PDA

View Full Version : Breath Rite Strips

Tankgunner95
03-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Well guys and gals im tired of talking about Jay and the Coach. SO my wife wanted me to try these damn breath right strips to stop the snoring. So I tried one last night no snoring and actually felt better this morning. Has anyone one else tried these if not maybe worth it.

Mogulseeker
03-13-2009, 05:58 AM
They dont work for me. I got them when I had a stuffed nose, but they wouldnt stick to my face.

socalorado
03-13-2009, 06:02 AM
They dont work for me. I got them when I had a stuffed nose, but they wouldnt stick to my face.

http://www.freewebs.com/ek67/papa-smurf.gif

I can see where there might be a problem

PRBronco
03-13-2009, 06:37 AM
I use them sometimes, not for snoring, but because I have a deviated septum and have trouble breathing through my nose at the best of times, especially when I'm asleep though. They provide a bit of a relief, more than I expected. Not as much as nasal decongestant though, but that stuff's like crack.

Oh and also omg jhey cutlar is in teh wr0ng, McX liek totally shud trade him fro teh hihg draft picks.
There, now it's a real post :)

Kaylore
03-13-2009, 06:51 AM
I used one and while they helped me breath and I woke up refreshed, they didn't stop my snoring, much to the chagrin of my wife.

broncofan7
03-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Nasal Decongestants are NOT like crack.....When used properly, they cause vaso constriction of blood veessels in the nasal cavitity thereby decreasing the 'leakage' that causes one to have that 'stuffy' feeling. Psuedoephedrine (the decongestant found behind the pharmacy counter)is turned into METH not crack by addicts and dealers.......Phenylephrine is not as long acting nor as potent and that is what is now largely found in the OTC decongestant products. Nasal spary decongestatnts work for a short period but should not be overused for more than 2-3 days or they cause rebound nasal congestion--regarding the Breathe-right strips--some people swear by them but a common complaint is their lack of adhesion.......

Kaylore
03-13-2009, 06:57 AM
If you're having trouble making them stick, wash your face with soap and warm water focusing particularly on your nose. If that still doesn't help, use a cotton swap with rubbing alcohol on your nose. If that doesn't work, you could have the wrong size. If you have the right size and they still don't stick, you're probably some kind of a mutant and government men will be kicking your door down soon to do experiments on your powers.

bronco militia
03-13-2009, 07:00 AM
If you're having trouble making them stick, wash your face with soap and warm water .

you should have stopped there...

Ha!

Mogulseeker
03-13-2009, 07:12 AM
you should have stopped there...

Ha!

I was 12 when I tried it... a free sample in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue when they first came out.

I'm 23 now, so maybe it will work. I don't want to tray it, though. I'd rather moisturize at night.

Rohirrim
03-13-2009, 07:21 AM
http://media.canada.com/canwest/143/rgreen.jpg

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:51 AM
http://media.canada.com/canwest/143/rgreen.jpg

Sometimes you just have to "make it work." :strong:

Crushaholic
03-13-2009, 08:25 AM
They are great. Like Kaylore said, I don't know if they stop the snoring. However, it makes me feel better that I'm trying...ROFL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Well guys and gals im tired of talking about Jay and the Coach. SO my wife wanted me to try these damn breath right strips to stop the snoring. So I tried one last night no snoring and actually felt better this morning. Has anyone one else tried these if not maybe worth it.

Yep. My girl made me buy some and now won't sleep in my bed if I don't wear one.

Broncofan_H
03-13-2009, 08:34 AM
My wife says they help with my snoring.

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2009, 08:46 AM
if you stick 'em on your arse, do they stop farts as well?

bowtown
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Nasal Decongestants are NOT like crack.....When used properly, they cause vaso constriction of blood veessels in the nasal cavitity thereby decreasing the 'leakage' that causes one to have that 'stuffy' feeling. Psuedoephedrine (the decongestant found behind the pharmacy counter)is turned into METH not crack by addicts and dealers.......Phenylephrine is not as long acting nor as potent and that is what is now largely found in the OTC decongestant products. Nasal spary decongestatnts work for a short period but should not be overused for more than 2-3 days or they cause rebound nasal congestion--regarding the Breathe-right strips--some people swear by them but a common complaint is their lack of adhesion.......

Great point... oh wait, no it wasn't.

vancejohnson82
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
so if I get a Breathe Rite strip, girls will want to sleep with me?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM

You may be beyond help, vj...

Rohirrim
03-13-2009, 09:03 AM

But only sleep.

bowtown
03-13-2009, 09:05 AM

Yes!*

*Results are not typical. Breathe Rite strips are only effective if combined with a new nose, a higher paying job, an apartment of your own, and the ability to hold a conversation with the opposite sex without the aid of 8+ drinks.

broncosteven
03-13-2009, 09:05 AM

We lived in FL when I was about 12 or 13. I was alergic to some grass or weed down there. We went to the ENT who told me to use the over counter decongestant when I couldnt breathe through my nose. So I did, every night. I went back a month later and he asked and I said I wasn't having trouble as long as I took the Decongestant at night both he and my mom flipped, she was buying them but didn't seem to think I was using it all the time.

No one told me to only use every couple of days.

I stopped, but had to ride my bike 4 miles to the Dr office every other week to get a shot which helped.

I hated Florida lucky we only stayed down there less than a year! That was the year Plunkett took the Raiders to the SB, I was not happy that year.

broncofan7
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
We lived in FL when I was about 12 or 13. I was alergic to some grass or weed down there. We went to the ENT who told me to use the over counter decongestant when I couldnt breathe through my nose. So I did, every night. I went back a month later and he asked and I said I wasn't having trouble as long as I took the Decongestant at night both he and my mom flipped, she was buying them but didn't seem to think I was using it all the time.

I stopped, but had to ride my bike 4 miles to the Dr office every other week to get a shot which helped.

I hated Florida lucky we only stayed down there less than a year! That was the year Plunkett took the Raiders to the SB, I was not happy that year.

The rebound congestion pertains only to the nasal sprays(AFRIN,etc)--don't use those for more than 72 hours straight. If you still wanted a nasal spray you can use a saline product called OCEAN. The oral decongestants are ok to take daily.........

vancejohnson82
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
You may be beyond help, vj...

You're going to tell Vance Johnson that he needs help with the ladies...

cmon guys, you obviously didnt see his interview on Oprah

broncosteven
03-13-2009, 09:19 AM
The rebound congestion pertains only to the nasal sprays(AFRIN,etc)--don't use those for more than 72 hours straight. If you still wanted a nasal spray you can use a saline product called OCEAN. The oral decongestants are ok to take daily.........

I moved away from FL 30 years ago. No problems since.

Rabb
03-13-2009, 09:21 AM
I swear by these things...I don't give a **** if I snore or not because I can't hear it but she complains less and I sleep better now

cabronco
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
The breathe rite strips worked pretty well, but didnt stop the snoring too much. Plus I was told I was stopping breathing in my sleep, which was prolly just Broncos defense flashbacks. After a sleep study ended up w/ a sleep apnea machine & mask. Sleep alot better throughout the night and dont feel the fatigue I once did.

Tankgunner95
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Remember Neil Smith nose strip, that was VERY NICE!! VERY NICE

PRBronco
03-13-2009, 12:13 PM

Haha, this is what I was getting at with the crack comment. I was like "hey it works, I'll use it tomorrow too!",,,, "This stuff is great, I'm like a normal person now!"...."OMFG MY NOSE IS JUST PAINTED ON AND DOES NOTHING"

Pony Boy
03-13-2009, 12:13 PM
I swear by them. Use an alcohol pad to clean the bridge of you nose before you apply it. I would wear one all day long if I could get away with it. When you get up in the morning and take it off you will feel the difference and want to put one back on. You will understand why the players wear them in the game, you definitely increase the air intake. If I could get them with the Bronco logo, I would never take it off.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.orangemane.com/BB/<o:p></o:p>