PDA

View Full Version : Malcom Jenkins to work out for Broncos Next Week

SouthStndJunkie
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
BRONCOS TO WORK OUT JENKINS NEXT WEEK

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2009, 9:38 p.m. EDT

With Champ Bailey entering his eleventh NFL season, the Denver Broncos could be making plans for life without him.

According to Albert Breer of SportingNews.com, the Broncos will conduct a private workout of Ohio State cornerback Malcom Jenkins next Friday in Columbus, Ohio.

Jenkins generated a slower-than-expected 40-yard dash at the Combine, which could cause him to slide. On Friday, Jenkins undoubtedly will run again at Ohio State’s Pro Day workout.

ludo21
03-12-2009, 08:03 PM
i hope he slides to us, this would be a great pick since word is he might play safety at the next level.

oubronco
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't mind one bit, but I'm sure it's smokescreen material

Broncos_OTM
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't mind one bit, but I'm sure it's smokescreen material

It's all cloak and dagger they could be scouting him for another team. they could be looking at him for themselves. Interesting though, i wonder where they would play him S or CB

SouthStndJunkie
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
If Malcom Jenkins fell to 12, I would be more than happy to see the Broncos draft him.

Kaylore
03-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I'd like Jenkins too.

SouthStndJunkie
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd like Jenkins too.

If there is a stud front seven player left at 12, I am all for taking them....but I would rather take Jenkins at 12 than reach for a front seven player.

It's not like it still does not fill a need for us.

oubronco
03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I totally agree and it's not like our DB's are young so this could be a good fit

ColoradoBuff
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm all aboard the Jenkins train!

ohiobronco2
03-20-2009, 06:47 AM
If Malcom Jenkins fell to 12, I would be more than happy to see the Broncos draft him.

Are you becoming a OSU fan. ;D Just joking. Of course we are all for whatever makes the team better.

lex
03-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Id rather pass on Jenkins.

ohiobronco2
03-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Id rather pass on Jenkins.

He's a good football player. Just don't know if he is a big enough need and if the 12 pick is the right value for what we need. If that makes any sense.

lex
03-20-2009, 07:08 AM
He's a good football player. Just don't know if he is a big enough need and if the 12 pick is the right value for what we need. If that makes any sense.

Yeah, Id rather get a NT, a rush LB, an ILB, or even a RB than go this route. He would have value if we were already more solid upfront. BTW, I also see him more as a safety and he hasnt really even played safety.

ohiobronco2
03-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Yeah, Id rather get a NT, a rush LB, an ILB, or even a RB than go this route. He would have value if we were already more solid upfront. BTW, I also see him more as a safety and he hasnt really even played safety.

The problem with NT, if we don't get Raji in the first, nobody else is worthy of that selection. There are a few LBers worth that pick, but once again, nobody really leaps out at you. Wells is a good football player, but isn't the greatest need. We've signed 3-4 RB's this off season.

lex
03-20-2009, 07:17 AM
The problem with NT, if we don't get Raji in the first, nobody else is worthy of that selection. There are a few LBers worth that pick, but once again, nobody really leaps out at you. Wells is a good football player, but isn't the greatest need. We've signed 3-4 RB's this off season.

Plus NT often take time to adapt. But I would rather take Sintim than Jackson. I realize we signed a lot of RBs but they only make us marginally better if they do at all. I realize we wont likely take Wells but it is a pick that you are most likely going to get production from off the bat. And one thing that is making that pick appeal to me more again is seeing this Cutler drama. As a way of hedging our bets, I wouldnt mind improving the running game in case things go awry in the passing game.

ohiobronco2
03-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Plus NT often take time to adapt. But I would rather take Sintim than Jackson. I realize we signed a lot of RBs but they only make us marginally better if they do at all. I realize we wont likely take Wells but it is a pick that you are most likely going to get production from off the bat. And one thing that is making that pick appeal to me more again is seeing this Cutler drama. As a way of hedging our bets, I wouldnt mind improving the running game in case things go awry in the passing game.

Well if anything, this offseason has been unpredictable. Who would have thought one of the best young QBs in the game would be the subject of trade rumors. Watch us go all Offense in the draft. McDaniels wanted his guy at QB and made a move for him. Who is to say he is not happy with our other guys on O and will make a move in the draft. I'd laugh and cry at the same time. If we end up with a mediocre QB (Simms or anybody else we may get in a trade for Jay) we may go get Wells to get a solid ground game.