PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cutler Will Attend Team Meeting On Monday

Slade
03-14-2009, 08:35 AM
REPORT: CUTLER WILL ATTEND TEAM MEETING ON MONDAY
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 9:59 a.m.
A week after Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels reportedly experienced a deterioration of their relationship during a conference call, Cutler is expected to attend a team meeting at the outset of the team’s offseason program.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, a source close to Cutler (the name of the source possibly rhymes with “Pus Book”) said that Cutler “most likely will attend” the first team meeting of McDaniels’ tenure.

Though Klis reports that all players have been told to show for the meeting, it’s unclear whether this is among the few “mandatory” offseason activities. Typically, the mandatory events come much later in the offseason, and involve on-field practice sessions in helmets and underwear.

In March, the focus is strength and conditioning.

So if the session isn’t mandatory, Cutler isn’t required to be there.

Meanwhile, Klis addresses Friday’s news that Cutler has placed his Denver-area house on the market. And, frankly, we disagree with Klis’s assessment that the development is meaningless. Even if Cutler has been planning to sell the thing from the day he bought it, the fact that it went on the market in the wake of Monday’s call with McDaniels tells us that Cutler was, at a minimum, trying to rouse some rabble.

The only other explanation is that Cutler was completely clueless as to the potential impact that the move would have.

One thing we’re all seeming to forget here is that Cutler’s agent — the guy whose name rhymes with “Pus Book” — was in the eye of last year’s Brett Favre fiasco. So it’s only fair to assume that he has had a hand in every move Cutler is making, and we’re also prepared also to assume that the guy whose name rhymes with “Pus Book” came up with the idea to do one of the few things in Cutler’s power to send a message to the masses (and 31 other NFL teams) regarding his desire to get out of town.

It’s the kind of “let’s f–k with ‘em” thing that folks who are squabbling with each other tend to do, and at this point it would be a surprise to us if more ugliness doesn’t emerge from the McDaniels-Cutler relationship.

Slade
03-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I hate Bus Cook now. He is a scam artist!

Dagmar
03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
http://accel10.mettre-put-idata.over-blog.com/0/38/65/34/naruto/shikamaru-zzzzz.png

Broncos_OTM
03-14-2009, 08:45 AM
What the **** is bus cooke doing.

DenverBrit
03-14-2009, 09:45 AM
What the **** is bus cooke doing.

He's trying to trigger a trade, a big contract and a FAT commission.

He's an agent, very easy to figure out. Ha!

mr007
03-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Hopefully Jay shows up and everything works out. Here's to optimism instead of the great amount of negativity floating around.

Cool Breeze
03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
involve on-field practice sessions in helmets and underwear

WHAT THE HELL??? This isn't San Francisco!

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2009, 12:02 PM
What a misleading headline by both the OP and Florio. No where did Klis say Cutler will attend, but that Jay, "most likely will attend".

That's a big difference, but it is Florio, so what more should anyone expect? Thank God we got a new Cutler thread made about someone else's misleading take on Klis' article from this morning though.

Mogulseeker
03-14-2009, 12:05 PM
No matter ... this much is to be expected, anyway.

Anaximines
03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
involve on-field practice sessions in helmets and underwear

lol, yeah, wtf was that about? seriously, this must be examined.

ZONA
03-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Jay is playing the total puppet right now. Bus Cook is Dick Cheney and Cutler is Bush. I'm disgusted in how Jay could let this demon of an agent control him as so.

If I'm McD and Bowlen, when draft time rolls around, I'm certainly avoiding players represented by this disease.

Popps
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Jay is playing the total puppet right now. Bus Cook is Dick Cheney and Cutler is Bush. I'm disgusted in how Jay could let this demon of an agent control him as so.

If I'm McD and Bowlen, when draft time rolls around, I'm certainly avoiding players represented by this disease.

Please stop.

Dudeskey
03-14-2009, 01:22 PM
If anybody needs a throat punch, its Bus Cook...™

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2009, 03:08 PM

It's going to be a long time till we have/if we have a president who isn't a puppet... what does that have to do with football.

Bus Cook is just doing what's best for him. He rich as hell already, but it's an addiction... he needs MORE... MOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!

So he's going to do what's in the best interest of him so long as he puts Jay in a position to get good ol' Cookie a third big fat contract in the future.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2009, 03:10 PM
lol, yeah, wtf was that about? seriously, this must be examined.

Brandon Marshall does those practices in Pajama pants, hence the "underwear" reference.

Taco John
03-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Florio says jump, and people around here say "How high?"

watermock
03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
It's funny blaming Bus Cook for this fiasco.

This was created by Bowlen, then Mcdummy. (exit Bates)

This gave Cook the OPPORTUNITY to move one of his prized clients, and with it, a new contract, and probably a third.

I fully expect a trade on draft day, probably one to the Broncos detriment.

I also expect Sheff and Marshall and Hillis to be moved.

That's what happens when you bring in a young napoleon with his own agenda on OFFENSE.

McDummy will win this battle and lose the war, and all the morons that were calling for Shanny's head will be left with a steaming bag of horsesh!t.

LonghornBronco
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
This is great, isn't it Wolf?

SoCalBronco
03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
McDummy will win this battle and lose the war, and all the morons that were calling for Shanny's head will be left with a steaming bag of horsesh!t.

I hope this doesn't happen, but there's a very good chance that it will. It is clear that Bowlen, whether because of the influence of alcohol, the charm of McDaniels or the anger at not having his calls returned (or some combination of the three), has firmly placed his lot with McDaniels, so it ensures that McDaniels will win the battle if it comes to that........and, in time, will lose the war, as you have said.

barryr
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Sorry, but no matter what happens, I won't be clamoring for Shanahan. He needed to go and that's that for me.

lazarus4444
03-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Looks like the Broncos are evolving past Shanahan. Shanny's head was being called for because he wasn't performing and he made bad decisions. We NEED a napolean in the organization because shanahan had let things go stale and never cleaned out the fridge. Sure if you LIKED being last in special teams and defense then shanny was great.

BroncoMan4ever
03-14-2009, 06:35 PM
i hate Rosenhaus, but i think i would prefer Jay being managed by him over Cook

arghemtee
03-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I think this meeting will be the turning point. Cutler and McDaniels are at a fork in the road. They can split and go their own ways, or they can go down the same path and hopefully put up an even better offense than last year.

Every player will be in this meeting, reporters will get to talk to these players and the only question will be how Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels acted within the meeting.

Northman
03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I think this meeting will be the turning point. .

Somehow i think your right. If Jay doesnt show up i dont see it ending well.

Dagmar
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I hope this doesn't happen, but there's a very good chance that it will. It is clear that Bowlen, whether because of the influence of alcohol, the charm of McDaniels or the anger at not having his calls returned (or some combination of the three), has firmly placed his lot with McDaniels, so it ensures that McDaniels will win the battle if it comes to that........and, in time, will lose the war, as you have said.

That part is a joke right? Surely? If not you have gone off the deep end buddy.

Killericon
03-14-2009, 08:43 PM
That part is a joke right? Surely? If not you have gone off the deep end buddy.

Oh no. SoCal very seriously thinks Bowlen is drunk, all the time. It's ****ing hilarious.

Dean
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
You mean hes not????

scttgrd
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
You mean hes not????

Wouldn't you be?

Sassy
03-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Krieger: Spat headed for bad ending
By Dave Krieger
Denver Post Columnist
Posted: 03/14/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Related
Mar 14:
The feuds, the proud, the big scenesCutler makes a moveMar 13:
Cutler's house up for saleMar 12:
Drama of McJaygate sounds familiarPaige: Jay-C — dear, or departed? Love himKiszla: Jay-C — dear, or departed? Leave himDespite public assurances to the contrary from Dove Valley, it's looking more and more likely that the Broncos' melodrama with their starting quarterback will end badly.

Even if Cutler shows up for the offseason conditioning program Monday, it may be too little too late. Short of a complete Cutler mea culpa, which seems unlikely, this thing may have reached the point of no return.

Putting one of his area homes on the market may or may not even be relevant. I'm told his parents had been staying there while Cutler, when in town, spent most of his time at another place of his in LoDo.

More significant is Cutler's loss of his closest ally at Broncos headquarters. When he failed to return owner Pat Bowlen's phone calls in the midst of his standoff with new coach Josh McDaniels, I'm told Bowlen was apoplectic.

If McDaniels' refusal to come clean about shopping Cutler in trade talks was the eye-opener for the quarterback, Cutler's failure to return his phone calls may have done the trick for Bowlen.

Hardly noticed amid all the hubbub was that McDaniels signed free agent Chris Simms to a two-year, $6 million contract that could go considerably higher based on incentive clauses that will reward him for significant playing time.

Even without the incentives, that's a lot of money to pay someone to hold a clipboard, especially on a team with so many holes to fill and limited money with which to fill them.

You have to wonder why Simms, who bolted Tampa over the lack of opportunity to compete for the starting job, would sign so quickly with a team that gave him no chance to start, which would have been the presumption in Denver up until two weeks ago.

So I have to admit that my earlier assumption may have been dead wrong. I thought even a young coach as apparently sure of himself as McDaniels wouldn't be counting on Simms to start after throwing two NFL passes since 2006.

But assuming Sage Rosenfels wins the starting job in Minnesota, the only quarterbacks I know of making more than Simms to play backup are Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Alex Smith, all of whom signed contracts anticipating they would be starters.

Young and Leinart, Cutler's 2006 draft classmates, have since been supplanted by aging veterans who were supposed to be backups — Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner. It wouldn't make sense for McDaniels to knock down Cutler's trade value by following suit, but it does suggest that trading Cutler remains a real possibility.

The power of the Broncos to shape the thinking of their fans remains as strong as ever. Cutler had very few critics in these parts when Broncos management stood behind him. Now, less than three months after his main sponsor was fired, his critics are everywhere. Talk-show hosts who have never met him feel free to call him a baby on the air with no response from the Broncos. That kind of fissure is hard to repair.

It must have been quite a surprise for Cutler to learn he was just another employee, like you or me, and should act like one. Over the past three years, whenever he didn't comb his hair or wear a tie, someone was quick to point out he held the most high-profile job in Colorado, more prominent than even the governor's.

So which is it? Does he have a job that requires a commitment above and beyond the call, or is he just another working stiff?

True story: Last year, the Rev. Leon Kelly told kids in his Open Door Youth Gang Alternatives program he would have to cancel the summer session for lack of money. Cutler heard about it, wrote a check and the session was restored.

At Christmas, Kelly wanted to do something a little extra for the kids he's trying to keep out of gangs — a party with food and favors. Cutler wrote another check, then showed up to sign autographs. His parents helped set up the tree.

Never said a word or put out a press release either time. In fact, he let teammate Brandon Marshall get the attention for helping Open Door — Marshall gave most of his days off to the program last year — rather than draw attention to himself.

In the wake of the gang-related murder of former Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, Kelly's was a cause close to the Broncos' hearts. This is what Cutler thought commitment meant. He thought the feeling was mutual. When McDaniels took over, he learned it wasn't. Grow up, he's told now. It's a business. Don't be a baby.

So now he knows. And if he's going, he's ready.

arghemtee
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
It will be a sad day when Cutler is not the Broncos QB.

Archer81
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Be a great day when this **** ends.

:Broncos:

SureShot
03-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Krieger: Spat headed for bad ending
By Dave Krieger
Denver Post Columnist
Posted: 03/14/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Related
Mar 14:
The feuds, the proud, the big scenesCutler makes a moveMar 13:
Cutler's house up for saleMar 12:
Drama of McJaygate sounds familiarPaige: Jay-C — dear, or departed? Love himKiszla: Jay-C — dear, or departed? Leave himDespite public assurances to the contrary from Dove Valley, it's looking more and more likely that the Broncos' melodrama with their starting quarterback will end badly.

Even if Cutler shows up for the offseason conditioning program Monday, it may be too little too late. Short of a complete Cutler mea culpa, which seems unlikely, this thing may have reached the point of no return.

Putting one of his area homes on the market may or may not even be relevant. I'm told his parents had been staying there while Cutler, when in town, spent most of his time at another place of his in LoDo.

More significant is Cutler's loss of his closest ally at Broncos headquarters. When he failed to return owner Pat Bowlen's phone calls in the midst of his standoff with new coach Josh McDaniels, I'm told Bowlen was apoplectic.

If McDaniels' refusal to come clean about shopping Cutler in trade talks was the eye-opener for the quarterback, Cutler's failure to return his phone calls may have done the trick for Bowlen.

Hardly noticed amid all the hubbub was that McDaniels signed free agent Chris Simms to a two-year, $6 million contract that could go considerably higher based on incentive clauses that will reward him for significant playing time.

Even without the incentives, that's a lot of money to pay someone to hold a clipboard, especially on a team with so many holes to fill and limited money with which to fill them.

You have to wonder why Simms, who bolted Tampa over the lack of opportunity to compete for the starting job, would sign so quickly with a team that gave him no chance to start, which would have been the presumption in Denver up until two weeks ago.

So I have to admit that my earlier assumption may have been dead wrong. I thought even a young coach as apparently sure of himself as McDaniels wouldn't be counting on Simms to start after throwing two NFL passes since 2006.

But assuming Sage Rosenfels wins the starting job in Minnesota, the only quarterbacks I know of making more than Simms to play backup are Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Alex Smith, all of whom signed contracts anticipating they would be starters.

Young and Leinart, Cutler's 2006 draft classmates, have since been supplanted by aging veterans who were supposed to be backups — Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner. It wouldn't make sense for McDaniels to knock down Cutler's trade value by following suit, but it does suggest that trading Cutler remains a real possibility.

The power of the Broncos to shape the thinking of their fans remains as strong as ever. Cutler had very few critics in these parts when Broncos management stood behind him. Now, less than three months after his main sponsor was fired, his critics are everywhere. Talk-show hosts who have never met him feel free to call him a baby on the air with no response from the Broncos. That kind of fissure is hard to repair.

It must have been quite a surprise for Cutler to learn he was just another employee, like you or me, and should act like one. Over the past three years, whenever he didn't comb his hair or wear a tie, someone was quick to point out he held the most high-profile job in Colorado, more prominent than even the governor's.

So which is it? Does he have a job that requires a commitment above and beyond the call, or is he just another working stiff?

True story: Last year, the Rev. Leon Kelly told kids in his Open Door Youth Gang Alternatives program he would have to cancel the summer session for lack of money. Cutler heard about it, wrote a check and the session was restored.

At Christmas, Kelly wanted to do something a little extra for the kids he's trying to keep out of gangs — a party with food and favors. Cutler wrote another check, then showed up to sign autographs. His parents helped set up the tree.

Never said a word or put out a press release either time. In fact, he let teammate Brandon Marshall get the attention for helping Open Door — Marshall gave most of his days off to the program last year — rather than draw attention to himself.

In the wake of the gang-related murder of former Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, Kelly's was a cause close to the Broncos' hearts. This is what Cutler thought commitment meant. He thought the feeling was mutual. When McDaniels took over, he learned it wasn't. Grow up, he's told now. It's a business. Don't be a baby.

So now he knows. And if he's going, he's ready.

I think you are supposed to start a new thread for this stuff.

Killericon
03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I think you are supposed to start a new thread for this stuff.

Don't make me slap you.

SureShot
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Don't make me slap you.

After I'm done with Apa I'm coming for you.

Punisher
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM
After I'm done with Apa I'm coming for you.

And then after I'm done with SureShot I'm coming after your sister's a$$hole

Archer81
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Uhh...

SureShot
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Punisher the destroyer of threads.Hilarious!

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
CBS4 just said, Cutler talked to the Broncos today. Reggie said, that meeting also didn't go well so we'll see if he shows monday.

Archer81
03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Starting to think CBS4 needs to shut its farking mowth.

bronco militia
03-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Starting to think CBS4 needs to shut its farking mowth.

http://www.taluskie.com/officerBarbrady.gif

Mogulseeker
03-14-2009, 11:18 PM
http://www.taluskie.com/officerBarbrady.gif

*then Officer Barbrady turns around*

Holy sh*t, people look at this car crash

SoCalBronco
03-14-2009, 11:35 PM
CBS4 just said, Cutler talked to the Broncos today. Reggie said, that meeting also didn't go well so we'll see if he shows monday.

Mar 14, 2009 10:30 pm US/Mountain
Cutler, McDaniels Meet; But It's Not Good
Text 4broncos to 66247 sign up for CBS4 Broncos text alerts More InfoDENVER (CBS4) ―
Click to enlarge
Broncos Quarterback Jay Cutler
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images

1 of 3
Click to enlarge
CBS

2 of 3
Click to enlarge
CBS4

3 of 3
Close

numSlides of totalImages Related Slideshows Broncos Offseason Acquisitions Related StoriesCutler-McDaniels Finally Speak, Issues Remain (3/11/2009)
Broncos Not Trading Jay Cutler (3/3/2009)
Broncos: Simms Officially Signed To Backup Cutler (3/5/2009)
Related LinksMore Broncos Stories
DenverBroncos.com
It appears the feud continues.

CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler met face-to-face with head coach Josh McDaniels on Saturday morning. But the outcome was not good. We are told that much like last Monday's conference call between Cutler and the Broncos brass, Saturday's discussion did not go well. Cutler and the Broncos remain at odds.

The quarterback was scheduled to attend a "roast" for long-time Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos on Saturday night. But as guests began to arrive, we learned Cutler would not be coming. A Broncos spokesperson told media members who were gathered at the event that Cutler decided not to attend because he did not want the attention on him to overshadow the evening's festivities.

Sources tell CBS4 Sports that Cutler made his decision not to attend the event after the meeting with the Broncos went sour.

Now we await the next chapter in this soap opera. Monday morning, McDaniels will hold his first team meeting at Dove Valley. But will Cutler be there? A few days ago we were told Cutler was likely to report on Monday because he did not want to let down his teammates.

Now we're left to wonder if Saturday morning's meeting will make Cutler a Monday morning no-show.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

arghemtee
03-14-2009, 11:36 PM

!!!KCUF
!!!KCUF
!!!KCUF
!!!KCUF
!!!KCUF
!!!KCUF
!!!KCUF

arghemtee
03-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Josh McDaniels sounds like a jackass. He couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Mar 14, 2009 10:30 pm US/Mountain
Cutler, McDaniels Meet; But It's Not Good
Text 4broncos to 66247 sign up for CBS4 Broncos text alerts More InfoDENVER (CBS4) ―
Click to enlarge
Broncos Quarterback Jay Cutler
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images

1 of 3
Click to enlarge
CBS

2 of 3
Click to enlarge
CBS4

3 of 3
Close

numSlides of totalImages Related Slideshows Broncos Offseason Acquisitions Related StoriesCutler-McDaniels Finally Speak, Issues Remain (3/11/2009)
Broncos Not Trading Jay Cutler (3/3/2009)
Broncos: Simms Officially Signed To Backup Cutler (3/5/2009)
Related LinksMore Broncos Stories
DenverBroncos.com
It appears the feud continues.

CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler met face-to-face with head coach Josh McDaniels on Saturday morning. But the outcome was not good. We are told that much like last Monday's conference call between Cutler and the Broncos brass, Saturday's discussion did not go well. Cutler and the Broncos remain at odds.

The quarterback was scheduled to attend a "roast" for long-time Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos on Saturday night. But as guests began to arrive, we learned Cutler would not be coming. A Broncos spokesperson told media members who were gathered at the event that Cutler decided not to attend because he did not want the attention on him to overshadow the evening's festivities.

Sources tell CBS4 Sports that Cutler made his decision not to attend the event after the meeting with the Broncos went sour.

Now we await the next chapter in this soap opera. Monday morning, McDaniels will hold his first team meeting at Dove Valley. But will Cutler be there? A few days ago we were told Cutler was likely to report on Monday because he did not want to let down his teammates.

Now we're left to wonder if Saturday morning's meeting will make Cutler a Monday morning no-show.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

TY

Archer81
03-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Lets overreact, because this matters so much to how our own personal lives go...

SureShot
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Lets overreact, because this matters so much to how our own personal lives go...

LOL

arghemtee
03-14-2009, 11:59 PM

but it does effect our lives.

We are Broncos fans. When the Broncos fans win or lose, we show emotion. We get angry, disappointed, depressed, happy, and excited.

I havent met a fan that takes a loss and says "Who cares, this doesn't effect me at all"

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Josh McDaniels sounds like a jackass. He couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

Um, wrong. McDaniels is rightly laying down the ****ing law. Cutler is the jackass for thinking he's above the team.

Miss I.
03-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Does this at all sound like high school to anyone else? "Well, Jay said he was uphappy, according to Booby Reporter, who heard that Mickey D really wanted to hang out with Matty because he was so much dreamier or well you know had won some more games in his one entire season as a starting QB. (and Booby would go onto report that both men were suffering from what is affectionately referred to as PMS, Postively Moronic Shortsightedness) But then you know it turns out that McDreamy said, no he really dug Jay and wanted him to be his QB of his dreams, throwing touch downs into his end zones with assists from Tight Ends and Wide Receivers, but he felt to continue in this relationship Jay baby had to man up and understand that at any time if McDreamy wanted to, he could go nail down a different QB, that any player, no matter how fetching they look in their oversized bag suits or fine their butts look in the Bronco Jersey, could be replaced by a 39 year old former grocery store clerk."

elsid13
03-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Does this at all sound like high school to anyone else? "Well, Jay said he was uphappy, according to Booby Reporter, who heard that Mickey D really wanted to hang out with Matty because he was so much dreamier or well you know had won some more games in his one entire season as a starting QB. (and Booby would go onto report that both men were suffering from what is affectionately referred to as PMS, Postively Moronic Shortsightedness) But then you know it turns out that McDreamy said, no he really dug Jay and wanted him to be his QB of his dreams, throwing touch downs into his end zones with assists from Tight Ends and Wide Receivers, but he felt to continue in this relationship Jay baby had to man up and understand that at any time if McDreamy wanted to, he could go nail down a different QB, that any player, no matter how fetching they look in their oversized bag suits or fine their butts look in the Bronco Jersey, could be replaced by a 39 year old former grocery store clerk."

No we're the ****ing 70s Yankees. A star (Cutler = Reggie Jackson) that can not get a long with the manager (McKidd = Martin) and owner that out of his mind.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-15-2009, 07:28 AM
It's funny blaming Bus Cook for this fiasco.

This was created by Bowlen, then Mcdummy. (exit Bates)

This gave Cook the OPPORTUNITY to move one of his prized clients, and with it, a new contract, and probably a third.

I fully expect a trade on draft day, probably one to the Broncos detriment.

I also expect Sheff and Marshall and Hillis to be moved.

That's what happens when you bring in a young napoleon with his own agenda on OFFENSE.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD.

Killericon
03-15-2009, 07:29 AM
No we're the ****ing 70s Yankees. A star (Cutler = Reggie Jackson) that can not get a long with the manager (McKidd = Martin) and owner that out of his mind.

How is our owner out of his mind? I disagree with him firing Shanahan, but I really don't see what he's done wrong here.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 07:51 AM
How is our owner out of his mind? I disagree with him firing Shanahan, but I really don't see what he's done wrong here.

Let see

According RMN Spag wasn't hired because he wanted to change the offense and run something similar to NYG style. Then he hired McKid who comes in a changes the offense and allows most of the offense coaching staff to go.

Goodmans - I happy with the Front Office we have now- fired - no person hired to head of college scouting

Bowlen want a separation of duties - McKidd seem to be running both side of the operations.

Culter is the man now, allows McKidd to explore the trade.

orinjkrush
03-15-2009, 09:12 AM
bet there is some contractual language making Jay C's attendance at a mandatory team meeting.....financially encumbering.

what a total clusterfuque

DenverBrit
03-15-2009, 10:36 AM

LOL
Oh great, you've 'gheyed' it up enough to keep Boob's interest. Ha!

oubronco
03-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I hate Mcdaniels

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
QB Cutler doubtful for Broncos' meeting

Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler finally met face-to-face with Josh McDaniels over the weekend, but nothing was resolved, leading to doubt that the quarterback will show up for the new coach's first team meeting Monday.

Team spokesman Patrick Smyth told The Associated Press on Sunday that the coach and quarterback involved in a simmering feud over trade talks met Saturday at the team's training facility and both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations.

Denver station KCNC-TV reported that the meeting didn't go well, and The Denver Post reported that words were exchanged between Cutler and McDaniels.

The Broncos insist they're not going to trade Cutler.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

telluride
03-15-2009, 11:32 AM
This is getting tiresome.

WolfpackGuy
03-15-2009, 11:35 AM
What exactly does "did not go well" mean?

hambone13
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
QB Cutler doubtful for Broncos' meeting

Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler finally met face-to-face with Josh McDaniels over the weekend, but nothing was resolved, leading to doubt that the quarterback will show up for the new coach's first team meeting Monday.

Team spokesman Patrick Smyth told The Associated Press on Sunday that the coach and quarterback involved in a simmering feud over trade talks met Saturday at the team's training facility and both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations.

Denver station KCNC-TV reported that the meeting didn't go well, and The Denver Post reported that words were exchanged between Cutler and McDaniels.

The Broncos insist they're not going to trade Cutler.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

"The FO incestuously insists that it will not trade Culter unless it sees fit at a later date in the best interest of the team:

i.e.

-As long has he can stop throwing interceptions and forcing the ball, while trying to win games by outscoring their opponents w/o a running game, competent special teams play or a defense that couldn't stop the Detroit Lions of '08 or the Miami Dolphins of '07, if their mothers lives depended on it.

-You can't make the pro-bowl for the last 3 years of your contract because it might cost us if you appear valuable.

-Oh and get a hair cut. You look ridiculous. (I can almost live with this stimpuation.)

Sassy
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations
How does this sound bad ???

BroncoInferno
03-15-2009, 11:39 AM
What exactly does "did not go well" mean?

Probably that the brass refused to worship Jay as a god so he's still pissed.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 11:43 AM
both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations
How does this sound bad ???

Translation ~ We are going to allow your agent to go out and seek trades and if they work we will deal you.

maher_tyler
03-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Probably that the brass refused to worship Jay as a god so he's still pissed.

Sad...but prolly true!!

Maybe we trade him and BM for their 1st/1st next year/2nd and Calvin Johnson...