PDA

View Full Version : Jay or McD? I take Jay!!

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
In my drunken stooper I have made this.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keepjaycutler

Feel free to support.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
There isn't much that is gayer than an online petition.

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the support. Now we can move on to those not living in mom's basement.

BroncoMatt
03-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Jay or McD? Hmm, like the choice is our to make. Jay already made his pick, he would rather abandon his team than be a man and try to work this out.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah thats it you have it right. Quick make an online petition about it. HURRY THE INTERNET DEPENDS ON IT.

One day you will move out of the 2nd floor next to mom and dad and into the basement. If you can handle the dark that is.

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Just an FYI there are two other petitions for this already... a 3rd is simply a waist. These things don't do crap anyway. If they did Philly would still have Dawkins.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Just an FYI there are two other petitions for this already... a 3rd is simply a waist. These things don't do crap anyway. If they did Philly would still have Dawkins.

Which is why I said there isn't much gayer than an online petition.

Archer81
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
**** stick. Why cant this just end? Jay is still on the roster, McDaniels is still the head coach...lets all collectively step away from the edge and take a minute here...never before seen 50 damn threads containing the SAME information...what are we? chief fans?

:Broncos:

LonghornBronco
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
No Ape, you just get your rocks off on calling out your fellow Bronco fans. Remind me to never get in a foxhole with you.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
No Ape, you just get your rocks off on calling out your fellow Bronco fans. Remind me to never get in a foxhole with you.

Yeah and you decide to put a comment in your sig sent to a guy who has a terminal illness. **** you, hypocrite. All I said was an internet poll is gay. But you are classless. Would rather be called out for making fun of an online poll.

TotallyScrewed
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Jay or McD? Hmm, like the choice is our to make. Jay already made his pick, he would rather abandon his team than be a man and try to work this out.

Since you've been to all the meetings and were copied on every text message and so on...

So many fans that want to string up a player who did everything possible last year and has show steady improvement and resents being put up on the auction block...

THINK A BIT ABOUT HOW YOU'D FEEL AND REACT.

Absolutely everything points to a management situation that went wrong and then management decided that they not only didn't do anything wrong or stupid but rather they were right and they'd do it again.

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey Apa, the view is great from my second floor bedroom, and mom polishes my soccer trophies every Tuesday afternoon. Can you blame me? Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue looking at old yearbooks.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Hay Apa, the view is great from my second floor bedroom, and mom polishes my soccer trophies every Tuesday afternoon. Can you blame me? Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue looking at old yearbooks.

Hey some people can't cut the cord. But since LonghornBronc can't distinquish I will elaborate. Online Polls are lame and gay that doesn't make you less of a fan like he thinks. Its just a little trash talk is all.

ZONA
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

snoar, yawn, zzzzzzzz, snoar,

zzzzzzzzzzzzz, yawn

snoar, snoar

zzzzzzzzzzz

HEAV
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/TheBigA/gary_unmarried.jpg

I voted for Jay Mohr!

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey some people can't cut the cord. But since LonghornBronc can't distinquish I will elaborate. Online Polls are lame and gay that doesn't make you less of a fan like he thinks. Its just a little trash talk is all.

Sure, I know. However, I am in Jay's corner on this situation.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Thats fine and you have every right to be in his corner. I think they are both wrong. So I say sacrifice Scheffler to the Football Gods so they can hug and make up.

Seriously that wasn't a personal attack just an observation.

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM

Jay has been a little prick about this, but what would you do if your boss was looking for your replacement???

I'm sure when you were ready to walk people wouldn't accuse you of "abandoning" your co-workers.

socalorado
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Sure, I know. However, I am in Jay's corner on this situation.

http://s5.tinypic.com/erwxo9.jpg (http://s5.tinypic.com/erwxo9.jpg)

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Jay has been a little prick about this, but what would you do if your boss was looking for your replacement???

I'm sure when you were ready to walk people wouldn't accuse you of "abandoning" your co-workers.

I would go out and bust my ass and show him he was wrong. But thats how I am. When people tell me I can't do something I prove them wrong. I actually thrive on that stuff.

Plus I think he wanted to be traded when Bates wasn't retained. He is using this as a spring board. Yeah McD is a dumb ass for entertaining Cassell but Cutler also has to know at the end of the day they didn't make the trade so Cutler obviously is worth it to them. Trust me NE would have taken the Tampa/Denver trade in a heartbeat.

SportinOne
03-16-2009, 08:27 PM
There isn't much that is gayer than an online petition.

Here's one thing (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6509) that is.

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Seriously that wasn't a personal attack just an observation.

No hard feelings, it's not like we're :deadhorse

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Dang it!! That was gay too huh?

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Yeah bro that was gay. But funny that you caught it.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Here's one thing (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6509) that is.

Oh good one, ::)

You could at least come up with something better than a profile. But then again that would take thought.

SportinOne
03-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah and you decide to put a comment in your sig sent to a guy who has a terminal illness. **** you, hypocrite. All I said was an internet poll is gay. But you are classless. Would rather be called out for making fun of an online poll.

Honestly, i don't even read the threads that are stickied up there, so i can't blame him for having that there if he did not know about it. I come here to talk football, that's it.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Honestly, i don't even read the threads that are stickied up there, so i can't blame him for having that there if he did not know about it. I come here to talk football, that's it.

It wasn't stickied for a long while. My point is I was trash talking with a guy. He said I am slamming a fellow Bronco. But Crazy left a message to all of us apologizing for trolling and explaining his situation. He is a part of this community even if he is grating sometimes. Its just hypocritcal to call me out for giving a guy **** when he has that in his sig.

Again it was harmless trash talk. But I also know I have been pretty vocal and many times a dick so I don't blame you for the attack.

HEAV

Ask Jake Plummer how he felt when Shanny drafted Cutler... Same deal, just this time Jay was on the other-side of the tracks.

socalorado

http://s5.tinypic.com/26yh0.jpg (http://s5.tinypic.com/26yh0.jpg)

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
That kids gayness is negated by the fact he is on a private jet.

Blueflame
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I would go out and bust my ass and show him he was wrong. But thats how I am. When people tell me I can't do something I prove them wrong. I actually thrive on that stuff.

Plus I think he wanted to be traded when Bates wasn't retained. He is using this as a spring board. Yeah McD is a dumb ass for entertaining Cassell but Cutler also has to know at the end of the day they didn't make the trade so Cutler obviously is worth it to them. Trust me NE would have taken the Tampa/Denver trade in a heartbeat.

Yeah, players who want to be traded always waste their vacation time by showing up every day at the office ... trying to learn the new offensive scheme of the team they're hoping to leave behind. :P

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Ask Jake Plummer how he felt when Shanny drafted Cutler... Same deal, just this time Jay was on the other-side of the tracks.

I wouldn't compare the two.

When they drafted Cutler they were taking advantage of a rare draft position for Denver. Plummer wasn't exactly all world either.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, players who want to be traded always waste their vacation time by showing up every day at the office ... trying to learn the new offensive scheme of the team they're hoping to leave behind. :P

Well we are talking about a player who is quoted saying he expected to show up Saturday and laugh about it. Meanwhile he put his primary residence on the market 2 days earlier. Nothing makes sense with him! :~ohyah!:

But I get your point too!

Blueflame
03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Well we are talking about a player who is quoted saying he expected to show up Saturday and laugh about it. Meanwhile he put his primary residence on the market 2 days earlier. Nothing makes sense with him! :~ohyah!:

But I get your point too!

I tend to agree with TJ that if McD had been candid with Jay about the inquiries/thoughts of a Cassel trade, all of this might have been avoided. "Cause Jay was OK with McD until he wasn't "in the loop" when it was his future being discussed. And he'd already acted in good faith by coming in and doing everything he could to ease the transition to (for) the new coaching staff.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
I tend to agree with TJ that if McD had been candid with Jay about the inquiries/thoughts of a Cassel trade, all of this might have been avoided. "Cause Jay was OK with McD until he wasn't "in the loop" when it was his future being discussed. And he'd already acted in good faith by coming in and doing everything he could to ease the transition to (for) the new coaching staff.

People are shocked when I say this but I totally agree. McD dropped the ball. But I know, not have heard, but know Cutler would not answer McD or Bowlens phone calls for 2 weeks. Its not Wolf type of knowledge either, aka made up.

lex
03-16-2009, 08:57 PM

The coach is making it impossible because he's more interested in tearing down a team needlessly.

Blueflame
03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
People are shocked when I say this but I totally agree. McD dropped the ball. But I know, not have heard, but know Cutler would not answer McD or Bowlens phone calls for 2 weeks. Its not Wolf type of knowledge either, aka made up.

And I agree with you that Cutler could have handled things better. But I can also see how he'd be outraged that his efforts to come in when he didn't have to...in the effort to make things easier for everyone involved... weren't appreciated any more than that. What we have here is a basic lack of communication that has caused what should have been nothing to escalate into a major feud that threatens the entire Broncos organization. As many have already observed, no one involved is coming out of this thing unscathed... and that includes the fanbase.

HEAV
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't compare the two.

When they drafted Cutler they were taking advantage of a rare draft position for Denver. Plummer wasn't exactly all world either.

Most wins since Elway.
Three straight years of playoff's.
One game away from the Super bowl.

Not to mention his and Jay's stats are scary close!

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
You are right but Cutler should at least have the respect to answer the owners calls. He didn't, that tells me a lot about his current maturity level.

~Crash~
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM

I give the guy is like a ****ing yapping dog he runs from post to post thead to thead pissing on the floor I have had enough of him join me putting the nut job on Iggy. I don't need him to tell how to think **** him !

Blueflame
03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
You are right but Cutler should at least have the respect to answer the owners calls. He didn't, that tells me a lot about his current maturity level.

Again, I'm not disagreeing that Jay could have handled this better. The point I see is that it was McD's action (trying to trade him/failing to make him aware of this fact) that caused Jay's reaction... tell me you wouldn't be angry if you'd gone so far out of your way to help your new boss and then found out he was secretly trying to replace you with someone else that you felt was not as good at the job as you... and that all your efforts were tossed aside as worthless. A lot of people might just figuratively outstretch a middle finger, too.

Crushisback
03-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Most wins since Elway.
Three straight years of playoff's.
One game away from the Super bowl.

Not to mention his and Jay's stats are scary close!

Offensive QB: Jake Plummer Defensive QB: Al Wilson

Offensive QB: Jay Cutler Defensive QB: Nat Webster

HEAV
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Again, I'm not disagreeing that Jay could have handled this better. The point I see is that it was McD's action (trying to trade him/failing to make him aware of this fact) that caused Jay's reaction... tell me you wouldn't be angry if you'd gone so far out of your way to help your new boss and then found out he was secretly trying to replace you with someone else that you felt was not as good at the job as you... and that all your efforts were tossed aside as worthless. A lot of people might just figuratively outstretch a middle finger, too.

But again we (the fans) have zero proof that the trade ofer was from Denver to NE or the third party team.

So trying to base an opinion on McDaniels,with the info we have is just speculation.

I understand people want to fry McDaniels for being the replacemant to Shanny. I get that, but in this case al lwe have to go off is two camps telling different stories.

It's just Jay and or his agent just continue to push the issue and will not accept the story coming from the BRONCOS. Pat Bowlen, Xanders and McDaniels have all said that the deall cam to them and even reports from NE state that the deals where offered by other teams to Denver and the Pats.

Too many people wanna hang McDaniels off of info, being feed to us, from a immature young man and his agent looking for a new deal.

Bowlen has said Jay has been missing his calls. Jay has spent most the offseason in Nashville.

The minute Shanny was fired we saw/heard and read the emotional reaction from Jay. The we heard the comments about him wanting informed of the process of a new coach and his demands (or what seemed like demands) that Bates stay.

Again some people are putting one player above the team. Is that player good? Yes

But what has that given this franchise the last 3.5 years?

Right now it's about the team as a whole. Not making one guy happy and getting his way and underminding the Head coach.

I've said it many times over the last few weeks. Jay should take on the challenge of proving coach and other wrong. He goes to camp learns the offense and proves he is the leader a puts up great numbers in 2009...well he basically puts more pressure on the front office to give him a new deal and sets his stock for a potential free agent chance in two years.

As a commodity Jay is doing more damage to himself by playing this head game, demading trades and jabbing to the media.

All Jay has shown is he feel he is bigger than the team and will only show up to meet contract stipulations.

SoCalBronco
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
But again we (the fans) have zero proof that the trade ofer was from Denver to NE or the third party team.

McDaniels has now confessed that he tried to trade Cutler, not merely that they were simply listening to others as they continually represented earlier.

He's admitted it, its over. He's a liar and thats written in stone now. It's not one source vs. another. He admitted it.

McDaniels did pursue a deal with New England on the first day of free agency, but not intensely, he said, because he and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders were in the middle of doing six free-agent negotiations in the opening two days of free-agency. "I think we were too late to the dance,'' he said, meaning the Chiefs had already made the deal with New England -- a second-round pick for Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel. Denver would have given more, likely a first-round pick, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick had his deal done with the Chiefs.

Kaylore
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Just an FYI there are two other petitions for this already... a 3rd is simply a waist.
Indeed. Two internet petitions are very useful and will do a lot of good, but three is just too many. ROFL!

Blueflame
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM

His own words damn him, HEAV. If he characterizes it as "too late to the dance", that clearly means he didn't intend to sit on the sidelines as a wallflower; he meant to dance, but was just too late. One doesn't express regrets of lateness over a trade offer one had already rejected.

So trying to base an opinion on McDaniels,with the info we have is just speculation.

I understand people want to fry McDaniels for being the replacemant to Shanny. I get that, but in this case al lwe have to go off is two camps telling different stories.

Let's keep the topic on track and not derail it into Shanahan... he has nothing whatsoever to do with concerns that McD isn't up to the job and responsibilities he's taken on.

It's just Jay and or his agent just continue to push the issue and will not accept the story coming from the BRONCOS. Pat Bowlen, Xanders and McDaniels have all said that the deall cam to them and even reports from NE state that the deals where offered by other teams to Denver and the Pats.

Why should Jay meekly accept the Broncos' story when he already feels they weren't candid with him earlier? If trust has been torpedoed, then it can't easily be regained and has to be earned. McD hasn't even tried to earn Jay's trust; he's played hardball. Or tried to.

Too many people wanna hang McDaniels off of info, being feed to us, from a immature young man and his agent looking for a new deal.

My issue isn't Cutler's immaturity; it's McD's. And his inexperience.

Bowlen has said Jay has been missing his calls. Jay has spent most the offseason in Nashville.
Except for the time he was making a good-faith attempt to get to know the new boss and familiarize himself with McD's offensive system, right?

The minute Shanny was fired we saw/heard and read the emotional reaction from Jay. The we heard the comments about him wanting informed of the process of a new coach and his demands (or what seemed like demands) that Bates stay.
More irrelevant stuff...

Again some people are putting one player above the team. Is that player good? Yes

Keeping that player is in the best interests of the team. He wouldn't be easy to replace. Too bad McD didn't recognize that fact a few weeks ago.

But what has that given this franchise the last 3.5 years?

Right now it's about the team as a whole. Not making one guy happy and getting his way and underminding the Head coach.

Then the coach should have handled things differently and refrained from starting a power play, yes?

I've said it many times over the last few weeks. Jay should take on the challenge of proving coach and other wrong. He goes to camp learns the offense and proves he is the leader a puts up great numbers in 2009...well he basically puts more pressure on the front office to give him a new deal and sets his stock for a potential free agent chance in two years.

As a commodity Jay is doing more damage to himself by playing this head game, demading trades and jabbing to the media.

All Jay has shown is he feel he is bigger than the team and will only show up to meet contract stipulations.

Yes, Jay could have handled this situation better. But he wasn't the one who put the ball in motion. While he could put an end to the chaos, he's not the only person with the power to do so. McD could... or Bowlen could. None of them are. Plenty of blame to go around if one wants to sit back and point fingers.

HEAV
03-16-2009, 10:20 PM
McDaniels has now confessed that he tried to trade Cutler, not merely that they were simply listening to others as they continually represented earlier.

He's admitted it, its over. He's a liar and thats written in stone now. It's not one source vs. another. He admitted it.

McDaniels did pursue a deal with New England on the first day of free agency, but not intensely, he said, because he and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders were in the middle of doing six free-agent negotiations in the opening two days of free-agency. "I think we were too late to the dance,'' he said, meaning the Chiefs had already made the deal with New England -- a second-round pick for Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel. Denver would have given more, likely a first-round pick, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick had his deal done with the Chiefs.

SoCal your head is so screwed up anymore it's sad.

Post the entire story, not just the parts you want to read or be seen.
----------
McDaniels said he was not considering trading Cutler until he was contacted "by two teams'' at the Scouting Combine -- presumably Detroit and Tampa. They were pie-in-the-sky inquiries, though, and he didn't consider anything seriously, he said, until the day before the Feb. 27 beginning of free-agency, when he got a serious proposal for Cutler.

"This was a non-issue until Thursday [Feb. 26],'' McDaniels said. "There was obviously a scenario where teams figured we'd be interested in Matt Cassel, because I'd coached him in New England. When someone calls, I'm going to consider it, because that's my job.''

Cutler believes the Broncos were much more interested in trading him and signing Cassel than they've said. I asked McDaniels if he'd been interested in Cassel before the contact by the two teams at the combine, going back to when he knew Cassel might be on the market and available in trade from the Patriots. "No, that's totally untrue,'' he said.

"Do I understand about Jay being hurt that we'd consider this?'' McDaniels said. "Sure. But I can tell you that it wasn't like there was any grand plan by us to trade Jay Cutler. That wasn't the case. But when we've told them [Cutler and Cook], I think it's fallen on deaf ears.''

HEAV
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Let's just face it. People have already drawn lines in the sand and are standing on the side they want. No matter of debate, links, words, fact, non-facts are going to stop the Jay supporters or the supporters.

Question is are you going to watch, root and support the team in 2009?
Or will you sit and hope it fails?
If the team wins and has success without Jay will you be ok with that?

Blueflame
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Let's just face it. People have already drawn lines in the sand and are standing on the side they want. No matter of debate, links, words, fact, non-facts are going to stop the Jay supporters or the supporters.

Question is are you going to watch, root and support the team in 2009?
Or will you sit and hope it fails?
If the team wins and has success without Jay will you be ok with that?

Does anyone express regret over being "too late" to make a deal one has already rejected?

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 12:30 AM
I give the guy is like a ****ing yapping dog he runs from post to post thead to thead pissing on the floor I have had enough of him join me putting the nut job on Iggy. I don't need him to tell how to think **** him !

Then why are you following me around in threads commenting about me. Put me on ignore already. Its not that hard.

OBF1
03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
In my drunken stooper I have made this.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keepjaycutler

Feel free to support.

I am glad your worthless opinion/petition will fall on deft ears.

Blueflame
03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
I am glad your worthless opinion/petition will fall on deft ears.

"Deft" ears? ??? Ha! :P ;D

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 05:37 AM
"Deft" ears? ??? Ha! :P ;D

LOL my ears are quite agile

broncofan
03-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Jay is definitely the better QB.