PDA

View Full Version : Casey Doesn't Have To Show Up On Monday

GreatBronco16
03-14-2009, 04:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11892007

Wow, coach is a real dickhead sometimes.

barryr
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Um yeah, gain looking for any reason to dislike McDaniels. When Cutler is 36 he can take a break too.

GreatBronco16
03-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Um yeah, gain looking for any reason to dislike McDaniels. When Cutler is 36 he can take a break too.

No, McDaniels is an ass who doesn't care about his players. He was suppose to tell Casey that his ass better be there or he will be traded.:~ohyah!:

Steve Prefontaine
03-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Actually, I would have given McDaniels more credit if he made Wiegmann report. At least he would be consistent if nothing else.

So everyone is not "on notice". Wiegmann is 100% safe.

DaFace
03-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Isn't Monday non-mandatory anyway? I mean, I know there's a mandatory MEETING that's been called recently, but I thought the WORKOUT was voluntary.

barryr
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Looks like Weigmann worked something out with the coach. Has Cutler worked something out with the coach to miss Monday?

GreatBronco16
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Actually, I would have given McDaniels more credit if he made Wiegmann report. At least he would be consistent if nothing else.

Well to credit Wiegmann, he actually went and talked to McDaniel about it. He didn't go to the press complaining about it then not go and talk to him about it. He was a big boy.

GreatBronco16
03-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Isn't Monday non-mandatory anyway? I mean, I know there's a mandatory MEETING that's been called recently, but I thought the WORKOUT was voluntary.

Hmm, good question. I really don't know what all McDaniel is demanding anymore. I mean you read so much **** on the internet these days.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

Why do you assume that? Just because he doesn't have to report for camp doesn't mean he won't be cut, traded or replaced by an incoming draft pick or FA after teams start making their cuts.

skpac1001
03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

Bloody favoritism towards those who communicate with him.

Kaylore
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Favoritism toward veteran pro bowlers who don't need to be wasting their bodies on off-season training at this point in their careers. This was one area I was a little worried about and it's good to see McDaniels being smart about it.

Steve Prefontaine
03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Well to credit Wiegmann, he actually went and talked to McDaniel about it. He didn't go to the press complaining about it then not go and talk to him about it. He was a big boy.
Totally agree. McDaniels should have been a big boy and told Cutler to a man that he was being shopped in trades...instead of letting it leak out.

Steve Prefontaine
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Why do you assume that? Just because he doesn't have to report for camp doesn't mean he won't be cut, traded or replaced by an incoming draft pick or FA after teams start making their cuts.
I bet you $100 right now that Wiegmann is starting next year for the Broncos.

Do you accept?

Killericon
03-14-2009, 05:02 PM
IIRC, Shanny didn't make Nalen show up the last couple of years.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
I bet you $100 right now that Wiegmann is starting next year for the Broncos.

Do you accept?

All 16 regular season games? I'd take that.

But, in reality, one has nothing to do with the other. He may end up starting, but that doesn't mean he's 100% safe TODAY. If someone becomes available in the next few months that is a younger, better center than him, you can bet McDaniels will bring him in. After all, there appears to be a lot of tension regarding his contract situation......moreso and even more public than Cutler's. We have actual quotes to back this up......unlike in the Cutler case.

chaz
03-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I think Casey should still be required to attend the meeting...everyone needs to be there for unity if nothing else. I couldn't care less if he participates in workouts.

broncofan
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Maybe they should instill a rule that any player who is older than his head coach is not permitted to attend off season workouts.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Fire McD he is a stoopid dummy head. He is giving a vet at the end of his career resting time. Stupid Shanahan did this too and look where it got him, oh wait he ended up in the probowl. Well stupid McDummyCacaHead is still a big jerk.

GreatBronco16
03-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Fire McD he is a stoopid dummy head. He is giving a vet at the end of his career resting time. Stupid Shanahan did this too and look where it got him, oh wait he ended up in the probowl. Well stupid McDummyCacaHead is still a big jerk.

ROFL!

lostknight
03-14-2009, 06:40 PM
The reality is that these things have all been power plays. It's the exact same way that Bellicheck ran things in New England. Put everyone in their place, only the coach is above reproach.

Now McDaniels is trying to emulate it. And if he wins in the playoffs, he looks like a genius. If it doesn't, he will be gone in a year.

Dedhed
03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Totally agree. McDaniels should have been a big boy and told Cutler to a man that he was being shopped in trades...instead of letting it leak out.No coach in the league tells players they're being shopped unless they absolutely know the trade (or a trade) is going to go through.

FireFly
03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Favoritism toward veteran pro bowlers who don't need to be wasting their bodies on off-season training at this point in their careers. This was one area I was a little worried about and it's good to see McDaniels being smart about it.

I totally agree.

spdirty
03-14-2009, 08:12 PM
No coach in the league tells players they're being shopped unless they absolutely know the trade (or a trade) is going to go through.

Then what category would Scheffler be in?

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Then what category would Scheffler be in?

He probably has been told he is being shopped. Thus the cutthroat remark.

OBF1
03-14-2009, 08:22 PM
This is a smart move by McDaniels, I am also sure that during camp's 2 a days he will not be participating in both pratices either. Save the old guys for when it matters.

azbroncfan
03-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Maybe Casey signed something in his contract that allows him to skip the workouts?

Steve Prefontaine
03-15-2009, 07:21 AM

So you were worried about Wiegmann getting worn down from the offseason conditioning program? I always thought these programs are what helped players from wearing down during the year.

I completely agree that I hope McDaniels give the vets some rest during training camp and practices.

Steve Prefontaine
03-15-2009, 07:30 AM
All 16 regular season games? I'd take that.

But, in reality, one has nothing to do with the other. He may end up starting, but that doesn't mean he's 100% safe TODAY. If someone becomes available in the next few months that is a younger, better center than him, you can bet McDaniels will bring him in. After all, there appears to be a lot of tension regarding his contract situation......moreso and even more public than Cutler's. We have actual quotes to back this up......unlike in the Cutler case.

Well, unless you want to have an injury clause, I don't think Wiegmann starting all 16 games is in the spirit of the discussion. You are right though, even if he starts week one, that doesn't mean he was safe today. Good point.

I'm just tryng to say that I think there are certain players that are safe, regardless of how others are trying to spin the Cutler saga.

I believe Wiegmann is 100% safe unless Dan Koppen becomes available. Clady is safe unless Matt Light becomes availalbe. Royal is safe unless Welker becomes available.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Well, unless you want to have an injury clause, I don't think Wiegmann starting all 16 games is in the spirit of the discussion. You are right though, even if he starts week one, that doesn't mean he was safe today. Good point.

I'm just tryng to say that I think there are certain players that are safe, regardless of how others are trying to spin the Cutler saga.

I believe Wiegmann is 100% safe unless Dan Koppen becomes available. Clady is safe unless Matt Light becomes availalbe. Royal is safe unless Welker becomes available.

Agreed. Though, even if Matt Light becomes available, I'm positive that Clady would still be safe.

Then again, the way everything else has been handled lately, who knows if even that seemingly obvious choice would be made....

oubronco
03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I hate Mcdaniels