PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Cutler video update/Dumervil chimes in...

Popps
03-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes, more wholesome Jay Cutler Saga goodness! Nothing new... just takes...

Reporter: "Jay needs to realize it's his job to make the coach happy, no the coach's job to make him happy"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f45763&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Dumervil: Elvis sounds like an intelligent kid. His words will probably fall on deaf ears, but he's saying the right thing.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Elvis actually said all of that (or similar quotes) on Sirius earlier this afternoon. He did make it clear that he was excited about the new defense and is going to work as hard as he can for Coach McDaniels and his new coaches on defense.

barryr
03-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I believe if Cutler does not show he is on board with the new coaching staff, he risks pissing off the other players and that won't be good to say the least. When the other players don't respect their QB, that is always bad news and teams don't win much.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
the defense hated Cutler last year...

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
the defense hated Cutler last year...

Well the feeling was mutual ;D and if i were a player on the broncos i wouldn't say shyt about cutler and what's going on.

Popps
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Elvis actually said all of that (or similar quotes) on Sirius earlier this afternoon. He did make it clear that he was excited about the new defense and is going to work as hard as he can for Coach McDaniels and his new coaches on defense.

All of the pros on the team have shown excitement. Dawkins even went as far as to gently suggest (via interview) that Cutler gets this worked out so he doesn't miss the boat.

There's going to be big excitement around this team.

Just watch. This shake-up will be the best thing that has happened to us since our last big shake-up.

barryr
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
The defense hating Cutler is based on what?

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM

Probably the turnovers and the arrogance that came from the Offense. DJ: "We felt like second-class citizens".

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I believe if Cutler does not show he is on board with the new coaching staff, he risks pissing off the other players and that won't be good to say the least. When the other players don't respect their QB, that is always bad news and teams don't win much.

I don't even know if that is the case for most players. I am sure those that are REALLY close to Jay have his back through and through, but I think they are in the extreme minority on the team.

If you listened to Dumervil's tone in the interview, it's clear that he's almost in the same position as most of us fans; namely, he thinks both sides have played a part, but it's time to move on and he hopes things will work out and Cutler will be the QB.

The guys on Sirius asked Dumervil at the end of the interview, point blank, whether he thought Cutler would be the QB opening day '09. There was kind of a long pause, then Dumervil said something like (paraphrasing), "Sure, he was the QB last time I was on the field, so yeah, he'll be out there." But you can tell even he is not sure.

Archer81
03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Cutler should listen to Dawkins. Not like the man just got drafted yesterday. He's seen it all, good guy to learn from.

:Broncos:

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Probably the turnovers and the arrogance that came from the Offense. DJ: "We felt like second-class citizens".

For the record, I think DJ's comment was more an arrow aimed at the Shanahan regime, though... Jay's "we can't stop anyone" quotes probably didn't help. (True as it may have been.)

barryr
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Dawkins was also around with Philly fans wanting McNabb's head on an almost yearly basis too and getting booed on draft day as well.

The Broncos going to a 3-4 means it will be difficult for Dumervil to make the team or play alot at least, since he will have to go to a stand up position and maybe occasional cover at OLB, thinhs he has never done. It will be interesting to see if he can do it.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 04:07 PM

That was the shanahan factor and his man love for slowik and his inept defensive system.

Archer81
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Dawkins was also around with Philly fans wanting McNabb's head on an almost yearly basis too and getting booed on draft day as well.

The Broncos going to a 3-4 means it will be difficult for Dumervil to make the team or play alot at least, since he will have to go to a stand up position and maybe occasional cover at OLB, thinhs he has never done. It will be interesting to see if he can do it.

His measurables are similar to james harrison, confident Doom can do it.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM

well the public criticisms didn't help...

MechanicalBull
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM

Wasn't that more about Shanny than Cutler?

barryr
03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
His measurables are similar to james harrison, confident Doom can do it.

Size isn't the point. Harrison is a natural LB. Dumervil isn't.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Size isn't the point. Harrison is a natural LB. Dumervil isn't.

you don't know that...

Harrison wasn't projected to do what he did last season...

let's wait and see how the guy does before making such blind proclamations...

barryr
03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
you don't know that...

Harrison wasn't projected to do what he did last season...

let's wait and see how the guy does before making such blind proclamations...

Yes, I do know that. Harrison was a LB in college, while Dumervil was a DE. I stated Dumervil will have to make a transition to a position he has never played before. I didn't say he couldn't do it, just stating facts.