PDA

View Full Version : Rams have released WR Torry Holt.

HEAV
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Anyone?

bronco militia
03-13-2009, 01:51 PM
hell yeah

Rabb
03-13-2009, 01:52 PM
with B Marsh being suspended (likely) yes...Simms needs someone to throw to other than Eddie

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2009, 01:52 PM
He could be our 2 and put Royal in the slot, but I wouldn't be unhappy with Royal as the 2.

Beej
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Cowboys probably snag him.

Popcorn Sutton
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
This is something I can support. I hope Brandon does not get suspended but Holt would be a great insurance policy if he does.

tsiguy96
03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
with B Marsh being suspended (likely) yes...Simms needs someone to throw to other than Eddie

most sports analysts say he is unlikely to get suspended. there is pretty much no evidence he did anything wrong and should have not been arrested anyway, so him "likely" being suspended is dumb.

TheReverend
03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Eagles should have him on a private jet by now...

Rabb
03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
most sports analysts say he is unlikely to get suspended. there is pretty much no evidence he did anything wrong and should have not been arrested anyway, so him "likely" being suspended is dumb.

dumb? thanks

hope you are right

Kaylore
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
The Redskins will splurge on him. They need good receivers. He's got two or three good years in the tank. I'd LOVE to have him here. He's one of the best receivers in the last decade and his technique is phenomenal.

Popps
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Hell yes!

The 49ers cashed in on Isaac Bruce last year. It think Holt will be a great value pick-up. Of course, this is contingent on what Marshall's situation plays out to be.

But, I suggested we even trade a low pick for him a few weeks go. I really like the idea, particularly again... if Marshall may miss time.

montrose
03-13-2009, 02:01 PM
This would be a really nice pick up. Torry runs great routes and would be a super fit in this offense, especially with the pending suspension of Marshall. Not to mention that Torry's always come across as a humble, smart, team-first guy which are the types of players McDaniels and Xanders want.

gyldenlove
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
He will be a Viking before next Friday.

Popcorn Sutton
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Who are all these so called sports analysts that say he is unlikely to get suspended...? What are their credentials?

He was seen by police kicking and punching yet another woman. I'd say that constitutes a breach of the player conduct policy. The fact that neither Brandon nor his fiancee chose to press charges does not mean Brandon didn't act foolishly and make the NFL look bad. I guess we'll see in due time but I think you are a little too quick to simply discard the possibility.

BroncoInferno
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I would love it, even if Marshall does not get suspended. The guy can still play, would be an excellent mentor, and would allow us to play Royal in the slot.

cutthemdown
03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
If Holt is interested in Denver and we think Marshall might miss some time it's worth looking at. He's a lot like Rod Smith was at the end of his career. As long as he's healthy he will figure out how to catch some balls and help his qb.

tsiguy96
03-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Who are all these so called sports analysts that say he is unlikely to get suspended...? What are their credentials?

He was seen by police kicking and punching yet another woman. I'd say that constitutes a breach of the player conduct policy. The fact that neither Brandon nor his fiancee chose to press charges does not mean Brandon didn't act foolishly and make the NFL look bad. I guess we'll see in due time but I think you are a little too quick to simply discard the possibility.

he was kicking and punching a woman, yet the judge threw out the charges in a matter of hours?

are you stupid? if a cop witnesses this, he doesnt need her to press charges, the state will. its so stupid and naive to think that a man who is kicking and punching a woman in front of police got out of jail in hours with a judge who reportedly laughed at the charges and threw them out saying they should have never been brought

Pony Boy
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Holt has a degenerative knee and will never be 100%, it's a the same condition that ended Marshall Faulks career.

bowtown
03-13-2009, 02:11 PM

Once again, they were both charged with disorderly conduct. She didn't drop the charges because there were no charges she she had any power to drop. Only a judge can drop that charge, and he did... immediately.

Beantown Bronco
03-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Eagles should have him on a private jet by now...

If they don't, it will certainly be telling as far as their intentions towards Anquan Boldin.

bowtown
03-13-2009, 02:13 PM
If they don't, it will certainly be telling as far as their intentions towards Anquan Boldin.

Or their undying love of Hank "All Our Eggs in One" Baskett

Rabb
03-13-2009, 02:14 PM
once again, the NFL does not make connections between a conviction of anything and a violation of their conduct policy necessarily

calling people stupid and dumb just makes you look foolish...even when you are wrong to begin with about the way the league determines suspensions

I have no idea why people do not get this concept

yerner
03-13-2009, 02:16 PM
giants? that would look good for them.

Pontius Pirate
03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
There's no way he comes to Denver. He wants to be a #1 WR on a good team.

broncofan
03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Giants, Vikings, or Eagles.

ColoradoBuff
03-13-2009, 03:11 PM
bring him in!

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Holt will be a Colt.

Rohirrim
03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Bellychicks will bring him in and get two good years out of him.

TonyR
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Aren't Keary Colbert and Samie Parker available if we miss out on Holt? And I hear Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel can be had for peanuts if you're looking for safeties.

But in all seriousness, Holt will be priced out of our range very quickly.

MechanicalBull
03-13-2009, 04:04 PM
The Jets have already pretty much said they are interested in him.

GreatBronco16
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Can he play defense? Cause I really don't see us needing another WR. We have enough.

Oh what the hell. Bring him in. He'd bust off 2k in our system.

Sassy
03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I know he's "old" but I'd go for that.
I always liked him as a player.

TheReverend
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Who is, I repeat for the twentieth time, not going anywhere.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Anyone?

I like Holt. I'd love for the Broncos to pursue him. Can you imagine Bmarsh, Royal and Holt with Cutler? That'd be sick.

Plus, with what is going on with Bmarsh, why not make a play for Holt?

TonyR
03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
...why not make a play for Holt?

Probably too many buyers, most of whom need a WR more than we do. It will be very similar to the Derrick Ward situation, although I think we should have passed on Buckhalter and Jordan, and maybe even Arrington, and paid a little more for Ward. But that's neither here nor there...

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Probably too many buyers, most of whom need a WR more than we do. It will be very similar to the Derrick Ward situation, although I think we should have passed on Buckhalter and Jordan, and maybe even Arrington, and paid a little more for Ward. But that's neither here nor there...

I still think the Broncos can make a respectable bid for Holt.

chadta
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I like Holt. I'd love for the Broncos to pursue him. Can you imagine Bmarsh, Royal and Holt with Cutler? That'd be sick.

and dont forget shef, graham, stokley, and recently aquired gafney, heck we could run with no tackles and a 7 wide set, nobody would be able to cover all of them.

sorry guys even if marshalls out for a few games i dont really see the need for another reciever, unless we are going to trade him for D help.

Killericon
03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Uhh Yeah, Stokely, Marshall, Royal and Gaffney aren't enough. We need more.

GreatBronco16
03-13-2009, 07:57 PM

Yeah screw this. Lets start another Cutler thread!!

HEAV
03-13-2009, 08:02 PM

With more three wide sets Denver will be looking for another wideout for the rotation. Maybe Chad Jackson sticks...

Killericon
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
With more three wide sets Denver will be looking for another wideout for the rotation. Maybe Chad Jackson sticks...

Yes, and maybe we should sign another WR, or maybe even throw a late round pick at WR, but sign Torry Holt? Not so much.

80smith
03-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Save the money..... We need a "D"

SouthStndJunkie
03-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Look for the Titans to sign him.

Rock Chalk
03-14-2009, 07:52 AM
He could be our 2 and put Royal in the slot, but I wouldn't be unhappy with Royal as the 2.

Holt would be our #1 period. All that guy ever does is go out and produce and you dont ever hear a peep out of him. The Rams have been woeful the last 3 seasons but he still put up good numbers outside of last year. Last year though, the Rams were just so bad on all fronts no one had a good year.

This guy already has nearly 13,000 yards receiving. He probably has 4 or 5 years left in him too.

In 10 seasons in the NFL, Holt has produced 8 1,000 yard seasons, 6 1,300 yard seasons and 2 1600 yard seasons. Thats ridiculous numbers. Granted his numbers have gone down the last 3 years but the Rams talent has also gone down.

Id jump on the chance to get Holt. Consummate professional in the mold of Rod Smith with more talent.

Broncos_OTM
03-14-2009, 08:04 AM
And monkeys might fly out my ass. Chad Jackson was cut by New England. It was rumored he was to stupid to catch the offense. you really think he is gonna stick again. i think we already got our no confidence vote with the signing of gaffeny