PDA

View Full Version : CBS4: Cutler and Scheffler will not report

Pages : [1] 2

montrose
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Just reported by Reggie Rivers.

SoCalBronco
Bowlen should be disappointed in himself. Great job in allowing the thing to degenerate to this point. What ever happened to "taking over my team".

Gcver2ver3
thats hilarious...

broncofan2438
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
This offseason sucks ass

Gcver2ver3
Bowlen should be disappointed in himself.

yes he should...

for not trading those pansies two weeks ago...

good point...8') ...

RunSilentRunDeep
Jay and Tony can sleep in -- in each others' arms.

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Bye-bye.

Bronx33
that's cute really freaking cute.

Hamrob
Disapointed in both parties...meaning Jay and Tony? Give me a break! Mickey-D wants to trade them...it's just a matter of time. Why show up and play the big BS game of make nice...when it's just a matter of time. After all...it is a business!

Ray Finkle
Chris Simms....new starting QB? eww.....at least he is a professional.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Until this is confirmed, I'll just say it does not suprise me.

Denver724

F**k em. I am getting real tired of their complaining. Their cap numbers are manageable enough to let them sit all season if they choose. Here's hoping for #1 and #20 from the Lions for both.

barryr
I'm sure their teammates will think really highly of them. I guess you showed the coach.

MechanicalBull
Give me a freaking break. This story should've been ended weeks ago. I want Cutler as my QB, I hate to say but act like an adult and kiss and make up or get the heck out.

socalorado
So thats that.
I see
Cutler/Sheffler to CLE for Quinn/Rogers, or something like that.

Popps
Hey Rev,

Can we talk about it now?

:)

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:13 PM
You guys think Cutler/Sheffler have a thing?

Just sayin'.

Denver724
03-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Disapointed in both parties...meaning Jay and Tony? Give me a break! Mickey-D wants to trade them...it's just a matter of time. Why show up and play the big BS game of make nice...when it's just a matter of time. After all...it is a business!

I disagree. I think McDaniel will let them sit and not trade them if he cannot get what he wants. Perfect opportunity to prove a point to the rest of the team.

24champ
03-15-2009, 04:14 PM
It's over. Jay won't be our QB next season.

garandman
Great... This is a huge powerplay between Cooke and McDaniels.. And your very right, Bowlen is a gutless-drunk. How can a man be so successful and just bungle something that would have been fairly easy to fix if he would have tried.

Denver724
So thats that.
I see
Cutler/Sheffler to CLE for Quinn/Rogers, or something like that.

Not enough for a Pro Bowl QB and a productive pass catching TE (when healthy). I think the coach wants to go with Simms. Maybe if they throw in #5.

montrose
Cutler Will Not Show Up Tomorrow
By Vic Lombardi, CBS4

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler will not report for the team's voluntary workout on Monday. Cutler and his agent met with the Broncos yesterday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler remains in Denver where he recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler also intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
You know, Cassel and Simms are very similar, except that Simms is a lefty.

theAPAOps5
Scheffler will still get hurt. Trade the cancers out of here. Thats what they have become.

socalorado
It's over. Jay won't be our QB next season.

NOPE. Great avatar by the way. Those Kings Sweaters were the best. Too bad the loser wanna be thugs ruined it for everyone

GreatBronco16
03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Well the trade won't happen till draft day more than likely. Can't wait to see what we get.

I'm sooooo disapointed in Cutler and the front office.

You know if we could afford to do so, I'd make them sit all damn year long.

Archer81
03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Thats gaytastic...

:Broncos:

socalorado
03-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Not enough for a Pro Bowl QB and a productive pass catching TE (when healthy). I think the coach wants to go with Simms. Maybe if they throw in #5.

Doesnt matter now. They may need to get what they can get. And your not taking into account the pro bowl NT

bpc
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I brought this up earlier. How stupid is McDaniels? It's bad enough that he's hung Jay out like a piece of meat just to prove a point. Look at Scheffler: Josh just threw his out ass on the trade block and didn't say anything more about it.

McBastage is a grade A POS.

And some of you guys respect this piece of garbage? The guy can't handle two minor issues with players two months into the job, you think this is going to get better when their are live bullets coming at him during the season? When this team is 4-12 next season?

This guy is going to be an epic fail.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
well nobody expected anything from Brady and we see how that worked out...

last season nobody expected anything out of Cassell and we see how that worked out...

currently nobody expects anything out of Chris Simms and ___________...

maybe this season we'll be able to fill in the blank...

montrose
What a shock that the only two players to publicly bitch are skipping out on their teammates.

barryr
Cutler and his agent must also think they are proving a point by providing the story to the media of not reporting instead of just not doing it tomorrow.

SoCalBronco
I brought this up earlier. How stupid is McDaniels? It's bad enough that he's hung Jay out like a piece of meat just to prove a point. Look at Scheffler: Josh just threw his out on the trade block and didn't say anything more about it.

And some of you guys respect this piece of garbage? The guy can't handle two minor issues with players two month into the job, you think this is going to get better when their are live bullets coming at him during the season? When this team is 4-12 next season?

He's a scumbag, no doubt. A real scumbag.

fido
I disagree. I think McDaniel will let them sit and not trade them if he cannot get what he wants. Perfect opportunity to prove a point to the rest of the team.

but maybe truly destroy the bronco organization in the process? trade them and be done with it.......

Rabb

I agree with you, and Jay and Tony would be stupid to let this happen

socalorado
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
What a shock that the only two players to publicly b**** are skipping out on their teammates. **** this. I'd rather get a package from Cleveland that includes Quinn and Rodgers but part of me says banish them to Detroit.

I'd rather have Quinn since he knows MCDs system, and i would think that so does MCD. Plus Rogers is a HUGE plus. That makes DENs issues going into this draft alot easier.

But yeah, F all that! Banish them to DET!!!

24champ
He's a scumbag, no doubt. A real scumbag.

Hopefully Urban Meyer's takes over next off-season.;D

oubronco
Chris Simms....new starting QB? eww.....at least he is a professional.

he fuggin SUCKS so fuggin bad man

I hate Mcdaniels

Rabb
03-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Scheffler has some brass ones for this, because while I like the guy and love his potential...is is far from something we cannot replace

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 04:22 PM

I hate Mcdaniels

How about ramsey you want him taking the snaps?

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Hopefully Urban Meyer's takes over next off-season.;D

haha

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 04:24 PM
By Vic Lombardi, CBS4

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler will not report for the team's voluntary workout on Monday. Cutler and his agent met with the Broncos yesterday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler remains in Denver where he recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler also intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

Hate to say I called it, but I called it.

oubronco
How about ramsey you want him taking the snaps?

Hell NO I want Cutler!!!!

I hate Mcdaniels

backup qb
Anyone who thinks Quinn would be an upgrade is crazy. He sucks. This sucks. Life sucks. We finally get what appears to be "the guy" and it all goes up in smoke. Simms sucks. Well, Bowlen you got your wish and you F'd it all up. Nice work. Maybe I'll start rooting for the Texans.

Captain 'Dre
I'm sure their teammates will think really highly of them. I guess you showed the coach.

Does Jay not see that he's only making himself look worse?!?

Unbelieveable! How dense can the guy be?!?

24champ
03-15-2009, 04:25 PM
By the way I think Jay ends up on the Vikings.

fido

I hate Mcdaniels

bowlen chose the guy...his money....his nfl franchise....me, just a fan gettin pissed......just like everyone else....my dollar will probably go somewhere else, but damn, hate to see this happen to MY team.....

oubronco
I hate Mcdaniels

Hercules Rockefeller
Hate to say I called it, but I called it.

What are the Powerball numbers for Wednesday Nostradamus?

TheReverend
Hey Rev,

Can we talk about it now?

:)

There's nothing mandatory about Monday aside from what coach has dubbed the "Mandatory Meeting". Minicamps are mandatory, but frankly I'd be surprised if he even shows up before TC.

barryr
03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Does Jay not see that he's only making himself look worse?!?

I guess he only cares about himself and his teammates can stick it.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow! and both of them just happen to be Bus Cook clients! Shocking.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I'd rather have Quinn since he knows MCDs system, and i would think that so does MCD. Plus Rogers is a HUGE plus. That makes DENs issues going into this draft alot easier.

But yeah, F all that! Banish them to DET!!!

Say what?

BroncoInferno
I brought this up earlier. How stupid is McDaniels? It's bad enough that he's hung Jay out like a piece of meat just to prove a point. Look at Scheffler: Josh just threw his out on the trade block and didn't say anything more about it.

And some of you guys respect this piece of garbage? The guy can't handle two minor issues with players two month into the job, you think this is going to get better when their are live bullets coming at him during the season? When this team is 4-12 next season?

I can't believe some of you respect two guys bailing on their teammates because their feelings got hurt. ****'em.

broncocalijohn

Maybe Tony but Cutler is told he is not going to be traded (publically). If it happens, it is out of his control. He should show up as a captain of this team and perform as expected. Amazing I have started the shift from Pro Cutler to Anti Cutler.

theAPAOps5
Cutler has become a cancer.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 04:28 PM
What are the Powerball numbers for Wednesday Nostradamus?

Which one?:kiss:

socalorado
03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Say what?

I am under the impression, and i could be wrong, but doesnt MCD run Charlie Weiss' system? and didnt Weiss run that system with Quinn at ND?
Or is this all just an urban legend?

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Cutler has become a cancer.

Not yet. It can still be resolved. D-day is the first day of mini-camp.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Thats true he is pre-cancerous.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
I am under the impression, and i could be wrong, but doesnt MCD run Charlie Weiss' system? and didnt Weiss run that system with Quinn at ND?

Hmmmm... the terminology might be very similar and that's more than half the battle. You could be on to something, but I'd guess the playbooks are dramatically different in size and complexity.

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
who the **** keeps nuking htreads?

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:33 PM

D-day is week six, the trade deadline.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:33 PM
who the **** keeps nuking htreads?

Seriously? They are merging them because you weren't the first person to post it. You were the 7th.

spdirty
03-15-2009, 04:34 PM
I wish the entire team showed solidarity and unity by not showing up tomorrow. I hate you with such a ****in passion McDip****.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Because the rest of the team are freaking on board THEY GET IT. Don't be retarded spdirty.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Hmmmm... the terminology might be very similar and that's more than half the battle. You could be on to something, but I'd guess the playbooks are dramatically different in size and complexity.

I get the sense that that is part of the reason for the CLE rumors. That MCD wants Quinn cause he has an understanding of MCDs(Weiss) playbook. It wont take him long to learn the rest of it and run it.

eddie mac
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
McD has certainly earned my respect so far. The way he retains it is by not giving into the bitch and her agent and making the ****er rot at home. Play Simms cos this season is a scratch anyway.

barryr
03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
The rest of the team wouldn't skip out since they didn't have their little, bitty feelings hurt. Hopefully Cook found Cutler and Scheffler pacifiers, the big babies. Someone buy Cutler a purse for Christmas.

clint7
03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Now Cutler and Scheffler can spend the day watching "Steel Magnolias" and "Beaches" while discussing how mean and cruel the world has been to them lately. Poor fellas. Such an evil world out there for professional athletes. I feel for them.

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
McD has certainly earned my respect so far. The way he retains it is by not giving into the b**** and her agent and making the ****er rot at home. Play Simms cos this season is a scratch anyway.

No wonder you're one of my favorite posters.

SouthStndJunkie
This whole cluster**** sucks a fat dog's ass.

Man-Goblin
D-day is week six, the trade deadline.

I still maintain this thing will be resolved by Mini-camp. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail...

But hell, if we're gonna go to week 6, we might as well go to week 10 when Cutler and his beer pong buddy have to report to get their pay on. Bus wouldn't want to miss the 120k or so in residuals he would be due on both their contracts this year.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
McD has certainly earned my respect so far. The way he retains it is by not giving into the b**** and her agent and making the ****er rot at home. Play Simms cos this season is a scratch anyway.

Scratching this season isn't what Bowlen says he's in this business for.

St. Louis coach got canned for benching ****ing Bulger...

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Another thing hurts as well is Rivers and SD was right about Cutler he is a HUGE BABY.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I wish the entire team showed solidarity and unity by not showing up tomorrow. I hate you with such a ****in passion McDip****.

Wow, your a loser.

scttgrd
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
A coach is easier to replace than a talent like Cutler. You made the first move and mistake McDaniels, and opened the door for for Bus Cooke to make his move. Jay will get his money and lead his new team to the playoffs before the Broncos. And that just pisses me off to no end.

Bronx33
No wonder you're one of my favorite posters.

I concur..

skpac1001

No kidding. The farther this goes on, the more obvious to me that Cutler and the rest of the young players who have never played under anyone not named Shanny really need a kick of NFL reality. I doubt the grass will be greener.

BroncoInferno

If Simms stays healthy, I have a a feeling that he will have a solid year. He's had kind of hard luck in his career. He seemed to be coming along pretty well in Tampa until the spleen injury damn near killed him and he hasn't really been the same since. But with our OL and receivers, I am fairly optimistic that he can be successful for us.

That said, I'd rather a trade that included someone like Quinn who could at least compete with Simms. Garcia is out there too and could make a good stop-gap. He's the sort of high efficiency player who could work well in McD's system. I'm not planning to throw in the towel on the season just because Cutler wants to be a selfish, egocentric prick.

Meck77
03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
You know I can just see mopey and his boyfriend doing this right about now.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaiSHcHM0PA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaiSHcHM0PA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bronco militia
jay can ****ing rot for all I care.....

god damn it.....the broncos are ****ed!

Bronx33
Another thing hurts as well is Rivers and SD was right about Cutler he is a HUGE BABY.

Some folks would rather the FO fold over to every agents demand so they can sleep well knowing whos behind center.

montrose
03-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Bingo.

eddie mac

Rev you know where I'm coming from with that. 2 new systems, **** of a schedule, IMHO we weren't doing **** with Cutler in 09 anyway despite what Bowlen's looking for.

theAPAOps5
I can see Mopey and his boy toy renacting the WHO's coming with me. And everyone just staring at him.

TheReverend
If Simms stays healthy, I have a a feeling that he will have a solid year. He's had kind of hard luck in his career. He seemed to be coming along pretty well in Tampa until the spleen injury and he hasn't really been the same since. But with our OL and receivers, I fairly optimistic that he can be successful for us. That said, I'd rather a trade that included someone like Quinn who could at least compete with Simms. Garcia is out there to and could make a good stop-gap. He's the sort of high efficiency player who could work well in McD's system. I'm not planning to throw in the towel on the season just because Cutler wants to be a selfish, egocentric prick.

Sounds like someone who hasn't followed Chris Simms closely!

Meck77
03-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Back off the ledge Militia. Just a little negotiating going on. This has nothing to do with the trade or Jay's feelings anymore.

It's about cold hard cash money. That's it.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Rev you know where I'm coming from with that. 2 new systems, **** of a schedule, IMHO we weren't doing **** with Cutler in 09 anyway despite what Bowlen's looking for.

Four years ago we had a carbon copy of the schedule, played both SB teams, and won 13 reg season games, and hosted the AFCCG with a vastly inferior offense.

A willingness to throw in the towel before the season even begins is a lack of faith in the team and organization.

Rabb
03-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Well if it truly is the system, Simms could be Cassel 2.0 no?

Not saying he WILL...just saying, who thought McDaniels would get Cassel to do what he did?

I agree with eddie mac to the nth degree, next season was going to be garbage anyhow (I am surprised this is not said more...all I could read earlier when the schedule was talked about was how we will be lucky to go 8-8) so why not.

Such a shame too, Cutler is turning out to be a real douche

Kaylore
03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Some of you Cutler homers are hilarious. I love how you're blaming McDaniels for both of them now. You know what I hope they do? I hope they ship Cutler to Detroit and Scheffler to the Bengals.

Bronx33
The negotiating is hardly over folks now put the shape knives away chances are they come to an agreement with jay the bitch cutler and his bitch agent before the season starts. ( i hope the trade his ass)

broncofan2438

Yup, thats how I feel

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Back off the ledge Militia. Just a little negotiating going on. This has nothing to do with the trade or Jay's feelings anymore.

It's about cold hard cash money. That's it.

I've been telling myself that for 3 weeks now....

but jay hiding behind his agent is a chicken **** move. he can go **** himself regardless of a trade or not.

**** you brian griese

**** you jake plummer

and **** you jay cutler!

spdirty
03-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Wow, your a loser.

No, I just dont support loser regimes with my money.

Finger Roll
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM
good trade him I can't take his 13 year old school girl behavior anymore. I want a qb who will set good examples not pout over everthing.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM

but jay hiding behind his agent is a chicken **** move. he can go **** himself regardless of a trade or not.

**** you brian griese

**** you jake plummer

and **** you jay cutler!

Are you still mad your thread got moved?

Relax. Just pay Jay more than his craptastic backup and its all good.

spdirty
03-15-2009, 04:55 PM

**** you brian griese

**** you jake plummer

and **** you jay cutler!

Bet you 3 grand that whatever team Jay winds up on wins a ring before the Broncos do.

Kaylore
03-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Cutler and Scheffler were getting wasted before together before games. As far as I'm concerned they didn't give a crap about the team last season anyway with that kind of behavior.

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Sounds like someone who hasn't followed Chris Simms closely!

I have, and I certainly can understand why some folks would not be comfortable with him. Hell, I even said I want us to bring in some competition either via trade or maybe Garcia. But Simms seemed to be coming along OK in 2005 before that serious injury. After that, he has not been the same but wasn't necessarily in a great situation either. I would be fairly optimistic for a few reasons:

1) He has the tools to be a successful QB and is still young at 28.
2) He is considered a good kid who would likely accept coaching.
3) He will be in good situation with our OL and receivers, plus McDs QB friendly system.

Again, I don't blame anyone for being skeptical, and I certainly want him to have some competition, but I think he has the chance to be successful given the reasons above.

bronco militia

nahhh...thats' ok...since when did this place get smart?

anyway, Jay cutler is on my **** list until further notice

Finger Roll
No, I just dont support loser regimes with my money.

I'd rather support a 4-12 team then a 8-8 team with a prom queen as the qb.

cabronco
Well this whole fiasco sucks eggs , but smells worse. I finally get excited about a QB who has big potential after rummaging through soo many since Elway. I've been frustrated for years that Shanahan & Co. wouldnt field a solid defense and would go dumpster diving to find d-lineman. Shanahan gets ousted and things are looking up, I like the changes and additions that McD & Xanders have done with the team so far. I just didnt expect JC not to be our future Qb. I also have seen a side of JC that needs some maturing. I hope the coaches continue to solidify the defense and get the best trade for Cutler, if in fact it does happen.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
nahhh...thats' ok...since when did this place get smart?

anyway, Jay cutler is on my **** list until further notice

All **** lists need to be submitted to Bus Cook. Thank you.

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Bet you 3 grand that whatever team Jay winds up on wins a ring before the Broncos do.

LOL...I'll save you some money and not take that bet

:~ohyah!:

Meck77
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM

Bingo.....

I didn't realize how low Jay's salary was until this new article hit. I'm sure Jay was careless with his money at first. He probably sunk quite a bit in the stock market also so whatever he put in there is about half of what it was.

He also purchased a home in parker at the top of the market for $1.3 M. Bought a home for his parents 800k and the other loft downtown.

Add in the tax ramifications, a backup making more than Jay, and you have the answer.

Jay wants to be shown the money. If the Broncos want to keep him that is all they have to do. Jay err I mean Bus cook just haven't gone on record yet.

The end.......

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM

Uh huh, this board would absolutely meltdown if they were 4-12 and not one person would say I'll take it because Jay isn't QB anymore.

24champ
Cutler and Scheffler were getting wasted before together before games. As far as I'm concerned they didn't give a crap about the team last season anyway with that kind of behavior.

If that is the case, then everyone at Dove Valley is a drunk...and if Mickey D isn't then he will be shortly with all this crap.

NFLBRONCO
Well this whole fiasco sucks eggs , but smells worse. I finally get excited about a QB who has big potential after rummaging through soo many since Elway. I've been frustrated for years that Shanahan & Co. wouldnt field a solid defense and would go dumpster diving to find d-lineman. Shanahan gets ousted and things are looking up, I like the changes and additions that McD & Xanders have done with the team so far. I just didnt expect JC not to be our future Qb. I also have seen a side of JC that needs some maturing. I hope the coaches continue to solidify the defense and get the best trade for Cutler, if in fact it does happen.

If Cutler matures we'll regret it but, if he doesn't who knows this might be common problem with Jay.

spdirty

Id rather not support a team with my money than support a regime that can **** up a wet dream.

UboBronco
03-15-2009, 05:00 PM
What ever trade that happens, should there even be one, I would like to see it be for 1st round choices next season. I would love to have Sam Bradford, the kid is the next Brady/Montana, overly accurate but not a great athlete, and has his priorities of getting better and being a team player in place. Not sure how we can pull it off, but I would love it.

How about this trade, Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler (the three amigos) along with our #48 to detroit for #20, #33, Calvin Johnson, and next seasons number one.

Not great on figuing out trades, but I would do this, but better okay it with Cutler and his amigos first.. Would not want any hurt feelings now.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Id rather not support a team with my money than support a regime that can **** up a wet dream.

Yep. Express your dissatisfaction through your pocketbook. That is the best way to give them your opinion about how they are operating their business. You HAVE to hit Bowlen in the pocketbook and hit him HARD. Then maybe he'll wake up and see how these people have hijacked his proud and wonderful franchise....our proud and wonderful franchise. It's tough love. We do it because we care.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
If Cutler matures we'll regret it but, if he doesn't who knows this might be common problem with Jay.

Problem is the owners can't afford to gamble on when or if the player will mature one thing is for sure cutlers agent has done a piss poor job of informing his client.

Rabb
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
You know the most important lesson for fans that should come from all of this?

Don't ever, ever buy a jersey of a player that has not retired already with no chance of return.

The first, last and only jersey I will ever own for the Broncos is John Elway's

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
I have, and I certainly can understand why some folks would not be comfortable with him. Hell, I even said I want us to bring in some competition either via trade or maybe Garcia. But Simms seemed to be coming along OK in 2005 before that serious injury. After that, he has not been the same but wasn't necessarily in a great situation either. I would be fairly optimistic for a few reasons:

1) He has the tools to be a successful QB and is still young at 28.
2) He is considered a good kid who would likely accept coaching.
3) He will be in good situation with our OL and receivers, plus McDs QB friendly system.

Again, I don't blame anyone for being skeptical, and I certainly want him to have some competition, but I think he has the chance to be successful given the reasons above.

I'd say the competition in Tampa and Tennessee were both great situations to solidify yourself as a starting QB...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I think I might actually go to Fan Fare this year to see Pat and McD face the fans. It'd probably be in PB's best interest to cancel it.

scttgrd
This year will be painfull if they are crazy enough to follow through with this BS.

SureShot

Uh oh I think I hear the sirens of the Moral Police.

SoCalBronco
I think I might actually go to Fan Fare this year to see Pat and McD face the fans. It'd probably be in PB's best interest to cancel it.

Probably. I don't think he has the balls to face people. I don't think either them have the balls to look people in the eye.

24champ
03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
What ever trade that happens, should there even be one, I would like to see it be for 1st round choices next season. I would love to have Sam Bradford, the kid is the next Brady/Montana, overly accurate but not a great athlete, and has his priorities of getting better and being a team player in place. Not sure how we can pull it off, but I would love it.

How about this trade, Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler (the three amigos) along with our #48 to detroit for #20, #33, Calvin Johnson, and next seasons number one.

Not great on figuing out trades, but I would do this, but better okay it with Cutler and his amigos first.. Would not want any hurt feelings now.

We aren't going to get equal value for Jay. Probably a couple draft picks and thats it.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:06 PM
We aren't going to get equal value for Jay. Probably a couple draft picks and thats it.

How do you find equal value for Cutler at his cap hit?!?!?!??!

BroncoInferno
I'd say the competition in Tampa and Tennessee were both great situations to solidify yourself as a starting QB...

Tampa did not have very good OL recently and only OK WRs. I think Fisher went with Collins because he knew what he had and that Kerry wouldn't do anything spectacular but nothing dumb either. Like I said, I understand skepticism but I feel OK about Simms with some competition and the situation he'll have here.

spdirty
Yep. Express your dissatisfaction through your pocketbook. That is the best way to give them your opinion about how they are operating their business. You HAVE to hit Bowlen in the pocketbook and hit him HARD. Then maybe he'll wake up and see how these people have hijacked his proud and wonderful franchise....our proud and wonderful franchise. It's tough love.

I will never ever ever ever stop rooting for this franchise. The way I see it this is Denvers team before its anyone else's. But I cannot put into words how ****ing pissed I am at these people. If Cutler gets traded Pat Bowlen will regret it for the rest of his ****ing life. And Josh McDaniels will be a joke for the rest of his coaching days.

This will be much worse than Atlanta trading Favre. Or Portland taking Bowie. Or San Diego taking Leaf. Because they know what they have in Cutler. If they trade him, I cannot think of a bigger **** up in the history of the NFL.

montrose
Yep. Express your dissatisfaction through your pocketbook. That is the best way to give them your opinion about how they are operating their business. You HAVE to hit Bowlen in the pocketbook and hit him HARD. Then maybe he'll wake up and see how these people have hijacked his proud and wonderful franchise....our proud and wonderful franchise. It's tough love. We do it because we care.

Absolutely. If you're not happy with the management of your team, don't support them financially. I refuse to attend one Rockies game, purchase one Rockies item or watch one Rockies game on TV this season because of the Monforts. If you one of those very upset with what Bowlen has done, don't pay to go to games, don't buy merchandise and don't give your TV ratings to Broncos games - it's the best way you can make an impact.

Note, I am biased though as I'm hoping a lot of people will drop their season tickets so I can move up the list!

Borks147
03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
You know the most important lesson for fans that should come from all of this?

Don't ever, ever buy a jersey of a player that has not retired already with no chance of return.

The first, last and only jersey I will ever own for the Broncos is John Elway's

sigh....well at least my Champ jersey is still useful. the Lynch jersey might come out of the closet since he never played a regular season game with the Patriots.

Next jersey I'll buy will be a Nalen one. That was one tough mother****er

Hercules Rockefeller

It's a franchise QB who just played his 3rd season, you can never get equal return. The Oilers were never going to get equal return for Gretzky either. But there will be enough interested teams that Denver will be able to get a good return.

UboBronco

Then let them sit on the bench this year, since the salary is so favorable.

I do not think McDaniels will just ship them out for peanuts.

I thought my trade proposal was already undervaluing a Pro Bowl QB.

So we will have to wait and see.

Taco John
Well the trade won't happen till draft day more than likely. Can't wait to see what we get.

I'm sooooo disapointed in Cutler and the front office.

You know if we could afford to do so, I'd make them sit all damn year long.

What good would that do us? We have needs to fill.

spdirty
03-15-2009, 05:09 PM

I think I would go to that. And take my son with me. And both of us will wear our Cutler jerseys. But **** that I wont give em another dime till this worthless pos coach we have is gone.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Then let them sit on the bench this year, since the salary is so favorable.

I do not think McDaniels will just ship them out for peanuts.

I thought my trade proposal was already undervaluing a Pro Bowl QB.

So we will have to wait and see.

That's taking even more steps back for a team that needs leaps forward to catch the Chargers.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Absolutely. If you're not happy with the management of your team, don't support them financially. I refuse to attend one Rockies game, purchase one Rockies item or watch one Rockies game on TV this season because of the Monforts. If you one of those very upset with what Bowlen has done, don't pay to go to games, don't buy merchandise and don't give your TV ratings to Broncos games - it's the best way you can make an impact.

Note, I am biased though as I'm hoping a lot of people will drop their season tickets so I can move up the list!

Personally, I am still going to buy Sunday Ticket because I need to watch them, even if its ugly, I need to watch them. I won't be buying any new jersies or any new merchandise, though.

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 05:10 PM

That could be the case, but it depends on how McD plays his hand. There's no doubt teams are going to posture for a fire sale deal, but what McD needs to do is say, "Jay's under contract with us for two more seasons and we aren't going to move him unless we get what we feel is equal value." Then he needs to dig his heels in and be prepared to let Jay rot away at home until someone gives him a deal he wants.

gadlaw
03-15-2009, 05:11 PM

I hate Mcdaniels

Same here. What a giant douche. And whoever wants that big whiny baby Brady Quinn - I just don't know what life must be like on planet Clueless where you all came from. This has been disaster central, uncharacteristic for the Bronco's. Humm, what's different here? Ah, that's it - the arrival of the McFail Train and his secretive Cheatacheck ways.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Personally, I am still going to buy Sunday Ticket because I need to watch them, even if its ugly, I need to watch them. I won't be buying any new jersies or any new merchandise, though.

You need a new Fitzgerald jersey. Or ten.

montrose
03-15-2009, 05:12 PM

Yeah I couldn't imagine missing a game. But then again, I'm actually happy with Bowlen right now. The closest I've been to wanting to protest the Broncos was the night after SD tore us a new one when Shanahan announced Slowik was coming back. I don't know if I could've taken that.

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
What good would that do us? We have needs to fill.

I agree, but teams are going to be looking for a fire sale deal and McD can't give into that. He needs to dig his heels in and make sure he gets fair value, and that could mean not moving Cutler for awhile until a team realizes McD isn't joking and steps up with an equal value offer.

24champ

Hmmm, interesting idea. I never went to Fan Fair because it was a kiddie event but I might go if the divorce goes through. Give them a piece of my mind...

oubronco
Same here. What a giant douche. And whoever wants that big whiny baby Brady Quinn - I just don't know what life must be like on planet Clueless where you all came from. This has been disaster central, uncharacteristic for the Bronco's. Humm, what's different here? Ah, that's it - the arrival of the McFail Train and his secretive Cheatacheck ways.

AMEN

gadlaw
03-15-2009, 05:14 PM

Yeah that worked out 'great' didn't it? All those National Championships, and then that Weiss guy, oh yeah, he's been really burning them up winning all those big games. Oh wait - that's not happening either.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah I couldn't imagine missing a game. But then again, I'm actually happy with Bowlen right now. The closest I've been to wanting to protest the Broncos was the night after SD tore us a new one when Shanahan announced Slowik was coming back. I don't know if I could've taken that.

Sharing is caring

http://ulsu.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/war-on-drugs22.jpg

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah that worked out 'great' didn't it? All those National Championships, and then that Weiss guy, oh yeah, he's been really burning them up winning all those big games. Oh wait - that's not happening either.

That wasn't his point, though.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
$100,000 workout bonus (gone) your agent rocks jay!

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Sharing is caring

http://ulsu.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/war-on-drugs22.jpg

Damn bro what kind of Chili are you making? ANd when will it be ready?

SoCalBronco
That could be the case, but it depends on how McD plays his hand. There's no doubt teams are going to posture for a fire sale deal, but what McD needs to do is say, "Jay's under contract with us for two more seasons and we aren't going to move him unless we get what we feel is equal value." Then he needs to dig his heels in and be prepared to let Jay rot away at home until someone gives him a deal he wants.

Except that McD is playing on borrowed time. If this approach is adopted and the response of Team Cutler is to wait him out, they'll go 4-12 this year and then Pat might wake up and see that this is a disaster. That could result in McD having 2 years instead of 3.

TheReverend

$100,000 workout bonus < roughly $40 million guaranteed

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 05:17 PM

he gets the bonus if he attends 90% of the workouts...

socalorado
03-15-2009, 05:17 PM

Hey, cumrag, i didnt say i like this situation, but thats what i think MCD is trying to do, em kay, numbnuts?
Dont take your crybaby, whiny 3rd grade anger out on posters just cause they are guessing what might happen.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 05:18 PM
bowlen chose the guy...his money....his nfl franchise....me, just a fan gettin pissed......just like everyone else....my dollar will probably go somewhere else, but damn, hate to see this happen to MY team.....

as a fan we technically control everything to do with Bowlen. if we decide to forego buying tickets to games, and merchandise, and all the amenities of buying **** in the stadium while at games, Bowlen is the one who will suffer.

if Jay is gone, i would bet on Bowlen losing a lot of money this upcoming season from fans who are pissed off that he allowed a rookie retard coach to **** up the franchise for the forseeable future.

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
funny that someone above called Brady Quinn a crybaby in defense of Jay Cutler....

probably one of the most clueless posts I've seen in a long time

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 05:20 PM

Some people call it professionalism. You do it to show people you are a pro. To show other teams you are worth the money if they do decide to trade for you.

By doing it this way a player only hurts his standing.

Especially a player like Scheff who has yet to make it through a yr not getting hurt.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:20 PM
he gets the bonus if he attends 90% of the workouts...

IF

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
$100,000 workout bonus < roughly $40 million guaranteed

PWNED.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Except that McD is playing on borrowed time. If this approach is adopted and the response of Team Cutler is to wait him out, they'll go 4-12 this year and then Pat might wake up and see that this is a disaster. That could result in McD having 2 years instead of 3.

Without Jay, and with Simms/insert rookie, we have a high chance of losing the battle with KC and Oak to be in the cellar of the west. Every stop gap we wasted 20-30 million on in FA will be useless by the time we're remotely relevant, and McDaniels will be fired by January.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Without Jay, and with Simms/insert rookie, we have a high chance of losing the battle with KC and Oak to be in the cellar of the west. Every stop gap we wasted 20-30 million on in FA will be useless by the time we're remotely relevant, and McDaniels will be fired by January.

Which is why i think MDC has a secret "back-up plan" for Quinn.
Couldnt get Cassell, so now hes going after the next best think in his opinion along with a pro bowl NT to grease the skids.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
ok, this is Reggie Rivers talking. i don't buy it yet. tomorrow when i check this **** out and see if they did or didn't show is when i am going to give a ****.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Which is why i think MDC has a secret "back-up plan" for Quinn.
Couldnt get Cassell, so now hes going after the next best think in his opinion along with a pro bowl NT to grease the skids.

so we dump a 25 year old pro bowler for a pretty boy the BROWNS don't want. a guy who can't take a starting job from Derek Anderson, and he is going to come in and be the savior in this bull****.

yeah that is ****ing awesome decision making by our new HC/GM. if only Mike Shanahan was that intelligent he would still have a job here.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM

McD being fired by January would be great, but unfortunately its a pipedream, bro. Bowlen has to save face. He sees that its turning to **** but he can't admit he was wrong. He's going to cling to it until the moment where its clear that he absolutely cannot anymore. It's a normal human reaction. Unfortunately I think he'll give him 2 years even if its ugly beyond belief, because its not about McD, its about Pat.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM

ok, as it stands now, in the best interest of the long term saving of this franchise McDouche needs to go.

so with that in mind, if he gets Jay traded, i want to see us be the bottom feeder of the AFC West next season so that Bowlen has no choice but to drop kick his stupid ass out of Denver and get us a good experienced coach to fix his **** up.

McDaniels is setting this franchise up to be a laughingstock doormat for the next decade, when he was brought in to make us competitive now. he has failed at his job, and if one season of being the worst in the west is what it will take to see him fired, i am prepared to endure the weekly ass kickings and stand by the rebuilding in later years.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Damn bro what kind of Chili are you making? ANd when will it be ready?

Would you believe I burnt the goddamn chili because of all the drama that went down here? Chili! Burnt! That's not that easy to do!

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Would you believe I burnt the goddamn chili because of all the drama that went down here? Chili! Burnt! That's not that easy to do!

Stupid McDaniels! He ruins everything!

barryr
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
ok, as it stands now, in the best interest of the long term saving of this franchise McDouche needs to go.

so with that in mind, if he gets Jay traded, i want to see us be the bottom feeder of the AFC West next season so that Bowlen has no choice but to drop kick his stupid ass out of Denver and get us a good experienced coach to fix his **** up.

McDaniels is setting this franchise up to be a laughingstock doormat for the next decade, when he was brought in to make us competitive now. he has failed at his job, and if one season of being the worst in the west is what it will take to see him fired, i am prepared to endure the weekly ass kickings and stand by the rebuilding in later years.

So a Bronco fan wants them to lose so he can be "right" about something. Pathetic.

Blueflame

Cue Popps to tell you that you're now a Chargers fan and offer you Chargers stuff in exchange for all the Broncos stuff you already own...

(that's what he did when I said I ain't buying any new Broncos stuff)...

gyldenlove

This could be a Brown/Belichick sized catastrophy, they left town, and spend 3 years recovering from Belichicks disasterous decisions.

I doubt the Broncos are going to move to Baltimore when we fire Mcdaniels, but I have no doubt we will suffer through a similar period of complete football irelevance.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:35 PM

Move the PC to the kitchen and if you have laptop ( no excuses mister)!

baja
03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
One question;

Would this ever happen on a Shanahan team

socalorado
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
so we dump a 25 year old pro bowler for a pretty boy the BROWNS don't want. a guy who can't take a starting job from Derek Anderson, and he is going to come in and be the savior in this bull****.

yeah that is ****ing awesome decision making by our new HC/GM. if only Mike Shanahan was that intelligent he would still have a job here.

Just prepare for the worse. And thats right outta the owners mouth!
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

theAPAOps5
One question;

Would this ever happen on a Shanahan team

No he coddled his players. That much has become GLARINGLY APPARENT

Popps
and McDaniels will be fired by January.

:spit:

You think Bowlen is going to let him turn the whole organization over and THEN fire him?

Please.

Bowlen's going to give this guy a couple years, minimum. He'll need time to turn this around and Pat has been doing this long enough to know that.

Bowlen hasn't been one of the most successful owners in sports without reason.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Cue Popps to tell you that you're now a Chargers fan and offer you Chargers stuff in exchange for all the Broncos stuff you already own...

But it would actually be a loss if SoCal rooted for another team, with you, it just means we'll miss the posts where you claim that Trevor Pryce was an impact DL as a rookie for the Broncos.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
No he coddled his players. That much has become GLARINGLY APPARENT

If coddling = being honest with, then I'll agree.

barryr
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
So let's see: McDaniels purposely made Cutler mad so he wouldn't want to be around and then McDaniels master plan was to sign Simms and then trade Cutler for a bag of chips and he expects to win 10+games this year.

Yeah, that must be it. That McDaniels is stupid, but cunning. You know, the IQ level around here drops daily.

Meck77
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
McD being fired by January would be great, but unfortunately its a pipedream, bro. Bowlen has to save face. He sees that its turning to **** but he can't admit he was wrong. He's going to cling to it until the moment where its clear that he absolutely cannot anymore. It's a normal human reaction. Unfortunately I think he'll give him 2 years even if its ugly beyond belief, because its not about McD, its about Pat.

SoCal.....

Can you not see that Jay Cutler wants a pay raise and that is what this is about? It's not about McD.

The Broncos opened up negotiations when they considered a trade. Jay and his agent are taking advantage of the situation to GET PAID.

There is no reason to hate Bowlen, no reason to hate McD and really no reason to hate on Jay Cutler other than the fact that he doesn't want to honor his contract.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:39 PM

You think Bowlen is going to let him turn the whole organization over and THEN fire him?

Please.

Bowlen's going to give this guy a couple years, minimum. He'll need time to turn this around and Pat has been doing this long enough to know that.

I love how you say that, then **** on Shanahan's name. The two are a result of each other, and not any other reason.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 05:39 PM

weak, but then that's all your posts these days.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM

That doesn't surprise me. I like Popps. He's a good guy, but I think he gets too much into this rivalry with Taco that it blinds him at times. It just blinds him. It is very unfortunate that he said this to you. You are a great person and great fan, Blue. :)

If its any consolation, I have also been subjected to this kind of crap, albeit by ApaOps instead of Popps.

I think the good folks on the other side of the argument need to realize that we love the team, too, but that we have the right to speak out against what we feel is wrong and to make financial decisions to illustrate our unhappiness with various things. They just don't seem to respect the right of others to do so.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM
SoCal.....

Can you not see that Jay Cutler wants a pay raise and that is what this is about? It's not about McD.

The Broncos opened up negotiations when they considered a trade. Jay and his agent are taking advantage of the situation to GET PAID.

There is no reason to hate Bowlen, no reason to hate McD and really no reason to hate on Jay Cutler other than the fact that he doesn't want to honor his contract.

Two things I know: Meck is smart and owns a bus.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM
SoCal.....

True, but there's reason. They opened pandora's box, now they can pay (literally) for it.

theAPAOps5
If coddling = being honest with, then I'll agree.

Then you agree. Because McDaniels told Jay no one is above the team or being traded. .

TheReverend
Two things I know: Meck is smart and owns a bus.

I'd like to add that Meck loves wranglers.

barryr

Please.

Yep. He gave Shanahan 10 years with only 1 playoff win and no playoffs the last 3 years. How many coaches get that much time? People are high on dope if they think Shanahan left a playoff type team, which is what some believe. "McDaniels is ruining the franchise." Ruining an 8-8 team? Oh, no.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Then you agree. Because McDaniels told Jay no one is above the team or being traded. .

After lying to him, yes he did.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd like to add that Meck loves wranglers.

Jeeps or pants?

24champ
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
SoCal.....

"It's a business"

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
After lying to him, yes he did.

Conjecture, don't be a hypocrite. You don't know that just as much as you say I don't know.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Conjecture, don't be a hypocrite. You don't know that just as much as you say I don't know.

Overwhelming evidence says they did a lot more than answer phones...

Blueflame
03-15-2009, 05:45 PM
But it would actually be a loss if SoCal rooted for another team, with you, it just means we'll miss the posts where you claim that Trevor Pryce was an impact DL as a rookie for the Broncos.

Actually I asked if we'd ever had a rookie DL come in and make an immediate impact and then mentioned Trevor with question marks after his name. Yeah, I usually look things up myself before posting, but was too lazy that time.
(the point being that it usually takes some time for linemen to develop).

SureShot

You are supposed to challenge him to a fight. Don't worry he really wasn't a real marine. He was a merchant marine.

theAPAOps5
Overwhelming evidence says they did a lot more than answer phones...

Because the papers say that, again conjecture. You are calling me out but doing the same thing Rev.

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Yep. He gave Shanahan 10 years with only 1 playoff win and no playoffs the last 3 years. How many coaches get that much time? People are high on dope if they think Shanahan left a playoff type team, which is what some believe. "McDaniels is ruining the franchise." Ruining an 8-8 team? Oh, no.

There is a big difference between being an 8-8 team with a great offense and a 3-13 team with no offense or defense. The only reason we were 8-8 last year was that the offense won some games.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
You are supposed to challenge him to a fight. Don't worry he really wasn't a real marine. He was a merchant marine.

No my dad, an Apache helicopter pilot, once told me. Don't pick a fight with a man who has seen combat He has seen it all and you will get your ass kicked. Its pretty wise words.

Blueflame
03-15-2009, 05:49 PM
This could be a Brown/Belichick sized catastrophy, they left town, and spend 3 years recovering from Belichicks disasterous decisions.

I doubt the Broncos are going to move to Baltimore when we fire Mcdaniels, but I have no doubt we will suffer through a similar period of complete football irelevance.

It's kind of an odd coincidence that a former Belichick assistant comes into the only franchise that holds a winning record over Belichick's Pats ... and promptly decimates that team.

barryr
03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
There is a big difference between being an 8-8 team with a great offense and a 3-13 team with no offense or defense. The only reason we were 8-8 last year was that the offense won some games.

And what was the record the year before? The year before that? But they were on verge of winning 12 games though. Whatever.

Denver724
03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
By Vic Lombardi, CBS4

I am a little confused when they say progress? What progress needs to be made? McDaniel needs to say sorry and kiss Cutler's ass? Cutler has a contract and is an employee. Now if he doesn't want to show up on Monday so be it. End of story.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Because the papers say that, again conjecture. You are calling me out but doing the same thing Rev.

Really, I don't care. It's what Cutler believes that matters. I have a hard time believing that he'd buy into a different side of the story completely unsubstantiated after spending weeks with McDaniels getting excited over his role in the new system. I can't imagine anyone actually believing that...

arghemtee
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Even if it is about getting paid, throw him the money.

Hamrob
03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
The Patriot Way! That's it! Alright...yeah! Go Patriots!!!

Uh...oh, wait...we're the Broncos...aren't we?

Let's see, I'm 32yrs old...I've never been a head coach before and I'm going to take over a club that has one thing going for it...its offense. Then I'm going to go straight up to the guy who is the biggest reason the offense is solid...and I'm going to piss all over him. Then, I'm going to tell him to get over it, quit crying and get your ass in here...so I can trade you as soon as I get the oppurtunity. And, oh by the way...if I want you on your knees...you'd better get down on your kness...becasue I'm the Coach!

Yeah...that approach sure is working out well alright!

barryr
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM
The Patriot Way! That's it! Alright...yeah! Go Patriots!!!

Uh...oh, wait...we're the Broncos...aren't we?

Let's see, I'm 32yrs old...I've never been a head coach before and I'm going to take over a club that has one thing going for it...its offense. Then I'm going to go straight up to the guy who is the biggest reason the offense is solid...and I'm going to piss all over him. Then, I'm going to tell him to get over it, quit crying and get your ass in here...so I can trade you as soon as I get the oppurtunity. And, oh by the way...if I want you on your knees...you'd better get down on your kness...becasue I'm the Coach!

Yeah...that approach sure is working out well alright!

Yeah, I'm sure that's the way it happened. Makes a lot of sense.

Rohirrim
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Cutler and Sheffler have made their decisions. Adios. You don't want to be here. Fine. Go. This will be better for the franchise over the long haul. Go Broncos!

Hamrob
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
So, the Lions are thinking about drafting a LT with the 1st pick in the draft. They're also supposed to make another play for Cutler...hmm?

Well...Despite what many of you might think...I bet Cutler wouldn't mind connecting with Calving Johnson for the next 10yrs!

Popps
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
On a side-note, how does a guy throw 18 INTs, and only 7 more TDs... and make a Pro Bowl with a losing record?

TonyR
03-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats, Jay and Bus. Official current chief laughingstock of the NFL!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/15/12197/

skpac1001
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Really, I don't care. It's what Cutler believes that matters. I have a hard time believing that he'd buy into a different side of the story completely unsubstantiated after spending weeks with McDaniels getting excited over his role in the new system. I can't imagine anyone actually believing that...

I don't find it hard to believe. He had to be shaken up when Shanny was fired, on edge when his qb coach he fought for leaves, a big news story that his name are attached to trade talks could pretty easily set someone off with that history.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Gee, that is brilliant. Someone tell Florio to stick to his day job of making **** up and leave the comedy to brilliant comedians such as myself.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Tony, i gotta mention this, since you seem to frequent Florios website.
Florio HATES the BRoncos and Bowlen as well as Shanny. this is a long standing b!tch fest that Florio and his biased, BS attitude has gone far and beyond to promote on his cheesed!ck website.
Just FYI
Your not really making a point with Florios crap

Killericon
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM
As much as McDaniels bumbled things, this is entirely Cutlers fault.

Entirely.

skpac1001
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM
On a side-note, how does a guy throw 18 INTs, and only 7 more TDs... and make a Pro Bowl with a losing record?

Lets give him some credit. He made the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers defenses look bad, well at least half the time.

Broncoman13
03-15-2009, 06:15 PM
You guys think Cutler/Sheffler have a thing?

Just sayin'.

That's pretty weak, even for you.

But since you went there, is it possible that our new starting QB can get Kyle into Denver to be our future HC?

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't find it hard to believe. He had to be shaken up when Shanny was fired, on edge when his qb coach he fought for leaves, a big news story that his name are attached to trade talks could pretty easily set someone off with that history.

Those are good points. In a nutshell this is how things have happened. Why so many fans are pissed at Cutler and giving him the lionshare of the blame is a bit unwarranted and unfair.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 06:21 PM
That's pretty weak, even for you.

But since you went there, is it possible that our new starting QB can get Kyle into Denver to be our future HC?

Well we don't know if Jay and Tony have their initials tattooed but with this recent news I would think the chances are a lot higher than you would think.

barryr
03-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Those are good points. In a nutshell this is how things have happened. Why so many fans are pissed at Cutler and giving him the lionshare of the blame is a bit unwarranted and unfair.

Because he's had plenty of time to get over it. I have to wonder if this is a guy when the chips are down and the team needs a big play in a big game if this guy can get it done if he melts like this off the field.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
So, the Lions are thinking about drafting a LT with the 1st pick in the draft. They're also supposed to make another play for Cutler...hmm?

Well...Despite what many of you might think...I bet Cutler wouldn't mind connecting with Calving Johnson for the next 10yrs!

On a side note here......depending upon where, when, or if Cutler is traded, does this play a role on where Shanahan will coach next season?

montrose
03-15-2009, 06:24 PM

It's a popularity contest.

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 06:26 PM

Since when is 8-8 a losing record?

He had the 3rd most TDs in the AFC, 2nd most yards. Who should go instead? Matt Cassel, Chad Pennington?

If you want to complain about AFC QBs then compain about Brett Favre.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Tony, i gotta mention this, since you seem to frequent Florios website.
Florio HATES the BRoncos and Bowlen as well as Shanny. this is a long standing b!tch fest that Florio and his biased, BS attitude has gone far and beyond to promote on his cheesed!ck website.
Just FYI
Your not really making a point with Florios crap

PFT is a great resource if you know how to use it. Clearly you don't have the stomach for the snark so it's probably best you stay away. Florio busts on everybody but people with inferiority complexes think it's only about their team (I hear the same nonsense from Eagles fans about how they're always getting picked on, boo-hoo).

My point is that Jay is really badly ruining his reputation. All of my non Bronco fan friends where I live are ragging on him mercilessly and all I can do is nod my head because they're right. Tens of thousands of football fans who frequent PFT are laughing right along. So thanks for the FYI but I made my point, sorry you didn't get it.

Broncoman13
03-15-2009, 06:28 PM

I agree that Cutler had something to be pissed off about in the beginning. At this point though, what do you honestly expect the Broncos to do? McD has really screwed the pooch here and all Bronco fans will pay as a result. Chris Simms, our new starting QB. We went from the best QB in the division to the worst for absolutely no reason. The only way McD makes up for this is by getting some amazing value for Cutler in a trade. At this point, I would be surprised if we got more than a mid-late first or a high second. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a #33 for Cutler trade to Detroit.

I'd like to send Cutler to the worst franchise in the NFL b/c he's kept this BS going as much as McD. What pisses me off the most about this... Jay Cutler will make a ton of money. More in one weekend then I'll see in a lifetime (that signing bonus he'll receive... $20m maybe?). Pat Bowlen, yeah, he'll still make $30-40m next year regardless of what the Broncos do during the season. Josh McDaniels, he'll make $10m or so over the next 4 years regardless of what happens with this mess. The fans, we'll have to suffer through a COMPLETE rebuilding project. This is BS Bowlen, I'm glad people are hitting you in the pocket book finally!

DenverBrit
03-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Probably because he's acting like a spoiled Diva who didn't get the right fruit basket in his trailer. And now won't come out until someone strokes his ego the right way.
On top of that, he's managed to get Scheffler to skip school too. Christ, what a pair of drama Queens.........I'm beginning to think they both post on the Mane.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Please.

Hell with all the drinking Bowlen has reportedly to be doing, by January he could announce that he's hiring Shanhan back, after all he still owes Shanny $14 million dollars.;)

2KBack
03-15-2009, 06:33 PM

He had the 3rd most TDs in the AFC, 2nd most yards. Who should go instead? Matt Cassel, Chad Pennington?

uh...Phillip Rivers

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Probably because he's acting like a spoiled Diva who didn't get the right fruit basket in his trailer. And now won't come out until someone strokes his ego the right way.
On top of that, he's managed to get Scheffler to skip school too. Christ, what a pair of drama Queens.........I'm beginning to think they both post on the Mane.

Dam this shiiiiit is really getting weird....who could have ever written a script like this or even see this coming back in Dec 08!!

Had anyone told me that Shanahan would not be coaching the Broncos in 2009 and possible Cutler getting traded by April 25th.....I just wouldn't have believed it.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
PFT is a great resource if you know how to use it. Clearly you don't have the stomach for the snark so it's probably best you stay away. Florio busts on everybody but people with inferiority complexes think it's only about their team (I hear the same nonsense from Eagles fans about how they're always getting picked on, boo-hoo).

My point is that Jay is really badly ruining his reputation. All of my non Bronco fan friends where I live are ragging on him mercilessly and all I can do is nod my head because they're right. Tens of thousands of football fans who frequent PFT are laughing right along. So thanks for the FYI but I made my point, sorry you didn't get it.

WOW. Just wow. Apprently you never heard of Florio and a guy named Joey Porter. Thats OK. Clearly your a new fan of his site. Yeah, hes freaky weird.
Also, i could care less if you post Florios crap, its just funny that thats ALL you post! And no florio doesnt bust on everybody. Again, if you frequented his site for an extended period of time, you would know this.
again, dont care if you post his stuff, just know he has a personal hate for DEN and especially Shanny, who oddly enough is gone. Just wait until Shanny coaches again, for the hate to continue.

Rohirrim
03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
In five years Broncos fans will be saying, "We are so lucky Cutler pulled all that crap and got himself traded" while we watch him melt down some other team's lockerroom.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 06:36 PM

Yah, we see your point. Oh, here's another point your making: Your not really a "Broncos" fan, you're more of a PFT fan.

In other words, I've never considered you a ligit Broncos fan because you consistently focus on the negetive.

In other words find another team, fool.

rugbythug
03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
I posted this in another thread.

Cutler is not so great that he can not be criticized. He makes both great and horrible throws. But the one thing he has done and now continues to do is quite. He has quite in every blow out. And now he is quitting again. If he were the type of player you need to win SB's he would be giving McD the Finger as he sat down at the weight bench in Dove Valley. He would have a fire in his belly about he was going to show McD who the Best QB he has ever coached was. But Rather than doing that he is bringing in Bus Cook to every meeting like some sort of security blanket. He is a quitter and winners are not quitters.

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
uh...Phillip Rivers

So you think Brett Favre and his 3500 yards and 22 interceptions had more justification than Cutler? nice going dillweed.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
WOW. Just wow. Apprently you never heard of Florio...

Lighten up, Francis! The PFT thing is a joke, it's supposed to be funny! Why are you letting it get to you so much?!?

Funny how you rag on PFT but strangely know an awful lot about it to the point you belittle my lack of knowledge about it. Effing hilarious. You remind me of the people who used to say how much Howard Stern sucked and they'd say all the things they hated about the show, proving they spent an awful lot of time listening to something they hated!

2KBack
03-15-2009, 06:42 PM
So you think Brett Favre and his 3500 yards and 22 interceptions had more justification than Cutler? nice going dillweed.

you asked who whould have gone instead of cutler and I gave someone. I don't see how name calling has to come into it.

Honestly a very good case could be made for Cassel as well.

Actually, Pennington and Cassel both had higher passer ratings and actually had winning records too.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Yah, we see your point. Oh, here's another point your making: Your not really a "Broncos" fan, you're more of a PFT fan.

In other words, I've never considered you a ligit Broncos fan because you consistently focus on the negetive.

In other words find another team, fool.

WTF are you talking about? Some of you must have had a really bad weekend. I'm focusing on the negative by supporting the owner, new coaching staff, and the players who are going to show up tomorrow? I'm not a Broncos fan because I check out PFT? You, sir, are an effing genius!

And by the way, who asked you?

barryr
03-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Who the hell cares about the Pro Bowl? Someone actually still watches that game that some players, especially vets, even try to find an excuse not to play in?

DBroncos4life
03-15-2009, 06:45 PM

He won't win a game for us next year and he just set us back a few more years but hey atleast this gives Shanny a very good chance to get back with Cutler after next year. Teams spend years trying to find a QB like Cutler and McD messed that up in two months. Well I hope next years QB class is great cause we should have the top pick in the draft and maybe then we will have a good coach.

DenverBrit
03-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Dam this shiiiiit is really getting weird....who could have ever written a script like this or even see this coming back in Dec 08!!

Had anyone told me that Shanahan would not be coaching the Broncos in 2009 and possible Cutler getting traded by April 25th.....I just wouldn't have believed it.

I agree.....no one could have seen this drama coming.
I really would like to pass around the blame, but so far, it's been Cutler who has acted immaturely. He could have stopped this dead in it's tracks by talking to McDaniels and Bowlen as soon as he heard the news.
Why McDaniels is being vilified to the point of hysteria, by some here, is a mystery. He listened to trade offers and said no. That's his job.
I really do believe this drama had its roots in the Shanny firing and Bates leaving. If this is how Cutler thinks a team leader should act, then maybe he would be better off somewhere else.
But he is devaluing himself, both in trade value and future contracts by stamping his feet and pouting.
All around stupid and unnecessary.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Lighten up, Francis! The PFT thing is a joke, it's supposed to be funny! Why are you letting it get to you so much?!?

Funny how you rag on PFT but strangely know an awful lot about it to the point you belittle my lack of knowledge about it. Effing hilarious. You remind me of the people who used to say how much Howard Stern sucked and they'd say all the things they hated about the show, proving they spent an awful lot of time listening to something they hated!

Notice no one ever laughs or responds with humor to your Florio posts?
Yeah, theres a reason for that.
THe reason we know so much about Florio is because he also is a writer for another website. Hes a well known HACK and Bronco hater. He has a long standing near legendary hate for the broncos and their fans. He especially hates Mike Shanahan.
Also no one is letting it get to us. We are simply keeping you informed.
Thats all.
Were done here.

arghemtee
03-15-2009, 06:49 PM
In five years Broncos fans will be saying, "We are so lucky Cutler pulled all that crap and got himself traded" while we watch him melt down some other team's lockerroom.

In 5 years we're going to be on our 2nd coach since Shanahans departure.

Circle Orange
03-15-2009, 06:49 PM
I am so done with this nonsense.

And why have the avys disappeared again? I had a doozy...:P

2KBack
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Who the hell cares about the Pro Bowl? Someone actually still watches that game that some players, especially vets, even try to find an excuse not to play in?

no one does, but for some reason adding "pro bowl QB" in front of Cutlers name makes him waaay more important it seems.

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/6660043/358290400.jpg

Rock Chalk
03-15-2009, 06:51 PM

Phillip Rivers.

Better QB rating, more TDs, and won his division.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/6660043/358290400.jpg

And with all this Florio discussion, I agree with the photo!!:D

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's the way it happened. Makes a lot of sense.

Barry you really don't know how it went down and what has been said. You like the rest of us can only assume and give our own opinion.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:56 PM
And with all this Florio discussion, I agree with the photo!!:D

:~ohyah!: You guys are a riot.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
In 5 years we're going to be on our 2nd coach since Shanahans departure.

I think in 3 years....no way does McDaniels last 5 years.

maher_tyler
03-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Yep..be a team player or sit yer ass on the bench..then you'll have something to really cry about..then trade him next year for the first pick and draft McCoy or Bradford.

baja
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
It could be worse

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/NIB-Owens-R.article_large.jpg

BUFFALO, NY—In a move that will immediately impact a roster that is already full of ****, the Bills added what many believe will be the missing piece of **** to the team's puzzle Saturday by signing world-class ****ass Terrell Owens. "With T.O., the Bills get a complete and total **** with the potential to generate more disappointment than anyone in Buffalo could have hoped for," said NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan. "Throw him in with their pile-of-**** offensive line, future Hall of Fame ****head at running back, ****ty quarterback, and ****-for-brains coach, and this team has everything in place needed to achieve its ****ful potential." According to Bill's front-office dip****s, the team has the tenacity to fight for the full 60 minutes in the huddle, in the locker room, and in local strip club parking lots.

DrFate
03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
You know, Cassel and Simms are very similar, except that Simms is a lefty.

Actually Simms had a reasonably successful college career. 8')

Blueflame
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
uh...Phillip Rivers

You do realize that Favre was selected to the Pro Bowl but bowed out due to injury? Rivers was given the opportunity to take Favre's place and also declined due to injury... and Collins ended up going instead.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Notice no one ever laughs or responds with humor to your Florio posts?
Yeah, theres a reason for that.

Usually when I post from PFT I'm posting purely as news (the Broncos are bringing in FA X, or the Broncos signed FA Y, etc.) not as anything to do with humor. Go find 2 more examples of me posting something from PFT with humor as the intent and maybe I'll understand where this attack on me is coming from. Until that time I think it's without merit.

Again my overall point is in line with what many here are saying: Jay Cutler is badly losing the PR battle with this drama and he's making his team look bad in the process. This is an everybody loses situation, unless of course Cutler and Cook can score a bigger $ contract out of getting moved.

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
The only question now is when do the Broncos finally accept trade offers and start seriously listening to some offers? No way do you give Jay the money at this point I'd sit him on the bench all year if we don't get the right value. it will be fun watching Cutler lose every week no matter where he goes.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Usually when I post from PFT I'm posting purely as news (the Broncos are bringing in FA X, or the Broncos signed FA Y, etc.) not as anything to do with humor. Go find 2 more examples of me posting something from PFT with humor as the intent and maybe I'll understand where this attack on me is coming from. Until that time I think it's without merit.

Again my overall point is in line with what many here are saying: Jay Cutler is badly losing the PR battle with this drama and he's making his team look bad in the process. This is an everybody loses situation, unless of course Cutler and Cook can score a bigger $ contract out of getting moved.

Attack!?!?!?
:rofl:

Lighten up francis!

kdissette
03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
This part is blown out of Proportion....Jay and Tony are missing it cuz they have a prior engagement at a gay rights rally in Idaho.....they just want the same rights as the rest of us..

2KBack
03-15-2009, 07:27 PM
You do realize that Favre was selected to the Pro Bowl but bowed out due to injury? Rivers was given the opportunity to take Favre's place and also declined due to injury... and Collins ended up going instead.

That doesn't change the fact that Rivers should have been been on the team in the first place. Not to mention Pennington and Cassel.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Lighten up francis!

Can we just hug it out already, bee-otch!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvarRe-XVQ