PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to South Padre?

Br0nc0Buster
03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I am going with a group for spring break.

I have never been there before and am trying to get some opinions about things to do.

What do I need to know about South Padre?
What places do we need to hit up?
What to avoid?
etc...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

bombay
03-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't forget the latex.

Requiem
03-12-2009, 07:19 PM
I have eight friends there right now who are getting trashed ****ing constantly and say thousands go to the beach (10 to 15) a day and just pass the **** out. That's about all I know. Have a good time. Get laid.

OBF1
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
You selfish bastard, We as fans are in the middle of a crisis with our head coach and our hall of fame QB and all you can do is think of yourself. Shame on you...you fake fan :)

theAPAOps5
03-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I have heard people were staying away from there because of the mexican drug cartel violence.

Not trying to scare you just be careful with how much you drink and your surroundings.

Requiem
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Apa, that is why you go. Get the weed. Get the yayo. In South Padre, you get yola for little dola.

Br0nc0Buster
03-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I have heard people were staying away from there because of the mexican drug cartel violence.

Not trying to scare you just be careful with how much you drink and your surroundings.

It is a concern, which is why we will try to stay together and avoid certain areas

theAPAOps5
Dude I know why you go. But the drug cartel has gotten crazy violent lately. Just want another OManer to be careful is all.

Requiem
If it was me going you'd tell me to pack heat and blow away the Meximeat. Don't you say otherwise either!

theAPAOps5
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
If it was me going you'd tell me to pack heat and blow away the Meximeat. Don't you say otherwise either!

No I would say good riddance............:twokisses

Requiem
03-12-2009, 07:32 PM
No I would say good riddance............:twokisses

You've officially hit Sassy level. ROFL!

theAPAOps5
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh **** no...... :nono:

Sassy
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Dude I know why you go. But the drug cartel has gotten crazy violent lately. Just want another OManer to be careful is all.

My co-worker just got back from there!

theAPAOps5
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Really, its surprising because on the local news they are making it sound like a ghost town down there.

jayman_37
03-12-2009, 07:53 PM
tequila frogs was a good time when I went. They had these huge cups that you could buy that had a lot of liquor and it was relatively cheap. Have fun man, that was the best spring break trip I have ever taken.

broncosteven
03-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I have eight friends there right now who are getting trashed ****ing constantly and say thousands go to the beach (10 to 15) a day and just pass the **** out. That's about all I know. Have a good time. Get laid.

Is your friend Travis Henry?

Sassy
03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Is your friend Travis Henry?

ROFL! :spit:

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
I went there several years ago. One word AWESOME. I remember beer sales was weird dont remember what it was but I think you can only buy beer warm and at the grocery store. Its been awhile but I do know there was something odd about that.

Also check out Port Aransas (not sure that is spelled right) its a cool little island off the coast around there.

Also get to the fishing docks when the shrimp boats are coming in and you can buy a **** load of shrimp cheap as hell.

Rock Chalk
03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I am going with a group for spring break.

I have never been there before and am trying to get some opinions about things to do.

What do I need to know about South Padre?
What places do we need to hit up?
What to avoid?
etc...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dont pee on the beach. Find yourself on the sexual predator list for indecent exposure. They dont **** around on South Padre.

tsiguy96
03-13-2009, 09:38 AM
im leaving for panama city beach tonight, should be ****ing ridiculous. have 5 handles of liquor in my car waiting for us :)

supermanhr9
03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
I have been there twice over the fourth of July, total awesome place. All the bars are walking distance (as long as your not on the very north of the island. Girls are great, the water is beautiful, however I have not been there since all this violent crap has been going on, so I couldn't tell ya. The bars are all outside for the most part. I will tell you one thing, don't try to sneak a flask in, they do not like that.

I knwo I cancelled my trip to rocky-point this summer because of all the crime though, so let us know how it really is down there?

nickademus
03-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Look Sout Padre is not in the center of the violence like Juarez and TJ and some of the border towns in AZ there are still going to be a **** load of college kids down there gettin crazy. Stay together if you meet a girl take her to your hotel and try not to pass out on the beach. Bring protection and have a good time!

theAPAOps5
03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
im leaving for panama city beach tonight, should be ****ing ridiculous. have 5 handles of liquor in my car waiting for us :)

Ah the redneck riviera! Have fun!

theAPAOps5
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Look Sout Padre is not in the center of the violence like Juarez and TJ and some of the border towns in AZ there are still going to be a **** load of college kids down there gettin crazy. Stay together if you meet a girl take her to your hotel and try not to pass out on the beach. Bring protection and have a good time!

Yeah I should have clarified. I just have read several stories about the drop in attendance at South Padre. But its still a lot safer than the majority of other border towns.

El Guapo
03-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Um, south padre is in Texas.

Anyway, when some buddies and I went a few years back one of my friends thought he was hooking up with a hot asian chick. Ends up she made him think so and then took him dancing. She jacked his wallet and left him high and dry. ROFL!

Pontius Pirate
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM
South Padre sucks balls. When I was there it rained constantly (over spring break) and there was only like two bars that everyone went to.

Beyond that, the frat guys are the biggest tools I have ever seen. I was in a fraternity too, but I mean god - these guys plant their fraternity flags in the sand and wear the letters on their chest like it's a badge of honor. Bro-mosexuals, all of them

As for the chicks, well, they are okay if you like Brownsville heifers and A&M white trash.

LonghornBronco
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Stay out of Madamourez sp? Me and a buddy got jumped by a gang. Also nothing there but thugs and highschool kids.

azbroncfan
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Have fun and don't forget your affliction shirts. :)

Rock Chalk
03-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Dont pee on the beach. Find yourself on the sexual predator list for indecent exposure. They dont **** around on South Padre.

For the record, Im not on the sexual predator list as Ive only been arrested for: Traffic tickets, DWI, possession of narcotic paraphenalia, possession of drug paraphenalia, criminal trespessaing, possession of stolen property.

Apa queried if I was actualy on the list after this post and I wanted to clarify. I have never peed on the beech, I usually just went into the ocean to pee but I know about 15 people that have been arrested for that and you do get put on that infamous list.

tsiguy96
03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Have fun and don't forget your affliction shirts. :)

i am bringing one of them :welcome:

theAPAOps5
03-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Um, south padre is in Texas.

Anyway, when some buddies and I went a few years back one of my friends thought he was hooking up with a hot asian chick. Ends up she made him think so and then took him dancing. She jacked his wallet and left him high and dry. ROFL!

I know South Padre is in Texas but if you use an Atlas you can see how close it is to Mexico :nono: and the cartel action has carried over to the general area. Again just a report I read.

theAPAOps5
03-13-2009, 03:16 PM
For the record, Im not on the sexual predator list as Ive only been arrested for: Traffic tickets, DWI, possession of narcotic paraphenalia, possession of drug paraphenalia, criminal trespessaing, possession of stolen property.

Apa queried if I was actualy on the list after this post and I wanted to clarify. I have never peed on the beech, I usually just went into the ocean to pee but I know about 15 people that have been arrested for that and you do get put on that infamous list.

I was shocked when you said that. That is a bit ridiculous and thats why I asked.

Pontius Pirate
03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Stay out of Madamourez sp? Me and a buddy got jumped by a gang. Also nothing there but thugs and highschool kids.

Matamoros. Better yet, stay out of any Mexican bordertown right now - there is a war going on between the cartel and the Mexican govt.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-13-2009, 05:34 PM

Haven't heard of much drug violence in that part of the region. I've been down there (Nuevo Progresso) many times.
South Padre still ranked in the top 3 Spring Break locales.

theAPAOps5
03-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Haven't heard of much drug violence in that part of the region. I've been down there (Nuevo Progresso) many times.
South Padre still ranked in the top 3 Spring Break locales.

ok thanks for the update, disregard my concern