PDA

View Full Version : Cutler meets McDaniels IN PERSON (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

barryr
03-15-2009, 01:38 PM
All this talk of how bad Simms is, yet didn't Shanahan have Ramsey as the backup QB? What was so great about him?

Blueflame
03-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I think the part I am enjoying the mosst is when people try to write disalogue for either McD or Cutler.

They are such a crock of shiit that they are "laugh out load" funny.

This is one of the best one's So Cal, right up there with TJ's ;D

Well, while we're speculating dialogue, this just might fit Jay's current mindset:

That's seriously a bunch of ****! All I have tried to do in this game is to be a friend and confidant. And what do I get in return? Stabbed in the ****ing back!

Seriously, I've learned the true nature of some of my "friends" by playing this game. You a-holes act so superior to everyone. I should start posting things I've heard about some of you. Knock you off your ****ing high post a little.

Enjoy your stupid little game, a-holes! Newsflash! I only played this stupid ****ing game to have conversation fodder - the unintentional comedy kind. That's right, you ****ers - I am going to spend the next ****ing year making fun of you to my real friends - the kind that don't stab me in the ****ing back."

(for those who don't already know, this rant is a "classic OM Survivor moment".... )

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 01:41 PM
i can't imagine how far someone's head has to be up their ass to call jay anything but mentally tough...how many young qb's thrive in the 4th quarter the way he has? how many have found ways to win in spite of a horrendous defense? mentally soft my ass

Maybe its his pouting on the sidelines when things go wrong that get me, I'm sure we all saw that with Montana and Elway as well huh? He's mentally soft, can't bring himself to even imagine playing for Mcdaniels so he whines like a child until they trade him....good riddance take your arm stronger than Elway, and all your potential somewhere else.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:43 PM
All this talk of how bad Simms is, yet didn't Shanahan have Ramsey as the backup QB? What was so great about him?

If you look at career stats, a lot more than Simms!

:rofl:

And we didn't have any QB controversy scaring us ****less about Ramsey being the starter...

Blueflame
03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I've been over this several times...

For the 3-4?

Keeping Davis and Fields who were both good-decent signings that allow draft day freedom.

Sanders&Phillips MUCH > Dawkins, Hill
McFadden & keeping Bly at the nickel (in effect saving several million) > Goodman

And Buckhalter is going to just be a massive waste of $

So are Jordan and Arrington... IMHO.

barryr
03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I've been over this several times...

For the 3-4?

Keeping Davis and Fields who were both good-decent signings that allow draft day freedom.

Sanders&Phillips MUCH > Dawkins, Hill
McFadden & keeping Bly at the nickel (in effect saving several million) > Goodman

And Buckhalter is going to just be a massive waste of $

And you know they didn't try to get Sanders or Phillips? Maybe Sanders was going to stay with the Pats no matter what.

McFadden was so great the Steelers made little effort to keep him and they could use CB help.

Bly stunk, so keeping him a waste and I don't see the teams lining up to get him right now either.

The Bronco RB situation was full of guys coming off injury, not to mention most of them low picks and undrafted guy.

It's obvious McDaniels are going with a rotation of backs and didn't like many who were on the team. Maybe they will be right, maybe not.

But I don't see anything from your suggestions that make any difference.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Well I happened to read the story on-line off the Denver Post that stated bowlen was basically pissed that jay had ignored his calls and was involved in the phonecon with Jay...I assume anytime the owner is pissed and Jay walks away crying like an even bigger baby that bowlen probably let Cutler know where he stands on the org chart. Sorry for trying to introduce logic into your diatribe ...continue your Cutler whine dude.

No you just pulled something out of your ass. I believe you said Bowlen read him the riot act or something. Did this happen or not? If it did where did you read it?

barryr
03-15-2009, 01:46 PM
If you look at career stats, a lot more than Simms!

And we didn't have any QB controversy scaring us ****less about Ramsey being the starter...

So you are for the re-signing of Ramsey? He was one play away from being the starter.

maher_tyler
03-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Simms 2nd year:

57.5% 467 yards, 6.4 ave, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 10 ****ing sacks!, -75 sack yards, 64.1 QB rating...

Awesome indeed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4555

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:48 PM
And you know they didn't try to get Sanders or Phillips? Maybe Sanders was going to stay with the Pats no matter what.

Glancing at their re-signing price... sure doesn't look like it. And neither got brought into town... so... yeah. They didn't try

McFadden was so great the Steelers made little effort to keep him and they could use CB help.

Same could be said about Goodman and then some. At McFadden leaving was the "Steeler way", and he's gone to the NFC champs now where he'll be starting.

Bly stunk, so keeping him a waste and I don't see the teams lining up to get him right now either.

The Bronco RB situation was full of guys coming off injury, not to mention most of them low picks and undrafted guy.

So let's sign low pick pedigrees all coming off injuries!?!??

It's obvious McDaniels are going with a rotation of backs and didn't like many who were on the team. Maybe they will be right, maybe not.

But I don't see anything from your suggestions that make any difference.

Priceless. Keep up the good/impotent work.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4555

You'll do yourself good to note they don't track years where they have no stats. 04 was his second year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chrissimms/profile?id=SIM339462

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
So you are for the re-signing of Ramsey? He was one play away from being the starter.

Significantly less scary than having Simms be ZERO plays away from being the starter.

barryr
Priceless. Keep up the good/impotent work.

Look who is talking. Nothing you suggested means a better team. You showed nothing. Idiot.

Cutler is 17-20 as a starter. But let me guess, you are one who now finally admits that Shanahan didn't improve the defense, so now his record is because of the defense when before, saw nothing wrong with the defense. Keep making "sense."

baja
Well, while we're speculating dialogue, this just might fit Jay's current mindset:

That's seriously a bunch of ****! All I have tried to do in this game is to be a friend and confidant. And what do I get in return? Stabbed in the ****ing back!

Seriously, I've learned the true nature of some of my "friends" by playing this game. You a-holes act so superior to everyone. I should start posting things I've heard about some of you. Knock you off your ****ing high post a little.

Enjoy your stupid little game, a-holes! Newsflash! I only played this stupid ****ing game to have conversation fodder - the unintentional comedy kind. That's right, you ****ers - I am going to spend the next ****ing year making fun of you to my real friends - the kind that don't stab me in the ****ing back."

(for those who don't already know, this rant is a "classic OM Survivor moment".... )

OMG That is a true classic.

socalorado
03-15-2009, 01:51 PM
You'll do yourself good to note they don't track years where they have no stats. 04 was his second year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chrissimms/profile?id=SIM339462

REV i just read the 1st page, could i get an update?
Also, what do you think DEN should do at this point and if you think we should trade jay where to and for what?

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
REV i just read the 1st page, could i get an update?
Also, what do you think DEN should do at this point and if you think we should trade jay where to and for what?

If McDaniels wants to keep his job, or continue working as a HC in the NFL, he needs Jay Cutler.

****, he can just ask his DC how easy it is to stay employed as a HC with a scrub QB

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Look who is talking. Nothing you suggested means a better team. You showed nothing. Idiot.

Cutler is 17-20 as a starter. But let me guess, you are one who now finally admits that Shanahan didn't improve the defense, so now his record is because of the defense when before, saw nothing wrong with the defense. Keep making "sense."

Wow, you're stupid.

Finally admits? It was painfully obvious all season long dip****.

There hasn't been such a bountiful defensive FA in decades... and we blew it. Considering actually swinging hard at that, along with nailing some good draft picks, and this team was poised for something great.

If Cutler goes, hope goes with him.

Popps
03-15-2009, 01:59 PM
There hasn't been such a bountiful defensive FA in decades... and we blew it.

You do mean last year, right?

This year blows.

We had so many chances to improve this defense last off-season. But, we got Boss Bailey and Niko Nobodysheradofme.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM

This year blows.

We had so many chances to improve this defense last off-season. But, we got Boss Bailey and Niko Nobodysheradofme.

Uhhhhhhh... name the defensive FAs last year?

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
If McDaniels wants to keep his job, or continue working as a HC in the NFL, he needs Jay Cutler.

****, he can just ask his DC how easy it is to stay employed as a HC with a scrub QB

Don't worry I got this! With my powers of ESP(n) I will find another franchise QB in no time!
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/kidd_keith_m.jpg

socalorado
03-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Yeah, i wanna keep him too. SOMEONE needs to literally smack both these clowns upside the back of the head, and then yell some sense into both of them for about 45 minutes.
But, lets say JAy is adamant and has already told MCD to F off and has said trade me, its over. Then what?

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, i wanna keep him too. SOMEONE needs to literally smack both these clowns upside the back of the head, and then yell some sense into both of them for about 45 minutes.
But, lets say JAy is adamant and has already told MCD to F off and has said trade me, its over. Then what?

Then McDaniels should get comfortable and start stretching because he'll get media raped back into a coordinator position all season long.

barryr
03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Wow, you're stupid.

Finally admits? It was painfully obvious all season long dip****.

There hasn't been such a bountiful defensive FA in decades... and we blew it. Considering actually swinging hard at that, along with nailing some good draft picks, and this team was poised for something great.

If Cutler goes, hope goes with him.

You might go back to the beginning of the year posts when people were resonding to my posts telling me the defense was fine and would get better.

When under Shanahan did the Broncos ever draft a good DL? A good safety? CB? Anyone that started for any length of time? But it was going to happen this year though. Right.

barryr
03-15-2009, 02:05 PM

But no, he's trying to trade Cutler so he can start Simms so he can be fired and never get another head coaching job anymore. Oh, now I see the grand plan.

chaz
03-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Maybe its his pouting on the sidelines when things go wrong that get me, I'm sure we all saw that with Montana and Elway as well huh? He's mentally soft, can't bring himself to even imagine playing for Mcdaniels so he whines like a child until they trade him....good riddance take your arm stronger than Elway, and all your potential somewhere else.

"pouting" or just hates losing? Should he be joking around when things aren't going well? And frankly either way, I don't care, because when he gets back on the field he plays his ass off and does everything he can to win. No one can say he doesn't bring it every play.

Can't imagine playing for McD? Why was he coming in multiple times a week during his offseason to learn the offense then? you simply don't make sense

socalorado
03-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Then McDaniels should get comfortable and start stretching because he'll get media raped back into a coordinator position all season long.

Look, i can get a Cobra, Chinatown, if you can get the syringe of AIDS..........

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
You might go back to the beginning of the year posts when people were resonding to my posts telling me the defense was fine and would get better.

When under Shanahan did the Broncos ever draft a good DL? A good safety? CB? Anyone that started for any length of time? But it was going to happen this year though. Right.

Trevor Pryce wasn't just a good DL, he was one of the best for a decade. Jury's out on Jarvis, but Marcus looks solid. Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward also qualify. As does Nick Eason.

Safeties are pretty thin, but every down safeties have become a dinosaur. Sam Brandon was my favorite, but I liked Kennedy as well. Neither were anything better than good though.

Corner's just as sticky as S, but Foxworth was a great pick.

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
No you just pulled something out of your ass. I believe you said Bowlen read him the riot act or something. Did this happen or not? If it did where did you read it?

Dude have your own opinion I could care less I'm not looking up a bunch of crap I read a week ago. It was in the Post, You guys spin anything to fit your world view that McDaniels is somehow at fault and Bowlen is doing nothing behind the scenes for his own organization. You called Pat out for doing nothing throughout this crap and I disagree, I think he's been hands on after getting his calls ignored --in many collateral sources--and its also why I think Jay will not be a Bronco this year.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Look, i can get a Cobra, Chinatown, if you can get the syringe of AIDS..........

Why can't I get the cobra...?

Popps
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Uhhhhhhh... name the defensive FAs last year?

You disagree? Within the past couple of seasons... we could have made MASSIVE improvements to our defense with guys like...

-Jenkins
-Rogers
-J. Porter
-A.Thomas (Pats)

Those are off the top of my head, and fairly top-tier. There were a ton of great B-level players we passed on, as well.

But, we DID get Boss Bailey.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Dude have your own opinion I could care less I'm not looking up a bunch of crap I read a week ago. It was in the Post, You guys spin anything to fit your world view that McDaniels is somehow at fault and Bowlen is doing nothing behind the scenes for his own organization. You called Pat out for doing nothing throughout this crap and I disagree, I think he's been hands on after getting his calls ignored --in many collateral sources--and its also why I think Jay will not be a Bronco this year.

You are entitled to your opnion just don't pull things out that never happened or were reported like, "Pat read Jay the riot act at the comicon".

socalorado
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Why can't I get the cobra...?

Fiiiine.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
You disagree? Within the past couple of seasons... we could have made MASSIVE improvements to our defense with guys like...

-Jenkins
-Rogers
-J. Porter
-A.Thomas (Pats)

Those are off the top of my head, and fairly top-tier. There were a ton of great B-level players we passed on, as well.

Oh okay, so now we're not talking about last year's free agency? Thanks for clearing that up.

Popps
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh okay, so now we're not talking about last year's free agency? Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought that was clear?

That's why I used the sentence...

"YOU MEAN LAST YEAR, RIGHT?"

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM

-Jenkins
-Rogers
-J. Porter
-A.Thomas (Pats)

Neither Jenkins or Rogers were FAs and isn't Rogers a big baby that wants traded? WHy would you of all people want him here?

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I thought that was clear?

That's why I used the sentence...

"YOU MEAN LAST YEAR, RIGHT?"

Original statement:

This year blows.

Popps then goes on to name ZERO players that were available in free agency last year!

barryr
03-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Trevor Pryce wasn't just a good DL, he was one of the best for a decade. Jury's out on Jarvis, but Marcus looks solid. Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward also qualify. As does Nick Eason.

Safeties are pretty thin, but every down safeties have become a dinosaur. Sam Brandon was my favorite, but I liked Kennedy as well. Neither were anything better than good though.

Corner's just as sticky as S, but Foxworth was a great pick.

Pryce was also run out of town.

Berry was a free agent signing, was drafted by the Colts.

Hayward hasn't done anything great.

Moss couldn't get on the field last year when the Broncos had no pass rush.

Thomas could be solid, but stardom isn't likely.

Eason didn't get on the field for the Broncos.

Kennedy and Brandon? Those guys were great? Brandon couldn't get on the field for 2 years. Kennedy then left the Broncos and did what?

Foxworth, after getting killed in that playoff game against the Steelers, was never the same.

Like I said, not much to show on the defensive side of the ball and this spans 14 years. It would be hard to find a coach who coached that long with such a poor record of drafting on one side of the ball.

But again, let's guess, it was going to change this year though. All Pro DL and safeties here we come if only Bowlen had kept Shanahan and that great defensive staff.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Pryce was also run out of town.

Berry was a free agent signing, was drafted by the Colts.

Hayward hasn't done anything great.

Moss couldn't get on the field last year when the Broncos had no pass rush.

Thomas could be solid, but stardom isn't likely.

Eason didn't get on the field for the Broncos.

Kennedy and Brandon? Those guys were great? Brandon couldn't get on the field for 2 years. Kennedy then left the Broncos and did what?

Foxworth, after getting killed in that playoff game against the Steelers, was never the same.

Like I said, not much to show on the defensive side of the ball and this spans 14 years. It would be hard to find a coach who coached that long with such a poor record of drafting on one side of the ball.

But again, let's guess, it was going to change this year though. All Pro DL and safeties here we come if only Bowlen had kept Shanahan and that great defensive staff.

Our drafting on the whole was pretty status quo until the Goodman's positions were elevated. I'm not sure how you missed that...

Popps
03-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Original statement:

Popps then goes on to name ZERO players that were available in free agency last year!

Dude, I know you need to say poo-poo face and doody-head.

Point is, I AGREED with you. I was simply confirming that THIS year was not a great year to acquire players (FA OR TRADE) , whereas the prior couple of years were.

If you need to turn that into some kind of forum battle because your dick is too short, have at it.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Point is, I AGREED with you. I was simply confirming that THIS year was not a great year to acquire players (FA OR TRADE) , whereas the prior couple of years were.

If you need to turn that into some kind of forum battle because your dick is too short, have at it.

WTF...?

Don't get mad at me because you make no sense.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Either can I, but I can see tons of benefits to Cutler/Buss Cook.

But, I think originally Cutler wanted to do right by the Broncos. I think that's why he went straight to McD/Xanders and asked what was up. That's when the S-hit hit the fan. Go back to the original reports of this. The Broncos would not respond to Cook or Cutler's questions about the trade talks. That's when they started being biatches about the whole thing!

HUH????????? Cutler said himself numerous times over the original weekend he had not spoken with the Bronco FO, and was not going to!

Cutler in fact did not speak with anyone from the FO until nearly a week after the rumor started. Good Lord, if you haven't got that straight by now maybe you should start all over again in order to make sense.

baja
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM

Question; How short is too short?

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
You are entitled to your opnion just don't pull things out that never happened or were reported like, "Pat read Jay the riot act at the comicon".

Bowlen was pissed Jay didn't return his calls (The Post called him apopalectic?) and sat in on the conversation what do you think happened? Geez Jay you make me feel bad when I call and you don't return my calls, please be nice to me I own the team ya know? Do you really think Bowlen is that big a pussy?

summerdenver
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM

Honest question. Do you or anybody know when Bowlen actually called? Was it before or after Broncos FO leaked to Peter King that Jay wanted to be traded when Bates left? Before or after Chris Simms was signed to one of the biggest contracts for a backup? before or after it was leaked that Scheff was on trading block?

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Bowlen was pissed Jay didn't return his calls (The Post called him apopalectic?) and sat in on the conversation what do you think happened? Geez Jay you make me feel bad when I call and you don't return my calls, please be nice to me I own the team ya know? Do you really think Bowlen is that big a p***Y?

I don't think he could even hear the conversation from the mini bar.:twokisses

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Question; How short is too short?

For a guy like you who is hung like a watch battery, there is no telling.

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Honest question. Do you or anybody know when Bowlen actually called? Was it before or after Broncos FO leaked to Peter King that Jay wanted to be traded when Bates left? Before or after Chris Simms was signed to one of the biggest contracts for a backup? before or after it was leaked that Scheff was on trading block?

Honest answer- I don't think anyone reported the timeline on when Bowlen made his calls, just reported as being plural (numerous) when I read it and it was before the meeting was supposed to occur Monday, because it was reported Xanders and Bowlen were with McDaniels on the call to Cutler and Bus.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Um, just a reminder that McD went 11-5 with Matt Cassel last season. He had to replace some guy named Tom Brady, perhaps you've heard of him...

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think he could even hear the conversation from the mini bar.:twokisses

Well I'm not going to argue that, God knows Pat loves a mini-bar. When the Pres gets disrespected by an employee I'm sure Pat reassured Jay who was in charge behind closed doors during the meeting, with or without the mini-bar.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Um, just a reminder that McD went 11-5 with Matt Cassel last season. He had to replace some guy named Tom Brady, perhaps you've heard of him...

Something I'm well aware of. He also had years to learn the system, and the most talented receiver in NFL history. Simms won't have either luxury.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Well I'm not going to argue that, God knows Pat loves a mini-bar. When the Pres gets disrespected by an employee I'm sure Pat reassured Jay who was in charge behind closed doors during the meeting, with or without the mini-bar.

Either way it is pure speculation where Pat is leaning right now if at all.

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Something I'm well aware of. He also had years to learn the system, and the most talented receiver in NFL history. Simms won't have either luxury.

take a look at how they utilized Moss when Cassel was in there..

it was anything but just relying on him to bail the QB out.....he was coached and schemed by McD in almost every single one of those game.

baja
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
For a guy like you who is hung like a watch battery, there is no telling.

Tic Tac, not watch battery, Tic Tac. Got that!

SureShot
03-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Tic Tac, not watch battery, Tic Tac. Got that!

So you mean erect then?

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
HUH???........PER PFT

The soap opera in Denver continues.

Updating his story from earlier in the day, Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels “exchanged words” during Saturday’s meeting.

It’s not a promising development, given that it’s the first time they’d ever met as coworkers.

We’ll be taking a comprehensive look at the burgeoning Mile High mess in our Monday SportingNews.com item.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
You're such an idiot. Yeah, it was Cutler that gave up 50+ points to the Chargers. Did you happen to catch the Broncos/Bills game? Cutler did everything he could to will the team to victory in that one. If not for some horrible playcalling and coaching from Shanahan, Cutler would have won that game going away. Up 13-0 with a real chance of being up by 21. Yeah, blame that on Cutler... nice genius.

Denver scored only 10 points in the second half of the Bills game.

Cutler was 16 of 31 with 1 INT in the second half of that game.

O passing TD's, one INT, 72.4 rating for Cutler in that game.

You picked a very poor example to illustrate your point.

Broncojef
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokely actually our WR is one of the stronger aspects of this team. If we can get a solid starting runningback (no injuries) I think a system QB will do fine.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:01 PM
seriously you could have just added this to the merged face to face thread. But you are right if he means yelling at each other it definitely is bad. But Cutler and Bus Cook need to stop leaking stuff........ :angel:

SlipperyPete

An updated Kizla article at the Post says Pat is fully behind McDaniels and "his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the situation".

garandman
I am tired of all this BS, Klis and all the other media have made this worse.. This IS NOT the first time they have met as "Co-Workers". Cutler has stated several times leading up to the FA period he has met and worked with McDaniels for two weeks.. Honestly we really don't know what is going on, obviously it is looking more and more likely he is done here which again is so stupid I can't take it anymore...

TDmvp
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Merge_sign.svg/600px-Merge_sign.svg.png

TDmvp
03-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Mods need to go on a vendetta and just start merging the hell outa threads...

Broncojef

I've sat through many corporate meetings where an employee is acting the fool and it usually doesn't end well for him. I think I've got a fair idea where Bowlen sits on this.

SoDak Bronco
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Don't get me wrong but isn't it expected or proper manners to exchange words during a meeting?

watermock
03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Bowlen could of fired Slowick, going over Shanny's head. That would of made Mike decide whether or not he really wanted that 15 million.

After all, we could expect one of our backs, plus Buchalter to respond, plus say, a 3rd in Green from Iowa for example. Use he rest on defense, with players coming back like Bailey, Powell, Bailey.

With an infusion of young talent. Assuming .....

That's all in the past now.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Denver scored only 10 points in the second half of the Bills game.

Cutler was 16 of 31 with 1 INT in the second half of that game.

O passing TD's, one INT, 72.4 rating for Cutler in that game.

You picked a very poor example to illustrate your point.

Exactly....but it's easier for Oskie to come across as a pompous prick using just flat out blame game tactics on the defense and coaching

Cutler was horrible in that game....

TDmvp
03-15-2009, 03:08 PM
GOOD http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Merge_sign.svg/600px-Merge_sign.svg.png

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Well there you go.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I am just posting the link. So its consolidated here the 1,000,000,000 threads is really really old!

Do you want to take this outside?

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I am just posting the link. So its consolidated here the 1,000,000,000 threads is really really old!

Do you want to take this outside?

Listen bitch we can do this Spider style and meet at the truck stop in Fairplay. How does that sound?

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I will say if cutler doesn't want to play in denver, ship the f**** OUT OF TOWN! and make whomever want's him to pay out the nose.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Tension between Cutler, McDaniels isn't diminishing
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/15/2009 09:42:21 AM MDT
Updated: 03/15/2009 04:04:14 PM MDT

Jay Cutler (Denver Post file photo)Related
Mar 14:
The feuds, the proud, the big scenesCutler makes a moveKrieger: Spat headed for bad endingMar 13:
Cutler's house up for saleMar 12:
Drama of McJaygate sounds familiarPaige: Jay-C — dear, or departed? Love himKiszla: Jay-C — dear, or departed? Leave himThey have tried talking on the phone, and meeting in person. Neither apparently has worked.

What's next for new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and his disgruntled quarterback, Jay Cutler? There now appears a real possibility the two sides are headed for a divorce based on irreconcilable differences.

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday of the feud between his quarterback and first-year coach. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he is steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the situation.

Friction between Cutler and McDaniels appears to have escalated

Josh McDaniels (Associated Press)following a meeting Saturday. Attending the meeting were Cutler, his agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.
The Broncos say no ultimatums were given during the Saturday meeting, which the team characterized as mild-mannered, with no raised voices. However, no reconciliation was reached.

"We agreed to regroup and continue to have conversations," a Broncos spokesman told the Denver Post. "The Broncos reinforced to Jay and his agent that they have been honest with them since Day One."

The breakdown came just as it appeared Cutler and McDaniels were moving towards mending their relationship. Cutler returned to Denver late last week from Nashville, where he has spent most of the offseason. With McDaniels holding his first team meeting at 8 a.m. Monday, Cutler was not only planning to attend, he agreed to a pre-emptive personal meeting with his new coach and GM.

However, according to a source close to Cutler, the quarterback didn't like what he heard and as of Sunday was set on skipping the team meeting Monday.

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include his agent, Cook, who led the discussions in the both the conference call last Monday with Broncos officials and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders.

It's possible that because of their mistrust in Broncos officials, Cook and Cutler are seeking indications of a stronger commitment through a new contract. After making nearly $17 million through the first three years of his six-year contract, Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season. Cutler could also earn an additional $100,000 by attending 90 percent of the team's offseason conditioning program that technically begins after the meeting Monday, although for now Cutler appears willing to forfeit that workout bonus.

Cutler also could earn potential bonuses of $4 million in 2010 and $12 million in 2011 that are not guaranteed but would become vested through playing time and performance.

Cutler, who passed for 25 touchdowns and 4,526 yards last season while throwing 18 interceptions, has been unhappy with McDaniels since learning he was involved in a trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay in a three-team swap that would have brought Matt Cassel, McDaniels' former quarterback in New England, to Denver.

Cutler has said he is not bothered by the trade proposal itself, but feels McDaniels misled him. McDaniels has said the Broncos merely listened to offers submitted from other teams, as they do for all players, but Cutler's camp isn't buying that explanation.

The Broncos are now weighing their options.

The Broncos' current backup quarterback is Chris Simms, a former Tampa Bay starter who was recently signed to a two-year, $6 million contract from the free-agent market. Simms will make $3.46 million in salary and bonus for the 2009 season and could earn another $1.5 million in incentives that appear more makeable with each passing day of the Cutler controversy.

Cutler put his Parker home up for sale Friday and his parents listed their Elizabeth home for sale Saturday, perhaps sending the message they are serious about leaving Denver.

If Cutler is traded, his preferences figure to be the Tennessee Titans, who play in Nashville, or the Chicago Bears, his favorite childhood team who are in need of a quarterback upgrade. Other possibilities could be Cleveland, whose coach Eric Mangini, was formerly McDaniels' colleague on Bill Belichick's staff in New England; Tampa Bay; Minnesota; Detroit and Arizona.

Any trade would likely involve draft picks. April 25 is the first day of the NFL draft.

The Broncos could also decide to not trade Cutler and treat him as a holdout if he refuses off-season workouts.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Listen b**** we can do this Spider style and meet at the truck stop in Fairplay. How does that sound?

No way Spider style is not meeting halfway. He tells you a spot that is more convenient to him then expects you to drive all the way for an ass beating.

So if you want an ass beating you are coming to Denver Biotch!

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Listen b**** we can do this Spider style and meet at the truck stop in Fairplay. How does that sound?

Totally worthy of a bump of any of the "Spider and Crazyhorse meeting up to fight" threads

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Leinart for Cut, straight up.

theAPAOps5

Dude you have serious mental issues. Blech!

Bronx33
I will officiate to make sure there no funny business.

Rabb
03-15-2009, 03:20 PM
just trade him already, can you imagine how bad it will be if they make nice nice now only to have a spat in the middle of the season?

as a wise Master Chief (not in Halo, in real life you ****s) once told me, bad news won't get better with time

bpc
03-15-2009, 03:21 PM

Boldin and Leinart maybe.

TheReverend
just trade him already, can you imagine how bad it will be if they make nice nice now only to have a spat in the middle of the season?

as a wise Master Chief (not in Halo, in real life you ****s) once told me, bad news won't get better with time

As a wise Master Sergeant once told me, never listen to a sailor. :wave:

Rabb
As a wise Master Sergeant once told me, never listen to a sailor. :wave:

ouch, very ouch

TheReverend
Boldin and Leinart maybe.

Inside joke, sorry dude.

ZONA
03-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm not worried at all anymore. McD is not going to give Cutler away for a handful of beans if you know what I mean. We will be getting great compensation for him if we do trade him and if we don't, he suits up and plays for us.

I know people here will be pissed either way but when kick off time comes around this year, we will all be glued to our sofa's and you know it.

Just chill

Man-Goblin
Well, that sure seems to be an admission by Bowlen that he doesn't think McDaniels has handled the situation perfectly, either. Either way, it's good to hear that he still has a pulse.

SureShot
I don't think the Broncos have much of a choice other than tear up his contract. It is just business right?

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, that sure seems to be an admission by Bowlen that he doesn't think McDaniels has handled the situation perfectly, either.

Indeed. It's too bad the reporter gave him a way out by asking him to "clarify" it, so that he could back up and say he totally supported McD.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think the Broncos have much of a choice other than tear up his contract. It is just business right?

Oh absolutely. Simms will break off 5k in this system.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:25 PM
No way Spider style is not meeting halfway. He tells you a spot that is more convenient to him then expects you to drive all the way for an ass beating.

So if you want an ass beating you are coming to Denver Biotch!

Well I'm due for a trip to the city. It will just be for a different type of pussy.;D

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 03:25 PM
It's pretty obvious this is all a plan to get a new contract 2 yrs early. Cutler and Cook think the measly 1 million he will make this yr isn't good enough. They used the turmoil in Denver to create a situation that didn't need to exist.

Anyone on Bus Cook and Cutlers side on this needs to pull their head out. As it goes on it is becoming more and more clear what is going on here.

Cutler says to make me feel better i want a longer commitment from team. Like I huge garaunteed contract. Hell for all we know Cutler really feels the Diabetes at the end of each yr and he knows he feels he needs his big pay day early because he may not play as long as other qbs get to.

No way this is Mcdaniels fault, all he is doing is trying to build the team. IMO this is starting to look like a ploy for a new contract from either the Broncos or another team.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh absolutely. Simms will break off 5k in this system.

He's more likely to break off his dick in Kyle Shanahan.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:27 PM

CS+KS 4EVR

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Oh **** I totally forgot about that! Yea lets go with a QB that has another man's name tattooed on his ankle.

cutthemdown
03-15-2009, 03:28 PM
If Broncos are forced to trade I hope it is with Detroit or Cleveland. Cutler will love living and playing for them. Just get a first round pick in the top 10 and hopefully another pick, like 2nd round the following yr, maybe based on how Cutler does.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:29 PM
If Broncos are forced to trade I hope it is with Detroit or Cleveland. Cutler will love living and playing for them. Just get a first round pick in the top 10 and hopefully another pick, like 2nd round the following yr, maybe based on how Cutler does.

There is no need to just dump him for whatever we can get this year. Let him play this year and next, winning cures all ills.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:30 PM

LOL

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Oh **** I totally forgot about that! Yea lets go with a QB that has another man's name tattooed on his ankle.

At least we know he has the mental toughness to take sack after sack after sack after sack after...

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:32 PM
At least we know he has the mental toughness to take sack after sack after sack after sack after...

Bam!

summerdenver
It's pretty obvious this is all a plan to get a new contract 2 yrs early. Cutler and Cook think the measly 1 million he will make this yr isn't good enough. They used the turmoil in Denver to create a situation that didn't need to exist.

Anyone on Bus Cook and Cutlers side on this needs to pull their head out. As it goes on it is becoming more and more clear what is going on here.

Cutler says to make me feel better i want a longer commitment from team. Like I huge garaunteed contract. Hell for all we know Cutler really feels the Diabetes at the end of each yr and he knows he feels he needs his big pay day early because he may not play as long as other qbs get to.

No way this is Mcdaniels fault, all he is doing is trying to build the team. IMO this is starting to look like a ploy for a new contract from either the Broncos or another team.

If Culter is doing this to get a new contract, I would not hold it against him. NFL is a business and teams can cut you or trade you any time. There is no place for loyalty here.

A diabetic like Cutler might only have his next contract atmost. Especially looking at his career record 17-20, lack of leadership, immaturity and growing reputation as a primadonna/head case he would be lucky to get another big contract. Now his value is at its peak, so whats wrong if he is thinking for himself. After all nfl is a business right?

theAPAOps5

The rumor is he screams like a girl when sacked. Cutler probably should stick around, just his type of guy.......:thanku:

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
If Culter is doing this to get a new contract, I would not hold it against him. NFL is a business and teams can cut you or trade you any time. There is no place for loyalty here.

A diabetic like Cutler might only have his next contract atmost. Especially looking at his career record 17-20, lack of leadership, immaturity and growing reputation as a primadonna/head case he would be lucky to get another big contract. Now his value is at its peak, so whats wrong if he is thinking for himself. After all nfl is a business right?

There are atleast 15 teams teams that would love to give him a big new contract.

SoDak Bronco
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I just got done watching Cutler playing against the Chargers on
NFL replay, pretty disappointing that our coach wanted to trade him.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM

Please distinguish btw games because this could either be truth or sarcasm!

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM

Because we would've been boned in every single game without him?

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Indeed. It's too bad the reporter gave him a way out by asking him to "clarify" it, so that he could back up and say he totally supported McD.

I don't think it's unfortunate; it's almost assumed. We all pretty much knew Bowlen was all in on McDaniels for at least the next two years.

bpc
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Bowlen's so predictable. He's not committed to winning. That's all a farse. He's committed to saving face instead of what really needs to be done: Getting rid of McDaniels and calling the Shanahan firing what it was, a HUGE f' up in judgement on his part.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Sure is.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Bowlen's so predictable. He's not committed to winning. That's all a farse. He's committed to saving face instead of what really needs to be done: Getting rid of McDaniels and calling the Shanahan firing what it was, a HUGE f' up in judgement on his part.

Let it go.....just let......it........go.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Agreed. Its sad that the only courage Pat has is liquid courage.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
When all you can do is say Bowlen is drunk you are admitting your argument is weak.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
There are atleast 15 teams teams that would love to give him a big new contract.

I don't know about 15, but I'm sure there are plenty. This whole thing is starting to make more sense.

According to that article, Chris Simms is scheduled to make almost 3 times as much as Cutler next year. If Cook wants sell Jay in favor of an early payday, he doesn't have to go any farther than that. Even though a lot of blame goes to the collective bargaining agreement and the agreement Jay and his agent signed.

barryr
03-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I wonder if McDaniels will be held to a higher level of performance than Shanahan since some think 1 playoff win in 10 years was worth keeping.

summerdenver
03-15-2009, 03:43 PM

I know. I am only repeating what I have read here in the past month or so. And I forgot to add alcoholic to the list.

If I am Ten, Min or Car, I would throw picks or peppers to get him - because it not only makes me a contender this year but also sets up the franchise for the next 5 to 10 years. People criticising Jay can't have it both ways. When you say Broncos have every right to do whats best for them how is the same logic not applicable to Jay?

Why do people who say Jay is immature punk and that you can't win with him, claim that we should get awesome deals in return for him? You can't have it both ways. Either he is good or bad. He can't be a both a poisonous cancer and still other teams should pay bush load of picks for him. right?

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I wonder if McDaniels will be held to a higher level of performance than Shanahan since some think 1 playoff win in 10 years was worth keeping.

Well....he's certainly acting like he's better than anyone else. The fans should expect nothing less than 11-5 and a playoff win from him this year. He likes to talk about accountability. If he doesn't match that record, he should be held accountable. No excuses. He thinks he's better than anyone else, then prove it or get out.

summerdenver
03-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Please distinguish btw games because this could either be truth or sarcasm!

bpc
03-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Year 1 under McNugget is going to be an epic fail especially if Jay isn't in town.

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Well....he's certainly acting like he's better than anyone else. The fans should expect nothing less than 11-5 and a playoff win from him this year. He likes to talk about accountability. If he doesn't match that record, he should be held accountable. No excuses. He thinks he's better than anyone else, then prove it or get out.

I agree with that.

summerdenver
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM

Can he side with Jay now? Its probably too late now. He should have been decisive on the first day of news breaking out. If he sides with Jay now the coach (wheter its JMac or new coach) won't have any control over the locker room.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Can he side with Jay now? Its probably too late now. He should have been decisive on the first day of news breaking out. If he sides with Jay now the coach (wheter its JMac or new coach) won't have any control over the locker room.

They need to sit down and hammer out the extension if that's what Jay wants. Loads of cap room, just get it done so we can ****ing win. It will only benefit McDaniels' legacy.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Nope do not give him more money. He doesn't deserve it. If he shuts up plays well and buys into the system. Then sure as **** extend the hell out of him. But he isn't bigger than the team and doing that makes him bigger.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Nope do not give him more money. He doesn't deserve it. If he shuts up plays well and buys into the system. Then sure as **** extend the hell out of him. But he isn't bigger than the team and doing that makes him bigger.

What if he gets McD name tattooed on his ankle? Can he then get as much money as Cris Simms?

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
They need to sit down and hammer out the extension if that's what Jay wants. Loads of cap room, just get it done so we can ****ing win. It will only benefit McDaniels' legacy.

It would also have the benefit of putting McDaniels in his place and letting him know that he can't run around unchecked.

gyldenlove
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
What happens when we are down by 4 with 10 seconds to go and it is 4th and goal on the 8 yard line. Does Mcdaniels trust Cutler to win or lose the game? How does Cutler react if he doesn't get the ball?

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
What happens when we are down by 4 with 10 seconds to go and it is 4th and goal on the 8 yard line. Does Mcdaniels trust Cutler to win or lose the game? How does Cutler react if he doesn't get the ball?

He's gonna have to.

We know Buckhalter will get to the LOS and then rip his ACL... again.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
He's gonna have to.

We know Buckhalter will get to the LOS and then rip his ACL... again.

He will be lucky to make it to the huddle.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
He will be lucky to make it to the huddle.

:spit:

Inkana7
It would also have the benefit of putting McDaniels in his place and letting him know that he can't run around unchecked.

By letting Cutler know that he can run around unchecked? Your hypocrisy shows your agenda in this whole issue.

TonyR

Yes, although clearly many people here still don't get it. The pro-Shanahan faction is still wearing their blinders.

barryr
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Some just don't like change. Content with 1 playoff win in 10 years and no playoffs at all the last 3. Most coaches wouldn't last 5 years with that record.

Winning 2 Super Bowls got Shanahan extra time that most coaches do not get, yet he still wanted to bring back a DC that no one else in the NFL would hire for that job.

I would be the first to be upset at the Shanahan firing if I felt they were on the verge of doing something.

But I stand to what I said by week 10 of the season: the only way this defense gets better anytime soon is with a different head coach who will take it seriously and not keep hiring and keeping the stale coaches on the defensive staff who haven't done jack.

bpc
03-15-2009, 04:02 PM
"THE BUCK STOPS WITH ME." according to Bowlen.

What's the old adage? A stitch now will save several later? Pat could have stepped out and put both sides in their place the same day this all went down two or three weeks ago. He could have took some creative control over his franchise for once and made the call. Instead he was MIA, no where to be found while Colonel Sanders and McNuggit gaffed their stories to the media about what was actually going on. Then instead of getting Josh on the situation, the 32 year old idiot made Cutler wait until he felt it was time to call him, close to a week later. Pat could have grabbed the bull by the horns before it got to this point. It was HE that said he was going to be doing that back when Shanahan was fired.

Pat dropped the ball. He fired a hall of fame coach who had this team within a year's striking distance for the AFC championship. He brought in a coach who probably plays xbox in his office and a guy that a lot of personnel people have flat out said in the media, isn't ready to run a personnel department.

The latest mistake was not squashing this situation immediately. Now if he is to make it happen, he'll most likely have to open the pocket book. The only problem with that is his bank account is going dry with the economy. So instead of making a tough choice and ditching the loser he brought in to coach the team, he's going to try and save face by getting rid of a franchise QB instead.

I think Bowlen moving on will do this town a lot of good. Hell, maybe new ownership will bring back the orange and blue uniforms.

summerdenver
03-15-2009, 04:02 PM

That could work. They would have ended up shelling out the same money to Cassel if the trade went thru.

I don't beleive they will do that though. It seems like they are more ineterested proving that it was Jay cutler's fault than resloving the issue.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:04 PM
That could work. They would have ended up shelling out the same money to Cassel if the trade went thru.

I don't beleive they will do that though. It seems like they are more ineterested proving that it was Jay cutler's fault than resloving the issue.

Then pride will be their demise. They're flat out NOT the ones with the leverage.

Inkana7
03-15-2009, 04:05 PM
"THE BUCK STOPS WITH ME." according to Bowlen.

What's the old adage? A stitch now will save several later? Pat could have stepped out and put both sides in their place the same day this all went down two or three weeks ago. He could have took some creative control over his franchise for once and made the call. Instead he was MIA, no where to be found while Colonel Sanders and McNuggit gaffed their stories to the media about what was actually going on. Then instead of getting Josh on the situation, the 32 year old idiot made Cutler wait until he felt it was time to call him, close to a week later. Pat could have grabbed the bull by the horns before it got to this point. It was HE that said he was going to be doing that back when Shanahan was fired.

Pat dropped the ball. He fired a hall of fame coach who had this team within a year's striking distance for the AFC championship. He brought in a coach who probably plays xbox in his office and a guy that a lot of personnel people have flat out said in the media, isn't ready to run a personnel department.

The latest mistake was not squashing this situation immediately. Now if he is to make it happen, he'll most likely have to open the pocket book. The only problem with that is his bank account is going dry with the economy. So instead of making a tough choice and ditching the loser he brought in to coach the team, he's going to try and save face by getting rid of a franchise QB instead.

I think Bowlen moving on will do this town a lot of good. Hell, maybe new ownership will bring back the orange and blue uniforms.

A year's striking distance of the AFC Championship?? Hilarious!

Dude, did you watch Denver last year, at all? You're saying that it was a team that could compete with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indy and New England? Hahaha. Rich.

God love the Shanahan lovers.

barryr
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM

Dude, did you watch Denver last year, at all? You're saying that it was a team that could compete with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indy and New England? Hahaha. Rich.

Agreed. What team was he watching?

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
God! i hate that some folks can't admit shanahan had some huge faults.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM

They are good for a laugh, aren't they?

montrose
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Disappointed Bowlen: "We may lose our star quarterback"
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

They have tried talking on the phone, and meeting in person. Neither apparently has worked.

What's next for new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and his disgruntled quarterback, Jay Cutler? There now appears a real possibility the two sides are headed for a divorce based on irreconcilable differences.

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday of the feud between his quarterback and first-year coach. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he is steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the situation.

Friction between Cutler and McDaniels appears to have escalated following a meeting Saturday. Attending the meeting were Cutler, his agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

The Broncos say no ultimatums were given during the Saturday meeting, which the team characterized as mild-mannered, with no raised voices. However, no reconciliation was reached.

"We agreed to regroup and continue to have conversations," a Broncos spokesman told the Denver Post. "The Broncos reinforced to Jay and his agent that they have been honest with them since Day One."

The breakdown came just as it appeared Cutler and McDaniels were moving towards mending their relationship. Cutler returned to Denver late last week from Nashville, where he has spent most of the offseason. With McDaniels holding his first team meeting at 8 a.m. Monday, Cutler was not only planning to attend, he agreed to a pre-emptive personal meeting with his new coach and GM.

However, according to a source close to Cutler, the quarterback didn't like what he heard and as of Sunday was set on skipping the team meeting Monday.

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include his agent, Cook, who led the discussions in the both the conference call last Monday with Broncos officials and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders.

It's possible that because of their mistrust in Broncos officials, Cook and Cutler are seeking indications of a stronger commitment through a new contract. After making nearly $17 million through the first three years of his six-year contract, Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season. Cutler could also earn an additional $100,000 by attending 90 percent of the team's offseason conditioning program that technically begins after the meeting Monday, although for now Cutler appears willing to forfeit that workout bonus.

Cutler also could earn potential bonuses of $4 million in 2010 and $12 million in 2011 that are not guaranteed but would become vested through playing time and performance.

Cutler, who passed for 25 touchdowns and 4,526 yards last season while throwing 18 interceptions, has been unhappy with McDaniels since learning he was involved in a trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay in a three-team swap that would have brought Matt Cassel, McDaniels' former quarterback in New England, to Denver.

Cutler has said he is not bothered by the trade proposal itself, but feels McDaniels misled him. McDaniels has said the Broncos merely listened to offers submitted from other teams, as they do for all players, but Cutler's camp isn't buying that explanation.

The Broncos' current backup quarterback is Chris Simms, a former Tampa Bay starter who was recently signed to a two-year, $6 million contract from the free-agent market. Simms will make $3.46 million in salary and bonus for the 2009 season and could earn another $1.5 million in incentives that appear more makeable with each passing day of the Cutler controversy.

Cutler put his Parker home up for sale Friday and his parents listed their Elizabeth home for sale Saturday, perhaps sending the message they are serious about leaving Denver.

If Cutler is traded, his preferences figure to be the Tennessee Titans, who play in Nashville, or the Chicago Bears, his favorite childhood team who are in need of a quarterback upgrade. Other possibilities could be Cleveland, whose coach Eric Mangini, was formerly McDaniels' colleague on Bill Belichick's staff in New England; Tampa Bay; Minnesota; Detroit and Arizona.

Any trade would likely involve draft picks. April 25 is the first day of the NFL draft.

The Broncos could also decide to not trade Cutler and treat him as a holdout if he refuses off-season workouts.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11919325

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:12 PM

You have no idea what team is!

TheReverend
God! i hate that some folks can't admit shanahan had some huge faults.

Less faults in sixteen years than we've seen in less than 2 months, dude...

SportinOne
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3981966

If he's a no-show, it will undermine McDaniels' authority and deepen the rift between the 25-year-old quarterback and the 32-year-old first-time head coach, perhaps irreparably.

What the hell!?!?!!? Um, can Bill Williamson please be fired? How can you even say that? It's like Adam Schefter gathered up all of the sports media in the entire southwest region after day 1 of this crap and just gave them all the go ahead:

Schefter: (Drenched in sweat, pacing room with hands behind back, not making eye contact with anyone and talking quite fast) "Hey, well, it's finally happened (nervous laugh). They won't tell me anything anymore. Ever since Shanahan got fired I just don't have an in at Dove Valley. But we have to write about SOMETHING don't we? Now it will just be this once, and then it's back to honest journalism. Billy, you've been here a while. Any ideas? (Turns to face crowd) Bill?"

Klis: "He's gone."

Schefter: "Ohhhhhhhh, ****. Well. Hmmmm. I don't... I don't know."

Klis: "**** it, no one respects him any...Adam, where are you going?!"

Schefter: "I just remembered something about Jay trying to sell his house a while back. This is gonna be GOOD."

Klis: "Well, now I have nothing to write about... Hmmmmm, something wacky, something wacky.... Okay, ummm, (Starts typing) The best way to fix the Broncos defense would be to... to... to rebuild the secondary!(mischievious grin develops) Yeah, who's your daddy now, Schefty?"

Hercules Rockefeller
Maybe this can be merged like the last time a thread was started about this article?

TonyR
Then pride will be their demise. They're flat out NOT the ones with the leverage.

Well, taken to the extreme they could make Jay sit on the bench for two years. So they do have some leverage. They can keep Jay in town and he either plays by the rules or he doesn't play. And sitting for the better part of two years would be a career killer.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:13 PM

:spit: Just because he didn't do what you wanted doesn't make them wrong. He has already improved this defense 2 fold from what it was and he has yet to draft.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Well, taken to the extreme they could make Jay sit on the bench for two years. So they do have some leverage. They can keep Jay in town and he either plays by the rules or he doesn't play. And sitting for the better part of two years would be a career killer.

One year at best. Picking up his option just to bench him would cause problems with the NFLPA, and probably ruin the lockerroom for McD.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
"I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

That's some meaty stuff right there. Hope the weight of that statement isn't lost on anybody here.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Ummmm ya dwell on the past
i admit shanahan had his time in the sun but you have to admit he super sucked at drafting anf his play calling was rather odd the last few years and standing behind slowik and ramsey was flat odd. ( it was time ) to go in a different direction.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:17 PM
:spit: Just because he didn't do what you wanted doesn't make them wrong. He has already improved this defense 2 fold from what it was and he has yet to draft.

Wow already calling a top 15 defense even before camp? Thats brave. Can I hold you to that?

mikeauran
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM
They have tried talking on the phone, and meeting in person. Neither apparently has worked.

Post Poll - Will Cutler show?
Do you think Jay Cutler will show up in Dove Valley Monday morning?
Yes, absolutely
Yes, it's likely
Yes, but it's unlikely
No, no way
Yes, but Cutler will get there late
I don't care
following a meeting Saturday. Attending the meeting were Cutler, his agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include his agent, Cook, who led the discussions in the both the conference
Jay Cutler (Associated Press file)
call last Monday with Broncos officials and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Ummmm ya dwell on the past
i admit shanahan had his time in the sun but you have to admit he super sucked at drafting anf his play calling was rather odd the last few years and standing behind slowik and ramsey was flat odd. ( it was time ) to go in a different direction.

When did he stand behind Ramsey? And I'll accept your Ramsey and raise you one Chris Simms for a lot more money...

Play calling was odd at times, and most of the time it was extremely successful.

...and the drafts have been phenomenal since Sunquist left the building.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow thanks for another thread on the same article.

TheReverend

I listed my points of contention with his moves several times. I KNOW you've read them more than once.

If you'd like to make a discussion of it, by all means, criticize any one of the points. What you're doing is simply more optimism without addressing what I've said.

bpc
Bowlen = Putz

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Holy **** why haven't I seen this already. THANKS FOR POSTING IT AGAIN!

Inkana7
Daaayum.

Gcver2ver3
it's awesome that i have so many threads to choose from that have exactly the same topic...

i'm a man that loves variety...

Meck77
03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season.

Simms will make $3.46 million in salary and bonus for the 2009 season and could earn another $1.5 million in incentives that appear more makeable with each passing day of the Cutler controversy.

Is there anyone around here who still doesn't get what is really going on?

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11919325

Disappointed Bowlen: "We may lose our star quarterback" By Mike Klis

The Denver Post Posted: 03/15/2009 09:42:21 AM MDT Updated: 03/15/2009 05:15:20 PM MDT

following a meeting Saturday. Attending the meeting were Cutler, his agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders. The Broncos say no ultimatums were given during the Saturday meeting, which the team characterized as mild-mannered, with no raised voices. However, no reconciliation was reached.

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include his agent, Cook, who led the discussions in the both the conference

Jay Cutler (Associated Press file)call last Monday with Broncos officials and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders. It's possible that because of their mistrust in Broncos officials, Cook and Cutler are seeking indications of a stronger commitment through a new contract. After making nearly $17 million through the first three years of his six-year contract, Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season. Cutler could also earn an additional $100,000 by attending 90 percent of the team's offseason conditioning program that technically begins after the meeting Monday, although for now Cutler appears willing to forfeit that workout bonus.

Cutler also could earn potential bonuses of $4 million in 2010 and $12 million in 2011 that are not guaranteed but

Josh McDaniels (Associated Press)would become vested through playing time and performance. Cutler, who passed for 25 touchdowns and 4,526 yards last season while throwing 18 interceptions, has been unhappy with McDaniels since learning he was involved in a trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay in a three-team swap that would have brought Matt Cassel, McDaniels' former quarterback in New England, to Denver.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:30 PM
For ****s sake people knock it off!

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
LOL you know you are the 7th person to post this already!

bronco militia
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM

Disappointed Bowlen: "We might lose our star QB"

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 04:37 PM

The Denver Post Posted: 03/15/2009 09:42:21 AM MDT Updated: 03/15/2009 05:15:20 PM MDT

following a meeting Saturday. Attending the meeting were Cutler, his agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders. The Broncos say no ultimatums were given during the Saturday meeting, which the team characterized as mild-mannered, with no raised voices. However, no reconciliation was reached.

Jay Cutler (Associated Press file)call last Monday with Broncos officials and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders. It's possible that because of their mistrust in Broncos officials, Cook and Cutler are seeking indications of a stronger commitment through a new contract. After making nearly $17 million through the first three years of his six-year contract, Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season. Cutler could also earn an additional $100,000 by attending 90 percent of the team's offseason conditioning program that technically begins after the meeting Monday, although for now Cutler appears willing to forfeit that workout bonus.

Cutler also could earn potential bonuses of $4 million in 2010 and $12 million in 2011 that are not guaranteed but

Josh McDaniels (Associated Press)would become vested through playing time and performance. Cutler, who passed for 25 touchdowns and 4,526 yards last season while throwing 18 interceptions, has been unhappy with McDaniels since learning he was involved in a trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay in a three-team swap that would have brought Matt Cassel, McDaniels' former quarterback in New England, to Denver.

Cutler and Cook want out. Scheffler wants out. Hmmmm... I hope McX make a sweet deal for them. Package them both up and ship them out.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 04:37 PM

Disappointed Bowlen: "We might lose our star QB"

It's called thread merging. They are going into the Cutler-McDaniels meeting thread because this is an update to that story. PLEASE STOP CREATING A NEW THREAD BASED ON THIS ARTICLE!!!!! It's getting annoying having to constantly merge this crap.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
HAve you guys seen the article where Bowlen is quoted as being disappointed?

Blueflame
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM

If you haven't checked yet, some are saying we'll beat those teams this year... even with Chris Simms under center... you talk about rich and blinder-wearing....

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:42 PM
HAve you guys seen the article where Bowlen is quoted as being disappointed?

Where can I find such a gem?

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Where can I find such a gem?

I believe Bronco Militia has it ask him.

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
OH GOD Quinn as our starter puke. Come on Det bail us out. I do get Quinn idea it makes sense but, I won't like it the guy.

baja
03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season.

Is there anyone around here who still doesn't get what is really going on?

Lots and lots, amazing isn't it.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I am wonder if the latest flare up is that Scheffer is about to be traded and Cutler raised a stink.

El Minion
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include his agent, Cook, who led the discussions in the both the conference call last Monday with Broncos officials and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders. It's possible that because of their mistrust in Broncos officials, Cook and Cutler are seeking indications of a stronger commitment through a new contract. After making nearly $17 million through the first three years of his six-year contract, Cutler will make $1.035 million salary this season. Cutler could also earn an additional $100,000 by attending 90 percent of the team's offseason conditioning program that technically begins after the meeting Monday, although for now Cutler appears willing to forfeit that workout bonus.

I think this says it all. Just be careful what you wish for Jay and the Cutler-haters. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees and neither do stable FO teams.

tebowisdabomb
03-15-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=141243

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:06 PM
In before merge

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
In before merge

Did you make it?!?

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Did you make it?!?

Of course.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Of course.

I'm so tempted to start a "DID YOU GUYS HERE WHAT BOWLEN SAID" thread

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Cutler has profited $17m in the last 3 years.

If Cook/Cutler is holding out for more money, I say he needs to show good faith by showing up.

If this is about money, I don't want Cutler as the Broncos QB. Unfortunately, I think Cook is an azzhole enfluence too.

Fuggem and Scheffler too.

$17m/3= $5m+ a year.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:17 PM

If you do I will be the first to post in it.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Cutler has profited $17m in the last 3 years.

If Cook/Cutler is holding out for more money, I say he needs to show good faith by showing up.

If this is about money, I don't want Cutler as the Broncos QB. Unfortunately, I think Cook is an azzhole enfluence too.

Fuggem and Scheffler too.

$17m/3= $5m+ a year.

It's not all about money. He's even been quoted as saying he'd do what he needed to do to keep their draft class together.

That was then, before the rift, this is now.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:22 PM
In before merge

Dude I was giving the kid a bath. How many reposts did I miss?

vancejohnson82
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM

that typ of terrible grammar would fit right in with 60% of the thread names hear....

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:24 PM

7 to 15 i loss count. :clown:

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:25 PM

I lost track, but it really is amazing.

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 15 - 7:53 pm et

Owner Pat Bowlen acknowledged Sunday that he's disappointed" in Jay Cutler and says the Broncos "might lose our star quarterback."
"I'm disappointed in the whole picture," Bowlen said, also confirming that he steadfastly supports coach Josh McDaniels' handling of the situation. Sources tell the Denver Post that Cutler won't show for offseason conditioning, and the paper suggests that he may even be asking for a new contract as a sign of "commitment." The Broncos have taken a hard-line approach this far, so it seems unlikely that Cutler would get that wish. Cutler will forfeit a $100,000 workout bonus by failing to show on Monday.
Source: Denver Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I n before merge.

Old No. 7
03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Yikes!

Pat Bowlen: we may lose our QB
Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 15 - 7:53 pm et

Owner Pat Bowlen acknowledged Sunday that he's disappointed" in Jay Cutler and says the Broncos "might lose our star quarterback."
"I'm disappointed in the whole picture," Bowlen said, also confirming that he steadfastly supports coach Josh McDaniels' handling of the situation. Sources tell the Denver Post that Cutler won't show for offseason conditioning, and the paper suggests that he may even be asking for a new contract as a sign of "commitment." The Broncos have taken a hard-line approach this far, so it seems unlikely that Cutler would get that wish. Cutler will forfeit a $100,000 workout bonus by failing to show on Monday.
Source: Denver Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
I n before merge.

Honestly, this is just crazy. I really think people are doing it for kicks and its not funny. It's annoying.

Sigh...merge time..again.

SureShot
nb4merge

Kid A
Is this a joke? Either way, in before merge.

Rabb
03-15-2009, 05:29 PM
http://westrum.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/holy-facepalm.jpg

Bob's your Information Minister
03-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, Brodie Croyle is available, guys.

Or Tyler Thigpen if you want to get crazy.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Merge and ban,

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:30 PM

We will need a QB not a cadaver.

watermock
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
The rumor is he screams like a girl when sacked. Cutler probably should stick around, just his type of guy.......:thanku:

Your so full of sh!t.

He's Mopey Jay because he knew they would be down at least another 3 if not 7 when he took the field again.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Your so full of sh!t.

He's Mopey Jay because he knew they would be down at least another 3 if not 7 when he took the field again.

Mock I was responding to someone who called him Mopey jay. Try to keep up.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Well crap, things just seem to keep getting worse on the Jay front.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
nb4merge

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
in

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
lmao!

Rabb
I want to cut my wrists over this crap...and I don't mean the Broncos drama

DaFace
You're a quick one.

theAPAOps5
merge before in

Taco John
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Here's one on me Pat...

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7866/84215853rw6.jpg

Spider
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
i wish I could get all worked up over this ..............I am trying ........

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Man I think I have doubled my post count just today.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Taco even posted in here. Somebody tell SoCal to stop merging because obviously its not an issue.

barryr
03-15-2009, 05:45 PM

Or Tyler Thigpen if you want to get crazy.

The same guys you pimped not long ago?

24champ
03-15-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.wineclub.hk/images/Jameson%20Irish%20Whiskey.jpg

Spider
03-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Meh neither one of them have been around long enough to really worry about ....But all those ****s that wanted Shanny fired ............. Got your wish , now enjoy , I dont want any b!tching coming from your pie holes

arghemtee
Now Bowlen speaks? What a gutless drunk.

He is disappointed in both McDaniels and Cutler, but obviously will be willing to get rid of Cutler instead of McDaniels.

Pat Bowlen needs to look at the cost of this.

McDaniels will cost 8 million, over 4 years.

Cutler could pull in more than that in 4 years.

Man-Goblin
Here's one on me Pat...

Is that the Louis? Economic times are tough. Bowlen has probably downgraded to this....

http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Bourbon/Old%20Crow.JPG

labronx
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
It's totally for real. I think Josh should man up to his mistake.
This thing is done...I don't see Cutler being a Bronco any longer. This is his ticket to a big pay day. McDaniel's created the the reason Cutler can demand a trade and feel justification. At the end of the day this is a business and Cutler learned the lesson watching the man who believed in him and thought him alot of what he now knows get discharged. They will have to trade the franchise QB that some of us waited for ever the one we realized we so desperately needed after the AFCC vs. Pittsburgh. I knew then Ben was a true franchise QB the kind that franchises are built around and not a stop gap like Plummer, Griese and Simms, you Phillip Rivers. It doesn't even hurt. What kinda will sting is the fact that he is barely entering his prime. I kinda want it to happen...just so that alot of the people here...that still haven't let go of the Plummer vs the e Defense argument will be proven wrong once again when they realize that franchise QBs dont grow on trees. Cancelling my Sunday ticket... It will take a couple to get "that feeling" Theb one Shanny created around here...The one that Bowlen thought he knew how to create....The whole we win Superbowls and challange for it every year...that was Shannahan not Bowlen. It was Huge mistake cutting Shanahan in the sense that, Bowlen did not see how loyal Cutler was to Shanny, to the point were he was in all reality...underpaid...in todays NFL. Mc Daniels like he can be a good coach but he set himself back atleast two years by having to trade Cutler.

Cutler is gone.

Gort
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Here's one on me Pat...

Cutler and Cook are the gutless drunks. at this point, i want Cutler gone. i can't stand the sight of his mopey face anymore. he's the 2nd coming of Jeff George. he won't win a goddamned thing in this league. the Broncos will find out that replacing him is easier than they thought. we still have WR weapons and even if the next QB doesn't have the arm strength of Cutler, he can more than make up for it by making smart decisions on the field.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Is that the Louis? Economic times are tough. Bowlen has probably downgraded to this....

http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Bourbon/Old%20Crow.JPG

Wait until people stop going to games and then he will have to settle for this.

https://secure.yisi.net/phoenix/images/574248.jpg

BroncoDoug
Just trade him already, move on...

arghemtee
Cutler and Cook are the gutless drunks. at this point, i want Cutler gone. i can't stand the sight of his mopey face anymore. he's the 2nd coming of Jeff George. he won't win a goddamned thing in this league. the Broncos will find out that replacing him is easier than they thought. we still have WR weapons and even if the next QB doesn't have the arm strength of Cutler, he can more than make up for it by making smart decisions on the field.

You mean the receiver weapons that McDaniels wants to trade? Scheffler will be traded, Rumors of Royal in trades and Marshall facing a suspension.

24champ
03-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Here's one on me Pat...

http://www.midweek.com/images/uploads/060217/onthemove.jpg

Gort
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
You mean the receiver weapons that McDaniels wants to trade? Scheffler will be traded, Rumors of Royal in trades and Marshall facing a suspension.

there are no rumors about Royal being traded.

Marshall may not lose too many games to suspension.

Stokely is still here.

Putzier is still here.

Graham can catch some balls.

fix the RB problem and get a guy with an accurate arm at QB who can play within the system, and the offense can still be potent.

Popps
03-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, you folks crying for Bowlen to speak finally got your wish. Nothing surprising, and nothing a bunch of us weren't telling you already.....

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Bowlen is an example of a short sighted person who didn't look at the pros and cons of dangling Cutler out there as trade bait.

Now he's dealing with the laws of unintended consequences.

Buckle down Bronco Fans.....we could be in for some be in for Bengals-Raiders or Detroit type seasons.

How I'm longing for stability.

KS Bronco
03-15-2009, 05:57 PM
seems like bowlen could end this right now by extending cutler's contract

MechanicalBull
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Someone wake me when this whole mess is over. It's getting pretty obvious that if one of them goes it clearly will be Jay and not Josh.

oubronco
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM

and hurt Mcdaniels feelings

arghemtee
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
there are no rumors about Royal being traded.

Marshall may not lose too many games to suspension.

Stokely is still here.

Putzier is still here.

Graham can catch some balls.

fix the RB problem and get a guy with an accurate arm at QB who can play within the system, and the offense can still be potent.

Hilarious! Graham and Putzier.

You might as well list Wesley Duke.

Rabb
03-15-2009, 06:01 PM

Jesus Christ that would be the WORST thing to do

undermine your new HC AND let the player dictate the situation

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:02 PM

And McDaniels could be the second coming of all the HC protegee's from the Belecheck coaching tree. It could come down that both McDaniels and Cutler needed each at this stage in their careers.

McDaniels felt for himself to be succesfull he needed Matt Cassell. Perhaps Cutler believes he needs a change of scenary to be successful and perhaps getting reunited with Coach Shanhan in the near near future.

barryr
03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Right now, it's just about impossible to extend Cutler and let his agent think he's running things. Do people see what Scott Boras does to teams in baseball? We want that?

BMarsh615
03-15-2009, 06:03 PM

Screw the new head coach. Most of the time head coaches don't even finish out their contract. Given how McDaniels has done so far I don't think he will last 2 seasons.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Well, you folks crying for Bowlen to speak finally got your wish. Nothing surprising, and nothing a bunch of us weren't telling you already.....

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

C'mon man. I maintain support for the front office in this whole fiasco.

But I found his quote comforting in the fact that I translate it to mean he does believe McDaniels and company have some responsibility. Bowlen may be our only hope in that he could quasi-force a resolution to where we can get to next season as Cutler as the QB. If that happens, success can mend Cutler and McDaniels' relationship, which is what I believe is in the best interest for the team. At least, at this point.

I guess we won't know from this article simply because it's paraphrased. But both parties, in my opinion, have some fault in what is going on.

arghemtee
03-15-2009, 06:04 PM

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

He doesnt sound to thrilled about McDaniels either.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Some of you act like this has never happened before. Contract negotiations happen all the time.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Ummmmmmm......I don't know if that won't be such a good idea. Bowlen has already sent the message that McDaniels is here to stay. Why not tell Cutler he's here to stay with a contract extentsion, thus making McDainel's and Cutler they need each other to succeed.

Hell Bowlen could call them both into his office and say that the Broncos success depends of both the QB and HC to get on board and quit with all the BS.

rastaman
03-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Right now, it's just about impossible to extend Cutler and let his agent think he's running things. Do people see what Scott Boras does to teams in baseball? We want that?

I don't think extending Cutler's contract let Jay know he's running things, it does two things 1) it let's Cutler know he's wanted and won't be traded anytime soon. 2) and it lets McDaniel's know "Cutler" is his Matt Cassell.:sunshine:

Arkansas Bronco
03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Here's one on me Pat...

That stuff is 50 bucks a shot. If you give bowlen one of those you must think he is doing a great job. Me, well I buy him a drink and drink it in front of him till he gets this back on track.

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Hmmm...
"Cook is the same agent who represents Brett Favre and helped facilitate the quarterback's trade out of Green Bay to the New York Jets last summer."

So does Cook advise all his clients to air their crap in the press and cry like babies?

barryr
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't think extending Cutler's contract let Jay know he's running things, it does two things 1) it let's Cutler know he's wanted and won't be traded anytime soon. 2) and it lets McDaniel's know "Cutler" is his Matt Cassell.:sunshine:

If he doesn't come to the workouts like everybody else but another Cook client, then yes, extending him wouldn't be wise for the Broncos until they knew he was serious about being a leader on this team. The Broncos have stated they aren't trading him, but it appears Cutler with his actions, wants to be traded.

barryr
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Hmmm...
"Cook is the same agent who represents Brett Favre and helped facilitate the quarterback's trade out of Green Bay to the New York Jets last summer."

So does Cook advise all his clients to air their crap in the press and cry like babies?

It's looking like it.

03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
So have you guys considered the REAL horror story?

Cutler is traded to someone other than Detroit...the Broncos have no shot at Stafford to Sanchez...and are left to wallow in the mire with Chrissy Simms and PRAY another quarterback comes along sooner rather than later.

Ouch.

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Okay I found this and thought it was really funny. It was from October 2008. Please note it is not a real article, just some humor.

http://tysports.blogspot.com/2008/10/false-allegations-jay-cutler-files.html (http://tysports.blogspot.com/2008/10/false-allegations-jay-cutler-files.html)3D1T4ACAW_enUS307US308%26sa%3DX%26um%3D 1 (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.620wtmj.com/images/620wtmj_022708favre97elwayjs.JPG&imgrefurl=http://tysports.blogspot.com/2008/10/false-allegations-jay-cutler-files.html&usg=__aV_tHMcH50yfX4z6IXp4oG7KDJs=&h=240&w=320&sz=20&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=N0P5yAciauqiQM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrett%2Bfavre%2Bjay%2Bcutler%2Bpictur es%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ACAW_enUS307US308%26sa%3DX %26um%3D1)

Man-Goblin
03-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Gee, never came to my mind.

BTW, there's a damn good chance both QB's will be available at 12. But doubt the Broncos go there.

Drek
03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Hmmm...

I don't know, he made Steve McNair's problems with the Titans (which lead to McNair suing the team) pretty damn public.

And he didn't squash the obvious rumors that Randy Moss was just playing bad in Oakland to get the hell out of there.

Hell, he even had Brett Favre talking through the media about how much he'd love to have Randy Moss on the packers back then, trying to drive a bidding war between teams to get Moss his max leverage in terms of a new deal. Didn't work, but it was an obvious attempt in that regard.

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't know, he made Steve McNair's problems with the Titans (which lead to McNair suing the team) pretty damn public.

And he didn't squash the obvious rumors that Randy Moss was just playing bad in Oakland to get the hell out of there.

Hell, he even had Brett Favre talking through the media about how much he'd love to have Randy Moss on the packers back then, trying to drive a bidding war between teams to get Moss his max leverage in terms of a new deal. Didn't work, but it was an obvious attempt in that regard.

Makes me think perhaps the problem is the idiot sports agents giving such stellar advise. There's the next thread, Cook is the Satan of the NFL.

03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
BTW, there's a damn good chance both QB's will be available at 12. B

Bull plop.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Makes me think perhaps the problem is the idiot sports agents giving such stellar advise. There's the next thread, Cook is the Satan of the NFL.

I disagree. It is as the Rev said, the team opened the Pandora's box and now they have to pay ($) for it.

KS Bronco
03-15-2009, 07:08 PM

mcdaniels has said all along that they never wanted to trade cutler, so that would not be undermining the hc; in fact that would only be supporting what he has said (publicly)

Taco John
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
So have you guys considered the REAL horror story?

Cutler is traded to someone other than Detroit...the Broncos have no shot at Stafford to Sanchez...and are left to wallow in the mire with Chrissy Simms and PRAY another quarterback comes along sooner rather than later.

Ouch.

The real horror story would be drafting either Stafford or Sanchez. I'd rather stick with Chris Simms than waste any money on either of those two guys.

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I disagree. It is as the Rev said, the team opened the Pandora's box and now they have to pay ($) for it.

Maybe so. However, campaigning for your raise in the press is a less then classy tactic and frankly after watching Brett Favre's drama in the news all last year, quite tiresome. Jay should have negotiated outside the press and frankly the tactics hurt him, not help him. I suspect he could not get the raise he wanted because they aren't going to give him to him on potential alone nor on great statistics. The win percentage of the team hurt him as an individual so he banked on the general overall goodwill the fans have towards him to help hold the organization hostage until he got what he wanted. Guess we will see if it backfires come a final decision on trading or keeping him. I for one, don't like negotiating with divas throwing temper tantrums. On the other hand it can be effective, look at the Friends' cast, they got $1 mil an episode each by holding out together. Jay can get it, but at what cost?

Taco John
03-15-2009, 07:18 PM
That stuff is 50 bucks a shot. If you give bowlen one of those you must think he is doing a great job. Me, well I buy him a drink and drink it in front of him till he gets this back on track.

It must be cheaper in Arkansas than in Portland. It's at least $100 a shot here.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Maybe so. However, campaigning for your raise in the press is a less then classy tactic and frankly after watching Brett Favre's drama in the news all last year, quite tiresome. Jay should have negotiated outside the press and frankly the tactics hurt him, not help him. I suspect he could not get the raise he wanted because they aren't going to give him to him on potential alone nor on great statistics. The win percentage of the team hurt him as an individual so he banked on the general overall goodwill the fans have towards him to help hold the organization hostage until he got what he wanted. Guess we will see if it backfires come a final decision on trading or keeping him. I for one, don't like negotiating with divas throwing temper tantrums. On the other hand it can be effective, look at the Friends' cast, they got $1 mil an episode each by holding out together. Jay can get it, but at what cost?

To him? None, really.

TonyR
03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
The real horror story would be drafting either Stafford or Sanchez. I'd rather stick with Chris Simms than waste any money on either of those two guys.

Agree. Don't want anything to do with either of them anywhere near the 1st round, and somebody will be desperate and dumb enough to take them that high for sure.

--- Mayock pointed out that of the last 11 underclassmen quarterbacks to be drafted in the first round, only two have been successful - Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rogers. Mayock pointed out a laundry list of failures - Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Alex Smith and, so far, JaMarcus Russell.

Mayock said that if the Lions make a mistake at quarterback with that pick, "they won't recover for five years.''

Mayock spoke very highly of Stafford, saying he has great arm strength and is a good athlete, but also said "There are some things about him that bother me. If I was the Lions, I'd take (Aaron) Curry or one of those left tackles (Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe).

"If you have any doubts about the kid, in my opinion, you have to pass. I told everybody last year that Matt Ryan was the guy. I have questions about the guy this year.''

--- Mayock said he sees some similarities between Stafford and Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, especially arm strength, but he sees one big difference. Mayock said Cutler played for a "horrible'' Vanderbilt team but always had his team in a position to win. Stafford, meanwhile, played with two elite receivers and an NFL-caliber running back and "sometimes he looked like Superman and sometimes he looked average ... I say 'Why?''

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/03/mayock_lions_should_avoid_draf.html