PDA

View Full Version : Just got Done watching Gran Torino

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
And I hate that movie ........... I will never watch it again .........
Gran Torino........The Shootist .... Cowboys

Popps
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
How does this relate to the Jay Cutler saga? I don't get it.

ludo21
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Really? I thought it was really good.

What didnt you like about it?

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
How does this relate to the Jay Cutler saga? I don't get it.

LOL ..... Speaking of that ........... Whats the word On Cutler ?

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Really? I thought it was really good.

What didnt you like about it?

Same reasons why I wont watch the Shootist and the Cowboys .... Wayne , Eastwood , Mitchum , Dean Martin , Robert Conrad , Chuck Connors ,James Garner these guys were my Heroes growing up ...

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
See My Ole man was just like these guys I listed , I always thought this was how men behaved , We kicked ass, Partied , did the what ever job had to be done ..... someone gives you lip , you give em knuckles .........

worm
03-12-2009, 10:32 PM
See My Ole man was just like these guys I listed , I always thought this was how men behaved , We kicked ass, Partied , did the what ever job had to be done ..... someone gives you lip , you give em knuckles .........

I dare you to knock it off.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-12-2009, 10:35 PM
actually I loved that movie. and I'm asian.

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I dare you to knock it off.

;D when he was filming Centennial he cleaned out a bar In Kersey Colorado .. Conrad was a pretty good scrapper

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:39 PM

Nationality has nothing to do with why I dislike the movie .........I am Irish and American Indian ........

Miss I.
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I actually liked the movie. His character reminded me of my grandfather who was let's just say colorful in similar ways.

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I actually liked the movie. His character reminded me of my grandfather who was let's just say colorful in similar ways.

;D My Grandmother will be 100 this year

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Nationality has nothing to do with why I dislike the movie .........I am Irish and American Indian ........

I'm just saying that there were a lot of asian slurs. I mean a lot. And I still found his character to be applying, almost admirable.

Spider
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm just saying that there were a lot of asian slurs. I mean a lot. And I still found his character to be applying, almost admirable.

;D yeah there was alot of that , I liked his role in the movie , just could have done without the ending.. I wanted that Asian Kid to become just like him , but what that gang did to that girl ......... uggggg they got off easy going to prison .........

baja
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
There were some really good scenes in that movie but as a whole it had no real flow. The bad guys were preposterous. The story flat and unbelievable. They movie was over thought.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
;D yeah there was alot of that , I liked his role in the movie , just could have done without the ending

Come on that was the best part of the movie.

baja
03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Come on that was the best part of the movie.
Ya the ending was good, unrealistic put good anyway.

Punisher
03-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Ya the ending was good, unrealistic put good anyway.

I have to disagree there the ending was realistic what do you want the guy to do go all Wild wild west on them.It was a good ending

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I have to disagree there the ending was realistic what do you want the guy to do go all Wild wild west on them.It was a good ending

If I could choose a way to end it all. That would be 1 of my choices.

Punisher
03-12-2009, 11:44 PM
If I could choose a way to end it all. That would be 1 of my choices.

Yea it would of been nice to see that but its a better ending like that because it was realistic.

Spider
03-13-2009, 04:14 AM

Not so much him going wild west , as the Cousin and the Brother .........The Cousin should have turned

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 06:35 AM
It is a great movie, I really liked it. I also think The Wrestler is an even better movie. Both have a similar theme in that both main characters are disenfranchised with their family and find acceptance in strangers (the Asian family for Gran Torino and the fans of professional wrestling for The Wrestler).

Both movies are great and show how a good story being told by great actors is light years better than special effects and action crap (Watchmen sucks, don't bother with that crap).

MileHighMagic
03-13-2009, 06:41 AM
Good but overrated.

vancejohnson82
03-13-2009, 06:44 AM
thats the point though...he did the unexpected and revealed the protagonist change

god, Film 101

Mogulseeker
03-13-2009, 07:17 AM
I saw that movie with a Filipina ... her idea. She said that movie pissed her off because it reminded her way too much of growing up. (She's in the Navy here in Maine, originally from Oakland.)

Clint Eastwood is a badass.

baja
03-13-2009, 07:28 AM

I liked the idea but the guys unloading on him that way was unrealistic and too much of a stretch for me. I don't like movies that have to ask for too much poetic license in order to work.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 07:34 AM
I liked the idea but the guys unloading on him that way was unrealistic and too much of a stretch for me. I don't like movies that have to ask for too much poetic license in order to work.

I think that was kinda the whole point, that is, all the dudes in the house with uzis and semi autos were escalating the fight to the point of obsurdity.

Northman
03-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Not so much him going wild west , as the Cousin and the Brother .........The Cousin should have turned

Well, he almost did had Eastwood not locked him away. I think that was the general point of the movie was that he didnt want the young boy to become like the others.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
It is a great movie, I really liked it. I also think The Wrestler is an even better movie. Both have a similar theme in that both main characters are disenfranchised with their family and find acceptance in strangers (the Asian family for Gran Torino and the fans of professional wrestling for The Wrestler).

Both movies are great and show how a good story being told by great actors is light years better than special effects and action crap (Watchmen sucks, don't bother with that crap).

What? I thought that was the best movie of at least the past 2 years.

Northman
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Watchmen was pretty good. But then again its mostly a thinking man's movie rather than the regular Spiderman/Hulk/Batman type of movie.

baja
03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I think that was kinda the whole point, that is, all the dudes in the house with uzis and semi autos were escalating the fight to the point of obsurdity.

I guess what didn't sit with me was at times the movie played it straight (Real life) and at times they went all Tarantino. I wanted one or the other.

Don't get me wrong over all I liked the movie but with a little effort it could have been much better. If Pulp Fiction was a 10 GT would be a 6.

OABB
03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Gran torino is flat out one of the best films I have ever seen. To not like the ending is actually missing the entire point of the story...

Let's see, he sacrifices his life to free toad....when he dies, he's in an awkward position....legs together, hands out long to each side....in the shape of a cross....are we getting the symbolism yet....

absolutely wonderful movie.

baja
03-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Gran torino is flat out one of the best films I have ever seen. To not like the ending is actually missing the entire point of the story...

Let's see, he sacrifices his life to free toad....when he dies, he's in an awkward position....legs together, hands out long to each side....in the shape of a cross....are we getting the symbolism yet....

absolutely wonderful movie.

Gee you're so smart....

I think everyone "gets it" My take is it could have been much better with not a lot of effort.

This movie needed better editing and Eastwood's normal A direction was a C+

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
What? I thought that was the best movie of at least the past 2 years.

I found it interesting at times (Rorschack character is good) but I'm sorry, it was boring. Also, I don't need to see a nekid guy walking around for two hours.

OABB
03-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Gee you're so smart....

I think everyone "gets it" My take is it could have been much better with not a lot of effort.

This movie needed better editing and Eastwood's normal A direction was a C+

lol! wasn't talking to you, sweetheart. The only problem I had with this movie, was that the kid who played toad was such a terrible terrible actor.

As far as editing, what exactly do you mean "better editing"? Be specific.

I have tried to talk to you before and I know how you get, so please, just be specific and we will get through this together.

baja
03-13-2009, 10:14 AM
lol! wasn't talking to you, sweetheart. The only problem I had with this movie, was that the kid who played toad was such a terrible terrible actor.

As far as editing, what exactly do you mean "better editing"? Be specific.

I have tried to talk to you before and I know how you get, so please, just be specific and we will get through this together.

LOL How do I get? Were you being condescending, I hate condescending! ;D

The car stealing scene comes to mind also the freezer moving scene. What I mean is Eastwood's character was an inconsistent personality.

BroncoInferno
03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Damn, I loved that movie. Eastwood growling at everyone and kicking gangster ass. The ending was a little overplayed though with him in that Jesus pose, but I thought it fit.

OABB
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
LOL How do I get? Were you being condescending, I hate condescending! ;D

The car stealing scene comes to mind also the freezer moving scene. What I mean is Eastwood's character was an inconsistent personality.

How was he inconsistent? He seemed to me to be very consistent. He opened up to the kid, because the kid was respectful. That's why he changed.

and yes I was being condescending.

baja
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
How was he inconsistent? He seemed to me to be very consistent. He opened up to the kid, because the kid was respectful. That's why he changed.

<b>and yes I was being condescending.

Well that's not nice...

OABB
03-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Well that's not nice...

you know where nice guys finish.....

baja
03-13-2009, 11:05 AM
In the game???

Pontius Pirate
03-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Gran Torino was great. Not Best Picture great, but still great.

Spider
03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
No , I wasnt talking about how he was positioned after he fell , I am talking about dying ......... Just like the shootist , John Wayne was dying of Cancer , Eastwood was coughing up blood , both were almost on their deathbeds , both went out on their terms , but that doesnt mean I have to like watching my Heroes die .........

Bronx33
03-15-2009, 12:03 PM
And I hate that movie ........... I will never watch it again .........
Gran Torino........The Shootist .... Cowboys

I heard it ended stupid.

Spider
03-15-2009, 12:06 PM
I heard it ended stupid.

Yeah I wasnt to wild about it ........ I just just as pissed when the Asian girl got beat and raped , she was cool as hell ....... I saw Rambo the final one also , now that movie kicked ass , and I got all caught up in it , called the main bad guy in the film a C**k Sucker ,out loud and wanted to kill him myself ........

Spider
03-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Man when the bad guys were killing those babies in that village , I wanted to get up and leave, but I couldnt , if the actor had been sitting next to me while watching that , I would have decked him right there on the spot , the acting and special effects was that good ..........

spdirty
03-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I thought it was a damn good movie. Wouldve been more satisfied to see Eastwood pull an Unforgiven scene on the gangsters then kick the cancers ass but you could see where it was going once he started coughing up blood.

spdirty
03-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Man when the bad guys were killing those babies in that village , I wanted to get up and leave, but I couldnt , if the actor had been sitting next to me while watching that , I would have decked him right there on the spot , the acting and special effects was that good ..........

LOL

Don Flamenco
03-15-2009, 12:19 PM

What does that have to do with the movie?

Spider
03-15-2009, 12:22 PM
LOL

;D I was so pissed off during that movie , people were moving away from me ,But I wasnt the only one pissed , several others were mumbling the same stuff I was ........... Best part of the entire movie was when the Mercenary Sniper started cutting loose , the main bad guy was on the run saying oh **** , oh **** , then he ran into rambo ......... and the ending was excellent ........... Best Rambo produced , and I wasnt a Rambo fan to begin with ;D

Northman
03-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah I wasnt to wild about it ........ I just just as pissed when the Asian girl got beat and raped , she was cool as hell ....... I saw Rambo the final one also , now that movie kicked ass , and I got all caught up in it , called the main bad guy in the film a C**k Sucker ,out loud and wanted to kill him myself ........

The last Rambo was indeed very awesome. They didnt hold anything back there. That last scene of mayhem is one of the best ive seen in a long time.

spdirty
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
;D I was so pissed off during that movie , people were moving away from me ,But I wasnt the only one pissed , several others were mumbling the same stuff I was ........... Best part of the entire movie was when the Mercenary Sniper started cutting loose , the main bad guy was on the run saying oh **** , oh **** , then he ran into rambo ......... and the ending was excellent ........... Best Rambo produced , and I wasnt a Rambo fan to begin with ;D

LOL I didnt really get pissed at the movie, everything that was ****ed up that was going on, I was just like "yeah you bitches just wait till my favorite Republcan finds out about this shlt. Y'all are dead meat."

Only times I really get pissed is when my favorite person from survivor gets voted out or when they don't let Jack Bauer torture bad guys.

Spider
03-15-2009, 02:04 PM
The last Rambo was indeed very awesome. They didnt hold anything back there. That last scene of mayhem is one of the best ive seen in a long time.
;D I heard they are working o na Rambo 5 , but it wont be a war movie .......I doubt it will be as good as the last Rambo ....... I still love that line Rambo says .. if you boys want to shoot , now is the time ;D

Spider
03-15-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL I didnt really get pissed at the movie, everything that was ****ed up that was going on, I was just like "yeah you b****es just wait till my favorite Republcan finds out about this shlt. Y'all are dead meat."

Only times I really get pissed is when my favorite person from survivor gets voted out or when they don't let Jack Bauer torture bad guys.

LOL I havent seen 1 episode of either of those tv shows