PDA

View Full Version : Cutler meets McDaniels IN PERSON (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
To him? None, really.

No, it won't cost him anything. It may cost McDaniels or Bowlen both money and power and frankly for at least some time it will possibly leave people divided. However that said, people will forgive if he gets the job done, if the wins and playoff appearances and superbowl rings start showing up.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
The real horror story would be drafting either Stafford or Sanchez. I'd rather stick with Chris Simms than waste any money on either of those two guys.

So you're content to waste time with Chris Simms for two, maybe three years? There are no good quarterback prospects coming out in next year's draft class.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 08:53 PM
No, it won't cost him anything. It may cost McDaniels or Bowlen both money and power and frankly for at least some time it will possibly leave people divided. However that said, people will forgive if he gets the job done, if the wins and playoff appearances and superbowl rings start showing up.

Yup. But if he's traded? How will the playoffs and rings appear?

How many perennial contenders are there without franchise QBs throughout NFL history?

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 08:55 PM
So you're content to waste time with Chris Simms for two, maybe three years? There are no good quarterback prospects coming out in next year's draft class.

Chris Simms, I would say he is as bad as Damon Huard, but Damon Huard might actually be so offended he would come around to my house and kick the crap out of me. Simms is a loser. If you can't beat Griese for a starting position, not only do you not belong in the NFL, you may in fact not even qualify as a human.

At least if Simms plays we can draft a top QB next year, because you can't succeed without a 1st round QB - wait, we already have one of those.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 08:56 PM
It may cost McDaniels or Bowlen both money and power

Good. Some of us are of the view that this is exactly what these two "men" (and I use that term loosely) need. They both need perspective and both need a little (or big) dose of humility (and humiliation).

It is not just Jay that needs to learn from this.

2KBack
03-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Chris Simms, I would say he is as bad as Damon Huard, but Damon Huard might actually be so offended he would come around to my house and kick the crap out of me. Simms is a loser. If you can't beat Griese for a starting position, not only do you not belong in the NFL, you may in fact not even qualify as a human.

At least if Simms plays we can draft a top QB next year, because you can't succeed without a 1st round QB - wait, we already have one of those.

Well what do you expect? Brian Griese is a pro-bowl quarterback and those are so vital and irreplacable that you have to make them happy.

Taco John
03-15-2009, 09:00 PM

I'm hoping that we trade Seattle for Hasselback and their #2 for Cutler. But that aside, I'd rather make a go of it with Chris Simms than waste any time on Sanchez or Stafford.

As far as the 2010 draft, Sam Bradford has the kind of measurables that the Patriots look for in a quarterback, and we just may be in a position to draft him.

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Yup. But if he's traded? How will the playoffs and rings appear?

How many perennial contenders are there without franchise QBs throughout NFL history?

I agree. I don't want him traded. That's why I say people will forgive him his whininess, but ONLY IF he delivers on the promise he shows (but like any employee he should be in a probationary status and be dealt with if he exhibits signs he is not performing to the satisfaction of management).
However, I also think he, Bowlen and McDaniels and the whole of the Denver organization need to stop making this spectacle public. Less is more. People are going to speculate regardless and evidently meltdown too. However, if you come out with a half baked statement it only encourages more stupidity. Bowlen, while I might agree that he be supportive to his coach, he needs to make more neutral statements about the status until a final decision is made. He should have said nothing about Cutler or been very generically complimentary, "I enjoy having Jay Cutler on the team. He has shown great potential in a short time." "Additional information about the state of the team will be forthcoming after the team's first workout...blah (but short blah). Do these organizations not pay PR people to write something?

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm hoping that we trade Seattle for Hasselback and their #2 for Cutler. But that aside, I'd rather make a go of it with Chris Simms than waste any time on Sanchez or Stafford.

As far as the 2010 draft, Sam Bradford has the kind of measurables that the Patriots look for in a quarterback, and we just may be in a position to draft him.

I love that idea, we suck this year, 3-13 should get us in position nicely for Bradford, then with a rookie in 2010 so we really can take full advantage of the cap free year and go 2-14 which will line us nicely up for the 2011 draft and the impending lockout shortened 2011 season. Single digit win total over the next 3 seasons, but hey, there is still a real possibility that we may not be worse than the Raiders.

I am almost jizzing my pants at the thought of having a pro bowl level young QB in 2012, right around the time Royal needs a new contract.

Bronco X
03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Full disclosure that this is a "I heard it on the lightrail" type of story and you can take it for what it's worth, but I got a friend who hails from the same town (Santa Claus, IN) and high school as Cutler and knows him. Apparently people who knew him are in a tizzy over the fiasco as well and Cutler isn't talking to any of them since it started, but the only word was that he had gone to the Caribbeans to visit Shanahan. This was apparently after it started.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth, I make no claims to it's accuracy. But if it is true it'd be interesting to have been a fly on the wall when they were talking...

Spider
03-15-2009, 09:25 PM
So have you guys considered the REAL horror story?

Cutler is traded to someone other than Detroit...the Broncos have no shot at Stafford to Sanchez...and are left to wallow in the mire with Chrissy Simms and PRAY another quarterback comes along sooner rather than later.

Ouch. the only horror story that will make us say ouch is your love life ....... it would probably kill us if it wasnt so short

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 09:27 PM
the only horror story that will make us say ouch is your love life ....... it would probably kill us if it wasnt so short

Spidey, you are my favorite...I mean aside from Oskie of course.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1629/lovestorys.jpg

Spider
03-15-2009, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Bob's your Information Minister;2334550]Despite all of the Bull**** going on , watch McD do a better job then Herm Edwards ......:rofl: what was that name you guys called herm ? ......... Oh yeah the Herminator :rofl: .......