PDA

View Full Version : Have fun in Detroit, Jay!

Gort
03-15-2009, 01:48 PM
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2009/reliques/reliques_02.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089,00.html

remember, the grass isn't always greener elsewhere! bwah hha hahha hah ha!

on the plus side, they've got a good young coach in Jim Schwarz, so maybe not all hope is lost. however, i'd bet Denver makes it back to the superbowl with a QB-to-be-named-later sooner than any Detroit team led by Jay "I'm Bigger Than The Team" Cutler.

Disclaimer - i do not have any inside info. i'm just speculating that Jay will soon be traded to Detroit.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 01:52 PM
that house looks haunted...

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Detroit is the most depressing city in America. Capital of the Rust Belt.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 01:56 PM

I feel bad for Detroit residents, not because of a possible trade involving Cuter, but because this recession has really stung them.

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I feel bad for Detroit residents, not because of a possible trade involving Cuter, but because this recession has really stung them.

****, dude, they've been stung since the 80s. If I remember correctly, their poverty percentage hovers around 33%. Unemployment at 14%.

spdirty
Misleading thread title...Was worried Jay had been traded already.

theAPAOps5
****, dude, they've been stung since the 80s. If I remember correctly, their poverty percentage hovers around 50%.

Good point.

Gort
03-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Detroit has been reeling for decades. they have a corrupt local government (think 3rd world or New Orleans style corruption) and they've long ago driven away anyone who could flee to the suburbs.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Detroit has been reeling for decades. they have a corrupt local government (think 3rd world or New Orleans style corruption) and they've long ago driven away anyone who could flee to the suburbs.

Yeah I misspoke when I made that first comment.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Don't worry Omni Consumer Products will have the place cleaned up in no time!

http://i.techrepublic.com.com/blogs/ocp_logo.jpg

Gort
03-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Don't worry Omni Consumer Products will have the place cleaned up in no time!

http://i.techrepublic.com.com/blogs/ocp_logo.jpg

we could use Robocop at LB! i'd trade Nate Webster for Robocop even-up. oops, we released Mr. My-Helmet-Is-A-Projectile already. d'oh!

baja
03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Guess the average cost of a house in Detroit?

$13,000

That's right - look it up.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Cutler to Calvin Johnson would be epic.

Dagmar
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm beginning to think my 6 jersey will be redundant next season.

Dagmar
03-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Guess the average cost of a house in Detroit?

$13,000

That's right - look it up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_otfwl2zc6Qc/SEQNbFMFBvI/AAAAAAAAEsU/Hdkmk0aEFMc/s400/detroit.bmp

jacob2125
03-15-2009, 02:08 PM
This place would have a meltdown if Jay was Traded to Detroit and they had a Miami-like comeback this year and we are below .500.

Florida_Bronco
03-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Good God, can't we start merging these worthless "hey, look at me!" threads, or at least send them to the butt where they belong?

TDmvp
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM

I'd say Huntington, West Virginia ...
In an MSNBC report published November 16, 2008, Huntington was rated as the most unhealthy city in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntington,_WV

A report issued by the Centers for Disease Control August 15th, 2008 using survey data from 2006 found that 24.3% of adults 18 years-of-age or older reported themselves as in poor to fair health. [12] The survey also found that 48.1% of residents over 65 years of age in the Huntington-Ashland, West Virginia-Kentucky-Ohio statistical area had all their natural teeth extracted. In addition, the CDC reports that 45.5% of adults older than 20 years are obese. 21.6% of adults over 45 years of age reported a diagnosis of coronary heart disease while another 12.7% of adults aged 18 or older reported a diagnosis of diabetes. An Associated Press article describes lifestyle and cultural barriers as obstacles to better public health.[13] As examples, the article describes local eating habits (the number of pizza shops in Huntington alone exceeding the total number of health clubs available in the entire state of West Virginia), the relatively sedentary culture, and poor education as causes for health issues described in the CDC report. In an MSNBC report published November 16, 2008, Huntington was rated as the most unhealthy city in the United States. The study took into consideration obesity rates, toothlessness, and levels of healthcare.

Gort
03-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Good God, can't we start merging these worthless "hey, look at me!" threads, or at least send them to the butt where they belong?

oh shut your pie hole. this thread has a slideshow showing Detroit urban decay. it's not a "hey look at me" thread. your post is more of a "hey look at me" post than anything else on this thread. send your moronic self to the butt.

mhgaffney
03-15-2009, 02:25 PM
The reason for Detriot's decline?

The collapse of the US auto industry. It started a long time ago. The off shoring of US steel and other major industries did not help.

With leadership int he White House it all could have been avoided. But we haven't had a president capable of genuine leadership since the early 1960s.

Spider
03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Sure is a shame at one time , that was an awesome house .......... Detroit has been hit hard for a long time , but it wasnt always the economy's fault , the people in Detroit , made that place into a hell hole , Crime was through the roof , seedy hoods , people didnt give a damn ..........Now it has came back to haunt them

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Detroit gets what it deserves for the idiots they elect to run their city, help elect idiots to run their state, and letting pathetic unions run everything. To me Detroit is like a mini-USSR minus the death squads (so to speak). It's the prime example of what type of city you should avoid turning into.

Spider
03-15-2009, 02:51 PM
The reason for Detriot's decline?

The collapse of the US auto industry. It started a long time ago. The off shoring of US steel and other major industries did not help.

With leadership int he White House it all could have been avoided. But we haven't had a president capable of genuine leadership since the early 1960s.

Naw , thats the chicken**** way out to blame government , the people of Detroit shoulder alot of the blame .....they turned that city into a **** hole back in the 80's , I remember getting memos in my logs ..BEWARE Cinder blocks are being dropped off of over passes on to Semis in and out side of Detroit .......... Truckers didnt want to go in , and tourist didnt want ot go there .........New York City back in the late 80's early 90's was a safer place to go ...........

Spider
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Detroit gets what it deserves for the idiots they elect to run their city, help elect idiots to run their state, and letting pathetic unions run everything. To me Detroit is like a mini-USSR minus the death squads (so to speak). It's the prime example of what type of city you should avoid turning into.

Unions ? LOL you are an Idiot .........I doubt you have ever been to Detroit , you only know what you hear on TV ......

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2009/reliques/reliques_02.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089,00.html

remember, the grass isn't always greener elsewhere! bwah hha hahha hah ha!

on the plus side, they've got a good young coach in Jim Schwarz, so maybe not all hope is lost. however, i'd bet Denver makes it back to the superbowl with a QB-to-be-named-later sooner than any Detroit team led by Jay "I'm Bigger Than The Team" Cutler.

Disclaimer - i do not have any inside info. i'm just speculating that Jay will soon be traded to Detroit.

i'd bet Jay leads Detroit to more wins over the next 2 years until he is eligible for FA than McDaniels leads Denver to without Jay. and then when FA for Jay happens he will leave there and cash in an play for a team of his choosing, and win a championship before we do

TDmvp
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Naw , thats the chicken**** way out to blame government , the people of Detroit shoulder alot of the blame .....they turned that city into a **** hole back in the 80's , I remember getting memos in my logs ..BEWARE Cinder blocks are being dropped off of over passes on to Semis in and out side of Detroit .......... Truckers didnt want to go in , and tourist didnt want ot go there .........New York City back in the late 80's early 90's was a safer place to go ...........

Unions ? LOL you are an Idiot .........I doubt you have ever been to Detroit , you only know what you hear on TV ......

ok I'm confused , who are we blaming LOL ...

Spider
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
ok I'm confused , who are we blaming LOL ...

The people themselfs , not the government , local leaders , or freaking Unions ... crime went rampant , So many people moved there in hopes of work etc back in the 50's ....... then along came organized crime , worse then what was in Chicago , when we would get our packet , they would warm of thugs dropping cinder blocks off of over passes , and loads of Meat being high jacked , it was bad ...
New York City was rough , specially hunts point , but more of an area of Detroit , Pontiac , Lincoln park , Dearborn etc was at least equal in crime as the bronx new York .........at one time Detroit was the 4 th largest city in America .......... My only beef with Michigan is their screwed up frost law ........ Idiots