PDA

View Full Version : I Would Kill for a Cup of Coffee

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:17 AM
But I can't drink anything. I got to go back to the damn hospital this morning and have my arm worked on so they have to put me under.

Reminds me of that crappy old 80's tune by a big hair band, where the lead singer is raspily croning "...you don't know what you have until it's gone, donno what you have until it's gone...."

Yah, I need some coffee...

vancejohnson82
03-13-2009, 07:19 AM
damn...that sucks dude...hold out just a little longer

btw, just downed my 3rd coffee

PaintballCLE
03-13-2009, 07:23 AM
just take some no-doze with a sip of water LOL

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:24 AM
damn...that sucks dude...hold out just a little longer

btw, just downed my 3rd coffee

Yah, I gotta have about 3 cups in the morning when I start working. It's kinda ritual but when there's no good coffee to drink, work just slows down.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:25 AM
just take some no-doze with a sip of water LOL

They'll probably never knock me out if I do that!Ha!

Swedish Extrovert
03-13-2009, 07:25 AM
I bet you Jay Cutler drinks coffee.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:29 AM

I bet your right.

Dagmar
03-13-2009, 07:30 AM

McDaniels made him do it!!!!

It's a trust thing you know.

Swedish Extrovert
03-13-2009, 08:07 AM
What kind of coffee do you drink?

I'm a black COFFEE guy... I like to find the darkest French roast, grind it into the finest powder possible, and put it through an espresso steamer... only one way to drink it, black.

I do like Latte's and the occasional Cafe Au Lait - but you never ruin it with sugar.

TonyR
03-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm a black guy...

What does race have to do with it?

And to quote the Beastie Boys, I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 08:10 AM

I'm a black guy... I like to find the darkest French roast, grind it into the finest powder possible, and put it through an espresso steamer... only one way to drink it, black.

I do like Latte's and the occasional Cafe Au Lait - but you never ruin it with sugar.

I dont see what race has to do with coffee preference???

I actually ran out of coffee at home on MONDAY morning :nono: Then I repeartedly forgot to buy more after work ALL week long. I managed to drag myself into work and drink coffee there but I cant imagine life with no coffee

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 08:10 AM
What does race have to do with it?

And to quote the Beastie Boys, I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

LOL you beat me to it ^5

Swedish Extrovert
03-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Hahaha... wtf? That was my bust ... I meant coffee... I'm a black COFFEE guy.

I'm Swedish/German/Scottish - not a hint of African-American in me.

no-pseudo-fan
03-13-2009, 08:12 AM
I like my coffee like I like my women

Handpicked by Juan Valdez

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Juan is a pimp extraordinaire! :pimp:

vancejohnson82
03-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Syracuse is going to need some coffee today

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-13-2009, 08:26 AM
But I can't drink anything. I got to go back to the damn hospital this morning and have my arm worked on so they have to put me under.

Reminds me of that crappy old 80's tune by a big hair band, where the lead singer is raspily croning "...you don't know what you have until it's gone, donno what you have until it's gone...."

Yah, I need some coffee...

/sips Tully's Italian Roast...

MMMMMMMM... Like a pint of blood.

ND Bronco Fan
03-13-2009, 09:28 AM

I concur, I like them black and hot!

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 09:29 AM
One good thing that came of my coffee shortage was I found that McD's actually makes a pretty damn good cup of Joe.

no-pseudo-fan
03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I concur, I like them black and hot!

I prefer cold and bitter

OABB
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
6 shots of espresso with a touch of foam....

mmmm mmm mmmmm.

I am expected to die in my fourties btw.

Arkie
03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
One good thing that came of my coffee shortage was I found that McD's actually makes a pretty damn good cup of Joe.

better than Starbucks

Arkie
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Consumer Reports says to make your own coffee and call it something special. But, the panel of coffee drinking experts concluded that if you are going to pay somebody else to brew you up a cup of joe, then McD's is the best. This is based on black coffee only.

McDonald's is decent and moderately strong. Although it lacked the subtle top notes needed to make it rise and shine, it had no flaws.

Starbucks is strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open.

OABB
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Consumer Reports says to make your own coffee and call it something special. But, the panel of coffee drinking experts concluded that if you are going to pay somebody else to brew you up a cup of joe, then McD's is the best. This is based on black coffee only.

McDonald's is

Starbucks is

How'd dunkin doughnuts do?

no-pseudo-fan
03-13-2009, 10:11 AM
McD's is good. I make my own coffee at my desk with my French Press, which sounds really gay. The coffee is great.

gunns
03-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Black with a little Splenda. Critical to being able to open my eyes wider than a slit in the morning. Have one after you are awake Tomb.

dbfan4life
03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
McDonalds has the new McCafe stuff - not bad and cheaper than Starbucks. I try making my own ice coffee from time to time - still a work in progress but getting better.

azbroncfan
03-13-2009, 10:35 AM

I'm a black COFFEE guy... I like to find the darkest French roast, grind it into the finest powder possible, and put it through an espresso steamer... only one way to drink it, black.

I agree. Once you go black you never go back they say. I just never understood why someone would drink a drink that you had to mask the taste with sugar and cream.

Swedish Extrovert
03-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I drink good coffee,
Every morning,
Comes from a place,
That's far away,

And when I'm done,
I feel like talkin'
Without you here,
There is less to say

Spider
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM

who knew masturbating could do damage to your arm ? ........... good luck ;D

Taco John
03-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Killing is bad, mmmmkay?

bombquixote
03-15-2009, 10:03 AM
McD's is good. I make my own coffee at my desk with my French Press, which sounds really gay. The coffee is great.

I'm queer like that, too, man. Peruvian fair trade, freshly ground, steeped for at least five minutes....That first sip as settle in behind my desk and kick on my computer is on of the best moments of my day, always.

I'm totally giving you gay rep.

Arkie
03-15-2009, 10:06 AM
How'd dunkin doughnuts do?

These prices and reviews are a couple years old.

McDonald's, $1.35, was decent and moderately strong. Although it lacked the subtle top notes needed to make it rise and shine, it had no flaws.

Burger King, $1.40, looked like coffee but tasted more like hot water. It was a little sour, with an unusual hint of chocolate.

Dunkin' Donuts, $1.65, was weak, watery, and pricier than Starbucks. It was inoffensive, but it had no oomph. (If you brew with Dunkin’ beans at home, you can make it stronger.)

Starbucks, $1.55, was strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open.

CR's take. Try McDonald’s, which was cheapest and best, or make your own coffee--just call it something special. The other three were all only OK, but for different reasons.

oubronco
03-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I hate Mcdaniels

Sassy
03-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Regular coffee: 1/2 and 1/2 (not milk) NO SUGAR!
Lattes: Nonfat and no flavors
Not big on the syrups...too sugary. But I will take a mocha on occassion (made with chocolate milk no syrup or ghirardelli's)

Good coffee! No crap!
McD's isn't bad...but for regular coffee my favorites are Cameron's and Millstone (with the occassional flavored coffee...but I'm very picky and usually make my own blend!)

oubronco
03-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I hate Mcdaniels

Sassy
03-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Starbucks, $1.55, was strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open.
This is true! I was told by a local coffee shop owner that the reason coffee is sometimes bitter is that they roast too big of a batch of beans. It's better when the beans are roasted in smaller batches, eliminating that "burnt" taste.

Swedish Extrovert
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Here's what I like:

Wicked Joe (Wicked French) - http://www.wickedjoe.com/
Boston Common Coffee (North End Blend) - http://www.bostoncommoncoffee.com/coffee_selections.html
Little Dog - http://www.brunswickdowntown.com/defaultmem.aspx?s=398

But I live in New England, so I don't know.

I think Startbucks has better coffee than Dunkin Doughnuts. DD uses that sumatara stuff, and it's usually weak. Starbucks is expensive, but the Ethiopian sidamo blend is pretty good.

Sassy
03-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Starbucks just sucks.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Starbucks just sucks.

Tell how you really feel Sassy. Don't sugar coat it...Hilarious!

Sassy
03-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Tell how you really feel Sassy. Don't sugar coat it...Hilarious!

No worries there...No sugar in my coffee :thumbsup: :rofl:
I like Dunn Brothers and Caribou.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Folgers Crystals baby!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGKJHpQkfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGKJHpQkfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sassy
03-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Folgers Crystals baby!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGKJHpQkfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGKJHpQkfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Absolutely disgusting...you call that good coffee? Hilarious!

JJJ
03-15-2009, 11:44 AM

Sugar in coffee just ain't right.

SureShot
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Absolutely disgusting...you call that good coffee? Hilarious!

Hey I don't have time for all that brewing nonsense, I'm a busy guy.ROFL!

NYBronco
03-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Wegman's Barrie House coffee.