PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Broncos Boys & Girls Club Youth of the Year Dinner

montrose
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
A little off topic I suppose, but it was a great evening headed by Tom Graham giving an awesome speech to the kids on behalf of his son's foundation. It was really exciting to see so many young people who could easily be led astray growing up in Montbello that are headed towards success thanks to the club and the Broncos. As a PR guy I know that these are the types of things that all teams do to reach out to their community, but in the time I've been volunteering there it's apparent the Broncos genuinely care about the club (in fact, they're the only NFL team to sponsor a Boys & Girls Club). Sitting in the D-Will Center with kids who could easily be getting involved in gangs, drugs, etc. - I was so happy as I'm sure D-Will was looking down on all of the kids with joy.

Obviously they'll probably never read this but I wish I could throw a special thank you to the Broncos most active at the club - Daniel Graham, Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil. Anyhow, with so much negativity going on with the Cutler-situation, I just wanted to pass along the positive word to Broncos fans. Tonight, I'm damn proud to be a Broncos fan.

Man-Goblin
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Hear, hear! Good to know.

SureShot
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Did Brandon eat any of the kids?:~ohyah!:

Dan Graham rules!

Popps
03-13-2009, 12:53 AM

Nah. I think he smacked a couple of the girls around, but the cops got there in time to break it up.

Popps
03-13-2009, 12:53 AM
On the serious side, very cool Montrose. Sounds like a great situation.

BroncoMan4ever
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM

Dan Graham rules!

Marshall is still rehabbing that arm and babies have stem cells. it is a necessary part of his diet.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2009, 09:26 AM
A little off topic I suppose, but it was a great evening headed by Tom Graham giving an awesome speech to the kids on behalf of his son's foundation. It was really exciting to see so many young people who could easily be led astray growing up in Montbello that are headed towards success thanks to the club and the Broncos. As a PR guy I know that these are the types of things that all teams do to reach out to their community, but in the time I've been volunteering there it's apparent the Broncos genuinely care about the club (in fact, they're the only NFL team to sponsor a Boys & Girls Club). Sitting in the D-Will Center with kids who could easily be getting involved in gangs, drugs, etc. - I was so happy as I'm sure D-Will was looking down on all of the kids with joy.

Obviously they'll probably never read this but I wish I could throw a special thank you to the Broncos most active at the club - Daniel Graham, Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil. Anyhow, with so much negativity going on with the Cutler-situation, I just wanted to pass along the positive word to Broncos fans. Tonight, I'm damn proud to be a Broncos fan.

Very cool. Good for the Broncos players and the organization. Makes me proud to be a Broncos fan.