PDA

View Full Version : Big Lions Trade Coming?

Slade
03-14-2009, 08:30 AM
BIG LIONS TRADE COMING?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 10:21 a.m.
We always try to be careful when sharing rumors and not hard news.

This story is a rumor, not hard news. And the fact that it’s a rumor means that it might never come to fruition. But the fact that it’s a rumor currently making the rounds in NFL circles is 100 percent true.

Per a league source, there’s talk that the Detroit Lions are working on a significant trade. It’s not a done deal, and it might never be.

But it could become a done deal as soon as Monday.

The terms are not yet known, and the reality is that this story will prompt sports editors throughout the land to disrupt the Saturdays of their news gatherers with an assignment to find out what precisely might be going down.

And some of the news gatherers who prefer not to work on Saturdays will piss and moan about the fact that our rumor is now cutting into time that they’d otherwise be spending scrubbing the dog’s ass at their spouse’s request.

So to all such news gatherers we say, “You’re welcome.”'

Oh no! Might this be for Jay and their #1. Hopefully we get something else...like we swap first round picks, They get Jay. We get there 2nd this year and first next year.

Slade
03-14-2009, 08:33 AM
We could then get Curry. Let McD develop Simms, get DT in the 2nd. Then get a QB later for depth. If Simms doesn't show signs this year, we can get a QB first next year. And the 1st next year would be high too most likely.

Broncoman13
03-14-2009, 08:37 AM
BIG LIONS TRADE COMING?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 10:21 a.m.
We always try to be careful when sharing rumors and not hard news.

This story is a rumor, not hard news. And the fact that it’s a rumor means that it might never come to fruition. But the fact that it’s a rumor currently making the rounds in NFL circles is 100 percent true.

Per a league source, there’s talk that the Detroit Lions are working on a significant trade. It’s not a done deal, and it might never be.

But it could become a done deal as soon as Monday.

The terms are not yet known, and the reality is that this story will prompt sports editors throughout the land to disrupt the Saturdays of their news gatherers with an assignment to find out what precisely might be going down.

And some of the news gatherers who prefer not to work on Saturdays will piss and moan about the fact that our rumor is now cutting into time that they’d otherwise be spending scrubbing the dog’s ass at their spouse’s request.

So to all such news gatherers we say, “You’re welcome.”'

Oh no! Might this be for Jay and their #1. Hopefully we get something else...like we swap first round picks, They get Jay. We get there 2nd this year and first next year.

Assuming you are talking about the #1 overall with them getting the #12 and we get their 2nd this year and a future 1... I'd do it!

I don't want to draft in that #1 spot. We don't need an OT, an OLB at #1 is nutz, and Stafford/Sanchez are not the answer.

But, #1, #33, and #48 (or so) and a #1 next year lines up pretty nice, IMO.

The key for me is the future pick. I am high on both McCoy and Bradford in next year's draft. Both are extremely accurate passers and both are not one year wonders. Very successful with sustained results, a lot better off than what you see in this draft. The only guy I'd think about this year is Sanchez and he still scares me b/c of the small amount of starts.

McD and the Broncos have screwed the pooch on Jay Cutler... better get something good for him and move forward. They can't afford to let this hang over their heads. McD is doing the right thing at this point, but he created this mess.

i4jelway7
03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
courtesy of Mike Florio and profootballtalk

As it turns out, the Seahawks could be trading the back end of one big-money contract for another.
Amid rumors that the Detroit <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_1_0">Lionshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif</nobr> (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) are involved in significant trade talks, a league source tells us that the subject of the discussions is defensive tackle Cory Redding, and that the team to which he might be traded is the Seahawks.
Redding signed a seven-year, $49 million contract (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2938519) two years ago, while under the franchise player designation in Detroit. Per NFLPA records, he has five years and $25.6 million in base salary remaining on the deal.
The Seahawks reportedly will be cutting linebacker Julian Peterson, who in 2006 signed a seven-year, $54 million deal. The move will allow the Seahawks to avoid more than $30 million in salary obligations over the next four seasons.
Potential compensation to the Lions for Redding isn’t yet known. Seattle currently holds the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, and it’s unlikely that the team would give up that much in order to land Redding.

Slade
03-14-2009, 08:43 AM
If we had the #1 this year, we could trade back a few spots and still get a stud the likes of Crabtree, Orakapo, Raji, Cushing, or even possibly Curry. The FO is setting us up that we dont need one position anymore, so we could get the best available.

The other idea I had would be going after Boldin as a replacement to Marshall. We would have to give him an extension now for big money, but we would be doing the same for Marshall next year, plus Boldin doesn't have any strikes like Marshall does.

long beach bronco
03-14-2009, 08:44 AM
All of this is just making me sick. If Cutler does get traded, I blame the front office for starting this mess and then I blame Cutler for finishing this mess. Both parties are at fault. Every NFL team searches for that elusive franchise quarterback, we have one and now we might trade him for picks? That makes zero sense to me. Thats just like when a team wants a new arena to play in to be more competitive and the voters turn it down, the second the team leaves the city, then the voters cry about not having a team anymore and then builds a new arena to get an expansion franchice or another established team to come there. Same situation we got going on here. Pull the trigger Mcdonalds and you will be sorry, I'm just sad Jay took it personal and couldn't get over it.

Rock Chalk
03-14-2009, 08:45 AM
If Jay gets traded to Detroit, he will be out of football in 4 years.

Broncoman13
03-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Just want to get a gauge of reaction here...

Lions get:
Jay Cutler

Broncos get:
2010 Conditional

How would you feel about McD if that was the trade?

Slade
03-14-2009, 08:51 AM
I dont like it at all. I would want to swap #1 picks. Also what would the 2010 conditional be?

Lions get:
Jay Cutler

Broncos get:
2010 Conditional

broncogary
03-14-2009, 08:52 AM

Lions get:
Jay Cutler

Broncos get:
2010 Conditional

I'd think he doesn't understand the value of a franchise QB.

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2009, 08:53 AM
If we had the #1 this year, we could trade back a few spots and still get a stud the likes of Crabtree, Orakapo, Raji, Cushing, or even possibly Curry. The FO is setting us up that we dont need one position anymore, so we could get the best available.

The other idea I had would be going after Boldin as a replacement to Marshall. We would have to give him an extension now for big money, but we would be doing the same for Marshall next year, plus Boldin doesn't have any strikes like Marshall does.

you can't trade down like that. few teams want the #1 pick.

baja
03-14-2009, 08:55 AM
you can't trade down like that. few teams want the #1 pick.

This is true. This year the #1 pick is a liability because there is no player worth the #1 money.

TheReverend
03-14-2009, 09:06 AM

Or the Lions have their first franchise QB in over two decades...

Broncoman13
03-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I'd think he doesn't understand the value of a franchise QB.

I would agree and if this goes through I will be very upset... but Cutler is being very vindictive here. He is essentially ruining his value b/c he is upset with the entire Broncos Front Office, including Pat Bowlen. Buss and Cutler are fine with the Broncos getting back next to nothing for him b/c they know they'll get paid either way. This isn't over by a long shot though. The Broncos still have a few cards up their sleeves! The highest card being their ability to be vindictive right back and sit Jay for the next two years. It does nothing for the Broncos, I realize that. But McD IS arrogant enough to do this and Bowlen is supporting him in these moves. I seriously hope that McD's on field coaching is as good as I think it will be b/c he has the potential to leave this team in a very short time... and the team could very well be without a franchise skill position player. Can you imagine two years from now, McD didn't work out and we managed to get rid of Scheffler, Cutler, Royal, and Marshall. The only strong (franchise type) piece we would have is Ryan Clady. Again, hopefully McD's X's and O's will be so great that they will name streets after him here in Denver... but I'm a worried fan at this point.

Pony Boy
03-14-2009, 09:21 AM
If Jay truly wants out, exile him to Detroit. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.orangemane.com/BB/ /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City></st1:place> will suck again this year so take next years #1 and get Bradford or Tebow. The front office will lose all credibility by stating "Jay will not be traded" (I did not have sex with that woman!!).

Rabb
03-14-2009, 09:28 AM
If Jay truly wants out, exile him to Detroit. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.orangemane.com/BB/ /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City></st1:place> will suck again this year so take next years #1 and get Bradford or Tebow. The front office will lose all credibility by stating "Jay will not be traded" (I did not have sex with that woman!!).

Actually Cutler would do a lot for Detroit...they have excellent talent at wide receiver and can use a guy that can improvise...I seriously think he could make that a scary offense to deal with

baja
03-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Will this guy make nice with jay?

http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Schwartz_Bio09.jpg

want2bAbronco2
03-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Give me there 1st and 2nd this year and there 2nd next. or there 1st this year and 1st next (20th pick, I dont want the #1 pick).

Pony Boy
03-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Actually Cutler would do a lot for Detroit...they have excellent talent at wide receiver and can use a guy that can improvise...I seriously think he could make that a scary offense to deal with

Good point but it would depend on Jay's attitude, would he be happy in Detroit or still mopey Jay? I just don't want to see him in the AFC and against us in the playoffs.

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Did the Lions ever cut Foster? Because Jay's getting a ticket to concussion city anyways if he's dealt to Detroit, Foster would only make it worse.

SoDak Bronco
03-14-2009, 10:08 AM
the trade is for redding to the Seahawks. This has nothing to do with Cutler

ward63
03-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Did the Lions ever cut Foster? Because Jay's getting a ticket to concussion city anyways if he's dealt to Detroit, Foster would only make it worse.

Yeah...George is gone

Cito Pelon
03-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Or the Lions have their first franchise QB in over two decades...

I can't recall a single "franchise QB" with a windup throwing motion like Jay's. Aaron Brooks was supposed to be the first, no Kerry Collins was supposed to be the first, or was it Scott Mitchell?

Now I guess Jay Cutler is supposed to be the first "franchise QB" with the slowest delivery in the NFL.

db56
03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
At this point in all this mess, trading Cutler might b ok, but they better get some serious compensation, I'm talking Herschel Walker type insanity.
I've enjoyed watching Jay since day 1 and under the right support I think he could develop into one of the greatest to ever play the game, but I just cant get over the additude that he is bigger than the team and the game and thats the impression I'm getting.

Broncos_OTM
03-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Did the Lions ever cut Foster? Because Jay's getting a ticket to concussion city anyways if he's dealt to Detroit, Foster would only make it worse.Gooderus Childerus(sp) is a decent RT a marked improvement over Foster. Detroits line is no where near as bad as it used to be. still pretty bad but its getting better. They could go along way to fixing it this year to. by drafting Mack(33), and Smith(20)

Dedhed
03-14-2009, 10:48 AM

Like 16th in the league in scoring scary?

theAPAOps5
03-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Will this guy make nice with jay?

http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Schwartz_Bio09.jpg

Hey he has a crazy eye which is kind of like Shanahans lazy eye. Jay should immediately accept him, especially if he is handled with kid gloves.

Rabb
03-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Like 16th in the league in scoring scary?

:rofl:

I may have worded that poorly...he would be a dramatic improvement over the joke of crap they have rolled out the last few years

Calvin Johnson could be the best receiver in the league...he is absolutely one of the most gifted, all he needs is someone to toss the rock to him

Edit: I also should add that I think we DID have an offense that scared other teams, albeit inconsistent they could do some major damage when they were on

Rabb
03-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Good point but it would depend on Jay's attitude, would he be happy in Detroit or still mopey Jay? I just don't want to see him in the AFC and against us in the playoffs.

Agree

OBF1
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM

Lions get:
Jay Cutler

Broncos get:
2010 Conditional

I would think that YOU think McDaniels has alot more power than he does. Since when did Head Coach McDaniels become GM McDaniels???

Arkie
03-14-2009, 12:08 PM
We could then get Curry. Let McD develop Simms, get DT in the 2nd. Then get a QB later for depth. If Simms doesn't show signs this year, we can get a QB first next year. And the 1st next year would be high too most likely.

Bradford will be a top 3 pick. The early mocks this year had him as the top QB before he decided to stay in school.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2009, 12:09 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9335192/Source:-Seahawks-trade-LB-Peterson-to-Lions

Here's the big trade, Julian Peterson and a 5th for Corey Redding.

Edit: The 5th is going from Detroit to Seattle.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2009, 12:14 PM

lol him and Calvin Johnson will be just fine together.

elsid13
03-14-2009, 12:25 PM
It appears the big trade is Redding (DET) for Peterson (SEA)

Northman
03-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I dont think Denver could afford the 1st overall so it would probably involve future picks.

Broncoman13
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
I would think that YOU think McDaniels has alot more power than he does. Since when did Head Coach McDaniels become GM McDaniels???

Perhaps you've been gone for a little while. Our GM is not really a GM. He is a figure head yes man for McD. McD calls the shots and if the GM disagrees... HE GETS CANNED! See the Goodmans for your most immediate example. They didn't like the way things were going, attempted to push back and were fired in kind.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Detroit acquired Pro Bowl linebacker Julian Peterson on Saturday from the Seattle Seahawks for defensive tackle Cory Redding and a fifth-round pick in next month's NFL draft. Both players must pass physicals to complete the trade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f42a95&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

baja
03-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Perhaps you've been gone for a little while. Our GM is not really a GM. He is a figure head yes man for McD. <b> McD calls the shots and if the GM disagrees... HE GETS CANNED! </b>See the Goodmans for your most immediate example. They didn't like the way things were going, attempted to push back and were fired in kind.

You don't know that so why spread a rumor ,

Inkana7
03-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Lawl. There was a report that their big DT, Redding is going to be traded to the Seahawks.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Lawl. There was a report that their big DT, Redding is going to be traded to the Seahawks.

see my post just above

Inkana7
03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
see my post just above

And there we have it.

Killericon
03-14-2009, 06:13 PM

I really, REALLY wish more people adopted this thought process. We really know next to nothing about the Cutler/McDaniels saga. This feud has grown inside our heads and inside this forum into something I really, REALLY doubt it actually is, primarily due to people who can look at an article and think that they know what caused everything behind it.

Ugh.

arghemtee
03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Cutler is not being traded to the lions... yet./end thread

Broncoman13
03-14-2009, 06:53 PM

See that's where YOU are wrong.

broncos-rock
03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok....I'll bite how do you KNOW?

baja
03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
See that's where YOU are wrong.

Do tell.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2009, 07:08 PM
see my post just above

Or see my post over 5 hours before yours, you were the 3rd in this thread to post the trade.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Or see my post over 5 hours before yours, you were the 3rd in this thread to post the trade.

That was the point of my repost.....people were still missing it.

broncogary
03-14-2009, 07:20 PM

Hey, he heard it on a fishing trip with Josh, ok?

baja
03-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey, he heard it on a fishing trip with Josh, ok?

I'll buy the fishing part... ;D

elpasojoe
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Personally, I don't want Cutler ever to leave Denver. Should it happen, I want a trade that includes next year's No. 1 pick so we have a chance to draft Bradford. I don't want tostart over grooming a quarterback when Cutler is just entering his prime.

Elway777
03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
I would do this trade Julian Peterson plus the 20 and 33 picks. Peterson could play the Sam and the Broncos use 12 pick on Sanchez. The Broncos draft Tyson Jackson with 20 pick , Hakeem Nicks with 33 pick and Donald Brown with 48 pick. They also trade our 3 round pick this year and 2010 coditional draft pick for Anderson from Cleveland. The Broncos Qbs would be Anderson,Sims and Sanchez. They would also have Marshall, Nicks and Royal at starting wide receivers plus Donald Brown at running back.They also draft Chis Baker in the 4 round to play Nose Tackle . The Broncos starting defence of Thomas, Fields, Jackson with Linebackers of Julian Peterson , Larsen, Williams and Jason Taylor who they sign as free agent.

ZONA
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Detroit would really have to make a sweet deal for me to like it. First off, I would not want the #1 overall this year. Nobody really wants it. There's no clear "must have" stud to take. You will be severely overpaying anybody you take at #1. Why do you think Detroit would love to get rid of it.

No Thanks.

If Detroit wants to deal, IMHO, they would need to surrender alot of picks because they don't have any totally dominant defensive player we would want to put in with the deal.

Yes, the value of a franchise QB, a young pro-bowler with an absolute cannon of an arm, I'm not making this deal at all unless...

Let them keep #1 and let us keep #12, but give them Jay for:

#20, #33

1st rounder

3rd rounder

If I'm McD/Bowlen and looking into the future and I'm giving up Cutler, I'm looking 2 or 3 years down the road. Might as well get the higher picks included in the deal for moving then in the future a bit. It's spread around a bit but you would get 2 first rounders, a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder for Cutler.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Per Klis the most desirable situaton for Jay Cutler to be traded to is Tennessee or Chicago. So I can guarantee he won't be going there if traded.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Per Klis the most desirable situaton for Jay Cutler to be traded to is Tennessee or Chicago. So I can guarantee he won't be going there if traded.

I'd love to see him in Detroit. And for next season their coach to axed for Shanahan. That'd be cool.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd love to see him in Detroit. And for next season their coach to axed for Shanahan. That'd be cool.

Yep because he will get the coddling he needs then! :thumbs:

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Yep because he will get the coddling he needs then! :thumbs:

It'd be cool to see Detroit win a championship, imo. Kinda like the Saints run after the Hurricane

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Won't happen with a mentally weak QB.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Won't happen with a mentally weak QB.

A mentally weak QB would've succumbed to authority a long time ago. This is far from mental weakness.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry you are right. An egotistical, hero in his own mind QB, who thinks he is Gods gift to his team won't win one. Thanks for the correction.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry you are right. An egotistical, hero in his own mind QB, who thinks he is Gods gift to his team won't win one. Thanks for the correction.

Franchise records in second year starting.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
I would do this trade Julian Peterson plus the 20 and 33 picks. Peterson could play the Sam and the Broncos use 12 pick on Sanchez. The Broncos draft Tyson Jackson with 20 pick , Hakeem Nicks with 33 pick and Donald Brown with 48 pick. They also trade our 3 round pick this year and 2010 coditional draft pick for Anderson from Cleveland. The Broncos Qbs would be Anderson,Sims and Sanchez. They would also have Marshall, Nicks and Royal at starting wide receivers plus Donald Brown at running back.They also draft Chis Baker in the 4 round to play Nose Tackle . The Broncos starting defence of Thomas, Fields, Jackson with Linebackers of Julian Peterson , Larsen, Williams and Jason Taylor who they sign as free agent.

Peterson has very loaded back end contract. It was stupid trade for Detriot.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM

i read the article you posted and i find it very interesting that they quoted Bowlen as saying he is disappointed in Jay and in the fact that they may have to lose him...

What's next for new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and his disgruntled quarterback, Jay Cutler? There now appears a real possibility the two sides are headed for a divorce based on irreconcilable differences.

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday of the feud between his quarterback and first-year coach. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he is steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the situation.

so does that mean that even though he has told Jay that the broncos aren't trading him that actually there's a chance they will?...

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Over his 37 starts the defense was the worst in the NFL. The WORST. 17-20 doesn't seem so bad in that light.

bpc
03-15-2009, 04:42 PM

That would be sweet. I think it would be great if he went to Chicago too. He would be perfect for that place. Chicago can ditch Lovie after the year and then bring in the hometime Shanahan to run the ship. Very good defense, Cutler and Forte on offense.

Shanahan won't even have to ditch his blue and orange wardrobe.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
If Jay and Bus continue to conduct business the way they have damn right they will trade him and it will be warranted.

oubronco
03-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I hate Mcdaniels

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:44 PM
If Jay and Bus continue to conduct business the way they have damn right they will trade him and it will be warranted.

Conjecture

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Conjecture

Just as much as your side my friend.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Franchise records in second year starting.

Sadly cutlers attitude might keep us all from seeing what he is capiable of with a decent defense on the field.

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
A mentally weak QB would've succumbed to authority a long time ago. This is far from mental weakness.

"Succumbing" to authority isn't exactly a sign of weakness.

You were in the service, no?

Ryan Leaf never "succumbed" to authority. I wouldn't say that makes him mentally "strong."

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Just as much as your side my friend.

I've only listed facts, actually.

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I hate Mcdaniels

He hates you back.

He's going to run Jay Cutler out of town just to prove it.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I've only listed facts, actually.

You told me Bowlen is leaking to the media didn't you because the news is spun towards the Broncos. Thats not a fact thats a theory, actually.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:48 PM
"Succumbing" to authority isn't exactly a sign of weakness.

You were in the service, no?

Ryan Leaf never "succumbed" to authority. I wouldn't say that makes him mentally "strong."

Yup, and great example. The people that break in bootcamp are weak.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:48 PM
You told me Bowlen is leaking to the media didn't you because the news is spun towards the Broncos. Thats not a fact thats a theory, actually.

You're twisting what I said. I said the majority of these leaked articles seem to have the "Broncos perspective" of events.

bpc
03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I hate Mcdaniels

In hindsight, maybe you should love him OU. He should have us CLEARLY in the Sam Bradford sweepstakes next season if he keeps up this offseasons pace.

I swear to god, McDaniels is going to Bernie Bickerstaff the Broncos.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I hate Mcdaniels

yea, we get it man...

don't you find it weird though that even though Cutler's people keep leaking that Jay is upset, and why he's upset, that they haven't exactly stated what it is they're looking for outta McD to resolve this mess?...

they spoke over the phone with McD and co wanting to reslove this and cutler was still angry...they met face to face and reportedly exchanged words...so what exactly does Jay want?...

he says that McD tried to trade him and lied to him...ok we all understand that, so what do you want Jay?...an apology?...a hug?...what?...

i'm starting to think more and more that at the end of the day this is about the same thing that 99% of all disputes are about...

money...

theAPAOps5
03-15-2009, 04:50 PM
You're twisting what I said. I said the majority of these leaked articles seem to have the "Broncos perspective" of events.

Ok I won't put words in your mouth. I am not trying to twist them.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 04:51 PM
yea, we get it man...

don't you find it weird though that even though Cutler's people keep leaking that Jay is upset, and why he's upset, that they haven't exactly stated what it is they're looking for outta McD to resolve this mess?...

they spoke over the phone with McD and co wanting to reslove this and cutler was still angry...they met face to face and reportedly exchanged words...so what exactly does Jay want?...

he says that McD tried to trade him and lied to him...ok we all understand that, so what do you want Jay?...an apology?...a hug?...what?...

i'm starting to think more and more that at the end of the day this is about the same thing that 99% of all disputes are about...

money...

Jay wants to make more money than Mrs. Kyle Shanahan. Seems fair to me.

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Yup, and great example. The people that break in bootcamp are weak.

Exactly. Those committed to the job fight through adversity.

I'm guessing boot camp drill sergeants occasionally ask participants to do things they may not want to do, and I'll bet they even go as far as to point out weaknesses from time to time!

I'm doubting any of the branches of service look upon folding your arms and pouting as a sign of "strength."

elsid13
03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
In hindsight, maybe you should love him OU. He should have us CLEARLY in the Sam Bradford sweepstakes next season if he keeps up this offseasons pace.

God I hope not. Bradford is great college player but I figure he going to struggle when he doesn't have 10 second to pick his targets and throw. I see JR Matt Leihnart when he plays.

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:53 PM

Sometimes it has to get ugly before it gets pretty, Chris. I'm shocked that you aren't seeing this from a bigger-picture perspective.

Bronx33
yea, we get it man...

money...

Yep it seems jay and his agent have dug themselves in and are not really sure what's the right next move, the ball is in jays court and he needs to fix this cluster**** that has been created.

TheReverend
Exactly. Those committed to the job fight through adversity.

I'm guessing boot camp drill sergeants occasionally ask participants to do things they may not want to do, and I'll bet they even go as far as to point out weaknesses from time to time!

I'm doubting any of the branches of service look upon folding your arms and pouting as a sign of "strength."

First off, drill sergeants are for women. Drill Instructors are for men.

Secondly, your every move is mandatory in those situations. When Jay skips something mandatory, then we can have a discussion.

Thirdly, it really is apples and oranges. You sell off your human rights in the Marines for what you believe to be the "greater good". Professional football hardly compares.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Yep it seems jay and his agent have dug themselves in and are not really sure what's the right next move, the ball is in jays court and he needs to fix this cluster**** that has been created.

I have to disagree. I think the guy who created the negative work environment has the responsibility to fix it. Ball is in McDaniels' court, imo.

Gcver2ver3
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I have to disagree. I think the guy who created the negative work environment has the responsibility to fix it. Ball is in McDaniels' court, imo.

ok...well he tried, but if Cutler doesn't want it to be fixed then what is he to do?...

the Broncos said they don't want to trade him...they explained he's a big piece in the offense...they said they want to meet face to face...and that they expect him in Monday's offseason program...

exactly how is the ball in McD's court?...

it is CLEARLY Jay's move, and by not showing up on Monday he will be making his message loud and clear...he wants out...

Popps
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
First off, drill sergeants

Are women allowed to quit? If so, is it looked upon as being "strong minded?"

Secondly, your every move is mandatory in those situations. When Jay skips something mandatory, then we can have a discussion..

Fair enough, though I think his words/intent are what you were talking about being "mentally strong." He's refused to meet with coaches, and then had a tough time taking criticism. So, I'd say there's some similarity.

Thirdly, it really is apples and oranges. You sell off your human rights in the Marines for what you believe to be the "greater good". Professional football hardly compares.

Fair enough, again... but I think you know where the point was coming from, and you won't admit it... but I think you know there's some basis in truth.

Strong-minded people make it in any career, NFL, military, accountant. Nothing Cutler has done in this fiasco has led ANYone to anoint him as "strong-minded." In fact, quite the opposite.

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM

So it's micky Ds job to make jay happy or the other way around? who exactly signs the checks?

Popps
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Ball is in McDaniels' court, imo.

Yep, and he just overhead-smashed it down the line.

McDaniels is in control. He's in charge. There will be no apologies. He's done nothing more than what he thought was best for the team.

Listen to the words of his players. NOT ONE of them has said the SLIGHTEST negative word about him. They're behind him... because they know he's right, just like the long line of pros, pro bowlers and insiders that have said the same thing.

Jay is in the wrong at this stage, no matter who "started" it. And, as Kaylore aptly put it... there are only two options:

1. Jay really is this immature.
2. Jay wants out of Denver and this was just a way to make that happen.

Either way, those aren't McDaniel's doing. Hence, he won't need "undo" them.

TheReverend
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM

Eh, little knock at the Army that you clearly didn't get.

Fair enough, though I think his words/intent are what you were talking about being "mentally strong." He's refused to meet with coaches, and then had a tough time taking criticism. So, I'd say there's some similarity.

Fair enough, again... but I think you know where the point was coming from, and you won't admit it... but I think you know there's some basis in truth.

Strong-minded people make it in any career, NFL, military, accountant. Nothing Cutler has done in this fiasco has led ANYone to anoint him as "strong-minded." In fact, quite the opposite.

You can annoint him anything you want. At the end of the day on this route, he's going to get his payday and if the FO is smart, it'll be in Denver.

Call that weak-minded if you want, but it's a weak-minded person that's a starting QB in the NFL with an extra 40 million guaranteed.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM

I see a strong minded QB who believes he is the leader of the team that wants to make more than the disaster they signed to back him up. It is a business right?