MrPeepers
03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3980773

Source: Paymah agrees to 1-year deal
Comment Email Print Share
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

The Minnesota Vikings' persistent pursuit of Denver Broncos cornerback Karl Paymah was successful. He agreed to a one-year, $1.55 million deal, according to a source.

The former Broncos cornerback was under consideration from the Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Baltimore Ravens and other teams. The Vikings kept calling and recruiting and finally got him to commit to joining one of the most talented defenses in the NFL.

Included in the deal, according to a source, are $500,000 of incentives that could take the deal over the $2 million mark.

Paymah, 26, has good size for a cornerback at 6-0, 195 pounds. He had five starts in his four seasons with the Broncos but was getting more playing time with the team each season.

Northman
03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Meh, he sucked anyway.

Sassy
03-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah baby!!!

theAPAOps5
They have a darn good DL, maybe that will help him not suck.

SoCalBronco
Good for Karl, all the best to him.

Inkana7
He'll play good for them. Good man skills, great hands.

gyldenlove
03-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Another decent DB who will realize his potential with another team.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Another decent DB who will realize his potential with another team.

Yeah I think he will suck less but I don't think he is decent.

Florida_Bronco
03-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I'd rather we kept him.

eddie mac
03-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Paymah will suit their press coverage scheme far better. Good luck to him. He showed some spark towards the end of the 2007 season but it never came back in 2008.

gyldenlove
03-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah I think he will suck less but I don't think he is decent.

I didn't think Foxworth was either, but I am apparently in a minority there according to the Ravens and the 25 million dollars they are going to pay him.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I didn't think Foxworth was either, but I am apparently in a minority there according to the Ravens and the 25 million dollars they are going to pay him.

We also spent a lot of money on a MLB who sucked ass. Free Agency money doesn't mean its worth it. But Foxworth is more than a level above Paymah.

Punisher
Bye Paymah thanks for nothing :welcome:

cutthemdown
The fact he could only get a 1 yr deal tells you what other teams think he is worth.

If they thought he was starting caliber you can bet some team would have offered a 3 yr deal or more. Young players you see as starters you give a lot more then a 1 yr deal to.

Paymah is a bkup corner. I don't even think he makes a good nickel back because he's not scrappy enough to play the slot.

He turns his hips slow and changes direction too slow to be a starting CB in the NFL.

He will be a bkup and play special teams.

Hogan11
03-14-2009, 07:57 PM
No big loss

barryr
03-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh no. Fire McDaniels. He let a backup CB go and he let the Broncos long snapper go too. Watch out Bronco water boy, you're next. I hear Cutler won't report Monday because Paymah is gone and the water boy's job isn't secure.

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Oh no. Fire McDaniels. He let a backup CB go and he let the Broncos long snapper go too. Watch out Bronco water boy, you're next. I hear Cutler won't report Monday because Paymah is gone and the water boy's job isn't secure.

What an ass.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:09 PM
What an ass.

I know right he is almost as big an ass as you are.

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I know right he is almost as big an ass as you are.

I guess we will see won't we. Time is a bitch, she brings us all to our knees. I will see how you fare in the coming years. See you around champ.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Dude stop following me around its creepy.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I got 10 bucks on scttgrd

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I got 10 bucks on scttgrd

Well you do like losers.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Well you do like losers.

LMAO

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Well you do like losers.

I think we can clear all this up at training camp bud.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I'll be there. If you are that weak that you take internet trash talk so seriously you must be weak minded and therefore just weak period.

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I'll be there. If you are that weak that you take internet trash talk so seriously you must be weak minded and therefore just weak period.

No, I think most things can be solved over a beer or 12. But if you insist on other solutions we can do that. But I do like a beer.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:48 PM
No, I think most things can be solved over a beer or 12. But if you insist on other solutions we can do that. But I do like a beer.

Nah I think fighting is juvenile and a last resort. But I would love to meet up and have a beer. I like meeting other fans from the board.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
WOW could this be the first O-Mane couple?

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Nah I think fighting is juvenile and a last resort. But I would love to meet up and have a beer. I like meeting other fans from the board.

Now that sounds good, I like meeting other fans as well. Even if we don't agree. I will look forward to having a beer with you, and telling you why your wrong.:thumbsup:

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:51 PM
WOW could this be the first O-Mane couple?

No way dude lots of Maners have met up. Just because we have a little duel going on doesn't make us a couple. We need to get to Popps and TJ levels for that!

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Now that sounds good, I like meeting other fans as well. Even if we don't agree. I will look forward to having a beer with you, and telling you why your wrong.:thumbsup:

LOL sounds fun. When camp rolls around I will PM you. There is a cool bar at Centennial Airport where I used to work. I will gladly buy you a beer there..... I get them free! :thumbsup:

We'll grab SoCal too if he comes this year. He may have me on ignore right now but we will work things out. Kaylore too, but he drinks soda so he won't be as fun!

Goobzilla
03-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Paymah took a shot at the coaching staff in Denver after he signed with Minnesota.

"I got the talent, but not the guidance."

VIKES WILL PAY PAYMAH’S RENT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:27 p.m.

The “Paymah Rent” tour finally has ended.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, free-agent cornerback Karl Paymah has agreed to terms with the Vikings.

Paymah, who previously played for the Broncos, visited multiple teams before finally arriving in Minnesota.

So either he was tired of traveling, or the Vikings offered him more than any other team.

Paymah signed a one-year deal, and he plans to test the market again in 2010. He thinks that, with the coaching of defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and secondary coach Joe Woods, his career will take off.

“I got the talent,” Paymah said, “but not the guidance.”

But we hope that he’s getting good guidance from his agent. Before Karl presumes that he’ll launch another “Paymah Rent” tour in 2010, he needs to keep one important thing in mind: Absent a new CBA (or a clause in his contract promising that the team won’t try to hold him in place), Paymah will be only a restricted free agent next year, because he won’t have the requisite six years of service.

gyldenlove
03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Paymah took a shot at the coaching staff in Denver after he signed with Minnesota.

"I got the talent, but not the guidance."

VIKES WILL PAY PAYMAH’S RENT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:27 p.m.

The “Paymah Rent” tour finally has ended.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, free-agent cornerback Karl Paymah has agreed to terms with the Vikings.

Paymah, who previously played for the Broncos, visited multiple teams before finally arriving in Minnesota.

So either he was tired of traveling, or the Vikings offered him more than any other team.

Paymah signed a one-year deal, and he plans to test the market again in 2010. He thinks that, with the coaching of defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and secondary coach Joe Woods, his career will take off.

“I got the talent,” Paymah said, “but not the guidance.”

But we hope that he’s getting good guidance from his agent. Before Karl presumes that he’ll launch another “Paymah Rent” tour in 2010, he needs to keep one important thing in mind: Absent a new CBA (or a clause in his contract promising that the team won’t try to hold him in place), Paymah will be only a restricted free agent next year, because he won’t have the requisite six years of service.

Dude, you broke up the 3-way action between Apa, Punisher and consonant-man.

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 09:04 PM
LOL sounds fun. When camp rolls around I will PM you. There is a cool bar at Centennial Airport where I used to work. I will gladly buy you a beer there..... I get them free! :thumbsup:

We'll grab SoCal too if he comes this year. He may have me on ignore right now but we will work things out. Kaylore too, but he drinks soda so he won't be as fun!

That sounds good, I think we can get things going in the right direction. No matter what we are all Bronco fans. Let the fighting continue, all good natured of coarse.:thumbsup:

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 09:06 PM
That sounds good, I think we can get things going in the right direction. No matter what we are all Bronco fans. Let the fighting continue, all good natured of coarse.:thumbsup:

Works for me.