PDA

View Full Version : Bus Cook in Buffalo: Trade Speculation [Scheffler/Cutler]

Requiem
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
BUS COOK’S BUFFALO TRIP RAISES EYEBROWS (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/bus-cooks-buffalo-trip-raises-eyebrows/)
Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 8:31 p.m. EDT

Former Bills offensive lineman Ruben Brown disclosed during his WECK radio show on Monday that agent Bus Cook was in Buffalo.

Apparently, former Bills receiver Eric Moulds, who was represented by Cook during his playing career, mentioned to Brown that Cook was in town.

According to NFLPA records, Cook represents no players currently under contract with the Bills. Thus, speculations is centering on a possible trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler or tight end Tony Scheffler, both of whom are Cook clients.

Our buddy Brad Riter of WECK thinks that Scheffler is the more likely trade target.

But, hey, it’s more fun to ponder the possibility of a new quarterback heading to town.

Cool beans.

broncosteven
03-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Cutler and TO would make a perfect fit.

Sounds like Buffalo wants to win!

montrose
03-16-2009, 06:28 PM
I'd **** myself if we could get #42 for Scheffler.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Cutler and TO would make a perfect fit.

Sounds like Buffalo wants to win!

My first thought - I wonder if both their egos could fit in the stadium.

Requiem
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I would too Montrose, but I think #75 would be more likely -- and I think that would even be high. Remember, they lost Royal to the Browns. Not sure who else they have, but I could see a deal happening in this regard.

Requiem
03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Just looked at their roster. Royal went to the Browns, and they have three losers on their roster. Two were rookies last year who did jack ****. I hear they have been interested in Pettigrew, but taking him at #11 would suck. I could see them trading perhaps their #75 for Scheffler, for obvious reasons.

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
This would be sooooooooo against the collective bargaining agreement it wouldn't even be funny. Under no circumstances does this duchebag have the right to shop either of his guys.

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
bad news, we suck if cutler leaves, good news is we might get Stanford grad and los gatos high school wildcat, Trent Edwards! ok, you guys don't care but here in the south bay area we think it's NEAT-O!

WABronco
03-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Pretty sure he does if given permission by the team.

broncolife
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
This would be sooooooooo against the collective bargaining agreement it wouldn't even be funny. Under no circumstances does this duchebag have the right to shop either of his guys.

I thought Scheffler was on the trading block.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 06:43 PM

He would have to have permission from the Broncos

Tombstone RJ
03-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Cutler and Scheff for Edwards and Lynch?

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Cutler and Scheff for Edwards and Lynch?

And two firsts...

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Want to freak out more?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=137873

This was posted TWO DAYS AGO.

Before Bus Cook was in Buffalo.

broncofan7
03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
And two firsts...

LOL! Marshawn is a BEAST. How about Whitner and Lynch. AND 2 1st rounders:)

broncofan7
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Want to freak out more?

that is a little disconcerting...I wonder who we'd want from BUF?

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM

Makes sense that the next thing McTard would go for is another "familiar" QB in someone who was the QB on a team he faced twice a year back at New England.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
No way do they trade Cutler to Buffalo. They don't have a QB that is even serviceable. This has to be Scheffler if its a Bronco.

spdirty
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Want to freak out more?

:militia: :bandwagon :charge: :lombardi:

ZONA
03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd **** myself if we could get #42 for Scheffler.

that aint gonna happen. We'll be lucky to get a 4th for Scheffler.

Tombstone RJ
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM

Exactly. If McD does not want picks, and Cook is in Buff looking for a trade, what does Buff give up?

Trent Edwards is a decent QB. He had a decent year last year and he fits McD's prototype (6'5" 235lbs, 3rd year player). Getting Edwards and having Simms is a good 1-2 rotation at QB.

Throw in Marshawn Lynch or a stud on defense and a conditional pick or two, why not?

Tombstone RJ
03-16-2009, 07:02 PM
No way do they trade Cutler to Buffalo. They don't have a QB that is even serviceable. This has to be Scheffler if its a Bronco.

Not really true. Edwards ain't bad.

ZONA
03-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Makes sense that the next thing McTard would go for is another "familiar" QB in someone who was the QB on a team he faced twice a year back at New England.

Honestly, your endless rants about McD are boring.

:deadhorse

plummershelper
03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Think of this too. If Belichek did screw McDaniels over in the Cassell deal, this would be a chance to stick in back to 'Ol Bill. Giving a 25 year old pro bowl QB to a division rival wouldn't make Hoodie Sr. too happy.

elsid13
03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
So we get a QB with decent arm that has knack for getting hurt. great.

elsid13
03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Think of this too. If Belichek did screw McDaniels over in the Cassell deal, this would be a chance to stick in back to 'Ol Bill. Giving a 25 year old pro bowl QB to a division rival wouldn't make Hoodie Sr. too happy.

And this helps Denver how????

arghemtee
03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Trent Edwards blows. Once again we'd go for a QB who lacks leadership and talent.

****ing great.

McDaniels IS a retard.

elsid13
03-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Edwards stats from last year

14 games started
11 TD
10 INT
2,699 Yards
65%
9 Fumbles (5 lost)
23 sacks

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Tampering, wouldn't surprise me either.

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I didn't say he was any good, i said he was a Stanford grad (my alma mater) and a Los gatos high school football player (our arch rivals at my high school)

broncofan2438
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
wow, this could get fun for the next month or two

arghemtee
03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Bus Cook has not received the go ahead for a trade. I thought Cutler or his Agent could not talk to other teams.

It's for Scheffler

Wes Mantooth
03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
bad news, we suck if cutler leaves, good news is we might get Stanford grad and los gatos high school wildcat, Trent Edwards! ok, you guys don't care but here in the south bay area we think it's NEAT-O!

I totally agree! Watching PAC-10 games, I am familiar with the guy. He would totally fit the system too!

eddie mac
03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
We aren't trading Cutler for ****ing Edwards so just relax. This is most likely a Scheffler proposal.

HEAV
03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Trent Edwards blows. Once again we'd go for a QB who lacks leadership and talent.

****ing great.

McDaniels IS a retard.

You should just make this (see text above) your sig-line. It's all you ever ****ing post.

HEAV
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
It would be wild for the Bills to trade Trent. He was lobbying for T.O. and the Bills went out and got him.

Hmmm what ever, just as long as Cutler isn't around to be a virus on the team.

Broncoman13
03-16-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.weck1230.com/brad/031609ruben02.mp3

If McD is stupid enough to trade Jay straight up for Cassel, he'll do it for Edwards as well. Edwards has ability at least... ouch!

btw, I heard (light rail rumor ;D) there were approximately 9000 season ticket holders that were turning in their tickets. That is close to 20% of season ticket holders! Good thing Pat has a long waiting list to pick up the slack!

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL! Marshawn is a BEAST. How about Whitner and Lynch. AND 2 1st rounders:)

You're right, Marshawn Lynch has so much trade value right now it's unbelieveable. I am sure teams are lining up to give good value for a guy who can't stay out of trouble.

Hell, if Brandon Marshall were a saint, I'm sure his value would be a 1st round pick too.

The value for Cutler STARTS at two first round picks. Period. You start there and move up, if the Broncos are smart. They don't have to trade him and ultimately I still don't think they will.

lex
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Honestly, your endless rants about McD are boring.

:deadhorse

So are your run ins with the rag.

SoDak Bronco
03-16-2009, 09:44 PM
It would be wild for the Bills to trade Trent. He was lobbying for T.O. and the Bills went out and got him.

Hmmm what ever, just as long as Cutler isn't around to be a virus on the team.

you sir are an idiot

atomicbloke
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Just send Cutler and Scheffler to the Cardinals for Leinart and Boldin.

Dedhed
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
If McD is stupid enough to trade Jay straight up for Cassel, he'll do it for Edwards as well. Edwards has ability at least... ouch!

Are you really dumb enough to try to pawn off the idea that Cutler for Cassel was going to be a straight up deal. Show 1 source that even suggested that.

BroncoInferno
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Edwards stats from last year

14 games started
11 TD
10 INT
2,699 Yards
65%
9 Fumbles (5 lost)
23 sacks

Playing on a team with below average offensive talent. With Denver, he'd have a top notch offensive line and WR corps to work with, plus a QB friendly system. His size and smarts are a good fit for the system. If we have to trade Cutler, he wouldn't be a bad option (of course, I would expect he'd be part of a package that included high draft picks and/or a solid starter).

lex
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM

No way. Leinart has more to prove than Cutler. Boldin is a better WR but we already have Marshall and Royal and the QB position is more important.

lex
03-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Playing on a team with below average offensive talent. With Denver, he'd have a top notch offensive line and WR corps to work with, plus a QB friendly system. His size and smarts are a good fit for the system. If we have to trade Cutler, he wouldn't be a bad option (of course, I would expect he'd be part of a package that included high draft picks and/or a solid starter).

Yeah, because Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and Hardy all suck. Because we have had anything better than Marshawn Lynch.

arghemtee
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM

Why would we trade for a backup Quarterback? Ha!

Orange Mane does not think sometimes.

Dudeskey
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM

**** no!

BroncosinDC
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
According to Bus Cook's Website we can narrow it down to 33 potential clients.

CURRENT NFL-PLAYERS

Jeremy Bridges - Carolina Panthers
Jake Allen - Green Bay Packers
Earl Bennett - Chicago Bears
Nathan Bennett - Baltimore Ravens
Simeon Castille - Cincinnati Bengals
Jonathan Goff - New York Giants
Ali Highsmith - Arizona Cardinals
Edwin Harrison - Kansas City Chiefs
Eldra Buckley - San Diego Chargers
Antoine Cash - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kevis Coley - Houston Texans
Quinton Culberson - St. Louis Rams
Jay Cutler - Denver Broncos
Jake Allen - Green Bay Packers
Brett Favre - New York Jets
Parys Haralson - San Francisco 49ers
Jason Hatcher - Dallas Cowboys
Antonio Johnson - Tennessee Titans
Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions
Marcedes Lewis - Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Lucas - Carolina Panthers
Steve McNair - Baltimore Ravens "Retired"
Martrez Milner - New York Giants
Marvin Mitchell - New Orleans Saints
Randy Moss - New England Patriots
Jerious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons
Tony Scheffler - Denver Broncos
Fred Smoot - Minnesota Vikings
David Stewart - Tennessee Titans
Adalius Thomas - New England Patriots
Michael Turner - Atlanta Falcons
John Wade - Oakland Raiders
Chris White - Houston Texans
Nothing says it has to be one of the 2 Broncos on the list...if I cared enough to figure out who was a FA, and who was "being shopped" we could further narrow down the list. However since I am not a sports writer, and thus will not be paid for that I wont. In addition to being tired of speculation I'm just waiting for news sources to post facts. I'm over trying to figure out any of this, nothing I can do but sit back and watch the saga unfold.

No wait this is much more fun...He represents Calvin Johnson too. 3 way trade Cutler to Buffalo, Buffalo gives up TO and Edwards, Denver gets Calvin Johnson and a first rounder. I heard it from my dog his name is Elway and he knows Dove valley.

BroncoInferno
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, because Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and Hardy all suck. Because we have had anything better than Marshawn Lynch.

Evans is solid, Parrish has never had more than 35 catches or 2 TDs in a season (offensively) and had only 24 the past year, and Lynch is pretty good but not a world beater by any means. Our skill players as a whole are a level or two above theirs. Most importantly, Buffalo has a below average OL, whereas ours is one of the best in league (pass blocking wise, at least).

I'm not trying to say Edwards is an elite QB or anything, I'm just saying he's one of those guys who can be a productive player in the right situation, and Denver would be an excellent situation for any QB.

lex
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Evans is solid, Parrish has never had more than 35 catches or 2 TDs in a season (offensively) and had only 24 the past year, and Lynch is pretty good but not a world beater by any means. Our skill players as a whole are a level or two above theirs. Most importantly, Buffalo has a below average OL, whereas ours is one of the best in league (pass blocking wise, at least).

I'm not trying to say Edwards is an elite QB or anything, I'm just saying he's one of those guys who can be a productive player in the right situation, and Denver would be an excellent situation for any QB.

Didnt Jason Peters make the pro bowl?

arghemtee
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM

Jason Peters did a horrible job at blocking. He didn't deserve to go to the probowl. I can't remember the website that shows OL stats and how many sacks they allowed, but i remember it being pretty high for a "Pro Bowl" LT.

broncocalijohn
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM

what does this have to do with the post you responded to? Jason Peters was a total joke last year to make the pro bowl. He got in based on a front office push to get votes for all positions of the team.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Exactly. If McD does not want picks, and Cook is in Buff looking for a trade, what does Buff give up?

Trent Edwards is a decent QB. He had a decent year last year and he fits McD's prototype (6'5" 235lbs, 3rd year player). Getting Edwards and having Simms is a good 1-2 rotation at QB.

Throw in Marshawn Lynch or a stud on defense and a conditional pick or two, why not?

I really think you misunderstood what McDaniels meant when he said he didnt want picks. I think he was implying he didnt want to trade Jay, not he only wanted veterans. And a cutler for Marshawn Lynch swap would be retarded.

fdf
03-16-2009, 11:16 PM
My first thought - I wonder if both their egos could fit in the stadium.

Just hope he goes somewhere with a bad offensive line in rebuilding mode. And that has Oprah winfrey on staff to help him get his feelings out about how he is getting smacked around on every play.

At this point, if the price is right, I'd support a trade anywhere (outside the AFCW) as long as there were really high draft picks associated with it (this is a pro bowl QB with three years left on his rookie contract) and he's worth a lot. This is not an 'end of the contract" trade where the new team has to immediately pick up a gigazillion dollar hit as part of the deal.