PDA

View Full Version : Biggest story of the Broncos offseason?

montrose
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Intrigued to see the response.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Firing Mike was the catalyst for every mis-step since.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Firing Mike was the catalyst for every mis-step since.

Beat me to it.

atomicbloke
03-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Signing the Long Snapper of the future?

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Beat me to it.

Wrong, Shanny standing by Slowik was the misstep that brought change that became clear was needed. You guys are just having a hard time dealing with it!

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Wrong, Shanny standing by Slowik was the misstep that brought change that became clear was needed. You guys are just having a hard time dealing with it!

Yup.

You sure nailed it...

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Yup.

You sure nailed it...

I know I did..... :sunshine:

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I know I did

Mmm hmm. Because I wasn't excited about the new defensive staff AND the head coach?

Since then, he's hired a scrub offensive staff, fired our savior scouts AFTER THE SENIOR BOWL, hired someone to replace them that had been working at ESPN the past few years, blew a bunch of money on retread FAs when better and younger players were available for the same price, oh and a little thing about trying to trade our franchise, pro bowl QB.

Bang up off-season, McD... and "it's only just begunnnn"

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Yep he is going to fix the real D problems with the draft, as it should be.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Yep he is going to fix the real D problems with the draft, as it should be.

With the guy he hired from ESPN? That wasn't good enough to be in pro football the past few years? REALLY?!?!?

:spit:

That's great. Really.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
With the guy he hired from ESPN? That wasn't good enough to be in pro football the past few years? REALLY?!?!?

:spit:

That's great. Really.

Dude you don't care what I think, and I don't care what you think regarding this. So we are just pounding heads against the wall. In fact thats what all of us are doing.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Dude you don't care what I think, and I don't care what you think regarding this. So we are just pounding heads against the wall. In fact thats what all of us are doing.

That's not true. I'd love to hear where your faith in this new FO comes from. I like the new D coaching staff... and that's it. Everything else has been ugly and then some.

montrose
03-15-2009, 01:00 PM

In all fairness, it doesn't appear too many teams haven't been beating down the Goodman's doors to get their hands on those reports prior to the draft.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:02 PM
In all fairness, it doesn't appear too many teams haven't been beating down the Goodman's doors to get their hands on those reports prior to the draft.

Because that would involve firing their own guys that were at the senior bowl and the combine and now pro days. Unless you think they'd take a demotion just to be working THIS YEAR.

I guarantee you, they'll be in action again in one years time and it won't be with ESPN

OBF1
03-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Where is the Dortoh coming out choice???

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2009, 01:21 PM
It's Shanahan, unless Jay won a couple of Superbowls and was named coach for life while I wasn't looking....

montrose
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Because that would involve firing their own guys that were at the senior bowl and the combine and now pro days. Unless you think they'd take a demotion just to be working THIS YEAR.

I guarantee you, they'll be in action again in one years time and it won't be with ESPN

I'll buy Jim working again next year in scouting somewhere although I am a bit surprised so one has brought him in as a consultant for the draft. Well, offensive consultant at least.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I'll buy Jim working again next year in scouting somewhere although I am a bit surprised so one has brought him in as a consultant for the draft. Well, offensive consultant at least.

Don't forget, he's probably also being paid by Bowlen this year. Doing that would probably void whatever "good faith" pay was worked into his contract.

watermock
03-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Hell, I'd keep Slowdick a this point. We got a couple playersDawkins, Goodman, ) and we draft 8 more on D plus some players come off ir like Champ powell and Hillis....get a RB...

Firing Shanahan set off the domino effect.

MechanicalBull
03-15-2009, 01:43 PM
No option of the espn breaking story of Shanny going to rival KC? Or the signing, not signing, then signing of J.J. Arrington?

MechanicalBull
03-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Hell, I'd keep Slowdick a this point. We got a couple playersDawkins, Goodman, ) and we draft 8 more on D plus some players come off ir like Champ powell and Hillis....get a RB...

Firing Shanahan set off the domino effect.

But that's the thing. Who knows if we would've gotten Dawkins and so on with Shanny and Slowik at the helm?

Pick Six
03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Nothing has made people jump to conclusions more than the Jay Cutler saga...

telluride
03-15-2009, 02:18 PM
The biggest story of the season is that we'll have a season that's actually interesting to see unfold. For the past 5-10 years, we've essentially been on a repeat cycle. Start fast, fade late, field an unaccountable and crappy defense, lose games we should win, fail to show up for several games entirely, and, ultimately, miss the playoffs or flame out in round one. Then, during the offseason, claim that we're only "one or two players away." It's been this way for almost a decade. No more.

I'm excited about this season, drama and all.

Dexter
03-15-2009, 02:35 PM
The biggest story has to be the Jay Cutler Saga.

The Mike Shanahan firing was pretty big and a surprise, but nobody thought we'd be potentially trading Cutler and not having him for 2010.

At this point, I'm pretty sure he's gone, and I would have told you to stop smoking crack if I was told this a month ago.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Seriously no one agrees it was Marshall? :angel:

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:37 PM

LOL

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM

There is your new persona. You can blame everything on Bmarsh. Run with it!

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Nope its still the gutless drunk...... Cutler. :)

Rather than piss people off I am going to try and add humor to tense situations from now on.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Nope its still the gutless drunk...... Cutler. :)

Rather than piss people off I am going to try and add humor to tense situations from now on.

Well if you need help with a testosterone jack let me know.......bitch!

montrose
03-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Don't forget, he's probably also being paid by Bowlen this year. Doing that would probably void whatever "good faith" pay was worked into his contract.

Good point.