PDA

View Full Version : Titans Announcer Mike Keith on Cutler, Simms

montrose
03-12-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f362ba

Broncoman13
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm not afraid to go at it with Chris Simms. ;D

Anybody ready to go to camp with Simms as the starter?

broncosteven
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Too bad we may never know just how good Cutler could have been here.

Sims would be perfect for a new regeime in rebuilding mode. He will want to do everything they ask and he may do Ok.

Time will tell.

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2009, 01:29 PM
with this offensive line, simms would be on his way up in this league, IMO. will he be as good as cutler? all things being equal, the jury's still out but my gut (which simms had removed, i believe) says he won't be.

keep cutler if his head and heart are in it for the broncos. if not, cut bait and use simms as a bridge to a guy like stafford.

theAPAOps5
03-12-2009, 01:29 PM

Sims would be perfect for a new regeime in rebuilding mode. He will want to do everything they ask and he may do Ok.

Time will tell.

I can't see the video you are talking like Cutler is leaving?

OBF1
03-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I do not see where we are getting rid of Jay per his interview

cutthemdown
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Time will tell.

Cmon Mr optimist. Is someone having a rough week? If Mcnabb can stay in Philly after what he has been put through I'd say Cutler can toughen up and play for the Broncos.

Smiling Assassin27
I do not see where we are getting rid of Jay per his interview

no, the hypothetical was posed on whether simms could be productive should jay be traded.

ludo21
Yeah!

Jay = Simms ::)

Seems everyone has something to say about this situation these days when they know nothing of whats really going on.

Popps
This interview is just a coach saying pretty positive things about both guys. Sounds like he doesn't want to get involved in the controversy.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Who ever thought we'd be talking about freaking Simms as our starting QB in 09. /puke

2KBack
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I like Simms

USMCBladerunner
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I sure hope Simms isn't starting next season. He's not as good as Jay, though what he lacks in spleen he makes up for in pancreas.

HILife
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I can't see the video, but based on what y'all said. I'd rather have Cutler.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I saw that interview last night or this morning but I did like what that guy had to say about Simms. Really talked up his desire and will to fight his way back into the league. Said he looked really good in practice by the end of the year.

Question if his **** didnt stink why is he not on their roster???

Enough said.

NYBronco
03-12-2009, 01:53 PM
If McDaniels can transform Cassel into an NFL million dollar starting QB I like our chances with either Cutler or Simms. The egos have to go and this means McDaniels as well.

BroncoBuff
03-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Question if his **** didnt stink why is he not on their roster??? Enough said.
Exactly. And why did Gruden - noted quarterback lover - let him go so easy? And why did he have a somewhat tough time hooking up with a team last year?

I'm actually pretty jazzed he is our backup ... he's prolly better than Ramsey, and definitely better than BVP. But let's not confuse Simms with a guy who'll lead us to 12 wins just yet.

cmhargrove
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Who ever thought we'd be talking about freaking Simms as our starting QB in 09. /puke

I want Cutler to be our starting Qb, and I think he is much better than Simms, but....

At least Simms has taken a team to the playoffs. Just sayin' - it's not like he doesn't have talent, he's just not as talented as Cutler.

But, neither is Philip Rivers, and once again - Philip has been much more successful than Jay.

Kaylore
03-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Simms can't hold Jay's jock in terms of talent. If he was anything like his Dad though, McDaniels would be schmoozing all over him. That's exactly the kind of player this type of system likes.

supermanhr9
03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Exactly. And why did Gruden - noted quarterback lover - let him go so easy? And why did he have a somewhat tough time hooking up with a team last year?

I'm actually pretty jazzed he is our backup ... he's prolly better than Ramsey, and definitely better than BVP. But let's not confuse Simms with a guy who'll lead us to 12 wins just yet.

agreed to a point, now I'm a CU fan over CSU,,, (however my true college team is Notre Dame.... i know let the jokes fly) and I used to watch BVP single handedly keep them in games and even beat CU. The guy always struck me as a pissed off dude that hates being told he can't do something and lives to win. I really did like him when he was w/ the broncos and thought he might be a champ one day, but anyways,,,,,, I am totally off the Cutler Band wagon because of all this crap and him even thinking about not showing up Monday. And if he doesn't show up Monday, than put in Simms, and sit Cutler for the year. Don't even trade his ass, Keep him and sit him. Teach the baby a lesson if he doesn't show,,,, can I get a amen?

Smiling Assassin27

The guy lost a spleen. I'm sure major surgeries like that take considerable recovery time, much like ACL's and Tommy John surgeries. This will be his second year back from it, so we should see marked improvements. Still, I'd like to see Jay get a chance to study up and run the offense before I put Simms in there.

rugbythug

Gruden is a QB Collector but not lover. He was a dick to Garcia. He also was a total Jerk to Simms after his spleen injury and would not release him or let him compete for the QB Job. It was actually really strange.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
with this offensive line, simms would be on his way up in this league, IMO. will he be as good as cutler? all things being equal, the jury's still out but my gut (which simms had removed, i believe) says he won't be.

keep cutler if his head and heart are in it for the broncos. if not, cut bait and use simms as a bridge to a guy like stafford.

I dont get the trade Jay to draft Stafford logic. It makes ZERO sense. If you are gonna draft a 1st rounder, make the proven 1st rounder, thats already on your roster, play! If you trade Jay for a few pics, go with Simms, build the D, draft a QB in the mid rounds (whom JOsh feels he can coach up)

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I dont get the trade Jay to draft Stafford logic. It makes ZERO sense. If you are gonna draft a 1st rounder, make the proven 1st rounder, thats already on your roster, play! If you trade Jay for a few pics, go with Simms, build the D, draft a QB in the mid rounds (whom JOsh feels he can coach up)

If you have a qb who will pout and resent the fact that he's a Denver Bronco, you can force him to play but expect a poor performance. Plus, I didn't say it had to be Stafford, but rather a guy LIKE Stafford. I see your point, and realize Brady and Cassell are both late round picks.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2009, 02:18 PM
If you have a qb who will pout and resent the fact that he's a Denver Bronco, you can force him to play but expect a poor performance. Plus, I didn't say it had to be Stafford, but rather a guy LIKE Stafford. I see your point, and realize Brady and Cassell are both late round picks.

It makes no sense for Jay to play bad. 1) He's a competitor 2) to paraphrase a line from "Little Big League" (of all things) "whats the going rate for an absent minded QB that can't complete a pass" If he plays, i expect Jay to play hard and play well.

If youre gonna trade Jay, trade him to rebuild the D...not to draft someone who may or may not be like him...especially when QB's are so hard to scout.

Irish Stout
03-12-2009, 02:32 PM

Wouldn't you rather have me?

I'm starting my capaign this year to become the new Broncos QB! How awesome would it be to have some dude wearing a Broncos Jersey that says STOUT on the back winging the pig skin around like it was a feather pillow!

I may not have talent, but I'll have heart... I may be injury prone, but I'll understand its a business and won't complain one bit if they want to trade me. I'll play for peanuts and beer and I'll start exercising today to be sure I get the job done in.... wait when does the season start? September? I'll start working out in May then, I have time.

Orange Maners, I expect you to stand behind me and support me as your new quarterback, but if you don't and you go Scott Hastings on me. I will accept that too and understand its a business, and I will spend all my time hanging out in McD's office, so no communication problems for me.

Who is with me? STOUT for QB! Now I need to get an 800 number so you can call and vote me on the team.

oubronco
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM

HELL NO !!!!!! HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

thumpc
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I sure hope Simms isn't starting next season. He's not as good as Jay, though what he lacks in spleen he makes up for in pancreas.
We need to draft a midround QB for parts.

frerottenextelway
03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I know nothing about Simms so I have no opinion (although his dad may be the most underrated QB in history), but anyone else remember when his rep was that of a major puzzy?

Then he had that game with the spleen (which apparently is deadly, but not painful at first) and is regarded as a tough guy. The craziness of the NFL.

eddie mac
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I saw that interview last night or this morning but I did like what that guy had to say about Simms. Really talked up his desire and will to fight his way back into the league. Said he looked really good in practice by the end of the year.

Enough said.

Maybe because they just tied up $14m in Collins for 2 years and weren't prepared to drop another $6m on Simms.

broncolife
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
I know nothing about Simms so I have no opinion (although his dad may be the most underrated QB in history), but anyone else remember when his rep was that of a major puzzy?

Then he had that game with the spleen (which apparently is deadly, but not painful at first) and is regarded as a tough guy. The craziness of the NFL.

Kind of like the Greaseball when he played against the Raiders with a seperated shoulder. Griese lovers always loved to point that out.

SouthStndJunkie
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe because they just tied up $14m in Collins for 2 years and weren't prepared to drop another $6m on Simms.

That and VY is on the roster.

Inkana7
03-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Enough said.

Vince Young, maybe? They already have a ton of cash invested in the backup QB position.

TDmvp
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I'd rather have Plummer than Simms ...

Great in the hardest spot on the team to fill IF we trade Jay we basically set our selves back 5 years easy .... Everyone bished and moaned about Jake being a stop gap and we need a real QB and a franchise one .
Mike finally gets that and we F up the whole thing and regress ... nice...

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I'd rather have Plummer than Simms ...

Great in the hardest spot on the team to fill IF we trade Jay we basically set our selves back 5 years easy .... Everyone bished and moaned about Jake being a stop gap and we need a real QB and a franchise one .
Mike finally gets that and we F up the whole thing and regress ... nice...

Plummer is a retard. You need a smarter QB to run the spread.

TDmvp
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

I wouldn't go that far ... BUT i do get what you are saying ...

TDmvp
03-12-2009, 05:22 PM

O ... and from the looks of it . It is fun being a retard . LOL

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3067/2660kollettejakew0066eh2.jpg

SureShot
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Simms after the 2001 Big 12 championship game. Thanks to Simms and his 4 TOs my Buffs claimed the Big 12 title.:thumbsup:

elsid13
03-12-2009, 05:49 PM
The real interesting part of the interview for me was on Cutler and how he sees the world. Man has chip on his shoulder, and seem to be bulldog. Actually for a player that the kinda of stuff that drive them to excel.

Problem is doesn't always mean he knows when to quite or not pick a fight if he feels in the right.

Drek
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
The real interesting part of the interview for me was on Cutler and how he sees the world. Man has chip on his shoulder, and seem to be bulldog. Actually for a player that the kinda of stuff that drive them to excel.

Problem is doesn't always mean he knows when to quite or not pick a fight if he feels in the right.

No, what drives a player to excel is having a chip on their shoulder that makes them constantly fear for their job or someone else surpassing them.

Thats what made Bird, Jordan, Montana, Brady, Peyton Manning, and dozens of other great athletes into the stars they were or are today.

Jay Cutler has a chip on his shoulder because he feels he deserves that level of respect and gravitas already. He's the stereotypical child of the entitlement generation.

ZONA
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
You can't base anything on what Gruden does with QB's. Yeah, he loves them, for about 4 games and then he loves the next one. That's his biggest problem I believe. He's to eager to see what the next QB can do.

I think Simms could be a good back up but I don't see him being an elite QB like I think Jay is fast becoming. And don't even compare the arms because that is a no brainer.

Simms was brought in only because McD knew how crappy our depth was at QB after Cutler.

SoDak Bronco
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Simms has a bigger brain then Elway

elsid13
03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
No, what drives a player to excel is having a chip on their shoulder that makes them constantly fear for their job or someone else surpassing them.

Thats what made Bird, Jordan, Montana, Brady, Peyton Manning, and dozens of other great athletes into the stars they were or are today.

Jay Cutler has a chip on his shoulder because he feels he deserves that level of respect and gravitas already. He's the stereotypical child of the entitlement generation.

I have no idea were the belief that Cutler feels he entitled to anything comes from. Less then 2 weeks ago, no one even broached that idea. Now like Scheffer is always hurt myth on the mane it gospel to some.

Point to one article that Cutler hasn't attempted to improve himself. Because there are great number of media report that talk about all he does is seek to be the best player he can be.

There was story about Brady, where he stated that one the reason he felt that he succeeded wasn't because of fear of job lose or some surpassing him, but rather he wanted to prove people wrong that told him he was going to make it.

elsid13
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Simms has a bigger brain then Elway

Plus he a Kyle Shanahan name tattooed on his ankle.

arghemtee
03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Cutler to Simms?

God Help Me!

Hotrod
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM

That is a good point maybe we do have atleast a little something here

oubronco
03-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Chrissy Simms SUCKS !!!!!

jutang
03-13-2009, 08:37 AM
I dunno... didn't Griese beat Simms out in Tampa Bay.

In the end, Cutler's going show up in camp (hopefully he bites his tongue for the team). Saga's going drag on until the season starts cause no one has any other news to report on the broncos. If the broncos start winning, this whole thing will never be brought up again. If the broncos start losing, this board will have another meltdown.

Drek
03-13-2009, 08:45 AM
I have no idea were the belief that Cutler feels he entitled to anything comes from. Less then 2 weeks ago, no one even broached that idea. Now like Scheffer is always hurt myth on the mane it gospel to some.
He's said himself, in a media interview, that he felt he was above being the subject of trade talks. How is that not putting oneself before the team? At the same time he compared himself to two SB champions and an in-division QB who has beat him out for the division title every year of his career. He feels entitled to a level of respect and regard that he simply hasn't earned, and you can see that in his very own words.

There was story about Brady, where he stated that one the reason he felt that he succeeded wasn't because of fear of job lose or some surpassing him, but rather he wanted to prove people wrong that told him he was going to make it.
And now when Cutler is being faced with a similar source of criticism his camp is floating rumors about him not reporting on Monday, not to mention the fact that the very first thing he did after this all broke was take media interviews in which he aired the team's dirty laundry publicly.

Tom Brady hasn't sounded off in the media like that once in his career, nor has Peyton Manning. When a former Colt aired some of Indy's dirty laundry publicly a few years ago Peyton Manning just dismissed it and ignored it.

All Cutler had to say was "hey, I'm sure they were looking to improve the team. So I'm going to take this as a challenge and improve the team through my own play." But he didn't, instead he talked about feeling hurt and how he didn't believe the FO's version of the story, all while there are a conspicuously high number of leaks to the media about Cutler's current feelings towards the FO. In short, he's created this drama **** storm while true franchise QBs in this league would've squashed it only hours after it popped up.

Punisher
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
LMAO where gonna stink if Cutler gets traded,and then will have like 3 losing seasons,McD will get caned and then will have to start all over again looking for a FranQB