PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Pro day

gyldenlove
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Both Brace and Raji impressed at their pro day.

Raji stood on his combine workout but repportedly looked excellent in position drills, Brace improved his 40 time quite a bit from the combine and also looked solid in position drills.

Some people are now saying Raji will be a top 5 pick and Brace could sneak into the bottom of round 1, maybe even ahead of Peria Jerry.

lookin' glass
03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Oh fudge.........

TheChamp24
03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Whoever takes Raji in the top 5 is going to have a bust on their hands. He isn't THAT good.

brncs_fan
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Whoever takes Raji in the top 5 is going to have a bust on their hands. He isn't THAT good.

He is Ellis v2.0. Solid but WAY overhyped.

Broncoman13
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
He is Ellis v2.0. Solid but WAY overhyped.

Ellis was right around 300# with similar triangle athetlicism numbers. Raji is closer to 330# with that athleticism! Big difference. The only concern with Raji is the one year wonder thing. I'd prefer somebody that was good over time...

Cecil Lammey
03-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't take Brace over Jerry. Having seen both up close at the Senior Bowl the biggest difference is their motor.

Brace gets too upright out of his stance, and too often would give up on a play if his first move didn't work.

Jerry just kept bringing the heat, play after play. He has that street fighter mentality that I love seeing in DL.

:2cents:

gyldenlove
03-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't take Brace over Jerry. Having seen both up close at the Senior Bowl the biggest difference is their motor.

Brace gets too upright out of his stance, and too often would give up on a play if his first move didn't work.

Jerry just kept bringing the heat, play after play. He has that street fighter mentality that I love seeing in DL.

:2cents:

Brace fits in many more systems than Jerry does. If I am running a system that either one fits in there is no doubt I would take Jerry, but he is limited to 1-gap systems.