PDA

View Full Version : We should of hired Spagnuolo

Punisher
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I know for a fact he would of fixed the defense and kept Bates,and oh yea not turn our team into the Denver Patriots.Pat Bowen made a bad move,everyone in Denver and the United States knows that all we needed was a good Defense,not try to trade our Franchise quarterback for a one year wonder.If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in Bronco history!

SoCalBronco
03-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Pretty much any of the main candidates out there would have been an improvement over what we have now.

Inkana7
http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crying.baby.jpg
Whaa.

UberBroncoMan
Spag or Rex Ryan would have been nice. I feel confident that we would have been fine on offense with Bates calling the plays for his second year. With a healthy running game and another year to grow we would have fixed the Red Zone issue.

spdirty
03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in NFL history!

Fixed.

Hogan11
03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I know for a fact he would of fixed the defense and kept Bates,and oh yea not turn our team into the Denver Patriots.Pat Bowen made a bad move,everyone in Denver and the United States knows that all we needed was a good Defense,not try to trade our Franchise quarterback for a one year wonder.If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in Bronco history!

I wanted Spagnuolo and was not overly happy when McDaniels was selected, but there's no indication that Spagnuolo would've left well enough alone on offense. Afterall, he's already sent Holt and Pace packing in St. Louis and those guys were sacred cows there.

SureShot
03-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I wanted Spagnuolo and was not overly happy when McDaniels was selected, but there's no indication that Spagnuolo would've left well enough alone on offense. Afterall, he's already sent Holt and Pace packing in St. Louis and those guys were sacred cows there.

The only deference being that those two are past their prime and injury prone.

The MVPlaya
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it's not too early at all. And if McDaniels does a good, job, ya'll will be lickin his balls like bitches.

Idiots run the mane.

wandlc
03-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Spag or Rex Ryan would have been nice. I feel confident that we would have been fine on offense with Bates calling the plays for his second year. With a healthy running game and another year to grow we would have fixed the Red Zone issue.

A healthy RB would have fixed the "redzone" issue. Until Hillis got hurt the Broncos were 8th in the league in redzone efficiency. I am getting tired of people having a pet game stat or selective memory, that they push to make their point, instead of actually knowing what happened.

Hogan11
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
The only deference being that those two are past their prime and injury prone.

The point was that the whole "no one is untouchable" attitude would've came with him here as well.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM

Pace and Holt were getting old and i don't think Spag would send Marshall and Clady packing...

Wes Mantooth
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
At this point, I think Cutler was and is a timebomb. He was looking for an excuse to create this situation.

barryr
03-14-2009, 05:08 PM
At this point, I think Cutler was and is a timebomb. He was looking for an excuse to create this situation.

I agree with you. Reportedly Cutler wasn't happy with Shanahan and Bates being gone and I believe Cutler is looking for any reason to be mad at with the current coach and regime.

A coach stating he wants his QB to reduce turnovers hardly warrants a response of anger from the QB.

But they are actions of someone who lacks maturity however and upset he didn't get his way.

MechanicalBull
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
How does anyone know for a fact what 2 first time coaches will do?
Yes I wanted Spags over McDaniels but to say he would've done this and that is stupid.

Of course I wish things were handled differently between McDaniels and Cutler and think both are wrong in some aspects but if he makes the D respectable and brings this team to a 10-6/11-5 record with a possible playoff berth I think a lot of people on here will be singing a different tune.

BMarsh615
03-14-2009, 05:16 PM

100% agree. We wouldn't have to blow EVERYTHING up under Spags on defense. I think Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder, Carlton Powell, and Dumervil would have benefited greatly from Spags.

And Cutler wouldn't be crying because Jeremy Bates probably would still be our offensive coordinator.

Spags was my first choice after Shanahan got fired and McDaniels and Jason Garrett were the LAST 2 people I wanted to see Denver go after.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I agree with you. Reportedly Cutler wasn't happy with Shanahan and Bates being gone and I believe Cutler is looking for any reason to be mad at with the current coach and regime.

A coach stating he wants his QB to reduce turnovers hardly warrants a response of anger from the QB.

But they are actions of someone who lacks maturity however and upset he didn't get his way.

I still feel that a lot of this has to do with Bus Cook milking the situation for all it's worth.

barryr
03-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Not to mention defensive-minded head coaches are especially concerned with having a QB who commits turnovers and puts the defense in bad spots and most times, like to run more conservative type offenses. Would Cutler be happy with that?

GreatBronco16
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Pat Bowen made a bad move,everyone in Denver and the United States knows that all we needed was a good Defense,not try to trade our Franchise quarterback for a one year wonder.If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in Bronco history!

LOL

Punisher
03-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Not to mention defensive-minded head coaches are especially concerned with having a QB who commits turnovers and puts the defense in bad spots and most times, like to run more conservative type offenses. Would Cutler be happy with that?

Last Year our Defense put us in a bad spot by just showing up,Cutler had to drop 30 to win like 6 or 7 games.I say 8 of his 18 INT was trying to bring the team back.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I know for a fact he would of fixed the defense and kept Bates

no you don't.

barryr
03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Last Year our Defense put us in a bad spot by just showing up,Cutler had to drop 30 to win like 6 or 7 games.I say 8 of his 18 INT was trying to bring the team back.

You aren't going to get me to defend the crappy defense. But I find it amazing people actually believe because the Broncos were to have hired someone else that Cutler would be automatically happy and that somehow know that Bates would have been kept. Like anyone knows that and like I stated, defensive-minded head coaches tend not to be pass-happy and tend to value QB's more who do not rurn the ball over than ones that put up big numbers.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Good luck finding a quote from Cutler about this. You are taking a third party report with no quotes or even a hint of a substantiated report as gospel. Bad call right there.

Bronco Yoda
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crying.baby.jpg
Whaa.

ok, this looks so much like my oldest one at this age... it's a little creepy.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 05:29 PM
no you don't.

I'm a psychic trust me i know.

broncofan7
03-14-2009, 05:35 PM

Holt wanted out even last year and I'm not sure that Pace was too keen on staying in STL either..
BTW --we almost like the same teams---HUGE Flyers fan here too--But I like the Orioles in Baseball

barryr
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Good luck finding a quote from Cutler about this. You are taking a third party report with no quotes or even a hint of a substantiated report as gospel. Bad call right there.

And this has stopped the McDaniels hating that's going on when the same could be said about him?

baja
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM

This has nothing to do with immaturity and everything to do with forcing a new deal or trade w/ new deal

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2009, 06:26 PM
You know for a fact? hmmmm. Just like Brian Billick fixed the O in Baltimore, and Tony Dungy built a defense as good as Tampa's up in Indy? Oh and speaking of Tampa, how Gruden fixed the O there too? Sorry, there is no guarantee that bringing in someone from one side of the ball will fix that side ahead of any changes made elsewhere. We were the #16 ranked scoring offense who did poorly in the red zone (a trait of our team for the last several years).

BTW... Should HAVE, Would HAVE.
/pet peeve (couldn't help myself, it's the internets and it doesn't matter, but felt like pointing it out, I'm sure there some grammar mistakes in my post anyways)

Drek
03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I like how its a FACT that Spags wouldn't have done anything like this, yet he's already making sweeping changes on the offensive side of the ball and recently sent a letter to every Rams player (except Holt and Pace, the big tip that they were getting cut last week) detailing how he expected them to take accountability and responsibility for their actions on and off the field, to show up and give unquestioned 110% effort on every play, and play mistake free football.

You know, all the stuff McDaniels is trying to hold the Broncos to that Jay is supposedly throwing a fit about.

Oh, and if Spags got offers to move Cutler for some extra defensive pieces, his ass would've been out the door sans-replacement QB. They're already looking to get rid of Bulger, evidenced by their publicly talking with Josh Freeman.

Its how an effective regime change works in the NFL. Its what Parcells has always done. Its what Belichick has always done. Its what Andy Reid did in Philly, and to some degree its even what Tomlin did in Pittsburgh even though he took over a recent SB winner. Its what Harbaugh did in Baltimore last year, as well as what Dimitroff and Smith did in Atlanta. Its also what Shanahan did when he took over the Broncos. You come in, you flip everything on its ear and you chase all the rats out the damn door. Then you rebuild as fast as you can with the guys who fit your system.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
You know for a fact? hmmmm. Just like Brian Billick fixed the O in Baltimore, and Tony Dungy built a defense as good as Tampa's up in Indy? Oh and speaking of Tampa, how Gruden fixed the O there too? Sorry, there is no guarantee that bringing in someone from one side of the ball will fix that side ahead of any changes made elsewhere. We were the #16 ranked scoring offense who did poorly in the red zone (a trait of our team for the last several years).

BTW... Should HAVE, Would HAVE.
/pet peeve (couldn't help myself, it's the internets and it doesn't matter, but felt like pointing it out, I'm sure there some grammar mistakes in my post anyways)

LMAO!

lostknight
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I like how its a FACT that Spags wouldn't have done anything like this, yet he's already making sweeping changes on the offensive side of the ball and recently sent a letter to every Rams player (except Holt and Pace, the big tip that they were getting cut last week) detailing how he expected them to take accountability and responsibility for their actions on and off the field, to show up and give unquestioned 110% effort on every play, and play mistake free footba

That's fine. But let's be honest about something. McDaniels is scrapping a offense that was the second best in the NFL. That offense outperformed his so called miracle team. The best case scenario is that we preform as well as the Patriots did last season on the O side. The worst case is that we play significantly worse.

So what exactly is it that McDaniels sees as a huge failure to deserve him ripping apart Mike Shanahan's offense? (Answer nothing: this is nothing less then a power play between McDaniels and Cutler).

Punisher
09-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Irony how the guy we should of hired still has a job and the guy that ruined our team works for him now lol

RhymesayersDU
09-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Hah @ the top. Solid.

broncosteven
09-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Irony how the guy we should of hired still has a job and the guy that ruined our team works for him now lol

And both suck.

TheDave
09-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Anyone would have been better... Oh well, too late now.

broncosteven
09-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Anyone would have been better... Oh well, too late now.

I think Canton High is happy to have Ben mCd and Wink back coaching.

Aftermath
09-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I want Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Scheffler back!

DivineBronco
09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
its amazing you still show your face here...http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91129

please don't ever forget who this guy is

Dagmar
09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I think we can safely say that Punisher is a worse poster than Bob, MacGruder and jhns combined.

Baba Booey
09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
*Should have

Punisher
09-19-2011, 08:43 PM
I think we can safely say that Punisher is a worse poster than Bob, MacGruder and jhns combined.

lol Kool

Punisher
09-19-2011, 08:46 PM
its amazing you still show your face here...http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91129

please don't ever forget who this guy is

Ive decided that i won't support the Broncos no more until McD is gone

lol Can you read?

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM
What if Orton and McDaniels were the perfect redzone fail storm? Rams can't do **** in the redzone either.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I think we should have hired Perry Fewell this time around.

vancejohnson82
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
this offense looks eerily familar

DHallblows
09-19-2011, 09:03 PM

Well there is that steeldude guy or whatever. But yes, you're basically right

LongDongJohnson
09-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Couldnt punch it in on first and goal from the one. Typical mcdaniels offense. Bradford looked like a stud on that drive.

maven
09-19-2011, 09:23 PM
nice bump! I've got one saved for when the season ends.

Agamemnon
09-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I think we should have hired Perry Fewell this time around.

Yep. I'm not digging the way this new Broncos team looks at all. Boring and sloppy. And honestly, any coach that starts Orton in a rebuilding year on a lameduck contract just needs to be kicked in the balls.

mkporter
09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
I want Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Scheffler back!

Meh, no, sure, meh.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I thought about Spags being in denver, but then I remember him hiring Josh Mcdaniels. http://bermudaisanotherworld.org/forum/Smileys/default/facepalm.gif

maybe we dodged a bullet.

;D

Kaylore
09-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I thought about Spags being in denver, but then I remember him hiring Josh Mcdaniels.

maybe we dodged a bullet.

;D

You know what? The Rams are the worst franchise in football.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 09:38 AM
You know what? The Rams are the worst franchise in football.

I see your Rams and raise you with the Kc Chiefs

Ha!

Kaylore
09-20-2011, 09:41 AM
I see your Rams and raise you with the Kc Chiefs

Ha!

The Chiefs are pretty bad but go back and look at how the Rams have handled everything the past tens years. It's an utter nightmare. Look at Warner leaving and then taking Arizona to a superbowl. Look at the wasted picks on defensive linemen every freaking year. You think we've been bad, just look at a Rams draft class and you'll feel awesome. Look at who they've signed and who they've tried to keep. They are far and away the worst franchise in football right now.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 09:43 AM
The Chiefs are pretty bad but go back and look at how the Rams have handled everything the past tens years. It's an utter nightmare. Look at Warner leaving and then taking Arizona to a superbowl. Look at the wasted picks on defensive linemen every freaking year. You think we've been bad, just look at a Rams draft class and you'll feel awesome. Look at who they've signed and who they've tried to keep. They are far and away the worst franchise in football right now.

you're probably right....other than the Dick V years, the Rams have been putrid for a very long time.

bendog
09-20-2011, 10:11 AM
They won't start Tim (tearing up)

Drek
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM

If your standard of bad franchises is based on their whole history how could you possibly nominate any team other than the Bengals?

They don't even have a scouting department. Marvin Lewis is about to become their all time winning-est head coach. He doesn't have a winning record. Carson Palmer, the best player they've had in years, chose retirement over another season with them.

TheReverend
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM

If your standard of bad franchises is based on their whole history how could you possibly nominate any team other than the Bengals?

They don't even have a scouting department. Marvin Lewis is about to become their all time winning-est head coach. He doesn't have a winning record. Carson Palmer, the best player they've had in years, chose retirement over another season with them.

???