PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos will hold some type of conference at 10:30am MDT - UPDATED to 11am MDT

montrose
03-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Just reported on 9news, will be webcast live at 9news.com

UPDATE: Haven't seen an actual press conference confirmed. This is what 9news.com says now:

The Denver Broncos met as a team Monday for the first time since Head Coach Josh McDaniels took his new position. Some of the team members are expected to speak at a news conference scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. 9NEWS.com will live stream the event.

2nd UPDATE: Time moved to 11am MDT.

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
What about? :)

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 07:45 AM
The Broncos to announce a new deal for Jay Cutler???

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 07:45 AM
I hope they use this to announce that they will be wearing the orange jerseys this year

Rohirrim
03-16-2009, 07:46 AM
If Jay plays well this season, we'll talk about a new contract next year.

socalorado
03-16-2009, 07:47 AM

POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :notworthy :D ^5 :thumbs: ^5 :welcome:

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:48 AM
They've re-signed Engleberger.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 07:48 AM

Whos to say he'll play in Denver this year if he doesn't get a new contract.

montrose
03-16-2009, 07:49 AM
I've got a bad feeling they're going to smear the s**t out of Jay.

El Guapo

too bad that's not possible with the CBL.

DomCasual
They've re-signed Engleberger.

Do you know this, or are you just speculating?

I ask, because I had high hopes it would be Mustard.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 07:50 AM
I hope they use this to announce that they will be wearing the orange jerseys this year

That would be sweet.

Hotrod
What the hell is going on in Bronco land???

DomCasual
too bad that's not possible with the CBL.

CBL?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 07:51 AM
They're going to announce, through the media (since that's Jay and Bus's favorite way to communicate) that Jay Cutler can either show up and play UNDER HIS EXISTING CONTRACT, or he can hang out and play beer pong in NashVegas for three years and watch his value fall to nothing. At some point, I think "We are not trading Jay Cutler. Period." will be reiterated.

Beantown Bronco
Do you know this, or are you just speculating?

I ask, because I had high hopes it would be Mustard.

That'll be tomorrow's press conference. This FO has already admitted it can't make two major moves at one time.

Broncos_OTM
Imagine its a announcement they have traded Jay.

Hotrod
03-16-2009, 07:52 AM

While he deserves to be called out it would be a poor decission on the Bronco FO to do that. It would drop his trade value even further.

DomCasual
03-16-2009, 07:52 AM
That'll be tomorrow's press conference. This FO has already admitted it can't make two major moves at one time.

Oh, good point.

So, you're saying there's a chance.

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:53 AM

McDaniels is putting his house on the market....

Broncos_OTM
CBL?

Collective Bargining aggreement :shrugs: thats the only thing i could even remostely come up with.

SoDak Bronco
I just listended to Peter King on the DP show, he said he believes if the Broncos trade Cutler, it will likely be to the lions and it make take up to a month to work everything out. They will want to make sure they maximize their value and get the most out of him. It is unlikely they will be smearing or doing anything to hurt their trade leverage.

socalorado
Imagine its a announcement they have traded Jay.

Way to jinx it ahole!

Rohirrim
03-16-2009, 07:54 AM
They're moving Mustard to QB. He'll bust off 4000 in our system.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 07:54 AM
They're going to announce, through the media (since that's Jay and Bus's favorite way to communicate) that Jay Cutler can either show up and play UNDER HIS EXISTING CONTRACT, or he can hang out and play beer pong in NashVegas for three years and watch his value fall to nothing. At some point, I think "We are not trading Jay Cutler. Period." will be reiterated.

I really hope this is the case.

Honestly, I don't want anything for Cutler, I'd rather make him sit and ruin his career than trade him. If we threaten to do it, it will make Cutler reconsider everything - maybe fire his agent like Mike Anderson did, play well next year, and then the Broncos will graciously return the favor by giving him a new deal NEXT year.

The fact of the matter is that the Broncos have three years to fix this mess.

Broncos_OTM
03-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Way to jinx it ahole!
listen up pipsqueak. It's practically inevitable at this point. If you followed the Brett Farve drama its not gonna end well

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:55 AM

The Broncos don't want to have over $20 mil in dead cap space over 2010 and 2011 taken up on a guy who doesn't play.

Smiling Assassin27
03-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Chad Mustard was signed. Jay Cutler was cut to make room.

titan
Dave Logan of KOA Radio still thinks Cutler will be the broncos qb this season (from talking to his sources within the team). Not a sure thing - just his opinion - but Logan is well connected. This was on the KOA morning sports report.

Rohirrim
The Broncos don't want to have over $20 mil in dead cap space over 2010 and 2011 taken up on a guy who doesn't play.

Meanwhile, Shanahan calls out, "Una mas cerveza, por favor!"

socalorado
listen up pipsqueak. It's practically inevitable at this point. If you followed the Brett Farve drama its not gonna end well

"Its just another manic monday"

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 07:58 AM

Jay Cutler doesn't want to lose all his leverage and value by sitting on the bench either. Upper hand - Broncos.

summerdenver
03-16-2009, 07:58 AM

ROFL!

Taco John
03-16-2009, 07:59 AM

Honestly, I don't want anything for Cutler, I'd rather make him sit and ruin his career than trade him. If we threaten to do it, it will make Cutler reconsider everything - maybe fire his agent like Mike Anderson did, play well next year, and then the Broncos will graciously return the favor by giving him a new deal NEXT year.

That would be as stupid as trading Jay for a 7th round pick. We have needs on this team, and gain nothing by throwing away the value that Jay represents to this team.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 07:59 AM

LOL!

Taco John
03-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Jay Cutler doesn't want to lose all his leverage and value by sitting on the bench either. Upper hand - Broncos.

I don't think he'll lose what everyone is imagining he will. Michael Vick is still being talked about as a sure thing to get a job when he gets back. Someone will take the risk.

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2009, 08:02 AM

If Cutler does nothing but show up to the mandatory meetings and sit on the bench when they tell him to, he collects over $20 mil the next three years, all guaranteed and not performance-based. AND Cutler hits FA still in his prime. Sure, he won't be in line for a $100 mil contract, but he'd still be in a good situation.

I wouldn't exactly say that the team has the upper hand in that situation.

Taco John
03-16-2009, 08:03 AM
By the way... This conference call scares me to death. I can't imagine anything good coming from talking to the media at this point.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 08:04 AM
That would be as stupid as trading Jay for a 7th round pick. We have needs on this team, and gain nothing by throwing away the value that Jay represents to this team.

Trading Jay for a 7th would be stupid because he'll go somewhere else and succeed, the Broncos have leverage here in Jay's contract.

If the Broncos want to play hardball, then play hardball.

This has a few different scenarios:

Jay sits. The Broncos keep his contract for three years. When he becomes a free agent he'll be 30 years old, out of football for three years, and virtually worthless. This aught to scare the crap out of Jay, since he knows he can get a whole lot more. Just the idea of the possibility should motivate Jay to play well so he can get his when the time comes.

Jay plays out his contract. In these three years, he patches up a rocky start with McD and they become good friends - it's happened before in the NFL. He gets a huge deal at the end of his contract and becomes the next Peyton Manning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 08:06 AM
If Cutler does nothing but show up to the mandatory meetings and sit on the bench when they tell him to, he collects over $20 mil the next three years, all guaranteed and not performance-based. AND Cutler hits FA still in his prime. Sure, he won't be in line for a $100 mil contract, but he'd still be in a good situation.

I wouldn't exactly say that the team has the upper hand in that situation.

A good situation is what he has now. Millions in the bank. Fans that (used to) love him. Three more years on a contract that will make him richer.

And he wants a bigger payday.

When are these spoiled-ass athletes going to learn that when you sign a contract, your services are expected for the life of the contract? IT IS A BUSINESS.

Jay, get back to Denver and practice, and all will be forgiven.

Dudeskey
03-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Maybe McD annonces his resignation ???

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2009, 08:17 AM
When he becomes a free agent he'll be 30 years old, out of football for three years, and virtually worthless.

Matt Cassel looked really worthless this past year.

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2009, 08:19 AM
When are these spoiled-ass athletes going to learn that when you sign a contract, your services are expected for the life of the contract? IT IS A BUSINESS.

I'm willing to wager with anyone right now that in the last 20 years of the NFL, not one person who signed a 6 or 7 year contract EVER made it from the beginning to the end of that contract as it was originally signed.

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Oh I know! It's an early April fools joke! They sure got us on this one.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Matt Cassel looked really worthless this past year.

Okay, os he has to play a year to redeem himself ... he'll be on the tail end of his career by then, and will have missed out on some serious cash.

I hope Cutler has considered this.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm willing to wager with anyone right now that in the last 20 years of the NFL, not one person who signed a 6 or 7 year contract EVER made it from the beginning to the end of that contract as it was originally signed.

That's probably the case for starters - but Cutler is a situation where it wont hurt the Broncos much financially to make him ride pine.

El Guapo
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
CBL?

the stupid labor agreement that's up after this year.

gyldenlove
03-16-2009, 08:31 AM

The Mike always orders them in pairs, in case Bowlen drops by.

CEH
03-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Nothing on DPO, CBS4 or DB.com

I don't see any reported news conference except on 9News and it's a webcast possibly just a group of guys sitting around discussing the situation

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 08:37 AM

You may well be right. But you don't renegotiate a contract after A) the player has proven nothing, B) the player has a 17-20 record, and C) the player has completed only half of his current contract. If he pulled this **** next off season, I could see the need for a new contract. If he'd won a Super Bowl (or even made the effing PLAYOFFS) last season, I could see it. But he hasn't done any of those things.

And it does not hurt Denver financially to keep him on the bench.

The choice is his. Show up and play, or sit down and wait.

montrose
03-16-2009, 08:43 AM
By the way... This conference call scares me to death. I can't imagine anything good coming from talking to the media at this point.

That's what I was thinking!

Nothing on DPO, CBS4 or DB.com

I don't see any reported news conference except on 9News and it's a webcast possibly just a group of guys sitting around discussing the situation

Yeah I had the broadcast on this morning and they said they'd just received word of a 10:30 press conference and that was it. Earlier in the morning they said players who wanted to talk to the media would be available, so I imagine this is something different.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
You may well be right. But you don't renegotiate a contract after A) the player has proven nothing, B) the player has a 17-20 record, and C) the player has completed only half of his current contract. If he pulled this **** next off season, I could see the need for a new contract. If he'd won a Super Bowl (or even made the effing PLAYOFFS) last season, I could see it. But he hasn't done any of those things.

And it does not hurt Denver financially to keep him on the bench.

The choice is his. Show up and play, or sit down and wait.

:thumbsup:

baja
03-16-2009, 08:51 AM

The thing is the way the Broncos handle this will be watched carefully around the league and Mcdaniels will define his HC personality with this Cutler issue. Fair or unfair McDaniels whole HC career will be set by what he does with this one issue.

Rohirrim
03-16-2009, 08:54 AM
My guess is that the Broncos FO will issue a statement that basically says that Jay Cutler is under contract and they expect him to fulfill his contract.

Rock Chalk
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
While he deserves to be called out it would be a poor decission on the Bronco FO to do that. It would drop his trade value even further.

Jay has dropped his own value plenty.

He has told the league in no simple terms this: "Im a big fat baby that needs to be coddled at all times or Im going to pout and demand a trade".

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
It will be interesting to see if Bowlen is holding it or McDaniels.

If Bowlen's holding it, I want to see the level of slurred speech.

If McDaniels is holding it, I want to see if he can string a sentence together through his nerves this time.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Whos to say he'll play in Denver this year if he doesn't get a new contract.

I can't think of one top flight QB that ever say a yr but if Cutler wants to blaze that trail I would let him.

gyldenlove
03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
This one could go so many ways, but my guess is that they will say:

We expect Jay Cutler to be the QB of the Denver Broncos, we will not trade him and he is under contract that we expect he will honor.

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I can't think of one top flight QB that ever say a yr but if Cutler wants to blaze that trail I would let him.

What was that supposed to say? Minus the booze

fontaine
03-16-2009, 09:05 AM
It will be interesting to see if Bowlen is holding it or McDaniels.

If Bowlen's holding it, I want to see the level of slurred speech.

If McDaniels is holding it, I want to see if he can string a sentence together through his nerves this time.

Really McDaniels is holding all the chips and would really have to screw it up to have Jay go out of town.

He has three years left in his contract, nothing to bargain with, no leverage and a douche bag agent while the pressure is off the Broncos this year to win as they have to fix the defense and until that happens it doesn't matter who the QB is. Plus an owner who doesn't meddle.

Sooner or later the fans will get over Jay's victim act, I just hope McDaniels can hold his nerve and not feel the need to do something drastic here like a desperate big name signing or draft splash just to counter the bad PR.

Three years is a long time and the Broncos can play this out while Jay will get sick of Cook sooner or later.

DrFate
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Jake Plummer is coming out of retirement??

:afro:

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:11 AM
LIVE WEBCAST AT 10:30 A.M. is all it says folks, nothing about a press conference.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Huge difference

BlaK-Argentina
03-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Ok so what time is it now in Denver?

baja
03-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Press Conference!! I was with Shanny at the farmers market in the coffee cart line. We were chatting away when his cell phone rang, after a minute of listening Shanny said sure Pat we are first and foremost friends I will be there, this does set us back a little but I can right the ship for you Pat. See ya on Monday.

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
The Denver Broncos met as a team Monday for the first time since Head Coach Josh McDaniels took his new position. Some of the team members are expected to speak at a news conference scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. 9NEWS.com will live stream the event. A link will be provided here.

http://www.9news.com/graphics/home/alert-endcap.jpg

montrose
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
LIVE WEBCAST AT 10:30 A.M. is all it says folks, nothing about a press conference.

I'm going to edit the title to clarify.

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm going to edit the title to clarify.

No, you were right, check my above post.

Circle Orange
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
People forget Bus Cook's thumb in all this. He's known for creating needless friction and EDITING the truth between parties. And with no communication flowing back and forth, it just makes things worse.

This is hysteria from idleness. Again, where else but in Denver?

baja
jay should be asking if his agent is so good how come he got me a 6 year rookie contract anyway.....

montrose
No, you were right, check my above post.

Cool deal man.

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=111954&catid=339

Cutler no show confirmed.

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:26 AM
The conference will start at 11am now.

chawknz
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Where is the web cast going to be streamed from? Can't find anything on the Broncos website

TonyR
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't think he'll lose what everyone is imagining he will. Michael Vick is still being talked about as a sure thing to get a job when he gets back. Someone will take the risk.

You can't be serious. Can you? Where did you ever come up with such a thing? Everything I've read and heard suggests he'll never play QB in the NFL again.

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Here's a koala.

http://i43.tinypic.com/e9c5g0.gif

chawknz
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Nevermind. It's on 9news.com

Anaximines
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
webcast link up at 9news.com

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Where is the web cast going to be streamed from? Can't find anything on the Broncos website

http://mfile.akamai.com/22341/live/reflector:34154.asx?bkup=34162&prop=n

http://www.9news.com/default.aspx

montrose
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
The has been changed to 11am.

socalorado
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
webcast link up at 9news.com

Linky?

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 09:42 AM
The has been changed to 11am.

That sucks. I'm trying to make a deadline for my report here at work, and I'm waiting on a dumb "press Conference" ;D

LonghornBronco
03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
You can't be serious. Can you? Where did you ever come up with such a thing? Everything I've read and heard suggests he'll never play QB in the NFL again.

the way I've read about the UFL is that contracts will be shopped back and forth between the leagues kind of like soccer...

this means Vick WILL be picked up by an NFL team at one point

DomCasual
03-16-2009, 09:47 AM
That sucks. I'm trying to make a deadline for my report here at work, and I'm waiting on a dumb "press Conference" ;D

Could you just get the fryer going, watch the press conference, then put the fries in? Or are you supposed to do the McNuggets, too?

I kid. :)

crowebomber
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Who wants to practice their typing skills? The crowebomber don't do streaming here at work.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
I assume someone will be watching and updating with what is said... I hope...

Please? I can't stream video at work.

Borks147
03-16-2009, 10:02 AM
is the stream working for anyone or is it not up yet?

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm getting nothing... Wait... is it 10AM or 11AM for you folks in the rockies? I know

Disco Man
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
....says It Will Begin Shortly

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm getting nothing... Wait... is it 10AM or 11AM for you folks in the rockies? I know Arizona doesn't move their

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm getting nothing... Wait... is it 10AM or 11AM for you folks in the rockies? I know Arizona doesn't move their clocks and

El Guapo
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
c'mon! Im hungry. . . (it's noon here and Im at work waiting to go to lunch)

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm getting nothing... Wait... is it 10AM or 11AM for you folks in the rockies? I know Arizona doesn't move their clocks and it never

Dagmar
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
It started.

TheReverend
I'm getting nothing... Wait... is it 10AM or 11AM for you folks in the rockies? I know Arizona doesn't move their clocks and it never ceases to confuse

montrose
is the stream working for anyone or is it not up yet?

I got nothing.

Dagmar
They need to mike the people asking questions if they are going to broadcast this ****.

CSU Husker
03-16-2009, 10:09 AM
WTF? This staff cant even get a press conf right or what?

N.O.Bronco
03-16-2009, 10:09 AM
This link is working:

http://mfile.akamai.com/22341/live/reflector:34154.asx?bkup=34162∝=n (http://mfile.akamai.com/22341/live/reflector:34154.asx?bkup=34162&prop=n)

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Could you just get the fryer going, watch the press conference, then put the fries in? Or are you supposed to do the McNuggets, too?

I kid. :)

Nah... I write for a newspaper, I'm working on an article about the environmental restoration of a superfund site.

TDmvp
03-16-2009, 10:12 AM
seems it will not work in firefox .... but works fine in IE

http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

montrose
03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I clicked on the problems link at the bottom of the browser and it launched in Windows Media Player. Kenny Peterson is talking now.

Florida_Bronco
It's working for me.

N.O.Bronco
for this page, this link is working fine:

http://mfile.akamai.com/22341/live/reflector:34154.asx?bkup=34162∝=n (http://mfile.akamai.com/22341/live/reflector:34154.asx?bkup=34162&prop=n)

Dagmar
That was a whole load of nothing.

dbfan21
Kenny Peterson just got done talking...said nothing astounding, earth shattering, etc.

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Lindsay Jones looking cute; Tight black pants and a pink top.

TheReverend
Really?

Kenny Peterson?

They held a press conference so Kenny ****ing Peterson could address the media?

This is a joke, right?

El Guapo
They were asking him if there has been any talk in the locker room regarding all the going ons and he kept saying that there is no talk and they're there just do their jobs.

The thing is, he was answering while continually glancing to the left. Any behavioral analyst will tell you that looking to the left like that means the individual is accessing the creative side of the brain (left) and therefor lying.

Florida_Bronco
03-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I imagine someone else will be coming on shortly.

LonghornBronco
03-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Kenny Peterson is a McD puppet. I want to hear from champ or Hamilton, one of the team captains.

chickennob2
03-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Just have to say that Kenny Peterson is my new favorite Bronco. Seems like a great guy to get lunch with.

N.O.Bronco
I read elsewhere that 9news said something about another conference at 12? any truth to that?

montrose
Anybody else have "this video stream will begin shortly"?

TDmvp
03-16-2009, 10:23 AM
McBoring ...

saleen s28one
03-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Anybody else have "this video stream will begin shortly"?

same thing here

montrose
03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
New player up, I think its Andre Goodman.

Kaylore
03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Kenny Peterson is a McD puppet. I want to hear from champ or Hamilton, one of the team captains.

LOL Champ hates cutler. Absolutely hates him, and that was before this whole mess erupted.

TDmvp
03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
this is Fing pointless...

montrose
03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Said McDaniels addressed the Cutler situation but instructed the team not to comment on it.

TDmvp
03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
LOL Champ hates cutler. Absolutely hates him, and that was before this whole mess erupted.

??? really ???

El Guapo
03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
k, Im going to lunch. You guys take good notes, I expect some cliff notes. :)

broncofan2438
03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Goodman just finished.....nothing crazy, tlked about why he signed and the people who he is excited to play for

DBBBSBS
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
what did you expect the players to come out and tell we are getting 1st overall pick 20th and next year 1st from lions and we are trading jay cutler to the lions ?

bronco militia
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/e9c5g0.gif

Finger Roll
03-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry but what is the whole point of this Press Conference?

missingnumber7
03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
to make people think that there is something important being said

bjeffrey
03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Message to Cutler, the world is still turning, your teammates are getting to work.

Arkansas Bronco
03-16-2009, 10:45 AM
That was probably the worst interview (the one with peterson) Ive ever seen.

RINGLEADER
03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Not that this is my team or the Broncos organization have any responsibility to say anything but it's sort of pointless to call a press avail and then tell everyone participating that they're not allowed to comment on the only topic anyone is interested in.

hambone13
03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Anyone getting anything now? I've got the link open and never even saw the Goodman portion come up? Pretty useless so far. I doubt we'll see anyone significant....

broncofan2438
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
what did you expect the players to come out and tell we are getting 1st overall pick 20th and next year 1st from lions and we are trading jay cutler to the lions ?

YES

baja
03-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Well I for one am glad to see the seamless running of all things bronco at Dove Valley as run by Shanahan for 14 years has not missed a beat....

kupesdad
03-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Anyone getting anything now? I've got the link open and never even saw the Goodman portion come up? Pretty useless so far. I doubt we'll see anyone significant....

That's odd..the link I got was a cage match between McD/X-man vs Cutler/The Bus the battle went back and forth but cutler ended the match with a heartpunch followed by a legdrop..but I guess it's because I have the special insider link.!Booya!

kupesdad
03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
That's odd..the link I got was a cage match between McD/X-man vs Cutler/The Bus the battle went back and forth but cutler ended the match with a heartpunch followed by a legdrop..but I guess it's because I have the special insider link.!Booya!

They did throw a cobra at Cutler's midsection..Rev was coaching obviously

TheReverend
03-16-2009, 11:03 AM
They did throw a cobra at Cutler's midsection..Rev was coaching obviously

SoCal knocked out the ref with a chair while I injected the cobra with HIV.

Seriously though, Chris's agent, which rookie interior OL is he representing again?

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 11:06 AM
**** Jay Cutler and his agent. That's where all this is coming from. I'd sit his ass on the bench as a backup for the rest of his contract.

illbroncsfn
03-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Kupesdad- have Chris talk to Jay and straighten all of this mess out for all the Broncos fans- we want to get back to winning football and not rock em' sock em' robot feeling wars....

BroncoMatt
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
was that it? I saw KP and then another player and now nothing

kupesdad
03-16-2009, 11:13 AM
SoCal knocked out the ref with a chair while I injected the cobra with HIV.

Seriously though, Chris's agent, which rookie interior OL is he representing again?

I thought it was the Wood kid from Louisville but it's Andy Levitre from Oregon State.

kupesdad
03-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Kupesdad- have Chris talk to Jay and straighten all of this mess out for all the Broncos fans- we want to get back to winning football and not rock em' sock em' robot feeling wars....

I wish...I don't think Chris has talked to him for a week or so. Although he may have when he came back to town last weekend. I just hate to see something that really came together last year go back to the drawing board.

OBF1
03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Let's all pitch in a couple bucks and pay Chris to whip some sense into Jay

Don Flamenco
03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I wish...I don't think Chris has talked to him for a week or so. Although he may have when he came back to town last weekend. I just hate to see something that really came together last year go back to the drawing board.

That offensive line play was really something last year

halfcreek
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM

They should smear the **** out of Bus Cook. Cutler has been getting bad advice from this dickwad. He has been the "source" and he has been the one orchestrating this from the start. Cutler had to meet with Cook after the Saturday meeting to figure out what he thought. Cook then filled his head with they don't want you, McDaniels wants Cassel and on and on. Cutler should fire his ass.

The Bronco's mantra should be Jay is getting bad advice.

Man-Goblin
03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Eddie Royal on now.

Florida_Bronco
03-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Is this true or just tongue in cheek? ???

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Funny...you can hear the reporters talking about not owning landlines while waiting on the next interview.

Pontius Pirate
03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Jay Cutler - our saviour

Woops - sorry, thought this was three years ago right after the draft. Sometimes I forget what year I'm in

SportinOne
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM

That makes no sense at all. I can understand having a team-first mentality, but that would not help the team at all. That would hurt the team quite a bit considering the fact that we spent a very high draft pick on Cutler that would potentially go to waste. At the very least, trading Jay brings value back into the organization.

Your signature is really cute by the way.. do yourself a favor and cancel your facebook account.

SportinOne
03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Jay Cutler - our saviour

Woops - sorry, thought this was three years ago right after the draft. Sometimes I forget what year I'm in

Were you IN the chat room after the draft? It was chaos. People HATED the move. So, really, three years ago probably looked a lot like today.

Now, backtrack to the game before the seahawks and you are right on the money.

elsid13
03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
did anyone from the offense speak?

Mogulseeker
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
That makes no sense at all. I can understand having a team-first mentality, but that would not help the team at all. That would hurt the team quite a bit considering the fact that we spent a very high draft pick on Cutler that would potentially go to waste. At the very least, trading Jay brings value back into the organization.

Your signature is really cute by the way.. do yourself a favor and cancel your facebook account.

Telling Cutler he'll sit is risky to be sure, but it just might pay off. Simms is more mature than Cutler anyway, so he won't need any of this sitting in the system and developing thing either.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2009, 05:28 PM

Eddie Royal, said he loves the vision and the plan McDaniels has. Besides that he was his typical classy self.

lex
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM

Royal

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Eddie Royal, said he loves the vision and the plan McDaniels has. Besides that he was his typical classy self.

I really like how Mcdaniels calls plays and designs an offense. People on the board thinking Mcdaniels is an idiot are going to look really silly 3-4 yrs from now when he is an established H/C. Cutler is being an idiot he could throw for 3500 yrds, 30 tds every yr with him. He loves 3 WR sets and high percentage throws to Rbs. Royal will go off in Denver. IMO Royal will still start outside but you may see him move to slot when Broncos go 3 and 4 WR.

I could see 4 wr sets with Stokely and Royal inside, Marshall and ?? outside. Who knows who will emerge as that 4th guy but I think he will be an outside type WR.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM

I can only imagine what a bummer it must be for the guys on the team. You should be happy though your kid is one of the bright spots on the team. I was really critical of him at first and I can't think of a player I was more wrong about. After he broke his hand or arm, what was it he did? He seemed to get better. How do you get better after you get injured? I mean who gets better?

I'm no coach but it looked like he started using his legs more and more to stay in front of people better.

Well it's official the oline is once again something we can be proud of, even if the friggin rest of the team is a mess.

lex
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I really like how Mcdaniels calls plays and designs an offense. People on the board thinking Mcdaniels is an idiot are going to look really silly 3-4 yrs from now when he is an established H/C. Cutler is being an idiot he could throw for 3500 yrds, 30 tds every yr with him. He loves 3 WR sets and high percentage throws to Rbs. Royal will go off in Denver. IMO Royal will still start outside but you may see him move to slot when Broncos go 3 and 4 WR.

I could see 4 wr sets with Stokely and Royal inside, Marshall and ?? outside. Who knows who will emerge as that 4th guy but I think he will be an outside type WR.

That sounds great. Cant wait to see the Welker screen and all the passes to the RBs. Awesome. And to think people got tired of that WR screen last year when we ran it half as much as NE. Also, you gotta love an offense where a screen pass sets up the whole offense.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
That sounds great. Cant wait to see the Welker screen and all the passes to the RBs. Awesome. And to think people got tired of that WR screen last year when we ran it half as much as NE. Also, you gotta love an offense where a screen pass sets up the whole offense.

Funny thing is whole NFL running those quick screen to WR.

I disagree though Mcdaniels doesn't run a dink and dunk. He uses 3 wr sets, stretches the field, and then expects the QB to go through his reads in a progression based on how he reads defense. The Rbs are used as an outlet so the QB doesnt have to force throws.

Maybe that's Jay's problem, he sort of likes to decide what he is going to do with the ball before its snapped. While in Mcdaniels offense he will have to audible, read defenses, etc etc.

Wouldn't expect you to understand though.