PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to the nfl draft?

Ramathorn
03-15-2009, 07:26 AM
IBOAB and I are going to the nfl draft. If anyone has ever been and can give us some insider info, please do. What time should we line up for tickets? Do the have people watching the line so you can leave to grab a snack or restroom break? Does the earlier you line up get you better seats inside? Also, I am staying at club quarters at rockefeller center which is right next to radio city music hall. I can park at a garage the hotel is affiliated with for a discount rate of 35.00 per day with no in or out. I just want to park my car friday morning and pick up sunday evening. Is that a good deal or is there somewhere cheaper?

spdirty
03-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I would say its not worth it unless you can somehow get close enough to listen to Mike Mayock.

BABronco
03-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Stay away from Jet fans

MechanicalBull
03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I thought about going a few years ago but decided against it. My reason for not going was that I figured it'd be boring live and a lot of waiting around not doing anything. Just to see only the first round you are talking about being there a little bit more than 5 hours.

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
i went a few years ago....people sleep outside basically so u need to really get there early if you want great seats...if not just get up as normal and enjoy a breakfast, dont rush

the parking deal is as good as you are going to find

WolfpackGuy
03-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Apparently, it's first come, first serve for the free tickets, but I'm not sure if that's a factor in seat location.
Check this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1b1ABXoNfY) out.
You might want to get in line early and bring/buy some chairs. It's probably the typical camp out style for tickets where a person has to be in your spot at all times.
35 bucks per day for parking is pretty standard for NYC, but you can save yourself the hassle of driving in Manhattan and just take the subway from Journal Square Station in Jersey City to 33rd Street, transfer to the B, D, F, or V (Orange color) at 34th-Herald Square, and get off at Rockefeller Center.

Ramathorn
03-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Stay away from Jet fans

bringing a lifelong jets fan along with me.

thumpc
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
IBOAB and I are going to the nfl draft. If anyone has ever been and can give us some insider info, please do. What time should we line up for tickets?

Do the have people watching the line so you can leave to grab a snack or restroom break? Does the earlier you line up get you better seats inside? Also, I am staying at club quarters at rockefeller center which is right next to radio city music hall. I can park at a garage the hotel is affiliated with for a discount rate of 35.00 per day with no in or out. I just want to park my car friday morning and pick up sunday evening. Is that a good deal or is there somewhere cheaper?
I went there last year and the line was several blocks long 1 1/2 hours before they started giving out tickets. The line started moving sometime in the last hour, then it really started moving. We were in the back of it when this happened. People were running, coolers and tents abandoned, freakin' anarchy back there. I would suggest stationing yourself somewhere across the street from the line, but a lot closer, and just run over and jump in when it starts moving. Don't be showing this move to the Jets fans though, or midtown may never recover.
That parking deal is fine, just leave the car there for the weekend.
They give out a radio and earphones in there for each ticket. Two stations, one is on the NFL network coverage, the other on ESPEW.
The whole event, from the street outside to the heckling and **** talking inside, is pretty funny. Go sport the Orange and Blue and represent!

Ramathorn
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Apparently, it's first come, first serve for the free tickets, but I'm not sure if that's a factor in seat location.
Check this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1b1ABXoNfY) out.
You might want to get in line early and bring/buy some chairs. It's probably the typical camp out style for tickets where a person has to be in your spot at all times.
35 bucks per day for parking is pretty standard for NYC, but you can save yourself the hassle of driving in Manhattan and just take the subway from Journal Square Station in Jersey City to 33rd Street, transfer to the B, D, F, or V (Orange color) at 34th-Herald Square, and get off at Rockefeller Center.

Thanks for the info. I believe that is what we will do.

Ramathorn
03-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Is it true that if you stay for both days, you get tickets for next years draft without having to wait in line?