PDA

View Full Version : NFL.COM - Cutler isn't the only loser in Broncos blame game...

orangemonkey
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Nice take from NFL.com. Video and article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f49d80&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

DrFate
03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Your link is no good, my friend. But I'll instead link to a GREAT article by Solomon Wilcots - click the link for the whole article

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/16/the-riff-between-denver-cutler-didnt-have-to-happen/

The riff between Denver, Cutler didn’t have to happen

"Coach Josh McDaniels created a problem in an area where there wasn’t a problem. You have a coach who came in — for some reason — looked at the Broncos roster and decided that the quarterback was the first thing that needed to be fixed. A quarterback who threw 45 touchdown passes over the last two seasons. A quarterback who has evolved and improved his play each season and become a franchise quarterback. A quarterback who made the first of many Pro Bowls."

orangemonkey
03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry try this one. Great article and discussion.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f49d80&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

ludo21
03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
"Coach Josh McDaniels created a problem in an area where there wasn’t a problem. You have a coach who came in — for some reason — looked at the Broncos roster and decided that the quarterback was the first thing that needed to be fixed. A quarterback who threw 45 touchdown passes over the last two seasons. A quarterback who has evolved and improved his play each season and become a franchise quarterback. A quarterback who made the first of many Pro Bowls."

This makes too much sense.

oubronco
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Your link is no good, my friend. But I'll instead link to a GREAT article by Solomon Wilcots - click the link for the whole article

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/16/the-riff-between-denver-cutler-didnt-have-to-happen/

The riff between Denver, Cutler didn’t have to happen

Exactly

garandman
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I have always like Solly, and he is absolutley right, which is why this is so freaking frustrating. Even the anti-bronco Rod Woodson mirrored his comments which is telling in itself.

It was a mistake firing the Goodmans and putting that putz Xanders in as GM, he is a McD yes man at this point.

Bowlen is such a moron, "I am here everyday, I run the show"

Well what a bunch of crap

telluride
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Not so sure about the evolved and improved....

DrFate
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
That is a pretty good article, orangemonkey.

orangemonkey
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
I just read in another thread (Klis reported) that the Cassel/Cutler trade fiasco didn't bubble up to Bowlen until after it was done. Does anyone have any evidence of this? Also Xanders is 37. Wow! Our GM is 37, our coach is 32 and our QB is 25. Bunch of kids...

RaiderH8r
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM

This makes too much sense.

I've been saying the same thing until I could puke coat hangers and all I get is that Cutler should roll over and be a team guy for a team and FO that have clearly demonstrated that it is more important for McDiaperboy to get his binky and pacifier, Cassell, than to have the good sense to keep a solid O together, address the D, and make a run at the playoffs.

I hate McDaniels for what he's done to my beloved Broncos. I hate Bowlen for not having the testicular fortitude to get this set straight and paddle that little punk's ass (McD). I'd hate Xanders except as far as I can tell all he does is bury his nose up McD's ass.

Control my ass Bowlen, the wheels are off the cart.