PDA

View Full Version : If McD runs Cutler out of town.

missingnumber7
03-16-2009, 06:48 AM
If Jay leaves then what is expected out of a first year coach. He was unwilling to work with an existing QB who is in many peoples opinions better than the QB that he was trying to trade for. If he doesn't make the playoffs, or has a really bad record does he have a short rope with Bowlen.

Meck77
03-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Bowlen already stated his position on Cutler. I also think there is more to this story that the media hasn't hit on yet. I think Jay wants out to cash in and it appears so far that the Broncos aren't willing to renegotiate a long term contract for a reason. What else could it be other than the uncertainty of his diabetes? It has to factor in this situation.

The Broncos had two more years to evaluate Jay and his health under the old contract. Now they've been given a deadline by Cutler. Why wouldn't Jay force a trade knowing that his years in the NFL could suddenly be numbered?

oubronco
03-16-2009, 06:52 AM
he will try to win with Simms and they will suck

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 06:56 AM
At this point, Cutler is the problem. Or rather his agent and Cutler are the problem. McDaniels might not have the people skills, but at some point Cutler has to back down as well. Personally I wouldn't trade him or anything. I'd play him and if he doesn't want to play in Denver it's just too bad.

missingnumber7
03-16-2009, 07:20 AM
At this point, Cutler is the problem. Or rather his agent and Cutler are the problem. McDaniels might not have the people skills, but at some point Cutler has to back down as well. Personally I wouldn't trade him or anything. I'd play him and if he doesn't want to play in Denver it's just too bad.

I think the rookie hc bit off more than he can chew. I agree though that trading him isn't the answer. Elway and Reeves didn't always get along the greatest and they went to 2 super bowls.

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 07:21 AM
he will try to win with Simms and they will suck

Then don't watch.....

They said the same thing when Brady went down on the Pats....

the interesting thing was that Pats fans kept showing up and supporting their team...you pansies are just waiting to boo

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:22 AM
I think the rookie hc bit off more than he can chew. I agree though that trading him isn't the answer. Elway and Reeves didn't always get along the greatest and they went to 2 super bowls.

they went to 3. :)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 07:22 AM

Three super bowls, actually.

I think they give Cutler a choice: he can either ride the pine and let his value slip, or he can play for the Broncos, play as well as possible, and maybe get another contract elsewhere when he's traded next season. It's that simple.

But saying all you want is to be reassured that you're the guy in Denver, then demanding a trade, makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

rugbythug
03-16-2009, 07:24 AM
McD has a funny way of Running people out of town. He has chased Cutler all over asking him to get in Dove Valley and Get going. Cutler is the one running away to TN.

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Three super bowls, actually.

I think they give Cutler a choice: he can either ride the pine and let his value slip, or he can play for the Broncos, play as well as possible, and maybe get another contract elsewhere when he's traded next season. It's that simple.

But saying all you want is to be reassured that you're the guy in Denver, then demanding a trade, makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

It's Bus cook trying to do this:

Largest rookie contract in NFL history. (Steve McNair, 1995)
Largest contract in NFL history. (Brett Favre, 1997)
First $100,000,000 contract in NFL History (Brett Favre, 2001)
Record setting contract paying out the most in the first three years in NFL history (McNair, 2001)
Largest non-QB contract in NFL history. (Randy Moss, 2001)
Innovative contract structure involving guaranteed money for Record setting Rookie contract. (Calvin Johnson, 2007)

He was the agent for all of these. Read the link below. I'd post it in it's own thread, but gosh I think it might already have been posted. I don't want the scrutiny. :)

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3/11/794217/jay-cutler-bus-cook-and-th

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 07:32 AM

Record setting contract paying out the most in the first three years in NFL history (McNair, 2001)
Innovative contract structure involving guaranteed money for Record setting Rookie contract. (Calvin Johnson, 2007)

He was the agent for all of these. Read the link below. I'd post it in it's own thread, but gosh I think it might already have been posted. I don't want the scrutiny. :)

Hahahaha, I've been posting that everywhere on the interwebs. Sent to Deadspin, major media outlets, etc. I heard that Jim Armstrong was on Sandy Clough's show and dismissed the writer as "just a blogger." When are these mainstream types going to realize that they're the ones whose careers are in jeopardy, and that they're losing to a bunch of "losers in their underwear in their mom's basement"?

Smiling Assassin27
03-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Cutler has run himself out of town, plain and simple.

socalorado
03-16-2009, 07:38 AM

There it is right there in a nut shell!
Remember people last year when the whole Brett Favre fiasco was happening? remember the lear jets from little po-dunk airports with TONS of media and flights to GB and NY? Remember the whole media love affair and FavreGate stand off with Ted Thompson? That was all Cook. And this is the same thing.

clint7
03-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Cutler has run himself out of town, plain and simple.

Word.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 07:52 AM
There it is right there in a nut shell!
Remember people last year when the whole Brett Favre fiasco was happening? remember the lear jets from little po-dunk airports with TONS of media and flights to GB and NY? Remember the whole media love affair and FavreGate stand off with Ted Thompson? That was all Cook. And this is the same thing.

1,000% correct.

Pony Boy
03-16-2009, 08:03 AM
put a bounty on all agents and lawyers. problem solved!

Taco John
03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
If Jay leaves then what is expected out of a first year coach. He was unwilling to work with an existing QB who is in many peoples opinions better than the QB that he was trying to trade for. If he doesn't make the playoffs, or has a really bad record does he have a short rope with Bowlen.

I have a hard time believing that Pat will not give McDaniels at least three years, regardless of what happens. I think this thing would have to go *really* south for Pat to decide that he made a mistake and can McDaniels. I think that he's going to give McD as much time as the fans will allow to right the ship - but if ticket sales fall off the cliff, it'll be a different story.

no-pseudo-fan
03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
It will not take much to get McD fired. He trades JC, JC wins big for new team, Broncos get worse, and McD is out on his ear.

Broncomutt
03-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Cutler appears to be running himself out of town.

Good!

Given McDaniels performance last year with a back-up QB vs Jay's performance as a starting QB....I'll take McDaniels.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
It will not take much to get McD fired. He trades JC, JC wins big for new team, Broncos get worse, and McD is out on his ear.

And if JC continues to put up monster numbers for a .500 team and McD starts winning division titles in his second year? Then what happens?

The Jeff George comparisons are becoming more and more apt every day.

SoDak Bronco
03-16-2009, 08:32 AM

Good!

Given McDaniels performance last year with a back-up QB vs Jay's performance as a starting QB....I'll take McDaniels.

Lets see how you feel at the end of next season.

vancejohnson82
03-16-2009, 08:35 AM
And if JC continues to put up monster numbers for a .500 team and McD starts winning division titles in his second year? Then what happens?

I can totally see this happening....Jay puts up 5,000 yards with Detroit and they go 3-13....Denver goes 9-7 this year and just keeps getting better with solid players who play within the system

no-pseudo-fan
03-16-2009, 08:35 AM

If Jay is traded to the Lions, for example, and gets them to 9-7 next year. McD never hears the end of it, because we do not win 9 games next year without Jay.

colonelbeef
03-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Good!

Wait, so you are saying that Josh McDaniels was responsible for the Patriots successes? Jesus Christ some of you people are lost.

I thought it was Charlie Weis. I mean Romeo Crennel. I mean Eric Mangini.

The Patriots start and end with Bill Belichick.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 08:44 AM
If Jay is traded to the Lions, for example, and gets them to 9-7 next year. McD never hears the end of it, because we do not win 9 games next year without Jay.

Jay will not win 9 games with the Lions next year. That's a putrid team. He would have one weapon, no defense...

And you didn't answer the question.

If Denver trades Jay

And Jay puts up monster numbers without a winning record (which, by the way, seems to be his MO), and the Broncos finish 8-8 again with a quarterback who wants to play, what do you say then?

DrFate
03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Cutler goes on to have a successful career in Detroit/Tampa/wherever.

McSparky is fired after the 2010 season after two top-10 draft picks.

Bowlen never lives this move down.

Broncos_OTM
03-16-2009, 08:49 AM

With so much heveal, Roster turnaround, New schemes. i wasnt expecting much. and this was before the whole daycare incident

Broncomutt
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM

I agree with OTM. Cutler is no longer part of the solution, he's part of the problem, just like the ****ers we cut on defense.

If McDaniels puts up anything better than 4-12 I'll be happy given the Shanny mess he's been tasked with clearing up....and now a "babydoll" QB who's been repeatedly told he's a notch above what he really is.

Hell, all this only serves to strengthen my support of McDaniels.

lex
03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
I agree with OTM. Cutler is no longer part of the solution, he's part of the problem, just like the ****ers we cut on defense.

If McDaniels puts up anything better than 4-12 I'll be happy given the Shanny mess he's been tasked with clearing up....and now a "babydoll" QB who's been repeatedly told he's a notch above what he really is.

Hell, all this only serves to strengthen my support of McDaniels.

Denver wasnt 8-8 last year. If they were 8-8 with that mess, 4-12 is hardly acceptable.

missingnumber7
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
With so much heveal, Roster turnaround, New schemes. i wasnt expecting much. and this was before the whole daycare incident

That should all make for good news for those of us on the season ticket waiting list.

broncofan
03-16-2009, 10:56 AM
McD will have 3 average seasons as HC then be traded to Tampa for 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 8 million in cash.

HEAV
03-16-2009, 11:09 AM

At this point, Cutler is the problem.

colonelbeef
03-16-2009, 11:25 AM
At this point, Cutler is the problem.

It is completely hilarious how duplicitous some of you are in your assessment of this situation. The guy who has been bull****ting (not to mention exhibiting extremely questionable judgment RE: Cutler and his ability vs. Matt [Frank Reich Jr.] Cassel) is beyond reproach, meanwhile the QB who has maintained the very same stance the entire time is the bad guy. When has Jay Cutler ever refused to play hard? Show me where he had an attitude after beginning to work with McDaniels. Guy has been promise things over and over, and Bowlen on down have proven to be less than genuine regarding their word.

Guess what? 25 year old star QB's have egos. The best player Denver has ever had had a massive ego, and, gasp, a history or conflict with management.

This entire episode is a ****up of the kind a franchise does not walk away from. The Broncos were lucky in finding Cutler in the first place, Shanahan's best personnel move after Terrell Davis.

McDaniels is letting his ego get in the way of his relationship with his star QB. "We will not be trading Jay Cutler for draft picks".. wonderful, are you saying that you might for the right player? Tedy Bruschi? why is it so hard for McDaniels to tell Jay he is his guy going forward, no questions asked? Cutler did nothing short of play his ass off every day for this franchise. Why is McDaniels antagonizing him by intimating that his dedication is in question?

Incredibly hard headed approach, and McDaniels does not posses the gravitas to win this battle.

HEAV
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
It is completely hilarious how duplicitous some of you are in your assessment of this situation. The guy who has been bull****ting (not to mention exhibiting extremely questionable judgment RE: Cutler and his ability vs. Matt [Frank Reich Jr.] Cassel) is beyond reproach, meanwhile the QB who has maintained the very same stance the entire time is the bad guy. When has Jay Cutler ever refused to play hard? Show me where he had an attitude after beginning to work with McDaniels. Guy has been promise things over and over, and Bowlen on down have proven to be less than genuine regarding their word.

Guess what? 25 year old star QB's have egos. The best player Denver has ever had had a massive ego, and, gasp, a history or conflict with management.

This entire episode is a ****up of the kind a franchise does not walk away from. The Broncos were lucky in finding Cutler in the first place, Shanahan's best personnel move after Terrell Davis.

McDaniels is letting his ego get in the way of his relationship with his star QB. "We will not be trading Jay Cutler for draft picks".. wonderful, are you saying that you might for the right player? Tedy Bruschi? why is it so hard for McDaniels to tell Jay he is his guy going forward, no questions asked? Cutler did nothing short of play his ass off every day for this franchise. Why is McDaniels antagonizing him by intimating that his dedication is in question?

Incredibly hard headed approach, and McDaniels does not posses the gravitas to win this battle.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/892/crybabyj.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crybabyj.jpg)

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 11:38 AM

For it to drag on like this, and given the history of the agent, this is merely a ploy to get a bigger contract and that's it.

SureShot
03-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Bowlen already stated his position on Cutler. I also think there is more to this story that the media hasn't hit on yet. I think Jay wants out to cash in and it appears so far that the Broncos aren't willing to renegotiate a long term contract for a reason. What else could it be other than the uncertainty of his diabetes? It has to factor in this situation.

The Broncos had two more years to evaluate Jay and his health under the old contract. Now they've been given a deadline by Cutler. Why wouldn't Jay force a trade knowing that his years in the NFL could suddenly be numbered?

I think if the Broncos had any doubts about the beetus he would be move for picks pronto.

The Broncos are going to pay Cutler.

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd sit on him. If he doesn't want to play and holds out until week whatever that'll be even better because he's under contract and I don't have to pay him a game check. How much is a QB that hasn't seen the field in two seasons worth? I guess we'll find out if some team signs Michael Vick.

BroncoBuff
03-16-2009, 11:55 AM

First you say Cutler is the problem ... but then in bold you identifty the ACTUAL problem.

Josh is a child, in over his head.

BroncoBuff
03-16-2009, 11:56 AM

POST.OF.THE.MONTH ^5

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 11:58 AM

Boy howdy, you're right! how dare he say (the day after the rumors of Cutler for Cassel) "We are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."??? HOW DARE HE! That's not enough for Cutler, the world-beating 17-20 starter for YOUR Denver Broncos! McD should wipe his ass and help him blow his nose too!

HOW DARE HE!!!

WolfpackGuy
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Well, looks my blue, white, and orange Cutler jerseys ain't gonna be worth much.
****!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
First you say Cutler is the problem ... but then in bold you identifty the ACTUAL problem.

Josh is a child, in over his head.

That's odd... the Free Agents we've signed have all said that McD's people skills made the difference, had them drinking the orange kool aid.

Perhaps you need to look at Bus Cook's "people skills."

Broncos4tw
03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
And Jay puts up monster numbers without a winning record (which, by the way, seems to be his MO), and the Broncos finish 8-8 again with a quarterback who wants to play, what do you say then?

Yea.. it's apparently Jay's fault that our pathetic, anemic defense managed a whopping 6 ints on the year, worst in the league. Ravens? 26. Broncos? 6. THAT is why you lose game even when putting up #'s. Because ALL QBs make turnovers. ALL teams fumble. The successful teams just get the ball BACK on occasion, to give their offense a chance to score. You are kind of screwed if you can't ever get a turnover.

And it's McD's JOB to make us competitive.. by I dunno.. giving us a QB that doesn't suck? How hard has he really tried to get Cutler back into the organization? Sounds like not at all. From what Cutler has said (unless you want to call him a bald-face liar.. and why not?... apparently he is the 'bad' one here, even though McD hasn't done a damn thing for our team yet, other than disrupt it), he WANTS to be a Bronco. And it sounded like McD didn't even give the slighest hint that he wanted him in the organization.

He is doing a very poor head coaching job so far, imo. In all his 'brilliance' we will be left with a no-name QB, and a losing record for years to come. woot.. go McD! Our hero.