PDA

View Full Version : CBS4: Cutler and Scheffler will not report

Pages : 1 [2]

eddie mac
03-15-2009, 08:36 PM
The bottom line is that Jay Cutler does not own, nor does he coach or manage this franchise in anyway so why the **** should he be attempting to chime in on off the field decision making process???

He yapped and gurned when Shanahan was fired.

He asked for a trade when Bates was released.

He then acted like a big girls blouse whenever word got out we'd fielded offers to trade his yappy ass.

He's paid to play for the Denver Broncos
He's paid to work with the Head Coach that Bowlen has appointed.

Get to **** over yourself Cutler and get your ass back to Dove Valley and prove to the Organisation's decision makers that you are indispensable and worthy of wearing our jersey.

If not go and **** yourself.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Amen, eddie mac. Well said.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
The bottom line is that Jay Cutler does not own, nor does he coach or manage this franchise in anyway so why the **** should he be attempting to chime in on off the field decision making process???

He then acted like a big girls blouse whenever word got out we'd fielded offers to trade his yappy ass.

Get to **** over yourself Cutler and get your ass back to Dove Valley and prove to the Organisation's decision makers that you are indispensable and worthy of wearing our jersey.

That's one approach and POV.

The other is that he spent weeks of his personal time after the pro bowl (in just his second year starting, and broke franchise records...) studying the new offense with McDaniels.

Both publicly said they were very excited about working with each other.

Then come the trade talks.

Anyone with that talent, has ego, and pride gets hurt. Why would he want to play for someone who he felt betrayed him for 10% of what players on his talent level make? Good faith ran out. He's simply no longer offering to restructure to keep his draft class together. Now he's looking out for himself because he got shown point blank that the front office won't look out for him.

That's just another POV.

kdissette
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM

****in A!!!!

DrFate
03-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep. Express your dissatisfaction through your pocketbook. That is the best way to give them your opinion about how they are operating their business. You HAVE to hit Bowlen in the pocketbook and hit him HARD. Then maybe he'll wake up and see how these people have hijacked his proud and wonderful franchise....our proud and wonderful franchise. It's tough love. We do it because we care.

I'll certainly not buy any more merchandise as long as the keystone cops are in the front office. The franchise is the NFL laughingstock right now

eddie mac
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM

The other is that he spent weeks of his personal time after the pro bowl (in just his second year starting, and broke franchise records...) studying the new offense with McDaniels.

Anyone with that talent, has ego, and pride gets hurt. Why would he want to play for someone who he felt betrayed him for 10% of what players on his talent level make? Good faith ran out. He's simply no longer offering to restructure to keep his draft class together. Now he's looking out for himself because he got shown point blank that the front office won't look out for him.

That's just another POV.

IMHO Rev it's so easy to jump on the **** McDaniels bandwagon because 1/2 the posters on here never wanted him in the first place, then there's the fact he's an ex Patriot and one off Belicheat's production line as such. The guy never stood a chance especially on these boards (having to replace the Great One and all that) and now this Cutler bollox.

It's a lot easier to see why Bronco fans would defend their golden boy over McD.

My biggest question is if Cutler and Cook are so innocent in all of this why did JC ask for a trade as soon as Bates left???

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
IMHO Rev it's so easy to jump on the **** McDaniels bandwagon because 1/2 the posters on here never wanted him in the first place, then there's the fact he's an ex Patriot and one off Belicheat's production line as such. The guy never stood a chance especially on these boards (having to replace the Great One and all that) and now this Cutler bollox.

It's a lot easier to see why Bronco fans would defend their golden boy over McD.

My biggest question is if Cutler and Cook are so innocent in all of this why did JC ask for a trade as soon as Bates left???

If we're accepting the bolded statement as truth, then we have to acknowledge that the Denver FO is leaking information to smear Cutler, don't we?

As for the rest, that may be the case, but I liked him coming in. I loved the Nolan signing and the entire D staff. The O staff was underwhelming at best.

Since then, it's been all bleh. Firing the Goodmans for a yes man at extremely suspect timing. Replacing them with an ESPN employee. Pretty bad, imo, FA signings. Now this...

I don't think people need to be eager to hate him. I think people are just pretty turned off with his approach.

...And if you think the board won't give him a chance, wait till you see what the media will do to him if he trades Cutler and loses. He'll be crucified.

BroncoBuff
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
He's not trying to make decision ferhevvinsake ... he thinks he was and is being lied to.

And with this stupid child Josh having, what was it? Oh yeah, ZERO front office experience, I think Bowlen screwed up royal giving him all of Shanahan's powers at once.

Tell me ... has Xanders ever come out of the closet about his castration, or is he still keeping quite about it? We should respect his choice ... he comes out of the closet when he'as damn good and ready, not one minute too soon.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 09:00 PM
He's not trying to make decision ferhevvinsake ... he thinks he was and is being lied to.

And with this stupid child Josh having, what was it? Oh yeah, ZERO front office experience, I think Bowlen screwed up royal giving him all of Shanahan's powers at once.

Tell me ... has Xanders ever come out of the closet about his castration, or is he still keeping wuite?

wuite=quiet, i presume?

Archer81
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Cutler was not lied to. All of this is a creation of his agent to either get Jay sent somewhere else or have denver pay "manning/brady" money for him.

:Broncos:

Drek

That's just another POV.

The trade talks where the Broncos, Shefter, and basically every GM across the NFL say the Broncos didn't shop him? That they were approached with offers they declined?

Or the crazy fantasy Jay and Bus Cook have concocted where the Broncos were actively shopping him?

Here's a clue that Jay's "view point" is BS. Every article on this when it first broke said a bunch of teams, the Vikings, Bears, and Browns immediately come to mind, would've been in on this if they had known. So you think a team shopping a player isn't actively calling around to several of the teams in biggest need of a QB?

People called the Broncos, they heard them out. Said no. End of story. Unless you're a gigantic ego maniac with serious mental issues no one gets that bent out of shape over something like that.

I'm betting 50/50 at this point that the only reason teams even called in the first place is because Bus Cook "tipped them off" that Jay was gettable. Hence how quickly it leaked, the fact that it leaked out of Bus Cook's preferred media fonts in Tampa Bay, and that Jay was doing interviews like there was no tomorrow in the days immediately following, not to mention is apparently complete lack of desire to speak with the people who supposedly wronged him oh so badly.

I'm betting 80/20 that this is in fact all about Jay and Cook angling for a new record setting deal in the wake of some other big QB deals that have recently been dolled out.

They're trying to railroad the organization by using the fans loyalty to Cutler over a new head coach to put pressure on the team. Now that the team isn't immediately caving they're turning it up a notch. I'm sure they started out playing nice, in an attempt to give the old black mail of "we'll go back to that as soon as you pay up" comparison, but its all an attempt to do what Cook and Cutler want, irregardless of the damage it does to the team, the organization as a whole, or the fans. Its a bitch move, plain and simple.

spdirty

So now you are taking 1 source (Peter King) who said he "heard" that rumor, a source who has been proven to be as spot on as PFT, and treating it as though its coming straight from Schefters mouth.

Man you will use anything to feed your, popps, apas, etc's bash Cutler circle jerk.

BroncoBuff
03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
wuite=quiet, i presume?

Yeah ... changed it ;D

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
The trade talks where the Broncos, Shefter, and basically every GM across the NFL say the Broncos didn't shop him? .

Don't lump Schefter in there. He was specifically asked the question of "Are the Broncos trying to trade Jay Cutler?" and his response was "not anymore"....which is opposed to "they werent trying to trade him". He has noted that it is THEIR position that they didn't. But he was flat out asked whether they wanted to trade him and from his answer, it appears they did. Don't lump him in there.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Good job Eddie!

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
So a Bronco fan wants them to lose so he can be "right" about something. Pathetic.

no, a bronco fan is a realist and sees that McDaniels trading Cutler will end one way.....making fans endure season after season of mediocre football. the best thing that can happen is Jay can report and both these guys can get the **** over themselves and work together. but if that doesn't happen we will be lucky to go 4-12 this season, and since the season will be bad anyway, i would be happy if it was bad enough that Bowlen is forced to dump the POS who ruined the team.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Just prepare for the worse. And thats right outta the owners mouth!
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

i know what he said, and i always felt Bowlen was an intelligent owner. but this offseason he is showing he knows nothing. he is standing by while a guy with less than 3 months experience in his job and seemingly limitless power in the organization tears the franchise to pieces.

this team was the prize coaching job available because we had a young franchise QB and an offense a good RB away from being elite, and an owner who will spend money. but McDaniels has decided instead of building on the good we have, to destroy it all and hope the fans and owner stick with him long enough to tear down their team and try to rebuild it.

there is not another coach stupid enough to have come in here and decided to tear apart the offense.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 09:12 PM
i know what he said, and i always felt Bowlen was an intelligent owner. but this offseason he is showing he knows nothing. he is standing by while a guy with less than 3 months experience in his job and seemingly limitless power in the organization tears the franchise to pieces.

this team was the prize coaching job available because we had a young franchise QB and an offense a good RB away from being elite, and an owner who will spend money. but McDaniels has decided instead of building on the good we have, to destroy it all and hope the fans and owner stick with him long enough to tear down their team and try to rebuild it.

there is not another coach stupid enough to have come in here and decided to tear apart the offense.

You people are clueless. Bowlen knows what he is doing. You just don't like it. Get over it, we are fans, he has run the business for a damn long time.

ZONA
03-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Jay and Tony sitting in a tree.............

Unreal. Batman and Robbin skip on workouts together. They joined at the hip or something?

Jay is a star QB, things could work out where he could still be here because of the position he plays. Tony just F'd himself man. He's gone no matter what happens.

True, this is not mandatory per the players union but 4/17 is. But Jay is willing to sit out. It will only cost him $100K.

Folks - this wont' be resolved until the draft. If he's not traded then, he'll probably sit this year and pout. If he indeed wants out then I would allow him that if the Broncos get what they want. If not, I'd just let him sit. You have another entire year to work another deal. Now if Cook just want a bigger contract for the Cutler to stay with the Broncos, I'd work that out and keep him here.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Actually I asked if we'd ever had a rookie DL come in and make an immediate impact and then mentioned Trevor with question marks after his name. Yeah, I usually look things up myself before posting, but was too lazy that time.
(the point being that it usually takes some time for linemen to develop).

i understood what you meant perfectly. it's just the bunches of whiny children on here who have to have the last word in an argument, or have to start an argument just for the hell of it that are giving you ****.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Can we just hug it out already, bee-otch!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvarRe-XVQ

http://aqua.gjovaag.com/blogpics/EntourageS3E1_03.jpg
"Cmon, Jay lets all hug it out, Biotch!"

prodigalson139
03-15-2009, 09:22 PM
check it out...this is how it will end:

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

elsid13

It over now, Cutler told the team to trade him.

montrose
You people are clueless. Bowlen knows what he is doing. You just don't like it. Get over it, we are fans, he has run the business for a damn long time.

I think the standpoint from those upset with Bowlen is that his success owning the Broncos mainly came from Shanahan and that for whatever reason (in this case booze) he's completely lost it.

I'm not sure how much I agree with this but I believe that's the general view of the Anti-Bowlen/McDaniels contingency at this point. It's certainly a reasonable opinion if you're on that side of the argument.

I suppose I lie somewhat in the middle. For the most part I've really liked what McDaniels has done thus far but I'm not 100% sold yet. I've had my doubts about Cutler previously and don't like how he's handled this, but I'm still holding out hope he'll change his mind and be motivated to come in and kick butt.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 09:24 PM
The trade talks where the Broncos, Shefter, and basically every GM across the NFL say the Broncos didn't shop him? That they were approached with offers they declined?

Or the crazy fantasy Jay and Bus Cook have concocted where the Broncos were actively shopping him?

Here's a clue that Jay's "view point" is BS. Every article on this when it first broke said a bunch of teams, the Vikings, Bears, and Browns immediately come to mind, would've been in on this if they had known. So you think a team shopping a player isn't actively calling around to several of the teams in biggest need of a QB?

People called the Broncos, they heard them out. Said no. End of story. Unless you're a gigantic ego maniac with serious mental issues no one gets that bent out of shape over something like that.

I'm betting 50/50 at this point that the only reason teams even called in the first place is because Bus Cook "tipped them off" that Jay was gettable. Hence how quickly it leaked, the fact that it leaked out of Bus Cook's preferred media fonts in Tampa Bay, and that Jay was doing interviews like there was no tomorrow in the days immediately following, not to mention is apparently complete lack of desire to speak with the people who supposedly wronged him oh so badly.

I'm betting 80/20 that this is in fact all about Jay and Cook angling for a new record setting deal in the wake of some other big QB deals that have recently been dolled out.

They're trying to railroad the organization by using the fans loyalty to Cutler over a new head coach to put pressure on the team. Now that the team isn't immediately caving they're turning it up a notch. I'm sure they started out playing nice, in an attempt to give the old black mail of "we'll go back to that as soon as you pay up" comparison, but its all an attempt to do what Cook and Cutler want, irregardless of the damage it does to the team, the organization as a whole, or the fans. Its a b**** move, plain and simple.

So if this how everything went down, the question I have is why didn't Bowlen get in front of this immediately by calling a news conference with McDaniels by his side and just categorically say that Cutler is un-tradeable. Why let this soap opera go on for so long. Points, why wasn't Bowlen on the phone immediately to Cutler telling him the FO was not behind any of this???

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Yep. He gave Shanahan 10 years with only 1 playoff win and no playoffs the last 3 years. How many coaches get that much time? People are high on dope if they think Shanahan left a playoff type team, which is what some believe. "McDaniels is ruining the franchise." Ruining an 8-8 team? Oh, no.

yeah well if McDaniels wins back to back super bowls within 4 years then he can have a decade long pass to be a complete douchebag. Shanahan didn't come in and decide to dump a franchise QB to be the head honcho on the team. he came in was straight up on his intentions and went to work.

now we have this stupid seedy mother****er coming in saying one thing and doing another without any prior experience and an arrogance he has no right to have yet.

Mike had been a HC before, he learned from his mistakes with the Raiders, went to San Francisco and learned and came back with a swagger that is earned through time and knowledge and he got respect for that.

Mike came in and thought about trading Sharpe, but he didn't lie like a little weasel and tell Sharpe it was all crap, he was straight up with him and no problems arose between the 2 when Sharpe was inevitably retained.

there is a difference between coming in and blowing up an 8-8 team with no real talent on either side of the ball, and blowing up an 8-8 team with a good offense just a RB short of being great.

BroncoBuff
03-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Where did you hear this? I haven't heard of any GM going on the record about that, it would be highly improper for one GM to tell tales out of school like that. And your characterization is wrong anyway ... unless you believe three teams independently approached Denver about Cutler deals simultaneously.

And most if not all commentators believe Denver was actively involved in the trade discussions. In fact, there's numerous theories about why Belichick took "the lesser deal" from Pioli rather than the Bucs/Broncos or Lions/Broncos deals. Some have even called for an NFL investigation into the Pats favoring the lesser deal.

I don't think anybody thinks we "just listened" anymore. Not the Tampa papers, not the Detroit papers, and DEFINITLY not the Boston papers or ESPN.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 09:27 PM

It over now, Cutler told the team to trade him.

This is so sad. I hope Pat and Mc****Face are happy. I will never forgive them for this. Ever.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Cutler and Sheffler have made their decisions. Adios. You don't want to be here. Fine. Go. This will be better for the franchise over the long haul. Go Broncos!

are you talking long haul in about a decade when a new coach or 2 has come in and fixed the **** up McDaniels has managed to create in less than 3 months of work?

because if Jay is gone, this isn't going to be a team that is going to compete for anything for at least a decade. get used to being the AFC West doormat, and picking top 10 every year for the next decade.

rugbythug
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
This is so sad. I hope Pat and Mc****Face are happy. I will never forgive them for this. Ever.

Yeah but you will forgive Cutler for being a quitter and a whiner. What does that say about you?

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:29 PM
On a side-note, how does a guy throw 18 INTs, and only 7 more TDs... and make a Pro Bowl with a losing record?

he carried a team on his back to a near playoff berth that without him would have been lucky to finish 3-13

RaiderH8r

I was stoked to get McD and see what he could do with the O talent we have. But the way he has absolutely **** the bed is nauseating, on par with the stupidity of Al Davis type of moronic, brain dead, trip over his dick dumbassery that makes me want to vomit. Every time McD gets on the phone with Cutler the situation devolves. McD's clearly got an inferiority complex and Bowlen has NOT accomplished anything with his hiring nor has he regained any control of his franchise. Quite the opposite, Bowlen has lost his franchise and given impunity to a guy who has accomplished less than I have as an NFL head coach. This is an epic fail on McKid's part and he needs to quit with his stupidity. And all of this started because McKid couldn't part with his little security blanket Matt Cassell. What an f'ing nimrod.

Rohirrim
Where did you hear this? I haven't heard of any GM going on the record about that, it would be highly improper for one GM to tell tales out of school like that. And your characterization is wrong anyway ... unless you believe three teams independently approached Denver about Cutler deals simultaneously.

And most if not all commentators believe Denver was actively involved in the trade discussions. In fact, there's numerous theories about why Belichick took "the lesser deal" from Pioli rather than the Bucs/Broncos or Lions/Broncos deals. Some have even called for an NFL investigation into the Pats favoring the lesser deal.

I don't think anybody thinks we "just listened" anymore. Not the Tampa papers, not the Detroit papers, and DEFINITLY not the Boston papers or ESPN.

Links? The most trustworthy reporter on the Broncos that I know of, Shefter, says that is not the case.

rugbythug
03-15-2009, 09:30 PM
are you talking long haul in about a decade when a new coach or 2 has come in and fixed the **** up McDaniels has managed to create in less than 3 months of work?

because if Jay is gone, this isn't going to be a team that is going to compete for anything for at least a decade. get used to being the AFC West doormat, and picking top 10 every year for the next decade.

So in 2005 We were in the AFC Championship Game. And Cutler comes in in 2006 wins less than 50% of his games and is irreplaceable?

rugbythug
03-15-2009, 09:31 PM

This is False

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
So if this how everything went down, the question I have is why didn't Bowlen get in front of this immediately by calling a news conference with McDaniels by his side and just categorically say that Cutler is un-tradeable. Why let this soap opera go on for so long. Points, why wasn't Bowlen on the phone immediately to Cutler telling him the FO was not behind any of this???

because he's not untradeable

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I was stoked to get McD and see what he could do with the O talent we have. But the way he has absolutely **** the bed is nauseating, on par with the stupidity of Al Davis type of moronic, brain dead, trip over his dick dumbassery that makes me want to vomit. Every time McD gets on the phone with Cutler the situation devolves. McD's clearly got an inferiority complex and Bowlen has NOT accomplished anything with his hiring nor has he regained any control of his franchise. Quite the opposite, Bowlen has lost his franchise and given impunity to a guy who has accomplished less than I have as an NFL head coach. This is an epic fail on McKid's part and he needs to quit with his stupidity. And all of this started because McKid couldn't part with his little security blanket Matt Cassell. What an f'ing nimrod.

at least Al Davis has senility to blame for his stupidity. McDaniels is just a dumb mother****er

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:35 PM
So in 2005 We were in the AFC Championship Game. And Cutler comes in in 2006 wins less than 50% of his games and is irreplaceable?

17-20 in the last 37 games will look like a dream team compared to the mess the next 37 games will look like without him.

you want to blame him for no playoffs the last 3 years. take him away and you can kiss playoffs goodbye for the next 5 years....minimum.

Archer81
03-15-2009, 09:36 PM
17-20 in the last 37 games will look like a dream team compared to the mess the next 37 games will look like without him.

Oh really? Can you tell me what the lotto numbers will be too, kreskin?

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh really? Can you tell me what the lotto numbers will be too, kreskin?

powerball number is 6

rugbythug
03-15-2009, 09:39 PM

you want to blame him for no playoffs the last 3 years. take him away and you can kiss playoffs goodbye for the next 5 years....minimum.

BroncoMan4Over

summerdenver
03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
I think the standpoint from those upset with Bowlen is that his success owning the Broncos mainly came from Shanahan and that for whatever reason (in this case booze) he's completely lost it.

I am with those who think Bowlen should have stepped in earlier but not because of this reason.

In my view all broncos actions since the news came out seem to be intended to establish that it was cutler's fault than to really resolve the issue. I get it that culter should not have complained about trade talks and definitely should not have said that the players are with him. That was a petulant nreaction.

Why stoop to his level and play media games? What would Broncos gain by rubbing his face in it or making him look bad in the media. A seasoned coach like Jeff Fischer would have nipped it in the bud and made a statement that its an internal matter and we have Culter's back end of story. Broncos, IMHO, took confrontational tone from the beginning.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Just heard from CBS4 that Cutler has left town. Let the negotiations begin.

BroncoBuff
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Links? The most trustworthy reporter on the Broncos that I know of, Shefter, says that is not the case.

Sheesh, nobody's saying anything otherwise, even Schefter is only reporting what the Broncos told him.

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/02/28/chiefs-sweetheart-deal-for-cassel-warrants-nfl-probe/

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/did-bucs-offer-for-cassel-come-too-late/

http://www.mix1037fm.com/blog/seanconroy/?tag=bill-belichick

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2009/03/02/the-curious-case-of-matt-cassel/

Denver apparently coveted Matt Cassel, which was news to both their fanbase and to their current quarterback, Jay Cutler. He is, quite rightfully, extremely upset about the situation. And depending on who you talk to may have demanded a trade out of the Burros’ backfield. New head coach Josh McDaniels and GM Brian Xanders are being criticized for keeping Cutler in the dark about his future with the franchise, and both now have some serious PR work to do with not only the fans, but with their disgruntled QB.

http://ballhype.com/story/weei_850am_sports_radio_bucs_and_broncos_bungled_t his/

If you believe the story that four teams called Denver independently to talk deal for Jay Cutler, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you."

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_11830190 (Krieger)

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=172405

Okay, I gave you my links (that was the easy part).

NOW, GIVE ME ONE LINK TO ANY NFL GM (much less "pretty much every GM across the league", which is what Drek said and you backed up by confronting me) WHO SAID DENVER WASN'T SHOPPING HIM?

You can't, because no respecatble GM talks ourt of turn like that.

You went too far with that one, Drek.

BroncoBuff
03-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Wow .... 20 posts in 30 minutes in this thread, and now suddenly it's 25 minutes since this last one ^^^. The morale of the story is, don't make wild claims you can't back up. Things are too important right now.

And OH BY THE WAY ..... Schefter NEVER SAID the Broncos weren't trying to trade Jay. He answered in an online NFLN chat session question:
"Are the Broncos trying to trade Jay Cutler?"

"Not anymore."

Popps
03-16-2009, 01:00 AM

SoCal. I love you buddy. So, please turn away.

Hilarious! LOL :spit: :rofl: Hilarious! LOL

fdf
03-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Great... This is a huge powerplay between Cooke and McDaniels.. And your very right, Bowlen is a gutless-drunk. How can a man be so successful and just bungle something that would have been fairly easy to fix if he would have tried.

Jay would have to want it to be fixed for that to be true. He has done nothing but deliberately make things worse since the story broke. IMHO, ever since bates was let go, Cutler wanted out and the easiest way to do that is to to force this crisis. He jumped on the Cassel situation as the way to force the crisis and has since parleyed "hurt feelings" into a situation where it is almost impossible to keep him here.

He has some years left on his rookie contract. So we can trade him for good value--the new team will get the remaining lot priced years. That's worth a lot with Jays Pro-bowl skills.

IMHO, It's time to do that. I hope he ends up in a city with no offensive line or receivers and is expected to save the franchise. It'll feel like Vandy all over--Jay is gettngi smashed every play. Only difference, the big boys in i his league are a lot bigger, stronger and meaner than the folks tackling at Vandy.

Hulamau
03-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Bowlen should be disappointed in himself. Great job in allowing the thing to degenerate to this point. What ever happened to "taking over my team".

This is so clearly a huge pre-planned staged manipulation by Cook with Cutler as the pawn, maybe even a naive pawn thinking that, with Cook's reassurance, that he would get Denver to cave and give him his $100 million now and make it harder for us to rebuild this team the next couple years.

Bowlen is so disappointed too but he knows exactly whats going on and sees Cutler is just a puppet in this drama and has no intention of just wanting to find out the truth and then hes ready to play" ....

What a waste, McD was the best thing that could have happened for Cutler, now he may well wind up in some Gobi Desert with a sieve for an O-line and become just another hot armed Interception machine. Being forced to carry a team and force way too many throws he shouldn't make.

Good luck Jay .....Not!

Popps
03-16-2009, 02:36 AM
This is so clearly a huge pre-planned staged manipulation by Cook with Cutler as the pawn, maybe even a naive pawn thinking that, with Cook's reassurance, that he would get Denver to cave and give him his $100 million now and make it harder for us to rebuild this team the next couple years.

Bowlen is so disappointed too but he knows exactly whats going on and sees Cutler is just a puppet in this drama and has no intention of just wanting to find out the truth and then hes ready to play" ....

What a waste, McD was the best thing that could have happened for Cutler, now he may well wind up in some Gobi Desert with a sieve for an O-line and become just another hot armed Interception machine. Being forced to carry a team and force way too many throws he shouldn't make.

Good luck Jay .....Not!

Great post, and what an overlooked point.

Cutler could have potentially really benefited from this system and a young coach with recent experience as a winner.

Jay will regret his actions. Write it down. Jay will wish he would have handled this differently.

cutthemdown
03-16-2009, 02:42 AM
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/6660043/358290400.jpg

dude you gotta photoshop Mcdaniels onto jackson. Classic.