PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion, is Jay worth at least a first round pick?

Taco John
03-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I cant' believe that there's any doubt about this...

USMCBladerunner
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Absolutlely. He's worth more than a single 1st round pick. Quite a bit more in my opinion.

If the trade comes with a starting caliber QB, I'd want a first and perhaps a second as well. If there is no good QB compensation involved, then 2 1st at least.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Right now, I don't even know if we could get a high first rounder for him.

Again, he's seen as coming with baggage, and has only made that worse with his tantrums.

???

Gcver2ver3
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
it's not even debatable...

Cutler carries more value than the #1 overall pick...

and easily...

Rohirrim
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Easily. I'd say a high first and a second (or next year's first).

elsid13
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
???

Remember Popps bases his vast football knowledge on the years of watching games on TV and talking to rivals fans in his office. That why he is so much smarter then you are Issac.

Broncosfreak_56
03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
A 25 year old 3rd year pro-bowl caliber quarterback? Uh....yeah.

bronco militia
03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
;d

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Lets see he was a 1st round pick who now has experiance and has proven to at the VERY least not be a bust. Any first round pick this year or in the future has a chance to be a total bust.

There is zero doubt about it

BroncoInferno
03-13-2009, 02:00 PM
To be fair Taco, Popps said he wasn't sure if we could get a HIGH first rounder for Cutler. Meaning top 10 I would think. I'd say his value is two first rounders (or a first rounder and and a top veteran starter still in his 20s).

Taco John
03-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Lets see he was a 1st round pick who now has experiance and has proven to at the VERY least not be a bust. Any first round pick this year or in the future has a chance to be a total bust.

There is zero doubt about it

Wait a minute though... You're not factoring that the guy gets offended when he feels like he's been lied to. Surely that's got to bring down his value.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 02:03 PM
To be fair Taco, Popps said he wasn't sure if we could get a HIGH first rounder for Cutler. Meaning top 10 I would think. I'd say his value is two first rounders (or a first rounder and and a top veteran starter still in his 20s).

Even still, about every Mock Draft has Stafford and Sanchez being taken in the top ten. That's at least two potential suitors in the top ten. Does anyone really believe that these two teams wouldn't take Cutler for their top ten pick straight across without even blinking, and instead hold onto their picks to pick up either of these two rookies?

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Wait a minute though... You're not factoring that the guy gets offended when he feels like he's been lied to. Surely that's got to bring down his value.

Talent and production > personality risks*

*For further reference see TO

And yes I know your using me to get the answer you wanted :)

HEAV
03-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes he's worth a 1st rounder. But as a team tryin gto rebuild faster, I'd take two 2nd rounders and a day two pick.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes he's worth a 1st rounder. But as a team tryin gto rebuild faster, I'd take two 2nd rounders and a day two pick.

Christ, I wish this was sarcasm but I know it's not. The "more draft pick" crew strikes again. I'm sure you know exactly which 3 players to pick who will be Pro Bowlers through your vast scouting experience. Let's go with a scattershot approach and take less value instead of taking a pick where there will be much better talent to choose from.

Popps
03-13-2009, 02:12 PM
As usual, Taco... you ****ed it all up.

My quote was... that I was UNSURE if we could get a HIGH first round pick.
(Based on the current state of negotiations and our lessening position of leverage.)

Can we get A first round pick? I would hope so.

Is there any difference between the top of the first round and the bottom, Taco? Maybe just a little tid-bit?

So, your poll is useless and absolutely mis-worded. Not a surprise.

But, you were probably too busy calling people liars and then cowering when asked to put your money where your silly mouth is.

Kaylore
03-13-2009, 02:12 PM
At least. I'd expect a high first and then some.

Popps
03-13-2009, 02:13 PM

By the way, the real question was whether or not Detroit would give us their #1. I simply said I was unsure, and have read and talked to people with varying opinions.

The notion around here that Jay would bring the #1 plus multiple other picks is just absurd.

Popps
03-13-2009, 02:14 PM

There probably isn't. You no-read-good.

gyldenlove
03-13-2009, 02:14 PM

Matt Schaub hadn't started a handful of games, he was known to be an injury risk and he was worth a couple of 2nd round picks. Cassel has one year as a starter for a very good team and convinced the entire world that he no Tom Brady and he is worth a 2nd.

Cutler, has a pro bowl, he is younger than either of the two above, he has not missed a game with injury.

Add to that the fact that this years QB draft is the weakest since the 2005 draft and a proven QB suddenly holds quite a bit of value. If you are a team that is a good QB away from being solid (like the Jets, Vikings, Bears, Redskins) Cutler would easily be worth a 1st rounder, and probably two.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
As usual, Taco... you ****ed it all up.

My quote was... that I was UNSURE if we could get a HIGH first round pick.
(Based on the current state of negotiations and our lessening position of leverage.)

Can we get A first round pick? I would hope so.

Is there any difference between the top of the first round and the bottom, Taco? Maybe just a little tid-bit?

So, your poll is useless and absolutely mis-worded. Not a surprise.

But, you were probably too busy calling people liars and then cowering when asked to put your money where your silly mouth is.

Why would that change anything? Just about everyone is saying he's worth AT LEAST a first round pick and more. He's certianly worth a straight across trade for Stafford or Sanchez, and those guys will likely be drafted by the Lions at the #1 spot, or the Niners at the #10 spot.

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2009, 02:16 PM
franchise qb's are worth their weight in draft picks. pro bowl franchise qb's are worth even more than that.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Can we all step back for a second and look at this objectively.

Can you name another starting QB on the trading block that was 25 and just came off a season like Cutler's? With the talent that cutler posesses? It's unheard of. Also, yes he has diabetes, but for all intents and purposes, he's healthy. The broncos don't NEED to deal him and, though he's petulant, i dont think he's a locker room cancer and I doubt his attitude really would stand in the way (even though im sure a team will TRY to use this as leverage.) In a QB hungry league, teams will LINE UP to try to get this QB who is probably 3-4 years BELOW HIS PRIME!!!

If we don't get AT LEAST TWO first round picks for him, its a travesty. Mark my words. Travesty

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
The broncos don't NEED to deal him and, though he's petulant, i dont think he's a locker room cancer and I doubt his attitude really would stand in the way (even though im sure a team will TRY to use this as leverage.)

yet.

Popps
03-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Why would that change anything?

Hilarious!

Good point, bro.

You know what, there's no difference between the #1 and the #30 pick.

Arizona should call Detroit and tell them to just swap picks.

I mean, what would it change.

LOL

Dude, do you just enjoy looking foolish?

skpac1001
03-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Just to play devils advocate and annoy some people, Cutler hasn't proven any better then Cassel against defenses in the top half of the league, so if you are looking for a non-playoff qb, Cassel was worth a second.

broncofan
03-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Without a doubt...especially given the lack of QB talent in this year's draft.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey guy, we got fan writeds here that tink Cutper worth least hi firsted roun picked. All kind of fan thing about the Cutsper guy get less it makey them want to barf puke it so ridiculate. It like foul degenrate toad to getted less.

razorwire77
03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes, Cutler is worth a high first 1st round pick, although he's doing an excellent job of devaluing himself.

Drek
03-13-2009, 02:22 PM

That has brought down his value. There were reports that the Cassel deal involved Denver receiving 1st and 3rd round picks along with Cassel, who was moved for a very high 2nd round pick himself.

So a few weeks ago it was basically the entire first day of a draft, 1st to 3rd round picks. You're now asking if he's worth a single 1st. Isn't that value deterioration?

I think he's worth quite a bit, more than a single first. The question is if another team will offer that for him now.

Its basically going to take a draft day deal in which someone (be it Detroit, Tampa, or Cleveland) decides at the last minute that getting Cutler is worth a significant overpay and they bite the bullet to offer a massive deal for him. Otherwise McDaniels isn't going to move him. He's probably not even going to actively shop him.

But if Cleveland for example calls and were to offer Quinn, Rogers, and their second rounder then I think McDaniels and Xanders would strongly consider returning their phone call.

Or if Detroit called and offered #20, their 2nd rounder, and Cory Redding? Thats a call that probably gets some consideration in the war room as well.

I don't think McDaniels and Xanders are even going to go angling for a top pick. They want value, and you get value starting in the late first and carrying through to about the mid-3rd. They'd take both Detroit's 2nd and 3rd rounders before they'd take #1, I'm sure of that. Same with Cleveland.

HEAV
03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Christ, I wish this was sarcasm but I know it's not. The "more draft pick" crew strikes again. I'm sure you know exactly which 3 players to pick who will be Pro Bowlers through your vast scouting experience. Let's go with a scattershot approach and take less value instead of taking a pick where there will be much better talent to choose from.

If your talking about getting a top5-8 selection yes your correct. But getting a selection below that level for the price that it will take to sign it's better to get near the same talent for a lesser price in round two.

There have and are many 2nd and third rounders worth more to a team than the first rounders taken ahead of them.

Just look at the 2002 draft. Ash was the Broncos first rounder selection. Round two Clinton Portis. So whom had more value?

P.S. Hell I think there's more solid value (NFL skill) in round 2. Round one can be fileld with draft work stars, but NFL dud's.

razorwire77
03-13-2009, 02:46 PM
That has brought down his value. There were reports that the Cassel deal involved Denver receiving 1st and 3rd round picks along with Cassel, who was moved for a very high 2nd round pick himself.

So a few weeks ago it was basically the entire first day of a draft, 1st to 3rd round picks. You're now asking if he's worth a single 1st. Isn't that value deterioration?

I think he's worth quite a bit, more than a single first. The question is if another team will offer that for him now.

Its basically going to take a draft day deal in which someone (be it Detroit, Tampa, or Cleveland) decides at the last minute that getting Cutler is worth a significant overpay and they bite the bullet to offer a massive deal for him. Otherwise McDaniels isn't going to move him. He's probably not even going to actively shop him.

But if Cleveland for example calls and were to offer Quinn, Rogers, and their second rounder then I think McDaniels and Xanders would strongly consider returning their phone call.

Or if Detroit called and offered #20, their 2nd rounder, and Cory Redding? Thats a call that probably gets some consideration in the war room as well.

I don't think McDaniels and Xanders are even going to go angling for a top pick. They want value, and you get value starting in the late first and carrying through to about the mid-3rd. They'd take both Detroit's 2nd and 3rd rounders before they'd take #1, I'm sure of that. Same with Cleveland.

I agree with this take, and I think it probably represents a realistic offer that Denver will take if they move Cutler. Pretty much the best thing we can hope for is that two or three teams get into a bidding war which escalates Jay's value somewhere close to the level it was prior to all of the drama.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-13-2009, 02:59 PM
If your talking about getting a top5-8 selection yes your correct. But getting a selection below that level for the price that it will take to sign it's better to get near the same talent for a lesser price in round two.

There have and are many 2nd and third rounders worth more to a team than the first rounders taken ahead of them.

Just look at the 2002 draft. Ash was the Broncos first rounder selection. Round two Clinton Portis. So whom had more value?

P.S. Hell I think there's more solid value (NFL skill) in round 2. Round one can be fileld with draft work stars, but NFL dud's.

There's also a reason that Lelie went at #19 and Portis went at #51. CP was passed on 50 times, and without looking at the draft history, I'd wager that was every team at least once. You're using known results to justify being in what is essentially a blind, future position since you do not know how the picks this year will turn out. The talent level in the mid-1st is not the same as the mid-2nd. There are reasons why those guys are picked in the mid-2nd and not the mid-1st, it's called talent and how they project in the NFL. I'll take that risk any day.

I'll also take Clady's "terrible" contract at #12 at an average of less than $3M per season for 6 seasons vs. a 2nd round pick's $1M per year. The contracts signed by mid- to late 1sts are absolute bargins with the type of talent you can acquire in those spots.

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Is there an actual debate going on this topic???

bronco militia
03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
woohoo! I'm #1

Popps
03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Is there an actual debate going on this topic???

Nope.

The real issue started as whether or not Detroit would give their #1 pick. There's plenty of opinion either way.

I stated that I'm not even sure we could garner a high #1 for him at this point. (1 through 5)

After calling me a liar and then cowering when asked to put his money where his mouth was, he then posted a poll based on a false premise and attributed it to me.

Taco apparently thinks there's no difference between the #1 and #30 pick.

mr007
03-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Anyone who thinks Cutler is not worth a top 5 pick and additional compensation should be examined.

It's not a question of what a team would be willing to offer. It's a question of what you, as the Broncos FO, would deem an acceptable offer for Jay.

If you'd give up Jay for a top 10 pick in the draft and no additional compensation, I want to be the team trading with you and laughing my ass off after the deal is done.

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2009, 03:39 PM
No. He's worth 3. As in no he is worth more. I goofed on the thread title question.

Pick Six
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
There's no denying Cutler's talent and he definitely would garner a high first-round pick. I'm just concerned that he thinks he's bigger than the team. That's the only issue I have with the guy...

FireFly
03-13-2009, 03:48 PM
He's worth more than a 1st. But he was worth more 2 months ago than he is now.

Every day this stuff goes on his value decreases. There's no way we get what we consider to be fair value for him at this point.

FireFly
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
If we trade him at this point, there will be very few bronco fans happy with the compensation we get.

Back with the whole Cassel deal was in the works, we might have swung something decent. Now, we'll be lucky to get a crappy QB and a 2nd.

Hence, I really, really hope we keep him.

cutthemdown
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
IMO he's worth a 1st round pick and then some. IMO 2 first round picks, or a first round pick and a young stud player at another position.

Also the first round pick would have to be in the top 15, or it would cost a first round pick, a stud player, and a 2nd round pick next yr.

At least. Qbs with upside like Cutler hard to find.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
The real issue started as whether or not Detroit would give their #1 pick.

Without even blinking, they would, and laugh about how cheap they got Cutler for...

Popps
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Without even blinking, they would, and laugh about how cheap they got Cutler for...

I'm not saying it's out of the realm.

My quote was that I wasn't sure... and I'm still not.

People aren't blind, Taco. Negotiating from a position of extreme weakness doesn't help your cause. I think you're getting too caught up with "is he worth it." (In your mind.)

The question in other team's minds is... "how little do I have to give up to get him, considering the fact that they have a real problem between him and the ownership, and only a marginal amount of teams that are likely to get too involved."

Popps
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
He's worth more than a 1st. But he was worth more 2 months ago than he is now.

Every day this stuff goes on his value decreases. There's no way we get what we consider to be fair value for him at this point.

Again, you can thank Jay Cutler for that.

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok now this all makes sense this is just spill over between the OM brothers TJ and Popps.

Nothing to see here folks move along :)

Taco John
03-13-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm not saying it's out of the realm.

My quote was that I wasn't sure... and I'm still not.

People aren't blind, Taco. Negotiating from a position of extreme weakness doesn't help your cause. I think you're getting too caught up with "is he worth it." (In your mind.)

The question in other team's minds is... "how little do I have to give up to get him, considering the fact that they have a real problem between him and the ownership, and only a marginal amount of teams that are likely to get too involved."

Your position presumes that there isn't a competative market for pro-bowl quarterbacks. Look at the top 10 teams in the draft... You think any of these guys could use a pro bowl quarterback and the season ticket bump they'd get for bringing one in?

1. Detroit
2. St. Louis
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Cleveland Browns
6. Cincinnati Bengals
8. Jacksonville Jaguars
10. San Francisco

Cutler would be an immediate upgrade to a good number of teams in this league, and a first round pick would be dirt cheap to make that upgrade.

elsid13
03-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok now this all makes sense this is just spill over between the OM brothers TJ and Popps.

Nothing to see here folks move along :)

Stop trying to play the UN. I hoping for Gaza type conflict, hippie

BroncoBuff

Yes of COURSE he's worth a first rounder and more ... Jay and our 2nd for Brady Quinn, Shaun Rogers and the #5 overall would work.

SonOfLe-loLang
Again, you can thank Jay Cutler for that.

I honestly dont think his behavior has earned him ANY leverage. The broncos can make him stick around and he knows it does him no good to sit and pout on pride alone.

HIs value is the same.

Taco John
There's no way we get what we consider to be fair value for him at this point.

I agree with that. But I consider fair value to be the two first round draft picks that the team who franchises him will get when his contract runs out. A single first round draft pick, even in the top ten is cheap, and I don't believe any of the teams I listed would blink about losing that pick knowing that they're actually putting an extra first round in their pocket two years from now.

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Stop trying to play the UN. I hoping for Gaza type conflict, hippie

They do have a history about as long as the fight in the middle east. Ha!

NYBronco
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
He's worth a first round pick in the top five selections.

Popps
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes of COURSE he's worth a first rounder and more ... Jay and our 2nd for Brady Quinn, Shaun Rogers and the #5 overall would work.

FYI... again, Taco isn't asking the right question.

What he should have asked (and I already asked on another thread) is... would Detroit give their #1.

The only two hardcore Lions fans I know here at work say no, but I've read some online who say yes.

Point is, it's not a sure thing and every day... his value drops because our position weakens as the draft approaches.

Of course, he could show up to camp on Monday and things will be fine.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Wish this was public so I could see who is stupid enough to believe he's worth less than a 1st.

bombay
03-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Of course he's worth a first rounder. The weird thing is, picks at the very top of the draft are becoming less desirable because of the cost. Miami guaranteed Long about as much as Haynesworth got from Washington. It's an odd dichotomy.

Popps
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Wish this was public so I could see who is stupid enough to believe he's worth less than a 1st.

It is public, sport.

rbackfactory80
03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
If he was happy and this wasn't a mess then he would be worth more. Unfortunately we will probably have to settle for less then his true value because he has to leave Denver. We will get a late first rounder for him, no way the Lions give # 1 and no way we get 2 first round picks for him.

Needa Pass Rush
03-13-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll put it this way. Jay's value hasn't decreased since being drafted. Young and Leinart yes, but not Cutler.

Dedhed
03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Cutler was worth at least the #1 overall pick 2 weeks ago, but his value has come down a considerable amount since this all started.

OOJack
03-13-2009, 05:09 PM
wow

Broncomutt
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Is he worth a first? Right now, yes. Simply because he's been so over-hyped ever since he came in the league.

But the hype can't outpace his actual record forever. Nobody gets that luxury. By this time next year the answer will be no.

Having said that, Cutler will probably go out and win the MVP in '09 just to spite me. And I'd be cool with that.8')

27atwater
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
he's clearly worth a #1...If we traded w/detroit though, I wouldn't want 31 overall. Gimme their second #1, their #2, one of their #3s and a #2 in 2010. We'd still get 2 picks in the top 33, spend less money and have more tradable ammo for draft day or the future.

bombay
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
he's clearly worth a #1...If we traded w/detroit though, I wouldn't want 31 overall. Gimme their second #1, their #2, one of their #3s and a #2 in 2010. We'd still get 2 picks in the top 33, spend less money and have more tradable ammo for draft day or the future.

I like that.

NW Bolt Fan
03-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Was Jeff George worth a 1st?

db56
03-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Was Jeff George worth a 1st?

was Ryan Leaf?

NW Bolt Fan
03-13-2009, 08:04 PM
was Ryan Leaf?Cutler's not that bad!

Broncos_OTM
03-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Jay has taken a hit on his value. he is worth a first round pick and more. but teams will nit pick everything

God i hate drama.

BroncoBuff
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Taco isn't asking the right question.

What he should have asked (and I already asked on another thread) is... would Detroit give their #1

They'd be really really REALLY stupid if they wouldn't. Bit I guess the Lions are the Lions, after all. The #1 pick is TOTALLY worth it for Cutler, anybody says otherwise is just not a good judge of player value. Cutler has proven he can play in the league, at the most important position on the field, and that is no small achievement. Harrington couldn't do it, neither coukld Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, and of course VY and Leinart haven't.

Jay is SO VERY worth the overall #1 pick, it's not a realistic argument.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 11:24 PM

This is a *really* good point that you bring up. Would we even want their number one overall. Given this is a weak draft, I don't think we would. The quarterbacks in this draft are pretty well panned. BJ Raji is a good pick, but the value isn't there at the #1 overall spot. I agree. I think we'd be better off taking their #20 and working to get more lower round value from them however we can.

Popps
03-13-2009, 11:35 PM
This is a *really* good point that you bring up. Would we even want their number one overall. Given this is a weak draft, I don't think we would. The quarterbacks in this draft are pretty well panned. BJ Raji is a good pick, but the value isn't there at the #1 overall spot. I agree. I think we'd be better off taking their #20 and working to get more lower round value from them however we can.

That's exactly what I said in the other Detroit thread.

Get their 20 this year and their #1 next year, and that's it. So, they keep the #1 overall pick and get Cutler this year, and they could even trade out of #1 and get more picks this year or next year.

We'd have 12, 20 and two 1st rounders next year. That's huge.

That said, I'm not sure we could pull it off. Detroit has to know that next year's #1 could be a top 5 pick.

Popps
03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
We could throw in a third next year.

So, it would be Cutler and a 2010 3rd rounder for the #20 this year and their first round pick next year.

phisig150
03-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Voted yes. If we have to trade I'm down for Lions #20 and #33 and a pick next year. Sign Leftwich and let him and Simms compete. 12, 20, 33 and our 2nd all go to our D.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 11:40 PM
It makes me sick to talk about trading Cutler. I will never forgive Pat Bowlen if this actually happens.

phisig150
03-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah I know. Although I'm willing to give McDaniels a shot. I agree no one's untradeable but Cutler's pretty damn close. I would think an offensive guy like him would be salivating at a chance to work with a guy like Cutler. But on the flip side just my opinion Cutler does come off as a bit of a bitch in all of this. Curious how my boy Leinart would of panned out under Shanny.

HEAV
03-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Voted yes. If we have to trade I'm down for Lions #20 and #33 and a pick next year. Sign Leftwich and let him and Simms compete. 12, 20, 33 and our 2nd all go to our D.

Leftwich! The guy isn't mobile at all, even with the weight loss he's got slow feet and just can't move in the pocket.

If Jay is traded, the team would be better fit to bring in a Garcia,Boller,Grossman.

Broncos have a solid O-line...but not for a statue QB.

HEAV
03-13-2009, 11:47 PM
It makes me sick to talk about trading Cutler. I will never forgive Pat Bowlen if this actually happens.

Oh yea! Another gutless drunk thread! !Booya!

phisig150
03-13-2009, 11:49 PM
OK say we trade Jay. Stafford is gone. Sanchez most likely gone. Boller and Grossman blow and Garcia might finally be done. Leftwich looked good running the stellers o is all i'm saying. Bring him in for competition. Who else is still out there. Trint Green hahahahahaah. A guy like a Chad Pennington might be ideal. Not sure if there is one in free agency. So I'll gladly let puffy byron duke it out with the spleen.

Taco John
03-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh yea! Another gutless drunk thread! !Booya!

What do you think:

Return of Gutless Drunk

Bride of Gutless Drunk

Return to Gutless Drunk Mountain

Back to the Gutless Drunk

The Gutless Drunk Rides Again

Gutless Drunk Reloaded

The Next Gutless Drunk

Gutless Drunk II: The Next Day

Gutless Drunk Too

Gutless and Drunkerer

So many different ways to go...

Taco John
03-13-2009, 11:57 PM
OK say we trade Jay. Stafford is gone. Sanchez most likely gone. Boller and Grossman blow and Garcia might finally be done. Leftwich looked good running the stellers o is all i'm saying. Bring him in for competition. Who else is still out there. Trint Green hahahahahaah. A guy like a Chad Pennington might be ideal. Not sure if there is one in free agency. So I'll gladly let puffy byron duke it out with the spleen.

I was wondering about a trade with the Seahawks that would give us Hasselback and their #4 for Cutper. We should be able to get Raji at the four spot.

phisig150
03-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Still Gutless after all these years?

ZONA
03-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry Taco but your poll should have been "In your opinion, is Jay worth at least 2 first rounds picks". There is no doubt he's worth much more then just a single first rounder. I mean, I don't care how much he pouts or complains, you're talking about a proven pro-bowl caliber QB who can make any throw on the field versus NFL draft picks which haven't proven a damn thing. You never know which one will be a bust. So to compensate, you have to say he is worth 2 first round picks, one of those being a top 5 pick and the other a top 20 pick. Or, a top 10 pick and a proven pro-bowler at some other position.

And that's still a maybe. Finding a young super talented pro-bowl QB is not easy. Jay has alot of upside still. I don't think his Type 1 is a big deal now. We saw him put up pretty stellar numbers last year.

HEAV
03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Just doing some research on NFL trade history and came across this:

Jeff George was traded from Indianapolis, after four seasons, to the Falcons. Colts recieved a first- and third-round picks in the June draft and a second-round pick the following year.

Hogan11
03-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Just doing some research on NFL trade history and came across this:

Jeff George was traded from Indianapolis, after four seasons, to the Falcons. Colts recieved a first- and third-round picks in the June draft and a second-round pick the following year.

Seems fair to me.

Mogulseeker
03-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Doesn't look like there is.

Rock Chalk
03-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Depends on the situation. Market value is probably a mid first rounder but a desperate team needing a good QB he is worth a high first rounder or more.

Popps
03-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Doesn't look like there is.

There's not. He's obviously worth a first round pick.

No one ever doubted that.

Kaylore
03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
What do you think:

Return of Gutless Drunk

Bride of Gutless Drunk

Return to Gutless Drunk Mountain

Back to the Gutless Drunk

The Gutless Drunk Rides Again

Gutless Drunk Reloaded

The Next Gutless Drunk

Gutless Drunk II: The Next Day