PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, it is time to trade Jay Cutler

HEAV
03-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Did it ever have to come to this? Did we ever have to reach the point where the Denver Broncos are going to be more or less forced to trade their Pro Bowl quarterback? Sadly, to paraphrase the TV commercials, “You know that place where the need for authority intersects with a star player’s hurt feelings? We’re so there.”

It doesn’t appear as if Jay Cutler is going to be able to work with Josh McDaniels. Ever. Both sides have made mistakes in this mess, but in the end, McDaniels is doing the right thing by standing firm and making sure everyone knows he’s in charge. Did he mishandle the whole Cutler-for-Matt Cassell thing? Probably. It was a bad idea, trying to acquire a guy who’s had one good year since high school and giving up a player who just made the Pro Bowl. That part of it aside, it would have been better to let Cutler know at the outset that no Bronco player was untouchable, and that while the team wasn’t looking to trade him, it was possible his name would come up and that’s just the way the business goes. Tell Cutler that ahead of time, and he’d have absolutely no grounds to be upset when it did happen.

On the other hand, McDaniels and the Bronco brass have to establish their authority, and they are absolutely right that in order to make the team better, they have to be willing to talk about any and every player on the roster if a name comes up in trade talks. Who cares who initiated the discussion? That’s all it is – a business discussion. They weren’t disrespecting Cutler in any way.

So now Cutler is PO’d, which is on him. As I - and dozens of others locally and nationally - pointed out right after the news of the trade talks first broke, he needs to grow up and act like a professional. Instead, he’s been at home pouting for two weeks. He won’t even come to Denver to meet McDaniels face to face. Cutler couldn’t have handled this worse. You can likely put a lot of it on his agent, Bus Cook (the same bozo who orchestrated the whole Brett Favre fiasco last summer). Cook has obviously filled Cutler with a lot of hot air. Put it this way, if the agent said, “Go to Denver and meet with your coach” Cutler would have been here a week ago. Instead, he’s been petulant and insubordinate.

So now we’ve reached the point where everyone’s has their “macho” up and there doesn’t seem to be any turning back. This time, I have to side with Denver Post columnist Mark Kisla. It doesn’t look like things will ever be what they need to be for Cutler and the new Denver Broncos regime. It’s time to make a trade.

The NFL Draft is coming up in a few weeks. That means it’s “trading season.” Call the Detroit Lions and make a deal to send Cutler and his baggage to Detroit (wow, talk about exile…) for the first pick in the draft and more. If you’re the Lions, and you’re considering drafting Georgia’s Matthew Stafford, why wouldn’t you take Cutler instead? Meanwhile, the Broncos can go out and grab a couple of studs with the top pick - and the 12th pick - to help the beleaguered defense. B.J. Raji from Boston College and Aaron Curry from Wake Forest would fit the bill nicely.

And the Broncos might as well get used to the idea of Chris Simms under center, at least for awhile. Hey, they seemed willing to give the keys to someone named Matt Cassell, right? Simms has a better pedigree than Cassell, and if McDaniels can ‘coach him up’ as they say, he could be just fine. We’ll…okay at least.

The Broncos rebuilding job is just starting under McDaniels. With or without Cutler, they’re no threat to make the play-offs next season. What the new coach needs for success in the long run is players who believe and want to be with him in Denver. Cutler no longer fits that description.

-Mark Knudson

http://www.examiner.com/x-2170-Colorado-Sports-Examiner~y2009m3d13-Sadly-it-is-time-to-trade-Jay-Cutler

SureShot
03-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Mark Knudson is a hack.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Yep, Raji and Curry will both be there at #12 for the Broncos to pick.

Stick to baseball and CSU Knudson and let everyone else talk about the Broncos.

Spider
03-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I think Heav owes me money for reading this ............

Captain 'Dre
03-15-2009, 01:27 PM
A lot of "spot on" takes in that article, although I believe Jay's behavior in the last couple of months has lowered his trade value. Some might say that the Lions would be stupid to part with high picks for a guy with such obvious deficits in maturity and leadership.

I also think that the trade value for Jay was pretty much established by the failed discussions with the Patriots. If the Broncos' front office was willing to accept a swap of 1st round picks, plus another pick outside the 1st round, I don't see the offers going up from there.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd like to throw a cobra at his midsection

SureShot
03-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I'd like to throw a cobra at his midsection

A cobra with AIDS!

Tombstone RJ
Did it ever have to come to this? Did we ever have to reach the point where the Denver Broncos are going to be more or less forced to trade their Pro Bowl quarterback? Sadly, to paraphrase the TV commercials, “You know that place where the need for authority intersects with a star player’s hurt feelings? We’re so there.”

It doesn’t appear as if Jay Cutler is going to be able to work with Josh McDaniels. Ever. Both sides have made mistakes in this mess, but in the end, McDaniels is doing the right thing by standing firm and making sure everyone knows he’s in charge. Did he mishandle the whole Cutler-for-Matt Cassell thing? Probably. It was a bad idea, trying to acquire a guy who’s had one good year since high school and giving up a player who just made the Pro Bowl. That part of it aside, it would have been better to let Cutler know at the outset that no Bronco player was untouchable, and that while the team wasn’t looking to trade him, it was possible his name would come up and that’s just the way the business goes. Tell Cutler that ahead of time, and he’d have absolutely no grounds to be upset when it did happen.

On the other hand, McDaniels and the Bronco brass have to establish their authority, and they are absolutely right that in order to make the team better, they have to be willing to talk about any and every player on the roster if a name comes up in trade talks. Who cares who initiated the discussion? That’s all it is – a business discussion. They weren’t disrespecting Cutler in any way.

So now Cutler is PO’d, which is on him. As I - and dozens of others locally and nationally - pointed out right after the news of the trade talks first broke, he needs to grow up and act like a professional. Instead, he’s been at home pouting for two weeks. He won’t even come to Denver to meet McDaniels face to face. Cutler couldn’t have handled this worse. You can likely put a lot of it on his agent, Bus Cook (the same bozo who orchestrated the whole Brett Favre fiasco last summer). Cook has obviously filled Cutler with a lot of hot air. Put it this way, if the agent said, “Go to Denver and meet with your coach” Cutler would have been here a week ago. Instead, he’s been petulant and insubordinate.

So now we’ve reached the point where everyone’s has their “macho” up and there doesn’t seem to be any turning back. This time, I have to side with Denver Post columnist Mark Kisla. It doesn’t look like things will ever be what they need to be for Cutler and the new Denver Broncos regime. It’s time to make a trade.

The NFL Draft is coming up in a few weeks. That means it’s “trading season.” Call the Detroit Lions and make a deal to send Cutler and his baggage to Detroit (wow, talk about exile…) for the first pick in the draft and more. If you’re the Lions, and you’re considering drafting Georgia’s Matthew Stafford, why wouldn’t you take Cutler instead? Meanwhile, the Broncos can go out and grab a couple of studs with the top pick - and the 12th pick - to help the beleaguered defense. B.J. Raji from Boston College and Aaron Curry from Wake Forest would fit the bill nicely.

And the Broncos might as well get used to the idea of Chris Simms under center, at least for awhile. Hey, they seemed willing to give the keys to someone named Matt Cassell, right? Simms has a better pedigree than Cassell, and if McDaniels can ‘coach him up’ as they say, he could be just fine. We’ll…okay at least.

The Broncos rebuilding job is just starting under McDaniels. With or without Cutler, they’re no threat to make the play-offs next season. What the new coach needs for success in the long run is players who believe and want to be with him in Denver. Cutler no longer fits that description.

-Mark Knudson

http://www.examiner.com/x-2170-Colorado-Sports-Examiner~y2009m3d13-Sadly-it-is-time-to-trade-Jay-Cutler

Quoting the Denve Pile is bad writing. I can see Knudson's point, but he should have sourced the OMane. I'd have more respect for the guy.

Spider
A lot of "spot on" takes in that article, although I believe Jay's behavior in the last couple of months has lowered his trade value. Some might say that the Lions would be stupid to part with high picks for a guy with such obvious deficits in maturity and leadership.

I also think that the trade value for Jay was pretty much established by the failed discussions with the Patriots. If the Broncos' front office was willing to accept a swap of 1st round picks, plus another pick outside the 1st round, I don't see the offers going up from there.
I wouldnt put much stock on the truth , this sounds more media stirred up and driven , then the actual parties involved .......
Chances are both parties read a piece like this and say what in the hell.... I didnt say that like that .

Broncoman13
03-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Hack or not, that article is on the mark. He hit the nail on the head. Not sure I want the 1st overall pick in the draft though. It would be nice if there was a sure fire can't miss skill position player, but there isn't. It would be nice if there wasn't 5 first round caliber OTs... but there are. The #1 overall is going to get paid too much money. When the #1 pick makes more than guys like Champ Bailey, something is wrong. And, I don't think anybody is going to trade for it. IF we could trade down a bit, I'd do it in a heart beat. Even taking a little less value would be okay with me. Send it to someone like the Seahawks for the 5th, and a swap of picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I don't care as long as we're not trapped with the pick and having to pay anyone the kind of $$$ the #1 demands!

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Yep, Raji and Curry will both be there at #12 for the Broncos to pick.

Stick to baseball and CSU Knudson and let everyone else talk about the Broncos.

He meant with the #12 and #1.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
A cobra with a 15 inch dick with AIDS!

Fixed!

Bob's your Information Minister
03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
so sad

JCMElway
03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow. If we got Curry and Raji that would be worth this whole fiasco.

I still say taking detroit's #2 pick this year and their number #1 next year would work out nicely as well. I would not mind seeing Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford under center.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 01:35 PM
say what you want, but at this point i think it's time to trade Jay...

i'd prefer to win with the guy, but i don't think it's a good idea to go into the draft and beyond with this internal rift...

this is a time of big change for the Broncos and we have to be a united front in order to pull this transition off...

so regardless of who is right or wrong, this team needs to make the best of the current situation, and i think it is to get great value for Cutler to improve the team in other areas and develop another QB to run the team for right now...even if that person is Chris Simms...

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Hack or not, that article is on the mark. He hit the nail on the head. Not sure I want the 1st overall pick in the draft though. It would be nice if there was a sure fire can't miss skill position player, but there isn't. It would be nice if there wasn't 5 first round caliber OTs... but there are. The #1 overall is going to get paid too much money. When the #1 pick makes more than guys like Champ Bailey, something is wrong. And, I don't think anybody is going to trade for it. IF we could trade down a bit, I'd do it in a heart beat. Even taking a little less value would be okay with me. Send it to someone like the Seahawks for the 5th, and a swap of picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I don't care as long as we're not trapped with the pick and having to pay anyone the kind of $$$ the #1 demands!

Now your just dreaming. If the Broncos trade Cutler it will be a one-trade-and-done deal. Cutler to Detroit for the #1 overall and some change, is a big trade and the devil is in the details. If this happened Detroit will come out smelling like roses and McX will look like morons. Still going with Simms and drafting a QB in the mid to late rounds, is classic NE. Use the #1 pick on Curry or Raji and make defense a priority.

Can you see Curry as the new leader of this team?

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 01:38 PM
A cobra with AIDS!

Haha. Rep. LOL

atomicbloke
Wow. If we got Curry and Raji that would be worth this whole fiasco.

I still say taking detroit's #2 pick this year and their number #1 next year would work out nicely as well. I would not mind seeing Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford under center.

Not a fan of future picks due to the recent past.

If Cutler and Calvin team up to lead the Lions to the playoffs in a weak division, the joke will be on us.

Detroit's #1 and #20 this year and nothing less.

Pseudofool
As much as I agree with some of the sentiment, this jumps the gun. Monday is the watershed event. And then we'll have some clear answers.

SoCalBronco
Fixed!

Brilliant.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Fixed!

:spit:

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Now your just dreaming. If the Broncos trade Cutler it will be a one-trade-and-done deal. Cutler to Detroit for the #1 overall and some change, is a big trade and the devil is in the details. If this happened Detroit will come out smelling like roses and McX will look like morons. Still going with Simms and drafting a QB in the mid to late rounds, is classic NE. Use the #1 pick on Curry or Raji and make defense a priority.

you're wrong...

Denver could get more than that for trading him or just trade with a diff team...

personally i don't think we'd pursue the #1 pick anyways...

Ray Finkle
03-15-2009, 01:42 PM
I hate to say it, I agree.....

Whether you side on McDaniels or Cutler, Cutler is the one that needs to grow up. A team can trade a player or ask him to improve???? wow, most would take that as a good thing but no, Jay pouts and Cook stirs the pot. I would rather be 8-8 with a team than 8-8 with drama.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 01:54 PM
you're wrong...

Denver could get more than that for trading him or just trade with a diff team...

personally i don't think we'd pursue the #1 pick anyways...

I disagree. The Broncos get the #1, they have the#12 (which they can trade too) and Detroit throws in some conditional trades.

Anyone who doesn't think that's a pretty good deal for both teams (Cutler is a known commodity, as is his salary. Plus Detroit doesn't have to pay for the first pick) is kidding themselves.

Broncoman13
03-15-2009, 01:54 PM

Wait, what?

The Broncos acquire #1 overall for Cutler and you think that is a poor trade for either side? I'll be honest, right now I doubt the Broncos can get that much value for Cutler. They've been dragging his name through the mud for the past week or so in an effort to get the public back on McD's side. The downside to all of that is now Cutler looks like an asshat and his trade value is diminished greatly. IMO, Cutler would be worth the Lions #1 AND #20 picks! But, right now I would be surprised if it was anything more than #20 and a future. In fact, I think what will end up happening is #33 and a future for Cutler. That future could (and likely will) be a #1 in 2010.

As for the #1 pick, if we were able to get it, do you think Curry is worth $30-40m in guaranteed money? A LB in the 3-4 system that isn't a DeMarcus Ware/Terrel Suggs type. How about Raji... One good year in college. And, we're going to be asking him to play NT. A position where his best attribute would be to occupy blockers and make the occasional play from the NT position. You think that is worth $30-40m (just in guaranteed money mind you, total contract will be around $65m over 5 years). Jake Long last year signed a contract for almost $60m with $30m guaranteed. I think the going increase from year to year is 15%. So figure $35m in guaranteed money and a total contract of $65m. Most here wouldn't be willing to pay Julius Peppers that kind of money. I don't remember too many people wanting to pay Haynesworth insane money either. Why on earth would anyone want to pay a rookie that much money?

Thus the trade out of that spot even if it means taking less value than normal. In years past the #1 to #5 was a future first and a very high 2nd round pick, plus a decent player (Falcons/Chargers trade that gave the Falcons Vick and Chargers Tomlinson, Brees, and Dwight). Unfortunately there isn't a "Vick" in this draft. Nobody really wants to be in that #1 spot which is why we would most likely have to take less value for that pick. In fact, I think the Lions might want to trade that pick for Cutler with that being a major part of the reason. Hell, it would be really smart for the Lions to try and trade the #1 for Cutler and #12. I think our FO is stupid enough to do that.

Broncoman13
03-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I disagree. The Broncos get the #1, they have the#12 (which they can trade too) and Detroit throws in some conditional trades.

Anyone who doesn't think that's a pretty good deal for both teams (Cutler is a known commodity, as is his salary. Plus Detroit doesn't have to pay for the first pick) is kidding themselves.

Again, why would we want the #1 pick?

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 01:58 PM

which is part of the reason why we'd get more for Cutler...

the #1 overall pick is more of a burden than a benefit...with the amount of money you have to pay to that pick, if you miss on the pick it can kill a franchise...

so trading a 25 yr old (so-called proven to be) "franchise QB" for an unknown commodity set to be paid ridiculous cash is a lopsided trade by all accounts...

trading Culter for the #1 overall pick straight up is not enough...

barryr
03-15-2009, 01:59 PM
It appears to me, if the reports are true, that Cutler wants to be traded.

OBF1
03-15-2009, 02:04 PM
A cobra with AIDS!

Hey dumb ass, Cold blooded animals can not have AIDS :welcome:

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Sweet. No more condoms for me!

OBF1
03-15-2009, 02:06 PM
If the Broncos ended up with the 1st overall pick, Would it be out of the realm of possibilites that they pull a Minnesota Vikings and let a pick or 2 go by before submitting their draft pick hence saving money by not picking #1 ???

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm tired of the little fag and his agent. Peace.

OBF1
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm tired of the little fag and his agent. Peace.

Stop talking about TheRev like that ROFL!

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:08 PM

Its reptilian AIDS **** head.;)

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM
If the Broncos ended up with the 1st overall pick, Would it be out of the realm of possibilites that they pull a Minnesota Vikings and let a pick or 2 go by before submitting their draft pick hence saving money by not picking #1 ???

Yup. This discussion came up last year too. The commissioner won't let the draft process become a mockery. The new CBA will CERTAINLY have a rookie cap on it.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 02:18 PM
The new CBA will CERTAINLY have a rookie cap on it.

Just like the current one has?

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Sweet. No more condoms for me!

Thats kills me:rofl:

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM

It will be interesting to get your take on the situation once its over.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Just like the current one has?

I meant pre-slotted pay for each draft position.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Again, why would we want the #1 pick?

I'd take Curry as the #1. Why not?

I'll capitulate on the the Broncos trying to trade the #1 if they get it in a trade with Detroit, but if the Broncos can't trade the overall #1, then taking the best player in the draft with the #1 pick is not a bad deal. Curry would become the leader of this young defense, and he'd have Dawkins as a mentor. Andra Davis is a great mentor too for the young LBer. Plus Champ Bailey can teach Curry a thing or two.

Just saying, I'd do it.

kupesdad
It will be interesting to get your take on the situation once its over.

I'm so over this bull****. I guess Monday will tell the tale

TheReverend

Hey, it's the least I could after that awesome PM you sent me about how the lockerroom all thinks McD is a douche and half retarded!

(JUST KIDDING!)

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey, it's the least I could after that awesome PM you sent me about how the lockerroom all thinks McD is a douche and half retarded!

(JUST KIDDING!)

you ****er...you don't know how many times Chris has called me and said "I heard on the Broncos website you said ...."

barryr
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd take Curry as the #1. Why not?

I'll capitulate on the the Broncos trying to trade the #1 if they get it in a trade with Detroit, but if the Broncos can't trade the overall #1, then taking the best player in the draft with the #1 pick is not a bad deal. Curry would become the leader of this young defense, and he'd have Dawkins as a mentor. Andra Davis is a great mentor too for the young LBer. Plus Champ Bailey can teach Curry a thing or two.

Just saying, I'd do it.

I'd be surprised the Lions would want Cutler that badly to trade the top pick. The Lions need a lot, not just a QB.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 02:34 PM
which is part of the reason why we'd get more for Cutler...

the #1 overall pick is more of a burden than a benefit...with the amount of money you have to pay to that pick, if you miss on the pick it can kill a franchise...

so trading a 25 yr old (so-called proven to be) "franchise QB" for an unknown commodity set to be paid ridiculous cash is a lopsided trade by all accounts...

trading Culter for the #1 overall pick straight up is not enough...

I love Cutler and I do think he's the best young gun in the NFL. That being said, his value is down right now with all his drama.

You can't get something unless your willing to give something. A trade has to be fair for both parties, and asking a bad Detroit team to give up too much is stupid. You have to make the Lions think this trade is fair. That is why the conditional picks is a key.

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I love Cutler and I do think he's the best young gun in the NFL. That being said, his value is down right now with all his drama.

You can't get something unless your willing to give something. A trade has to be fair for both parties, and asking a bad Detroit team to give up too much is stupid. You have to make the Lions think this trade is fair. That is why the conditional picks is a key.

I can name about 20 teams that would give whatever they wanted for Cutler. I mean look at TO. Moss, and a number of other DB's that just move from team to team like the teflon POS they are. And Jay isn't even close to any of those guys...he's a young guy that got his feelings hurt. I can't count the stupid thing I did at his age (and a number of them had to do with my employer)

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:38 PM

(JUST KIDDING!)

I just got a PM from kupesdad that this is all because McD tried to sexually assault Miles.

Gross.

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I just got a PM from kupesdad that this is all because McD tried to sexually assault Miles.

Gross.

No. it was the rev.... and Miles wasn't fighting back

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I can name about 20 teams that would give whatever they wanted for Cutler. I mean look at TO. Moss, and a number of other DB's that just move from team to team like the teflon POS they are. And Jay isn't even close to any of those guys...he's a young guy that got his feelings hurt. I can't count the stupid thing I did at his age (and a number of them had to do with my employer)

OMG I'm telling Chris! You're so ****ed.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM

$20 for vid.

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:42 PM

Gross.

BTW I don't think you got SureShot from all your years in the Army.....

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:42 PM

Dude Rev is into snakes don't you know?

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:43 PM

Wait... wtf!?!?

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:44 PM

No...he's a trysexual...he'll try anything...chickens..dirt

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Uh huh. $100 later and NOW you're complaining?!?!?

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm so over this bull****. I guess Monday will tell the tale

What a bummer for the team, the fans, everyone I guess but Cutlers agent if he get's to make a new deal for Jake this yr instead of a couple yrs from now.

In any event quarterbacks with attitudes like Cutler rarely win in the NFL. I can't think of one QB that forced a trade and then went on to be a champion. I'm sure there is some but I can't think of them.

No way this is the coaches fault at this point IMO. Cutler is a baby and I wish your son would body slam his agent.

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:46 PM

I'm going back into "lurk" mode...have a nice day gentlemen ( And I mean that VERY loosely)

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I'd rather the Broncos not suck ass for the next few years and watch the youth of this potent offense dwindle away as we all wonder what could have been.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM

That's gotta be what Cook/Cutler are banking on.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I can't think of one QB that forced a trade and then went on to be a champion. I'm sure there is some but I can't think of them.

You are joking right?

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/9433/elway6125_medium.jpg

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
What a bummer for the team, the fans, everyone I guess but Cutlers agent if he get's to make a new deal for Jake this yr instead of a couple yrs from now.

In any event quarterbacks with attitudes like Cutler rarely win in the NFL. I can't think of one QB that forced a trade and then went on to be a champion. I'm sure there is some but I can't think of them.

No way this is the coaches fault at this point IMO. Cutler is a baby and I wish your son would body slam his agent.

It will never happen with Chris. His agent is a great guy..He just left Anchorage on Wednesday after helping me and Chris put on a clinic for Linemen.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm going back into "lurk" mode...have a nice day gentlemen ( And I mean that VERY loosely)

Thanks for lightening the mood kupesdad.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Elway and Eli come to mind right off the bat...

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for lightening the mood kupesdad.

No...thank you guys I don't post much but I laugh my ass off watching you guys blow up...It's -52 F where I'm working and I don't want to out to my truck

Of course I meant go out..I will never "out" my truck. He'll have to come out of the closet just like Kaylore..(the wedding didn't fool me big boy)

Bob's your Information Minister
03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
crying sad tears

for this sad situtation

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
No...thank you guys I don't post much but I laugh my ass off watching you guys blow up...It's -52 F where I'm working and I don't want to out to my truck

Damn dude doesn't Chris have a basement or guest house or something? Thats way to fing cold and I live at 9000 ft.

barryr
03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Elway and Eli come to mind right off the bat...

Elway's championships came a decade later when the Broncos finally got a RB and a defense. Eli won his with a great defense.

Hum, what's common here? Oh yeah, a defense, something that the Broncos did not have the last 3 years with Shanahan as coach. But wait, I know, this year was the year that would be fixed. With that great Bob Slowic, who is going to get hired any minute to run an NFL defense.

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Damn dude doesn't Chris have a basement or guest house or something? Thats way to fing cold and I live at 9000 ft.

We lived there...His little Bro hated Denver..50 grand later we're back in alaska

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Elway's championships came a decade later when the Broncos finally got a RB and a defense. Eli won his with a great defense.

Hum, what's common here? Oh yeah, a defense, something that the Broncos did not have the last 3 years with Shanahan as coach. But wait, I know, this year was the year that would be fixed. With that great Bob Slowic, who is going to get hired any minute to run an NFL defense.

PM TJ or a mod and ask if they can change your handle to "Obtuse"

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
We lived there...His little Bro hated Denver..50 grand later we're back in alaska

For $50,000 you could've bought a better little bro for him.

Spider
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Not entirely accurate ..... Championship ........ AFC the Drive AFC Champions the Drive part 2 ,then 1989 AFC championship

FireFly
03-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Thus the trade out of that spot even if it means taking less value than normal. In years past the #1 to #5 was a future first and a very high 2nd round pick, plus a decent player (Falcons/Chargers trade that gave the Falcons Vick and Chargers Tomlinson, Brees, and Dwight). Unfortunately there isn't a "Vick" in this draft. Nobody really wants to be in that #1 spot which is why we would most likely have to take less value for that pick. In fact, I think the Lions might want to trade that pick for Cutler with that being a major part of the reason. Hell, it would be really smart for the Lions to try and trade the #1 for Cutler and #12. I think our FO is stupid enough to do that.

I would be SO UPSET with that trade. But yeah, I do think they could be stupid enough to do something like that.

I'd take a 2nd this year and a 1st this year. I think he's worth more, but his trade value is down the toilet atm imo.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Of course I meant go out..I will never "out" my truck. He'll have to come out of the closet just like Kaylore..(the wedding didn't fool me big boy)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2327/160/83/41301680/n41301680_32128007_3475.jpg

A timeless classic.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I'd be surprised the Lions would want Cutler that badly to trade the top pick. The Lions need a lot, not just a QB.

Did they change the draft? How many times do teams get to pick if they have the 1st overall?

Muddled
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Good riddance, to this day I'd defend Plummer, but I've had it with this whiny piece of crap

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Nobody really wants to be in that #1 spot which is why we would most likely have to take less value for that pick. In fact, I think the Lions might want to trade that pick for Cutler with that being a major part of the reason. Hell, it would be really smart for the Lions to try and trade the #1 for Cutler and #12. I think our FO is stupid enough to do that.

If we trade Cutler for #1 pick I can almost guarantee the 12th pick will be either included with Cutler or traded away for lower cheaper picks in 09 or 2010. I don't see us paying money for two top 12 picks.

Captain 'Dre
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
If we trade Cutler for #1 pick I can almost guarantee the 12th pick will be either included with Cutler or traded away for lower cheaper picks in 09 or 2010. I don't see us paying money for two top 12 picks.

Hell freezes over before Detroit gives up the first overall pick for him.

And you're right... the team doesn't want to be saddled (no pun intended) with a Top 5 contract, much less a 1st Overall.

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2009, 06:03 PM

And you're right... the team doesn't want to be saddled (no pun intended) with a Top 5 contract, much less a 1st Overall.

I could easily see Det giving up #1 pick in a year that has no solid #1 guy they don't want it either lots of money in a unproven rookie. I don't see Denver wanting top pick honestly.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM

here is what i consider a very feasible scenario...

i'm hearing the Lions are leaning towards taking a stud LT with the 1st pick...

so they will prolly come at us with their #20 & #33 picks along with possibly a little more, maybe even next year's 1st...

since they'd have a stud LT and a stud WR and a pretty nice tailback in Kevin Smith, they'd prolly be willing to pay a king's ransom to add Cutler to the mix...

the Lions would have the deadly combo of Cutler to Calvin with a stud LT to give them time to hook up...

i could see us throwing in Scheffler to sweeten the pot and let Cutler/Scheff remain together...they have the same agent so it makes sense to me...

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 06:25 PM
It will never happen with Chris. His agent is a great guy..He just left Anchorage on Wednesday after helping me and Chris put on a clinic for Linemen.

No I mean body slam Jay's agent not his own agent!!!

Your kid obviously worked hard because he came a long ways between 2 yrs ago and last yr. IMO 2 totally different players. It was almost like once he was just playing his strength and quickness really started to show.

I'm honestly flabbergasted Broncos offseason has went like this with Jay Cutler. I really do think he is arrogant and feels like he is above having his game coached up. Either that or it is just a ploy for a long term deal with guarantees for him. They probably planned to do this next yr, but this turmoil and trade gave the agent a great tool to use

kupesdad
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
No I mean body slam Jay's agent not his own agent!!!

Your kid obviously worked hard because he came a long ways between 2 yrs ago and last yr. IMO 2 totally different players. It was almost like once he was just playing his strength and quickness really started to show.

I'm honestly flabbergasted Broncos offseason has went like this with Jay Cutler. I really do think he is arrogant and feels like he is above having his game coached up. Either that or it is just a ploy for a long term deal with guarantees for him. They probably planned to do this next yr, but this turmoil and trade gave the agent a great tool to use

I knew what you meant...my comment about Chris' agent was to demonstrate the difference between the 2.
As far as Chris' ability I wasn't suprised because he has always been an underdog..ie coming from Alaska...Div 2 college...to the NFL. He has overachieved since high school. Thanks for the nice comment...I will finally be able to call off the hit man I hired 2 years ago (I got him cheap..lucky you)

SureShot
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
I knew what you meant...my comment about Chris' agent was to demonstrate the difference between the 2.
As far as Chris' ability I wasn't suprised because he has always been an underdog..ie coming from Alaska...Div 2 college...to the NFL. He has overachieved since high school. Thanks for the nice comment...I will finally be able to call off the hit man I hired 2 years ago (I got him cheap..lucky you)

Are you still in your truck?

razorwire77
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM

so they will prolly come at us with their #20 & #33 picks along with possibly a little more, maybe even next year's 1st...

since they'd have a stud LT and a stud WR and a pretty nice tailback in Kevin Smith, they'd prolly be willing to pay a king's ransom to add Cutler to the mix...

the Lions would have the deadly combo of Cutler to Calvin with a stud LT to give them time to hook up...

i could see us throwing in Scheffler to sweeten the pot and let Cutler/Scheff remain together...they have the same agent so it makes sense to me...

Certainly one possibility. Another one which makes sense would be Cutler, Scheffler, no. 12 for Quinn, Rodgers, and the no. 5.

Cleveland gets Jay a pro-bowl qb with the biggest arm in the league. A guy that will sell tickets. A guy that will throw darts, and make huge plays. Denver gets Quinn a guy that is athletic, smart and able to make all of the throws. The only question is his learning curve due to lack of playing time. Denver gets a DT that can dominate when he's happy, which is about 50 percent of the time. In Scheffler, Cleveland gets an often injured WR/TE hybrid to replace the often injured WR/TE hybrid they traded.

Denver gets the no. 5, which puts them in a position to get Raji, or Curry if he drops. Cleveland gets the 12, which will allow them to fill any number of skill position needs.

Captain 'Dre
03-15-2009, 08:25 PM

I don't think you understand how much Jay has hurt his trade value in the last two months, and it's only worse because other teams know we have to unload him now.

Is there any reason to think Jay's trade value is any MORE than it was when the Cassell deal established it at a switch of #1 picks, plus a later pick? If anything, his value has dropped... but we'll see.

Broncoman13
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM

Rev must not have had his (patent pending) sand paper condoms yet... I hear he's wearing out a lot of different women, sheep, snakes, etc.