PDA

View Full Version : Should Shannon Sharpe have made it into the HOF?

lex
03-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Just wanted to get back to something less divisive...at least one would think so.

orangenblue
03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
has it been 5 years yet?

kupesdad
03-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to get back to something less divisive...at least one would think so.

He changed the position...And I'm not a shannon sharpe fan

look at that...it only took me 2 years to break the 200 post mark

Rohirrim
03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh boy. A whole new thing for me to get pissed about. Shannon revolutionized the position. If he played in NY they would have held a parade all the way to Canton for him.

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
what a stupid fuhking question....thats like the the 3 a-holes whom didn't vote for Ricky Henderson....give me a reason why not?

Ramathorn
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
without a doubt, YES. A huge snub by the voters.

CoopDawg
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Not even a question, set multiple NFL records for the TE position and won three super bowl rings. He is the definition of a Hall of Famer.

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 06:59 PM
We are all blowing our own horns, is there anyone that can make an argument as to why he SHOULDN'T be in the HOF? Of course, I said the same thing about steve Atwater too and I'm still waiting....

Shoemaker
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
This is a brilliant strategy. There's been a lot of pent-up (or not so pent-up) anger built up in Broncos fans for the past few weeks. Instead of directing it all at the same issue, give us something every Broncos fan can agree upon and get ticked off about and channel our rage towards that. We'll intimidate the Hall into including him!

And my opinion on this matter is plain and simple: the Hall of Fame is a joke and until they pick a set of standards and stick to them they will always be a joke.

I mean, part of the reason that Gradishar and Little aren't in the Hall is because they never won the big game. Which is a stupid argument, but it would at least be consistent if they stuck to it.

However, when Shannon Sharpe comes along, its argued that the teams he was on were too good, and that's why he won three Superbowls. Awesome reversal there.

Not to mention that some Hall judges actually based their vote on considering him a wide receiver. Which completely ignores the fact that Sharpe was the one who made the position into the receiving threat it is today.

So if retiring with three super bowl rings, every meaningful record at one's position, and the distinction of having revolutionized that same position over the course of your career isn't an impressive enough resume to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer, the Hall either needs to lower its standards or admit that it has a ridiculous anti-Broncos bias.

Forget the Hall. The only distinction that matters anymore is our own Ring of Fame.

Bronx33
03-16-2009, 07:08 PM
**** The Hall! ( It's Dead To Me)

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
We are all blowing our own horns, is there anyone that can make an argument as to why he SHOULDN'T be in the HOF? Of course, I said the same thing about steve Atwater too and I'm still waiting....

had Atwater player his entire career with the Jets he would have been 1st ballot

broncosteven
03-16-2009, 07:30 PM
I'll take care of it!

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll take care of it!

:rofl: Stop IM trying to be mad here!

DHallblows
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm just gonna assume Cochise is a ****ing tool and won't post as to why he voted no? An idiotic Chief fan perhaps?

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm just gonna assume Cochise is a ****ing tool and won't post as to why he voted no? An idiotic Chief fan perhaps?

Just being a doof, if he could make an argument for it, even if it was stupid, he would have made it.