no faith in that little douche nozzle, but with Pioli working his voodoo, we can keep your 1st and send Gay Butler down the road.

To Detroit, Tampa, or Minnesota.

Don't call us; we'll call you.

Breck Bronc
03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
and why did this deserve a seperate thread....I'm sorry it doesn't meet your high standards. I thought it was interesting that two plays in games we were not involved in have drastically changed the course of this franchise. My bad.

Tom A Hawk
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM

and without Cutler, Marshall ain't no receiver:wiggle: