PDA

View Full Version : Get on the phone with the Eagles

RADRHATR
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Go get McNabb and a 3rd for Cutler! Send Cutler and his antics to Phili, see how those fans react to his cr@p.

Unfortunately I see this turning into a Chad Johnson situation. How did it get this bad????

BizzyBone7
03-16-2009, 09:37 AM
What else would Denver be getting?

montrose
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Reid would probably like Cutler. How about McNabb and their two firsts for Cutler and Scheffler? I doubt they'd do it, but I think that's a good deal for Denver!

TDmvp
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
maybe 8 years ago ...

brncobrett
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Reid would probably like Cutler. How about McNabb and their two firsts for Cutler and Scheffler? I doubt they'd do it, but I think that's a good deal for Denver!

This would be the deal right here!! Of all that I've heard this one makes the most sense!!!

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Iggles fans would eat Cutler alive.....

imagine the boos raining down while Cutler yells at the ref and mopes off the field??

he wouldnt last a season....and

montrose
03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
This would be the deal right here!! Of all that I've heard this one makes the most sense!!!

Those 1st rounders are lower, and thus less expensive too.

brncobrett
03-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Naw you could get atleast two good years out of McNabb..Let Simms or who ever learn for two whole seasons under McDaniels. Remember Mcnabb's problems come from a terrible offensive line in Philly. He would be in heaven standing behind our line trust me..

DBBBSBS
03-16-2009, 10:17 AM
but again what was the thread starter asking for ? 3rd... a 3rd ? r u crazy ?

Anything less than 1st even with mcnabb is not even worth talking about. you are talking about a young qb who can serve for next 7-8 yrs easily.

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Maybe Cutler should just get on the phone with McNabb....

The horror stories McNabb can share might scare Cutler out of the league...

Cutler: "Wait a second, they benched you?? What did you do? Did you sell your house?? Did you demand a trade?? Did you not show up to practice?"

McNabb: "No....I sat on the bench, rooted my guys on and came in the next week to lead my team to the playoffs."

Cutler: "That's weird."

broncofan
03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Take it from somebody who is from Philly and who's friends are mostly Eagle fans...Philly fans would kill for Jay Cutler. I love how everybody jumps on the stereotype that Philly fans will boo anything that moves and that's it. Despite that truth, they're some of the brightest fans around and know an exceptionally talented QB when they see one. However, they have nothing that I want us to get...not even 2 firsts and McNabb. McNasty is only a temporary solution (2 years, I would guess), and two first rounders can only potentially garner the type of production we know we could have gotten out of Jay over the next 8 years. People may think I'm nuts, but one of the few things I've agreed with coach McD on so far is that I don't want the selling point of a trade for Jay to be draft picks...McNabb would only be a filler and temporary answer.

TonyR
03-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe Cutler should just get on the phone with McNabb....

Good post vj. And yet some people STILL support Jay in this. Unbelievable.

Popps
03-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm not opposed. McNabb is up and down, but he's a great option to have while developing someone behind him.

We'd need more than a 3rd with him, though. Of course, that's from my biased viewpoint. I just think McNabb is a little old to basically ship straight up for Cutler.

TonyR
03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
...they have nothing that I want us to get...not even 2 firsts and McNabb.

What's funny about this is that Philly would NEVER give up McNabb and both of their firsts for Cutler. Maybe McNabb and 1 number one, but not both. No chance. And if they would, we'd have to do it.

Pontius Pirate
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-tackle-fail.jpg

broncofan2438
03-16-2009, 12:05 PM

imagine the boos raining down while Cutler yells at the ref and mopes off the field??

Maybe thats what our fans should be doing

broncofan2438
03-16-2009, 12:18 PM

Maybe thats what our fans should be doing

broncswin
03-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I want Quinn, Rodgers and clevlands 1st, to me that is the best scenario, but I wouldn't be against getting McNabb and phillies highest number one, plus their second.

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Take it from somebody who is from Philly and who's friends are mostly Eagle fans...Philly fans would kill for Jay Cutler. I love how everybody jumps on the stereotype that Philly fans will boo anything that moves and that's it. Despite that truth, they're some of the brightest fans around and know an exceptionally talented QB when they see one. However, they have nothing that I want us to get...not even 2 firsts and McNabb. McNasty is only a temporary solution (2 years, I would guess), and two first rounders can only potentially garner the type of production we know we could have gotten out of Jay over the next 8 years. People may think I'm nuts, but one of the few things I've agreed with coach McD on so far is that I don't want the selling point of a trade for Jay to be draft picks...McNabb would only be a filler and temporary answer.

yes, they are intelligent and they can sniff it out when players arent giving it their all, or have their heads up their a$$es....

McNabb gave them 110% every single season, every single game...they guy was taking BEATINGS over the course of some of these seasons and when he played below his expected level they let him know that it wasnt acceptable...

Jay cannot accept that...in his mind he is a HOF quarterback...although he may have that ability, he wouldnt last in Philly because he doesnt understand that what you do on the field is completely related to how the fans and management treat you...its nothing personal...

If Jay throws a pick inside the 10 yard line in Philly (like the Bills game in Denver), you dont think they are going to boo the $hit out of him..

BTW, talked to three people from Philly today....all said they wanted nothing to do with Cutler....actualy the one kid, who writes for Sports Illustrated offered a "pack of cigarettes, 50 bucks and two Natty Lights" for Cutler when I proposed a trade....

needless to say, some people around the nation are even starting to doubt Cutler