PDA

View Full Version : Source: Cook Wants New Contract For Cutler

TonyR
03-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 11:34 a.m. EDT
With none of the top quarterbacks in the draft pool picking him to be their agent, Bus Cook had to find a way to get his name into the NFL conversation in the weeks leading up to the 2009 version of the rookie selection process.

What better way to do it than to demonstrate his power and influence to the quarterback class of 2010 by forcing a trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler?

Dan Patrick said on the Monday edition of his show that Cook recently responded to a report from Peter King that Cutler had asked for a trade before the possibility of trading Cutler ever arose with the time-honored non-denial denial: “Not that I know of.”

We’re now convinced that Cook is the primary instigator of Cutler’s discontent — and also the primary impediment to a meaningful coach-player meeting that could resolve the situation and keep Cutler around.

King told Patrick on Monday that coach Josh McDaniels still wants to have a one-on-one meeting with Cutler.

In other words, McDaniels wants to be able to talk to Cutler without Cook sticking his nose into the discussion, saying and doing things that will prevent Cutler’s currently stubborn resolve from weakening.

Indeed, a league source tells us that Cook’s idea for solving the current impasse was — what else? — a fat new contract for Cutler. If the Broncos aren’t willing to give Cutler a new deal, then Cook and Cutler want to be traded.

Cook is a West Virginia native, so we’d ordinarily be inclined to give him the Pat White treatment. In this case, we can’t. Cook has been at the center of too many unnecessary controversies, and he has failed to use his tremendous influence over his clients to persuade them to find a way to make things work. Instead, Cook has thrived of late on destroying existing relationships, for no apparent strategic reason other than to get his name in the paper.

That said, it’s not too late for the Broncos to take control of the situation. As pointed out in our latest SportingNews.com item, the Bengals did it last year with Chad Johnson, and the Cardinals did it last year (and might do it again this year) with Anquan Boldin. When a player is under contract for three more seasons, the team (not the player) has the power to determine whether the player will be traded or released before those three years expire.

Sorry, SoCal, had to post it. Some good points here.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/source-cook-wants-new-contract-for-cutler/

Archer81
03-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Oh what a shocking, mind numbing surprise...

:Broncos:

Meck77
03-16-2009, 08:52 AM
No...no..no...Cutler wants a hug not more money.

Memento
Ta-da!

Rohirrim
Instead, Cook has thrived of late on destroying existing relationships, for no apparent strategic reason other than to get his name in the paper.

:pity:

bronco militia
03-16-2009, 08:54 AM
just a reminder, but Bus Cook works for Jay Cutler

El Guapo
03-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Insane in the membrane.

Kaylore
No no! It's all an issue of trust. And everytime McDaniels talks to him Cutler gets mad! don't you realize that Cutler can't help getting mad around mcDaniels??!?!? It's like he just oozes evil. He probably has diablo's soul gem shoved into his cranium. That's why he's wearing the hoodie all the time!

socalorado
Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 11:34 a.m. EDT
With none of the top quarterbacks in the draft pool picking him to be their agent, Bus Cook had to find a way to get his name into the NFL conversation in the weeks leading up to the 2009 version of the rookie selection process.

What better way to do it than to demonstrate his power and influence to the quarterback class of 2010 by forcing a trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler?

Dan Patrick said on the Monday edition of his show that Cook recently responded to a report from Peter King that Cutler had asked for a trade before the possibility of trading Cutler ever arose with the time-honored non-denial denial: “Not that I know of.”

We’re now convinced that Cook is the primary instigator of Cutler’s discontent — and also the primary impediment to a meaningful coach-player meeting that could resolve the situation and keep Cutler around.

King told Patrick on Monday that coach Josh McDaniels still wants to have a one-on-one meeting with Cutler.

In other words, McDaniels wants to be able to talk to Cutler without Cook sticking his nose into the discussion, saying and doing things that will prevent Cutler’s currently stubborn resolve from weakening.

Indeed, a league source tells us that Cook’s idea for solving the current impasse was — what else? — a fat new contract for Cutler. If the Broncos aren’t willing to give Cutler a new deal, then Cook and Cutler want to be traded.

Cook is a West Virginia native, so we’d ordinarily be inclined to give him the Pat White treatment. In this case, we can’t. Cook has been at the center of too many unnecessary controversies, and he has failed to use his tremendous influence over his clients to persuade them to find a way to make things work. Instead, Cook has thrived of late on destroying existing relationships, for no apparent strategic reason other than to get his name in the paper.

That said, it’s not too late for the Broncos to take control of the situation. As pointed out in our latest SportingNews.com item, the Bengals did it last year with Chad Johnson, and the Cardinals did it last year (and might do it again this year) with Anquan Boldin. When a player is under contract for three more seasons, the team (not the player) has the power to determine whether the player will be traded or released before those three years expire.

Sorry, SoCal, had to post it. Some good points here.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/source-cook-wants-new-contract-for-cutler/

No it fits right in with what many of us are realizing. That this is a con job by Cook. Florio can still suck it though! HA!

colonelbeef
03-16-2009, 08:56 AM
He isn't helping.

On the other hand, Brett Favre was a Packer for a long time, so he must be at least workable.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 08:56 AM
In other news, the sky is blue.

Arkansas Bronco
03-16-2009, 08:57 AM
I never seen it coming!!!

Smiling Assassin27
for a straight shooter, cutler sure does seem to let cook do an awful lot of his talking for him.

Bus and Jay:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:rh04S-tGnxDjAM:http://a.getbackimages.com/uri/w514_h676_cfalse/-p-mash-larry-linville-and-loretta-swit-1972-1983-p-/image/4/0/5/5/4055089.jpg

cutthemdown
I said this about 4-5 days ago. It's obvious this is just a ploy for a bigger deal and more money.

I say call the bluff. If Cutler wants to sit the whole yr then let him, otherwise he plays for Broncos. Ruin your career or play it's his choice.

Do not trade him for anything less then 2 first round picks. If he wants to not report then put him on did not report list and start fining him once him being there is mandatory. Then go after signing bonus even though I guess its hard to get those back nowdays.

Play total hardball with this ****head.

If people can't see how ****ed up it is to try and hold a gun to the Broncos head just because your agent see's the timing as ripe for it then **** you all too.

clint7
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
So the Broncos are being super duper mean and insensitive to poor Cutler AS WELL AS cheap! Poor little fella. Buck up, Tiger!

The sun'll come out...tomorrow...

Meck77
03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh come on people. Jay deserves a pay raise given all of his playoff experience and the fact that he led one of the highest scoring offenses in the league.....oh wait a second did I just describe Jake Plummer? lmfao

Arkansas Bronco
03-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh come on people. Jay deserves a pay raise given all of his playoff experience and the fact that he led one of the highest scoring offenses in the league.....oh wait a second did I just describe Jake Plummer? lmfao

Yea its real funny, with that killer def. he has had.

baja
03-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Don't know why everyone is dissin the thread, I appreciate the thread TonyR, This leans strength to what some of us have believed from the beginning, this is a ploy by Bus Driver to work the new FO to test them and try to make a name for himself by finagling a new deal for Jay. My take; Please do not cave in to this Broncos, come down hard even if you have to sit Jay do it as a matter of principal.

garandman
03-16-2009, 09:09 AM
This is good stuff, this needs to be spread around the web. I really believe this is what is happening, I think MCDaniels is finally getting it too. He is going to have to make some real effort and get Jay back on Board.. This guy Cooke needs to hit the bricks, what a piece of garbage

Arkansas Bronco
03-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Don't know why everyone is dissin the thread, I appreciate the thread TonyR, This leans strength to what some of us have believed from the beginning, this is a ploy by Bus Driver to work the new FO to test them and try to make a name for himself by finagling a new deal for Jay. My take; Please do not cave in to this Broncos, come down hard even if you have to sit Jay do it as a matter of principal.

Oh it is a bitch move by Bus/J-C but saying because he hasnt been to the play offs and dissing him isnt a valid complaint with the way our Def. has played. Talking about Plummer's success totaly went out the window when he filled in for Jay when he went down threw 1 pass for a easy pick, yea I can see he was a total team player.

DomCasual
03-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm all for making the Jay Bus pound sand, at this point.

A week ago, I was entirely in Jay's corner. Now, not so much.

worm
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Florio really should be posting on a discussion board instead of passing himself off as a source of information. He reads the same articles as us and comes to the same conclusion as some.

How is his opinion on this any more or less relevant than any poster here?

Acting like this is anything new or credible that is deserving a thread is ridiculous.

With that said...everything he says may, in fact, be true.

montrose
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I wonder if with all of the negative press, Bowlen is willing to pay (literally) to make it all go away.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Florio really should be posting on a discussion board instead of passing himself off as a source of information. He reads the same articles as us and comes to the same conclusion as some.

How is his opinion on this any more or less relevant than any poster here?

Acting like this is anything new or credible that is deserving a thread is ridiculous.

With that said...everything he says may, in fact, be true.

That probably used to be true but he now has become powerful in this arena. Tons of football people, agents, gms, scouts, players all admit the read his stuff. As that continued he started to meet contacts.

He has way more contacts then you and I and to suggest otherwise is pretty naive. He even had our old GM working for him last yr writing stories.

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
No ****, and this is what it's been about since the begining.

Popps
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Yea, this is really out of left field, eh folks?

::)

Cutlerbus...
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/21/gun.jpg

Denver...
http://www.secondpicture.com/tutorials/3d/modeling_human_head_in_3ds_max.png

telluride
03-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Cutler isn't worth a long term deal. There are far too many question marks about him, and they've only grown more pronounced in recent weeks:

1. His immaturity.
2. His health. (Insane to give a long-term contract to somone with type 1 diabetes.)
3. His lifestyle choices.
4. His failure to lead.
5. (And this is a new one) His asinine, unbearable petulance and whining.

I never would have said this before the events of the last few weeks, but the Broncos will be better of long-term without him.

Rock Chalk
03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
No no! It's all an issue of trust. And everytime McDaniels talks to him Cutler gets mad! don't you realize that Cutler can't help getting mad around mcDaniels??!?!? It's like he just oozes evil. He probably has diablo's soul gem shoved into his cranium. That's why he's wearing the hoodie all the time!

Blizzard rep!

Popps
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM

I trust that Cutlerbus is trying to bend us over and leave us with a limp.

Meck77
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Oh it is a b**** move by Bus/J-C but saying because he hasnt been to the play offs and dissing him isnt a valid complaint with the way our Def. has played. Talking about Plummer's success totaly went out the window when he filled in for Jay when he went down threw 1 pass for a easy pick, yea I can see he was a total team player.

It was a joke dude. Deep breaths...

For the record though I don't think the Cutler deserves a new deal. He got market rate.

broncofan2438
03-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Give the little bitch a new contract and get on with it

Houshyamama
03-16-2009, 10:55 AM

"That is a LIE"

http://content8.flixster.com/skin/profile/10/84/54/10845478_profile_mbox_background.jpg

SureShot
03-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I wonder if with all of the negative press, Bowlen is willing to pay (literally) to make it all go away.

Yes he will it is the only scenario which Bowlen can get what he wants. McD as the coach and Cutler at QB.

Captain 'Dre
03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
What leverage does Bus Cook have? Does Jay Cutler have any division titles, or playoff wins, much less championships? Is bragging that your arm is stronger than Elway's criteria enough to get the huge money?!?

No, I think it just looks better for Cook to pretend that it's about money, because at least that would provide a context for understanding Jay's acting like such a douchebag. ugh!~

AlienBronco
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Bowlen,is responsible. He gave and inexperience driver the keys to his Ferrari, who while test driving it around gave it a dent. So Bowlen, just say sorry,and pay up for the damages.

Fedaykin
03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Personally, I think Cutler has earned a restructured contract (aka a pay raise). As it currently stands, he'll be making far less than the backup QB. However, he hasn't earned anything resembling a "big time" contract -- which I think is what he and Cook are after.

That said, given the tactic he chose to try to get that raise, my opinion is force him to play out his last three years under the current contract, and/or trade his ass to the Lions (assuming we get good value) where his career will wither away (which means he'll never see a big payday more than likely) and he will never even sniff a Lombardi.

Trying to get a raise given his real value = perfectly fair.

Playing games to try to get way more than you deserve = F U

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
There is no way in hell the Broncos can give him a new contract. His best hope for that is a trade. It's as simple as that.

Popps
03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
"That is a LIE"

http://content8.flixster.com/skin/profile/10/84/54/10845478_profile_mbox_background.jpg

Huh?

Cutlerbus never denied that. McDaniels said his disappointment revolved around Cutlerbus not agreeing to meet him man to man, instead, bringing his legal slime in tow.

So, what's not to understand? Both sides confirm this happened.

Again, you folks you are in denial... ask yourself why Bus Cook needed to be there for a coach/player meeting? McDaniels was prepared to go into the meeting without ANY representation from Broncos legal.

This is so transparent, at this point.

Jay Cutler doesn't want to play in Denver without a massive, guaranteed contract before his new staff ever gets to see him work in their system.

This "trade me" nonsense is just a bargaining ploy.

Those of you who believe that Cutlerbus didn't want any money until Josh gave them a mental boo-boo are hysterical.

Cool Breeze
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I believe this is the real reason for this mess.
I say no to renegotiating his contract too.

ZONA
03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Trying to look at this situation while forgetting the past 3 weeks, I would have opted to give Jay an increase but as an amendment to his current deal. I would just have sweetened the performance incentives while telling him he has done good and is being rewarded but once he proves he can make that next step, that's when the giant payday comes.

We won't trade Jay and Jay is not stupid enough to just sit out. I think he would play happily if we upped those performance incentives so that hey would be making top 10QB money this year, instead of less then what a backup makes.

Popps
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I believe this is the real reason for this mess.
I say no to renegotiating his contract too.

Well, see... but it's O.K. for Cutler to be a holdout and not honor his contract since Denver's staff let the "genie" out of the bottle.

That's right, folks... any time someone does something, your response is automatically valid, no matter what it is. If your pizza is cold when it shows up, you have every right to kick the delivery man in the johnson.

That's right. Since Cutllerbus may not have started this, they have every right to put a gun to the organization's head.

Make sense now?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I would be interested to see if a no-trade clause could be added to the current deal to make Cutler stay. If not, then he's after money. If a no-trade clause is added, and that makes him happy, great. We can renegotiate a deal next off season.

And in the meantime, Jay gets to be one of the league's premier passers in the most powerful offense in a generation.

Rabb
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
well which is it Jay, do you not trust McDaniels or do you want more money...I guess money can buy trust?

what a crock

Broncos4tw
03-16-2009, 02:26 PM
What gun? What contract? Do you have the details? A whole lot of speculation over something that just hit the news. Perhaps they are not trying to ream the team, but just guarantee that as soon as another of McD's favorite fantasies becomes available via free agency, he isn't going to instantly dump Cutler.

I am certain that his agent is not helping matters at all, but I think Cutler is also getting a very raw deal here. "Oh.. ok, I guess we'll keep you (because we have no choice).. I really wanted this other guy tho. Contract? Nawwww... you don't need any assurances!"

bombay
03-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm sick of the Cutler/Cook crap. If I'm Bowlen, Cutler plays under his current contract or sits until it expires. Seriously, **** that nancy boy.

Bronx33
03-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Iam guessing jay want's to be payed more than simms.

no-pseudo-fan
03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
My biggest thing is this.

Why doesn't McD just come out and say(with best car salesman voice) say, "What do I have to do to get you into offseason workouts today?"

Seriously. Just come out and say, what is it that you want? Really? We want you here, and that is not going to change. Change parking spots? Free Broncos Merchandise? What is it that you want? We need to stop this now, and go forward.

yavoon
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
No no! It's all an issue of trust. And everytime McDaniels talks to him Cutler gets mad! don't you realize that Cutler can't help getting mad around mcDaniels??!?!? It's like he just oozes evil. He probably has diablo's soul gem shoved into his rectum. That's why he's wearing the hoodie all the time!

fixed it for you.

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
just a reminder, but Bus Cook works for Jay Cutler

Doesn't stop a young kid from getting his head filled with crazy ideas and manipulated.

My sig is a perfect example of what's going on here.

Cook smells blood in the water and now he's going to do whatever he can to get the kill.

Why else with this agent be flying around with Cutler and spending every moment at his side.

If this didn't have to do with Cook trying to get a big commission from a new deal for Cutler, he wouldn't be spending all his time doing this 1 on 1 stuff.

Have a guy like Cook telling you the same **** over and over again and eventually (for many young individuals) you're going to believe it and act according to the agents' desires.

baja
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Wouldn't it be charming if jay got a hair about something Bus offhandedly said and fired his ass. Ha ha ha

Taco John
03-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Take this rumor for what it's worth because there's no way for me to substantiate it right now, but I've just been passed a tip that Bus Cook has been spotted at Buffalo HQ.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I would be interested to see if a no-trade clause could be added to the current deal to make Cutler stay. If not, then he's after money. If a no-trade clause is added, and that makes him happy, great. We can renegotiate a deal next off season.

And in the meantime, Jay gets to be one of the league's premier passers in the most powerful offense in a generation.

Thats a really good idea. Honestly if they haven't tried that it could only be because it's not doable to just add something to a deal. Good point though.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm sick of the Cutler/Cook crap. If I'm Bowlen, Cutler plays under his current contract or sits until it expires. Seriously, **** that nancy boy.

He makes only 1 million this yr so he could do it. Next yr it would cost a 4 million roster bonus and another million. I guess if you were really rich and wanted to screw him over that would still be doable but not really. Then in 3 yrs like a huge roster bonus, i heard maybe like 8-10 million is due. No way any man can pay another man, err I mean child, that much to sit.

Broncos could screw Cutler and make him sit out this yr though.

Taco John
03-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I found a link to a message board discussing it:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=127373

Taco John
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=127332

worm
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Trent Edwards to Denver. Yay!

Rock Chalk
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Take this rumor for what it's worth because there's no way for me to substantiate it right now, but I've just been passed a tip that Bus Cook has been spotted at Buffalo HQ.

That was painful to read. The grammar and structure was worse than Spiders on most of those posts.

Some clown who obviously lies a lot said Ruben Brown confirmed he was in Buffalo but no one believes that dude so why should we?

Rohirrim
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
The 11 and 12 picks back to back makes for some interesting combinations.

Raji/Sanchez
Maualuga/Cushing

watermock
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Culter, nor Cook have EVER demanded a new contract.

They have asked for a trade. After that gets bungled thru, He's another teams QB.

And we have another Jr. on our hands.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Bus Cook does have other clients. Jay is back in Nashville hanging with Cutlerfan, tossing a beer or 12 back pouting. Nothing is going to happen until draft day gets closer.

colonelbeef
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I found a link to a message board discussing it:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=127373

God damnit TJ.

This completely sucks.

Taco John
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
That was painful to read. The grammar and structure was worse than Spiders on most of those posts.

Some clown who obviously lies a lot said Ruben Brown confirmed he was in Buffalo but no one believes that dude so why should we?

I'm not saying anybody needs to believe anything. I'm just passing along a tip I got through the back channels, and I thought I'd see what I could find on it.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm not saying anybody needs to believe anything. I'm just passing along a tip I got through the back channels, and I thought I'd see what I could find on it.

Trent Edwards has some upside still. I like the idea of getting him and Lynch for Cutler and Sheff. That wouldn't be too bad IMO.

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 05:59 PM

For the love of god tell me Wolf wasn't right when he said we were trying to get Trent Edwards and some picks for Cutler.

... and no to that criminal retard Lynch.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
For the love of god tell me Wolf wasn't right when he said we were trying to get Trent Edwards and some picks for Cutler.

... and no to that criminal retard Lynch.

Where did wolf say that, I missed it.

WABronco
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd suspect that Scheffler is the base of any trade talk with Buffalo. They have nothing at the tight end position to speak of, and I'd be greatly surprised if Jauron and Co. would be looking to dump their quarterback so soon.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
What did Lynch do? DUI, kill, sell drugs, rape, pillage, rape? what?

Oh yeah the gun thing in Los Angeles.. Forgot about that for a second. I had to do a quick search.

Meh as long as he didn't shoot anyone I could care less unless it means a suspension.

worm
03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Bus Cook does have other clients. Jay is back in Nashville hanging with Cutlerfan, tossing a beer or 12 back pouting. Nothing is going to happen until draft day gets closer.

Cook's clients.

Jeremy Bridges - Carolina Panthers
Jake Allen - Green Bay Packers
Earl Bennett - Chicago Bears
Nathan Bennett - Baltimore Ravens
Simeon Castille - Cincinnati Bengals
Jonathan Goff - New York Giants
Ali Highsmith - Arizona Cardinals
Edwin Harrison - Kansas City Chiefs
Eldra Buckley - San Diego Chargers
Antoine Cash - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kevis Coley - Houston Texans
Quinton Culberson - St. Louis Rams
Jay Cutler - Denver Broncos
Brett Favre - New York Jets
Parys Haralson - San Francisco 49ers
Jason Hatcher - Dallas Cowboys
Antonio Johnson - Tennessee Titans
Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions
Marcedes Lewis - Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Lucas - Carolina Panthers
Steve McNair - Baltimore Ravens "Retired"
Martrez Milner - New York Giants
Marvin Mitchell - New Orleans Saints
Randy Moss - New England Patriots
Jerious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons
Tony Scheffler - Denver Broncos
Fred Smoot - Minnesota Vikings
David Stewart - Tennessee Titans
Adalius Thomas - New England Patriots
Michael Turner - Atlanta Falcons
John Wade - Oakland Raiders
Chris White - Houston Texans

SJ Bronco
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
you know what I notice about that list? All the actual "names" on that list are labeled malcontents that demanded a trade at one time or another....

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I'd suspect that Scheffler is the base of any trade talk with Buffalo. They have nothing at the tight end position to speak of, and I'd be greatly surprised if Jauron and Co. would be looking to dump their quarterback so soon.

BRRRRRR Buffalo the closet thing NFL has to Canadian Siberia. Have fun in the snow Sheff!!!! Now when you are nursing all your injuries all you need to do is stick something in the snow.

What a bummer to live in NY and be closer to Detroit then NYC.

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Where did wolf say that, I missed it.

He made a post in another thread saying his "sources" said this deal was going to happen.

... and losing Scheffler too will suck. I really wanted him to be converted to a WR.

watermock
03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
And who would Ruben Brown have talked too? How do we know the Broncos didn't give Cook a list saying these are the teams, look for deals and report back to us.... I really don't know what Cook would be doing anyway, It's not like Cutler wants a contract.

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Cook's clients.

Jeremy Bridges - Carolina Panthers
Earl Bennett - Chicago Bears
Nathan Bennett - Baltimore Ravens
Simeon Castille - Cincinnati Bengals
Jonathan Goff - New York Giants
Ali Highsmith - Arizona Cardinals
Edwin Harrison - Kansas City Chiefs
Eldra Buckley - San Diego Chargers
Antoine Cash - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kevis Coley - Houston Texans
Quinton Culberson - St. Louis Rams
Jay Cutler - Denver Broncos
Brett Favre - New York Jets
Parys Haralson - San Francisco 49ers
Jason Hatcher - Dallas Cowboys
Antonio Johnson - Tennessee Titans
Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions
Marcedes Lewis - Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Lucas - Carolina Panthers
Steve McNair - Baltimore Ravens "Retired"
Martrez Milner - New York Giants
Marvin Mitchell - New Orleans Saints
Randy Moss - New England Patriots
Jerious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons
Tony Scheffler - Denver Broncos
Fred Smoot - Minnesota Vikings
David Stewart - Tennessee Titans
Adalius Thomas - New England Patriots
Michael Turner - Atlanta Falcons
John Wade - Oakland Raiders
Chris White - Houston Texans

The thing everyone needs to notice is that there is NO ONE from Buffalo on his client list.

He's there for a trade people.

UberBroncoMan
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
For grins by the way.

McTard could be putting Cutler in the same division as the Pats since Bilicheat put his lover boy Cassel in the same division as the Broncos.

montrose
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
The thing everyone needs to notice is that there is NO ONE from Buffalo on his client list.

He's there for a trade people.

Does he have any free agents?

TonyR
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
In case you haven't already seen it...

BUS COOK’S BUFFALO TRIP RAISES EYEBROWS
Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 8:31 p.m. EDT
Former Bills offensive lineman Ruben Brown disclosed during his WECK radio show on Monday that agent Bus Cook was in Buffalo.

Apparently, former Bills receiver Eric Moulds, who was represented by Cook during his playing career, mentioned to Brown that Cook was in town.

According to NFLPA records, Cook represents no players currently under contract with the Bills. Thus, speculations is centering on a possible trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler or tight end Tony Scheffler, both of whom are Cook clients.

Our buddy Brad Riter of WECK thinks that Scheffler is the more likely trade target.

But, hey, it’s more fun to ponder the possibility of a new quarterback heading to town.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/bus-cooks-buffalo-trip-raises-eyebrows/

fontaine
03-16-2009, 06:41 PM
It's not just about the money although it's a big part. No player (unless he's representing himself) goes into a meeting with a HC to talk money, it's always handled between the agent and GM.

Cutler wanted assurances that he was the guy and when he felt he wasn't getting during and after the trade talks, he's told Cook to go do his thing.

Broncojef
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
It's not just about the money although it's a big part. No player (unless he's representing himself) goes into a meeting with a HC to talk money, it's always handled between the agent and GM.

Cutler wanted assurances that he was the guy and when he felt he wasn't getting during and after the trade talks, he's told Cook to go do his thing.

Cutler put his houses up for sale long before that meeting, think he knew what would happen before he went to talk? Jay needs to be shown the door, we don't give contracts out to guys with 3 years left just because they whine and need assurances.

rastaman
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Personally, I think Cutler has earned a restructured contract (aka a pay raise). As it currently stands, he'll be making far less than the backup QB. However, he hasn't earned anything resembling a "big time" contract -- which I think is what he and Cook are after.

That said, given the tactic he chose to try to get that raise, my opinion is force him to play out his last three years under the current contract, and/or trade his ass to the Lions (assuming we get good value) where his career will wither away (which means he'll never see a big payday more than likely) and he will never even sniff a Lombardi.

Trying to get a raise given his real value = perfectly fair.

Playing games to try to get way more than you deserve = F U

Revenge is for the weak minded.

rastaman
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Cutler put his houses up for sale long before that meeting, think he knew what would happen before he went to talk? Jay needs to be shown the door, we don't give contracts out to guys with 3 years left just because they whine and need assurances.

Why would you try a trade Cutler when he has 3 years left on his contract and then turn around and lie about it!!!!:sunshine:

Rabb
03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
He made a post in another thread saying his "sources" said this deal was going to happen.

... and losing Scheffler too will suck. I really wanted him to be converted to a WR.

please tell me this is a joke

I like Schef as much as the next guy but a WR he would not make

Circle Orange
03-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Bus Cook = Devil with a Smile. :nyahdevil

DenverBrit
03-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Jay's overreaction was an opportunity for Cook to get to work as an agent.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2331258&postcount=5

Hulamau
03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
This has all been so obvious for a while and Its hard to believe that a few here are so ingrained in their irrational hatred of McD that they cant see this Forest because of the trees.

Cook's act is not so unlike the kind of backhanded Slime Ball manipulation that "Tricky Dick" was once famous for, :flower:. Many of you probably don't remember but he's the guy that said "I'm No Crook" while basically being a crook :-) And Cook also is a master at that style of 'good cop' 'bad cop' routine.

Jay even cant decide how he felt about that meeting on Saturday without Cook helping him 'Cook' up a properly twisted (mis)-interpretation of what just happened in the meeting and rushing to get their disgruntled Spin out to the press first.

No wonder McD and Xanders were dumbfounded when they heard Jays' conveniently negative interpretation of that meeting. Its funny abut ALL of the Broncos people keep insisting they have done everything possible to get Jay to speak with them one on one and talk to Bowlen directly etc and ALL of these Bronco people including Bowlen whose 30 some odd year ownership of this franchise gave it a tradition of solidity, stability and a great place for players and coaches a like to come too.

Its insane that some of you Jay 'blow-boys' would trust the word of a 25 years old petulant child with a serious ego problem and in the running for 'Whiner of the Year' award and his Deceptive and cut-throat agent with a KNOWN history of causing so much strife and hard feelings in other cities and teams and that has caused so much damage to his clients reputations and shattered the loyal feelings of so many fans towards those clients/players in his style of doing business, More than you would the word and judgment of Bowlen who insists he is 100% behind McD!?!

Bowlen knows for certain that Jay is making a stupid mistake and is under the spell of this A**hole Cook, whose ONLY goal is to create controversy and fear and fan its flames however he can in his effort to manipulate THE biggest undeserved contract in history for his clients from their teams, regardless of how much damage it does all around!

Those of you guys who are still buying that this has ANYTHING at all to do with soothing Jay's delicate feelings and about Josh needing to make amends for his 'terrible mistake' and poor treatment of Cutler are showing the exact same kind of poor judgment and shortsightedness that make guys like Cook so successful at what they do!

Cook knows the simple fact that with the right PR and willingness to do anything to achieve your end, you really can fool the majority of the sheep most of the time. At least for a while, until he gets his business done and then he could care less what it does for Cutler's image and career long term or if it hurts the Broncos and sours Jay's reputation for life here and in the rest of the league! He'll get his big pay day either squeezing it out of Denver or somewhere else, and so will Jay.

Be careful what you wish for Cutler

barryr
03-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Cutler apparently doesn't want to think for himself and instead listen to a creep agent who had even Favre leave Green Bay is a bad way too.

TonyR
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Its insane that some of you Jay 'blow-boys' would trust the word of a 25 years old petulant child with a serious ego problem and in the running for 'Whiner of the Year' award and his Deceptive and cut-throat agent with a KNOWN history of causing so much strife and hard feelings in other cities and teams and that has caused so much damage to his clients reputations and shattered the loyal feelings of so many fans towards those clients/players in his style of doing business, More than you would the word and judgment of Bowlen who insists he is 100% behind McD!?!

Bowlen knows for certain that Jay is making a stupid mistake and is under the spell of this A**hole Cook, whose ONLY goal is to create controversy and fear and fan its flames however he can in his effort to manipulate THE biggest undeserved contract in history for his clients from their teams, regardless of how much damage it does all around!

Those of you guys who are still buying that this has ANYTHING at all to do with soothing Jay's delicate feelings and about Josh needing to make amends for his 'terrible mistake' and poor treatment of Cutler are showing the exact same kind of poor judgment and shortsightedness that make guys like Cook so successful at what they do!

Cook knows the simple fact that with the right PR and willingness to do anything to achieve your end, you really can fool the majority of the sheep most of the time. At least for a while, until he gets his business done and then he could care less what it does for Cutler's image and career long term or if it hurts the Broncos and sours Jay's reputation for life here and in the rest of the league! He'll get his big pay day either squeezing it out of Denver or somewhere else, and so will Jay.

Great post Hula. I'm shocked at the lack of response to it although it may be because of the length (some here are a bit intimidated by more than a few sentences at a time). I, too, am shocked by the anti-McD/pro Jay sentiment. This is all so clear and yet, for some, apparently not. As I keep saying, this is only a drama because Jay Cutler and Bus Cook are making it so.

garandman
03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
The reason there is such a "Pro-Jay - Anti/McDaniels" sentiment is because Jay is part of the team we love, a BIG part. Without a doubt reminds us of the days when #7 roamed mile high.

McD on the other hand hasn't done ANYTHING but make huge waves since he's been here and while on all accounts seems like a very good coordinator (so was Charlie Weiss BTW, how is he doing these days) has NO credibility with this fan base.

As far as I am concerned and I am sure most of the players, we side with Jay, although flawed in his handling of this, is still our QB...

Why is it hard to be loyal, before this all happended how did you feel about the future of this team with Jay Cutler? Most GMs are laughing how the new FO is handling this and they know it....

broncswin
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Rep to you Hula, nice post, I just wish others would wake up to the nonsense!!!!

Maybe we should start a website: Firebus/savejay&ferris.com

This frickin guy is a joke

TonyR
03-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Jay is part of the team we love, a BIG part.

I hear ya, but I love the team FAR more than I love Jay Cutler. And if Jay would've kept his mouth shut this drama would have never happened. But then of course we wouldn't be having all this FUN!

garandman
03-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I hear ya, but I love the team FAR more than I love Jay Cutler. And if Jay would've kept his mouth shut this drama would have never happened. But then of course we wouldn't be having all this FUN!

Tonyr, who started this mess anyway, was is Jay?

I think Bowlen should be held responsible for this whole debacle, GUTLESS DRUNK!

Bronx33
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Great post Hula. I'm shocked at the lack of response to it although it may be because of the length (some here are a bit intimidated by more than a few sentences at a time). I, too, am shocked by the anti-McD/pro Jay sentiment. This is all so clear and yet, for some, apparently not. As I keep saying, this is only a drama because Jay Cutler and Bus Cook are making it so.

I fully agree and great post hula..

Is cook related to Drew Rosenhaus?

Bronx33
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
garandman said: Tonyr, who started this mess anyway, was is Jay?

Yep micky D ***** up people make mistakes and jay of anybody should know this and cut a little slack instead of pouting like a 10 year old but i will say alot of what jay is saying and doing has alot to do with that cook a-hole

garandman said:I think Bowlen should be held responsible for this whole debacle, GUTLESS DRUNK!

This line is getting pretty old don't ya think jay is the only one being immature here? and please do we need to explain ( again ) why shanahan painted himself into a corner giving bowlen no choice in the matter.

Circle Orange
03-17-2009, 01:35 PM
These 'agents' are always manipulating in the background, it's part of their job. The good ones get good deals for their clients (thus fattening their own wallets).

The mediocre and bad ones ruin reputations and coddle the insecurities of these athletes.