PDA

View Full Version : Do you wish success for Cutler if he is traded?

slyinky
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Poll forthcoming.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Sure. Why not? I'd prefer he'd have success here, but if he doesn't want to get with the program then he can get the **** out.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Yes. Certainly.

spdirty
03-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Absolutely. Might even buy his jersey. Wear it to every Broncos home game I attend with some masking tape on it with a nastly lil message taped to the front of the jersey.

OrangeRising
03-14-2009, 11:19 PM
I can't see why anyone would want Cutler to fail somewhere else, unless it was in Oakland or Kansas City and that's not going to happen. I'm still holding out hope he and Junior can work through all this, but it does takes some of the fun out of following the team, that's for sure.

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Yes I'll root for him and also call him a baby like I will if he stays. I'm one of his biggest fans but, his grudge holding immature attitude gets old. I blame FO for the start of this mess as well. My only wonder is will this be one thing after another even if we smooth things over now with these two? Makes me wonder if trade might be best in that scenerio.

Taco John
03-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Yes, especially if the draft picks are conditional ones.

chaz
03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I like Jay a lot... he is a good kid who plays hard and that is the type of athlete I'd support on any team.

Killericon
03-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Depends on what team.

I'll say this: There would be a voice in the back of my head, hoping for his failure even if only so we could say "See? Trading him wasn't such a bad idea."

Popps
03-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Probably not, though I won't care much either way. My motto is pretty much "**** anyone not wearing orange and blue," so he'd have to do something pretty special to make me root for him. Right now, he's got a goofy attitude and a bowl haircut. Not going to get it done with that alone.

I still hope he stays, through all of this. I'll still be pretty stunned if he leaves, but if he does... it'll probably be the right move.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 12:43 AM
if he is traded i hope he wins MVP's and Super Bowls so that the entire franchise from owner to the guy who cleans the toilets after games know that McDaniels made the most retarded decision a man in the NFL could make, and that our owner was stupid or drunk enough to allow it to happen.

if Jay is traded and goes on to have a great career like i truly believe he will, this trade will make the trades that got the Packers, Favre an 49ers, Young look genius in comparison. at least with those guys there wasn't a lot known about them before they were traded, but Jay is a 25 year old pro bowler, and unless he is traded and turns into Rex Grossman, this is always going to be the dumbest move in NFL history.

plus with him going out and having immediate success outside of Denver while Mcdaniels fields a team that will be lucky to go 4-12 the next couple years and be mediocre for the forseeable future just speeds up the process of McDaniels being canned.

Kaylore
03-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Of course! But I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Urlacher punch him in the head a few times. ;D

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 01:12 AM
if he is traded i hope he wins MVP's and Super Bowls so that the entire franchise from owner to the guy who cleans the toilets after games know that McDaniels made the most retarded decision a man in the NFL could make, and that our owner was stupid or drunk enough to allow it to happen.

if Jay is traded and goes on to have a great career like i truly believe he will, this trade will make the trades that got the Packers, Favre an 49ers, Young look genius in comparison. at least with those guys there wasn't a lot known about them before they were traded, but Jay is a 25 year old pro bowler, and unless he is traded and turns into Rex Grossman, this is always going to be the dumbest move in NFL history.

plus with him going out and having immediate success outside of Denver while Mcdaniels fields a team that will be lucky to go 4-12 the next couple years and be mediocre for the forseeable future just speeds up the process of McDaniels being canned.

You should change your handle to BroncoMan4AsLongAsCutlerIsTheQB

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 02:12 AM
You should change your handle to BroncoMan4AsLongAsCutlerIsTheQB

whoa now! i am not wishing bad on the Broncos. i am just a realist. Cutler is the only reason we haven't gone 4-12 each of the past 2 years. without him this team is screwed for the forseeable future. i am simply saying that if Cutler is traded(which will go down as the dumbest move ever made in NFL history) that i hope he performs like an MVP so that the inevitable firing of McDouche is moved up and we can get a new guy in here who is capable of being a coach for this team.

not once in my previous post did i say, i hope the team fails without Cutler. i just don't see us being any good or even decent without Jay.

no matter if Jay is kept or traded he will be fine because in 2 years he is still going to get paid big time. but this team won't be. without Jay, we are no better than the Chiefs(actually we are probably worse) but with him, we can be a playoff team.

on the other hand, get rid of McDouche and more than likely Dennison steps in, and we don't skip a beat. keep him and nothing changes.

Jay is the more important person in this dispute, and i would much rather see that McDouche was fired and Dennison or Nolan or whoever is our new HC, than see that McDouche still has a job here but has traded a 25 year old pro bowl QB.

i am a Broncos fan to the core. blue and orange flows in my veins. i cheer for the players, and could care less about the coaches.

razorwire77
03-15-2009, 02:38 AM
There should be an indifferent option. I wouldn't root for him to throw 5 picks in a game, or wish an injury on him, but I wouldn't say "rah rah Jay, lead the Lions to the promise land" either. Once a player leaves the Bronco organization, they're pretty irrelevant to me.

eddie mac
03-15-2009, 03:04 AM
There's only one party who's going to force a trade here and that is Cutler and his **** of an agent.

If he does that then he can **** right off, I wont be spending 10 seconds of my time on any **** who doesn't want to play for this team.

Broncobiv
03-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Yes, especially if the draft picks are conditional ones.

Wait, if we got conditional picks in return, wouldn't you want Jay to fail so that we got higher draft picks?

Quoydogs
03-15-2009, 03:28 AM
I still have not decided on wether I like the new coach much, I don't agree with a lot of his moves, but I am not quiting. Sure he has done things that I dont like. However I think if I was a nfl QB and anyone offered a 1st a 9th and a QB for me that would be a complement. If I were a coach I sure as hell would talk to the person offering it to me.

I was behind Cutler at first, but I am sorry he is being a baby. I think he is one hell of a player and I think he is a top 5 Qb. If he quits on this team why the the hell would I wish him well?

I think its time for him to grow up, under stand that this is a buiseness and get on with it.

NYBronco
03-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Yes to Cutler's success where ever that may be. Hopefully he can find a way to be happy here in Denver.

Dedhed
03-15-2009, 05:04 AM
If Jay runs himself out of town, he'll have shown that he isn't the type of player that leads teams to the promised land.

I'm sure he'll continue to put up numbers that make people fawn, but he'll never have team mates who will lay it all on the line for him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-15-2009, 06:38 AM
I absolutely would have wished him well elsewhere until he put on this baby act and started acting like his **** don't stink. If you're going to be a little bitch-ass puppet, Jay, and follow the instructions of Bus Cook constantly, GTFO and EF OFF.

I'm so sick of this being a story, and I'm tired of being the New Raiders. Now that Jay is putting his house up for sale, the fact that he's doing it right now says a LOT about him and his character. He's a little ****ing bitch.

"I'm not getting my way! Look what I'm going to do! I'm going to sell my Denver home! Because I wanna! Because (stomp feet) I'm not getting my way!!!"

Go **** yourself, Jay.

bpc
03-15-2009, 06:48 AM
As long as he isn't in KC/Oakland or any place I despise I can still root for him.

I would love to see him in the NFC with a team like Carolina, leading them to the super bowl with a great supporting cast that he never had here.

Hell, i'll be supporting Jay and Shanahan when they are elsewhere. Why not? These guys loved Denver and gave their all to the city. Bowlen screwed them and the city over in the long run by his idiotic inconsistent moves and motives. Now the drunk bastage is nowhere to be found and our franchise is slowly sinking like Atlantis.

I got off point. I'm pro-Cutler.

Rohirrim
03-15-2009, 06:58 AM
whoa now! i am not wishing bad on the Broncos. i am just a realist. Cutler is the only reason we haven't gone 4-12 each of the past 2 years. without him this team is screwed for the forseeable future. i am simply saying that if Cutler is traded(which will go down as the dumbest move ever made in NFL history) that i hope he performs like an MVP so that the inevitable firing of McDouche is moved up and we can get a new guy in here who is capable of being a coach for this team.

not once in my previous post did i say, i hope the team fails without Cutler. i just don't see us being any good or even decent without Jay.

no matter if Jay is kept or traded he will be fine because in 2 years he is still going to get paid big time. but this team won't be. without Jay, we are no better than the Chiefs(actually we are probably worse) but with him, we can be a playoff team.

on the other hand, get rid of McDouche and more than likely Dennison steps in, and we don't skip a beat. keep him and nothing changes.

Jay is the more important person in this dispute, and i would much rather see that McDouche was fired and Dennison or Nolan or whoever is our new HC, than see that McDouche still has a job here but has traded a 25 year old pro bowl QB.

i am a Broncos fan to the core. blue and orange flows in my veins. i cheer for the players, and could care less about the coaches.

If Plummer had stayed, we would have had a better record. In fact, with Plummer at QB, we would have gone to the playoffs last season. There should have been another choice in this poll: Couldn't give a ****. That's how I feel. If Cutler and his agent force a trade, don't let the door hit you in the ass. I hope he goes to some perennial loser like Detroit and gets knocked out of the league in four years. Cutler should shut his agent and his own tears off for a few days and just contemplate the importance of an offensive line to a QB in the NFL. He has a chance to have a great career here in Denver. If he chooses to blow that up, **** him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-15-2009, 06:59 AM
As long as he isn't in KC/Oakland or any place I despise I can still root for him.

I would love to see him in the NFC with a team like Carolina, leading them to the super bowl with a great supporting cast that he never had here.

Hell, i'll be supporting Jay and Shanahan when they are elsewhere. Why not? These guys loved Denver and gave their all to the city. Bowlen screwed them and the city over in the long run by his idiotic inconsistent moves and motives. Now the drunk bastage is nowhere to be found and our franchise is slowly sinking like Atlantis.

I got off point. I'm pro-Cutler.

Gee, thanks for the update.

Cutler has perpetuated this situation and made it much much worse. The day after the trade didn't happen, word came from Dove Valley: WE ARE NOT TRADING JAY CUTLER.

Two days later, with rumors swirling, McD comes out and says "I don't know how else I can put this. We are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."

Then it comes out that Cutler is upset becuase they did attempt to trade him, and he's a sad ****ing panda with sand in his vag.

It's called crying over spilled milk. Little kids and San Diego Chargers do it. MEN do not.

I'm pro Cutler. I want him on this team. But not if he's going to act like a spoiled, selfish little girl.

Drek
03-15-2009, 07:29 AM
I honestly couldn't care less about Cutler already. I could say the same for any player on the Broncos roster really. I cheer for the laundry, when he stops wearing it he doesn't particularly matter to me at all.

Unless his performance or lack thereof improves our compensation. Then by all means I'll pull for him to succeed/fail royally depending on what better improves our compensation.

broncofan7
03-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Yes--and for a selfish reason. Just so I can point the finger at all of these MCD apologists who place mroe stock in an UNPROVEN commodity versus someone who is coming off 4500 yards and 25 TD's in his 2nd full season as a starting QB. I was on the money with my feeling towards Shanahan and I am on the money here--we HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN THE TWO AND WE SHOULD NEVER, EVER select an unproven HC with ZERO headcoaching experience over a player of Cutler's stature......we will be sickened for long time with the results.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Yes--and for a selfish reason. Just so I can point the finger at all of these MCD apologists who place mroe stock in an UNPROVEN commodity versus someone who is coming off 4500 yards and 25 TD's in his 2nd full season as a starting QB. I was on the money with my feeling towards Shanahan and I am on the money here--we HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN THE TWO AND WE SHOULD NEVER, EVER select an unproven HC with ZERO headcoaching experience over a player of Cutler's stature......we will be sickened for long time with the results.....

What if Cutler has a good year again and doesn't make the playoffs, and McD takes the Broncos to a 12-4 record and an AFC West crown? Who will you root for then?

bpc
03-15-2009, 07:52 AM
If Plummer had stayed, we would have had a better record. In fact, with Plummer at QB, we would have gone to the playoffs last season. There should have been another choice in this poll: Couldn't give a ****. That's how I feel. If Cutler and his agent force a trade, don't let the door hit you in the ass. I hope he goes to some perennial loser like Detroit and gets knocked out of the league in four years. Cutler should shut his agent and his own tears off for a few days and just contemplate the importance of an offensive line to a QB in the NFL. He has a chance to have a great career here in Denver. If he chooses to blow that up, **** him.

I guess you didn't get the memo... Plummer couldn't hack it. Hence why he isn't in Denver anymore. Our defense won games despite him. Shanahan had to strip him down to a pop warner offense so his noodle arm was friendly to it.

If Jay had half the defense/coaching on defense that Plummer had during his tenure, we would be WINNING games, winning in the playoffs. Consistently. The offense under Jay is better in every way. Hell, even 7th round backs could thrive under the space Jay gave them to run by stretching out the defense.

With this statement, i've just about seen radical homerism at its finest. ONLY an idiot would say that Jake is better than Jay by looking at flimsy w's and L's that were dramatically lifted by the defense which had talent, leadership and was shutting out teams.

oubronco
03-15-2009, 07:59 AM
I hate Mcdaniels

bpc
03-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Gee, thanks for the update.

Cutler has perpetuated this situation and made it much much worse. The day after the trade didn't happen, word came from Dove Valley: WE ARE NOT TRADING JAY CUTLER.

Two days later, with rumors swirling, McD comes out and says "I don't know how else I can put this. We are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."

Then it comes out that Cutler is upset becuase they did attempt to trade him, and he's a sad ****ing panda with sand in his vag.

It's called crying over spilled milk. Little kids and San Diego Chargers do it. MEN do not.

I'm pro Cutler. I want him on this team. But not if he's going to act like a spoiled, selfish little girl.

This falls on Bowlen. He has the loudest voice. What the F has he said in regards to Cutler..............

nothing.

Look at the weekend when all the ish went down and the statements of Xanders and McDaniels were clear as day.

Xanders: "We will not be trading Jay Cutler. We like Jay and he'll be our QB"

McDaniels: "No comment".

Since then McDaniels said every statement to the media and our defacto GM has had a muzzle put on him. Who's really running the show?

Fast forward to last week and McDaniels says the company line... "Cutler is our QB, he'll be playing in Denver and we will not be trading him."

Conference Call last week: "ANYBODY IS TRADABLE AT ANY TIME."

Empty, stupid, misled, idiotic words that are pointless, baseless and meaningless. Josh McDaniel is a nutshell.

McDaniels is a real idiot. While I wish Cutler would be the bigger guy in this situation, look at this f-tard... he's constantly contradicting himself. If Jay doesn't have a good feeling for what type of guy Josh is, it may be hard to trust him.

oubronco
03-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I hate Mcdaniels

Meck77
03-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I guess you didn't get the memo... Plummer couldn't hack it.

And Jay Cutler is "hacking it"? What he's doing right now is what plummer did. Jake folded under the pressure of a new QB waiting in the wings.

Jay Cutler is folding because the Broncos entertained an offer for another QB that we never even did a deal for which is even more pathetic IMO.

bpc
03-15-2009, 08:50 AM
You're comparing something on the field with off the field.

He isn't folding up to anything by the way, he's standing his ground which he has every right to do.

Cutler wasn't the issue last year. In fact, he was our only chance with the weight of the franchise on his back. Color it up how ever you want though.

rbackfactory80
03-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Absolutely not! I have a hard time rooting for his mopey attitude now.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
bpc's a one man wrecking ball lately. i like it.

Rohirrim
03-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I guess you didn't get the memo... Plummer couldn't hack it. Hence why he isn't in Denver anymore. Our defense won games despite him. Shanahan had to strip him down to a pop warner offense so his noodle arm was friendly to it.

If Jay had half the defense/coaching on defense that Plummer had during his tenure, we would be WINNING games, winning in the playoffs. Consistently. The offense under Jay is better in every way. Hell, even 7th round backs could thrive under the space Jay gave them to run by stretching out the defense.

With this statement, i've just about seen radical homerism at its finest. ONLY an idiot would say that Jake is better than Jay by looking at flimsy w's and L's that were dramatically lifted by the defense which had talent, leadership and was shutting out teams.

Yeah, this has become a pretty hot subject. Now I'm seeing people turn against the Broncos over the wailing of one little emo QB.

Punisher
03-15-2009, 09:13 AM
This whole thing is a mess and i can't wait till its over......

bpc
03-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I love Denver. I'm not gonna lie though, I'm totally disenchanted by the new regime that Bowlen has brought to Denver. I have absolutely NO FAITH in any of them and it starts now with Bowlen at the top.

Still, I hope I'm wrong about these guys. More than anything else, i would love for Denver to become a factor in the league again. Right now we look like has-beens and a joke.

The hardest thing for me to take is that Shanahan had built the offense. All he needed was a solution at HB. With the options we had on defense this year between the 12th pick, 30-40 million dollars in free agency, we could have hired some upgrades to improve our defense. Even Slowik would have had a hard time f'n that up.

Looking at the offseason as a whole, we fired our coach, turned over our FO who had been very successful recently, lost our direction and brought in guys that are too young. McNuggt in turn alienated our "franchise" QB and failed to make any sort of splash in free agency by failing to find any sort of long term solution. Instead of just being a defense away from competing for a championship, we're forced into considering contingency plans because of the moves of a few idiots. Ultimately shame on Bowlen for a lot of these issues.

At the end of the day, GO BRONCOS. I think we're in for some tough times though.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Great assessment. This is something I've said two weeks ago! Jay has the leverage b/c of his age and talents. Should Denver trade Cutler, the Broncos could be looking at a 10-12 year curse (if your superstitious).

The greatest insult and bungling of trading Cutler, would be if Cutler and Shanahan are re-united and they together win a couple of SB's together, while the Bronco continues to flounder and are in constant rebuilding phases.

Trading Cutler is just bad mojo and karma.:wiggle:

Rock Chalk
03-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Nope.

If he gets traded he wasnt a Bronco long enough for me to give a **** about him once he goes elsewhere.

Now had he played for the Broncos for a decade or so and then was cut or traded, Id root for him.

Popps
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
This falls on Bowlen. He has the loudest voice. What the F has he said in regards to Cutler..............

nothing.

Chris,

When in history do you remember Bowlen thrusting himself into any of our controversies via the media? He never has. He's too smart.

There's a reasons Shanahan calls him the "best owner in sports."

He's done the right thing. Allow it to play out as the staff sees fit. Jay has chosen to try to pout his way out of town, and Bowlen isn't going to get on his knees and beg for him to come back.

Pony Boy
03-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Broncos, Broncos Broncos, anyone not in a Bronco uniform are the enemy. I would pull for him if he was playing against an AFC West rival but that's it. It's all about the Bronco's.

Popps
03-15-2009, 09:40 AM
More than anything else, i would love for Denver to become a factor in the league again. Right now we look like has-beens and a joke. .

Chris, outside of 05, we've looked like that for over a decade.

You're smarter than the average Maner. I'm honestly surprised at your stance through all of this. I'm really shocked that you feel you can make definitive judgments a couple weeks into the staff's tenure, even if there IS a controversy to deal with.

I think you're going to change your tune a bit over time, precisely because you are a smart guy.

skpac1001
03-15-2009, 09:52 AM

nothing.

I guess it depends on how you feel about McDaniels but I think Bowlen getting publicly involved would be a mistake, and privately Cutler apparently doesn't want to hear it. I get the impression Cutler is as pissed and distrustful towards Bowlen (starting with firing Shanny, and continuing to now) as he is at McDaniels. Publicly getting involved after the head coach, general manager, and team PR have already put out the team position seems undermining to me, which I know some people would like but I would not, especially since it wouldn't change anything (I think) as far as Cutler is concerned.

broncofan7
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, this has become a pretty hot subject. Now I'm seeing people turn against the Broncos over the wailing of one little emo QB.

Turning against the Broncos? NO. Wanting the best for them just as some of us wanted the best for the Broncos when we wanted Shanny ousted--YES.

broncofan7
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Chris, outside of 05, we've looked like that for over a decade.

You're smarter than the average Maner. I'm honestly surprised at your stance through all of this. I'm really shocked that you feel you can make definitive judgments a couple weeks into the staff's tenure, even if there IS a controversy to deal with.
I think you're going to change your tune a bit over time, precisely because you are a smart guy.

I love your full of ****, holier-than thou, I'm smarter than you, analysis. The bolded sentence above pretty much wraps up your summation and shows you have NO CLUE .....'even if their IS a controversy..." Good grief. You don't choose a coach with ZERO track record as a HC over an above average to top 10 QB entering his 4th year in the league. That is my stance.

Pony Boy
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Please excuse me, I was trying to post a response and watch the NFL channels "top 10 clutch quarterbacks" at the same time. They just showed "the drive" and "the helicopter" so I now have tears in my eyes and will not be able to continue.

oubronco
03-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I hate Mcdaniels

slyinky
03-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I hate Mcdaniels
28 straight posts of "I hate Mcdaniels." Really? Congratulations.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
bpc's a one man wrecking ball lately. i like it.

Indeed. Excellent post by bpc.

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Indeed. Excellent post by bpc.

If by "excellent" you mean hysterical and irrational, then sure.

TDmvp
03-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Yup and I hope Josh sucks so bad he is fired and never gets another job in the NFL ...

He is a c0ck smooching moron for Fing this up ...

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I love Denver. I'm not gonna lie though, I'm totally disenchanted by the new regime that Bowlen has brought to Denver. I have absolutely NO FAITH in any of them and it starts now with Bowlen at the top.

Still, I hope I'm wrong about these guys. More than anything else, i would love for Denver to become a factor in the league again. Right now we look like has-beens and a joke.

The hardest thing for me to take is that Shanahan had built the offense. All he needed was a solution at HB. With the options we had on defense this year between the 12th pick, 30-40 million dollars in free agency, we could have hired some upgrades to improve our defense. Even Slowik would have had a hard time f'n that up.

Looking at the offseason as a whole, we fired our coach, turned over our FO who had been very successful recently, lost our direction and brought in guys that are too young. McNuggt in turn alienated our "franchise" QB and failed to make any sort of splash in free agency by failing to find any sort of long term solution. Instead of just being a defense away from competing for a championship, we're forced into considering contingency plans because of the moves of a few idiots. Ultimately shame on Bowlen for a lot of these issues.

At the end of the day, GO BRONCOS. I think we're in for some tough times though.

If we trade Cutler I think we should start over. I think they should eat Champ's cap and trade him to a SB ready team in 2010. We won't get true value for his talent but, we are starting over might as well deal a good guy to a better team. I'd say 09 but, I figure we might have a higher #1 and we couldn't afford it and Champ's cap hit in one year. New coaches tend to do unpopular things but, this team had plenty of issues. I will support McD even if he does things I don't agree with. If I was McD I would have waited til 2010
to explore trade. I would have given him a chance to bolster D another offseason and shown Jay how his system would work with Jay's talent in 09.
As well as get his inexperienced HC feet wet in a new job.

Great post BPC I think this will take a few seasons to fix regardless whether you love McD or not esp trading Cutler but, who knows in the long run we might be a better team overall with ammo(picks) to aquire more talent on D.

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
He's not on Broncos and he can wash out of NFL because of his diabetes for all I care. I'm a Broncos fan, I don't give a crap about any other team or player not on the Broncos.

barryr
03-15-2009, 01:37 PM
He's not on Broncos and he can wash out of NFL because of his diabetes for all I care. I'm a Broncos fan, I don't give a crap about any other team or player not on the Broncos.

Agreed. I wouldn't care either way.

bombay
03-15-2009, 01:38 PM
no

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't care either way.

I can't lie. He leaves Denver and not only would I not want him to do well, But I would most likely take pleasure in him doing poorly. In fact he leaves and I hope he never wins, is never healthy, his g/f cheats on him with a goat, and Kuper body slams his agent.

Hogan11
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
My motto is pretty much "**** anyone not wearing orange and blue," .

That's it in a nutshell, once he's gone, he's gone......outta sight, outta mind.

If he does stay, I reserve the right to boo both him and McDaniels during player intros at the stadium next season. Neither has done nothing but hurt the image of the franchise since the start of this debacle.....and that is unforgivable in my book.

barryr
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I can't lie. He leaves Denver and not only would I not want him to do well, But I would most likely take pleasure in him doing poorly. In fact he leaves and I hope he never wins, is never healthy, his g/f cheats on him with a goat, and Kuper body slams his agent.

But you can bet there will be some who have decided Cutler is in the right to act like this who would post threads after a good performance by him.

Muddled
03-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Absolutely no, what a whiny self centered ass.

bpc
03-15-2009, 02:23 PM
If we trade Cutler I think we should start over. I think they should eat Champ's cap and trade him to a SB ready team in 2010. We won't get true value for his talent but, we are starting over might as well deal a good guy to a better team. I'd say 09 but, I figure we might have a higher #1 and we couldn't afford it and Champ's cap hit in one year. New coaches tend to do unpopular things but, this team had plenty of issues. I will support McD even if he does things I don't agree with. If I was McD I would have waited til 2010
to explore trade. I would have given him a chance to bolster D another offseason and shown Jay how his system would work with Jay's talent in 09.
As well as get his inexperienced HC feet wet in a new job.

Great post BPC I think this will take a few seasons to fix regardless whether you love McD or not esp trading Cutler but, who knows in the long run we might be a better team overall with ammo(picks) to aquire more talent on D.

We won't have any choice in starting over. We might as well look to get something for Champ if we're pushing Jay out the door. If we move Cutler we're looking at Simms and probably a 2nd or 3rd round rookie this year at QB. Simms is in on a two year contract and his previous work should inspire confidence of him finally reaching his immense potential :flush: :flush: . The guy has largely been a flop during his whole career. Even if rookie comes in, we're looking at the same learning curve that Cutler just went through to start his career: bench for the 1st season, playing time in season 2 and in year 3 he gets the reigns.

My personal belief is that McDaniels isn't going to last past 3 years. He can't seem to manage one conflict let alone a team of 53 players and the total interest of football crazed town like Denver... should we slump early, the weight of the whole city is going to fall on him over the poor way that he handled the Cutler situation especially if Jay plays at a high level in another location and they are winning. It's hard enough to succeed as a HC as it is, the rest of these issues are just going to be additional weight for a guy who is not ready.. Very seldom do 1st time head coaches succeed especially one's as young as him.

All of this combined with the fact I think Bowlen only has 3-4 more years left as owner of the Broncos at most. Does Bowlen really want to wait to win along with hearing the media criticism and go down with McDaniel? I don't think so.

Nolan has a 2 year contract so I could see our defense getting better during that time but then him moving on.

We could be rebuilding again after McDaniel is out in three years... probably with a coach that believes you need a franchise type QB if you want to win in the NFL, comparable to the one we're currently trying to piss off and peddle away. Then we're back in search finding mode for a coach, looking for ANOTHER qb to run a certain offense and on and on.

It's a vicious cycle and because of Bowlen's short-sited attempt to replace Shanahan, we're gonna be caught up in it. Welcome to the world of the Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and Cincinnati Bengals of the world.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM
We won't have any choice in starting over. We might as well look to get something for Champ if we're pushing Jay out the door. If we move Cutler we're looking at Simms and probably a 2nd or 3rd round rookie this year at QB. Simms is in on a two year contract and his previous work should inspire confidence of him finally reaching his immense potential :flush: :flush: . The guy has largely been a flop during his whole career. Even if rookie comes in, we're looking at the same learning curve that Cutler just went through to start his career: bench for the 1st season, playing time in season 2 and in year 3 he gets the reigns.

My personal belief is that McDaniels isn't going to last past 3 years. He can't seem to manage one conflict let alone a team of 53 players and the total interest of football crazed town like Denver... should we slump early, the weight of the whole city is going to fall on him over the poor way that he handled the Cutler situation especially if Jay plays at a high level in another location and they are winning. It's hard enough to succeed as a HC as it is, the rest of these issues are just going to be additional weight for a guy who is not ready.. Very seldom do 1st time head coaches succeed especially one's as young as him as it is.

All of this combined with the fact I think Bowlen only has 3-4 more years left as owner of the Broncos at most. Does Bowlen really want to wait to win along with hearing the media criticism and go down with McDaniel? I don't think so.

Nolan has a 2 year contract so I could see our defense getting better during that time but then him moving on.

We could be rebuilding again after McDaniel is out in three years... probably with a coach that believes you need a franchise type QB if you want to win in the NFL, comparable to the one we're currently trying to piss off and peddle away. Then we're back in search finding mode for a coach, looking for ANOTHER qb to run a certain offense and on and on.

It's a vicious cycle and because of Bowlen's short-sited attempt to replace Shanahan, we're gonna be caught up in it. Welcome to the world of the Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and Cincinnati Bengals of the world.

Rep. You've been totally on the ball the whole day. :strong:

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM

Plummer would have gotten us to the playoffs last year with no running game and the worst defense in NFL history.

wow i have read a lot of really retarded comments before but that one takes the prize. i liked Plummer a lot when he was here, but no way in Hell does he get us to 8-8 let alone the playoffs last year

Muddled
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Rep. You've been totally on the ball the whole day. :strong:

absolute bollox. Yes, the amazing insight that a good QB is necessary for winning is spot on, but what the hell has JCs crybaby act before and after learning about a very sane mind considering all possibilities for the best of the team, told us about his franchise abilities?

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
What if Cutler has a good year again and doesn't make the playoffs, and McD takes the Broncos to a 12-4 record and an AFC West crown? Who will you root for then?

do u truly believe McDaniels can lead this team to 12-4? i don't think he is good enough to get us to 12-4 even if Jay is still here.

right now there is so much animosity built up between players and coaches that this team is not going to succeed this year. no one is coming out and saying it, but there are players who on Jay's side and other on McDouche's. there is a rift, and this isn't going to go away soon.

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't cheer for other teams or guys who want to play for other teams. This is Broncos country and I could care less wherever he ends up.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM
And Jay Cutler is "hacking it"? What he's doing right now is what plummer did. Jake folded under the pressure of a new QB waiting in the wings.

Jay Cutler is folding because the Broncos entertained an offer for another QB that we never even did a deal for which is even more pathetic IMO.

that's the QB position. the QB position is similar to a pitcher in baseball. they can't have a bunch of **** clouding their minds when they take the field. they have to have their thoughts on one thing only and that is the game, the next play.

they can't be thinking about the game, the coach on the sidelines looking to dump you, or that at the next sign of trouble you're out or in the case of Plummer, that you're replacement is a bad throw away from taking your job.

once a QB's mind starts getting cloudy and worried about more than just the game, is when good QB's end up going to way of guys like David Carr or Joey Harrington. you mess with their heads and their self esteem and then they fold. a QB needs to have a tough skin, but he also needs assurances from his coach that he isn't going to be tossed aside for nothing. and right now McDaniels is basically telling Jay, you're not good enough to play for me, if i can i will trade you for someone else.

for a guy who has a history of turning **** into diamonds, he doesn't know much about a QB's mentality.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Yup and I hope Josh sucks so bad he is fired and never gets another job in the NFL ...

He is a c0ck smooching moron for Fing this up ...

if he gets his wish and Cutler is traded, and Jay goes on to win playoff games while Denver becomes a door mat team, you can guarantee that McDouche won't hear his name as a candidate for a HC job for a really long time if ever.

he doesn't see that Jay basically holds his career in his hands. and if Jay is gone, Mcaniels can kiss his career goodbye, because he will fail without Jay.

Jay may be traded and for 2 years have to flounder in Detroit or something, but the fact will be when he is eligible to be a FA he will be 27 and will still cash in big time and get into a good situation with a team he wants to play for, while Denver is a door mat team looking for a new franchise QB, and a new coach and we fans are forced to endure years of seeing our team suck.

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Who cares if you call it starting over. If having some sort of start means a QB who turns ball over 5% of the time he touches it, or missing playoffs every yr, getting asses kicked by chargers, defense that can't stop anyone? then I am all for starting over.

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 03:32 PM
If we do start over at QB it won't talk long for Mcdaniels to have an offense that can score what the Broncos scored last 2 yrs.

barryr
03-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Some may hold McDaniels to a higher standard since the Shanahan supporters seem content with 1 playoff win the last 10 years, no playoffs the last 3 years, with a defense still nowhere near competing for another.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 03:47 PM
If they are not bronco players ( i really don't like them)