PDA

View Full Version : Prove It

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
I will admit that I haven't been following the Jay Cutler "situation" as rabidly or as thoroughly as most of you. However, i feel that i have probably read over 75% of the articles that pop up on here and each and every time a new one pops up, i look for the quotes. So far, i can't honestly say that i have read anything that would indicate that Jay is in the wrong here. Refusing to meet with his coach in the OFFSEASON. Refusing to take part in a VOLUNTARY workout that he could do at home. If he didn't have a reason, I would wonder why he wouldn't want to get with his team and get the chemistry going. But he's angry. So let him simmer down a bit before he shows up.

The front office fired the coach that picked him, his offensive coordinator, and then talked about trading him (as well as his best friend on the team!). How would you feel? Some might say it is not a matter of feelings, it's a business. That's easy for the people at the top of that business to say. I would rather Jay wear his emotions on his sleeve than to lie to everyone and say that everything is fine and that he is happy in Denver and that it's "just a business" only to bolt the first chance he gets due to his hatred for the organization.

But i digress, and have rambled. The whole point to this thread, is that i challenge all of you to find a collection of Jay Cutler quotes (not just kiper-like articles with nothing of substance) that make him look even half as bad as the filler material between them.

And speaking of Mel Kiper.. Yes, Cutler said he had a stronger arm than Elway. So what? He never said he was a better quarterback and it wasn't said with any disrespect. Mel is just angry that the two Leinart and Young haven't done a damn thing in this league yet. How about writing some articles about them, Mel? What's that? Don't want to draw attention to your failures as a "draft guru" ????? What is a draft guru, anyway? Is that a scout? Or is that a person who takes from what the scouts have said and makes a mock draft. So, basically, there are probably guys on this board who, if given access to the combine, could do a much better job than you could. Isn't that right, Mel? Yeah, ESPN just keeps you around so they can do a new "Mel's Hair" flashback before each draft. That's cute.

2KBack
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
I respond to your challenge with another.

Prove the FO TRIED to trade him

HEAV
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
"I'm hoping I get a chance to talk to Jay at some point," Dawkins said. "To me, you handle things inside. If you have a problem with a teammate, you deal with him. If you have a problem with your head coach, you deal with him, and then you move forward." -Brian Dawkins

Kaylore
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Prove the front office lied to him.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I never said that the front office lied to him, Kaylore.

Kaylore
03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I never said that the front office lied to him, Kaylore.

Then there's no reason for him to be upset. He should take their word and come to work. :flower:

ak1971
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
He should have said he was pissed, and then shut up. He's still under contract, so stfu.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I respond to your challenge with another.

Prove the FO TRIED to trade him

I DID say that. Bad wording. My gripe here IS NOT WITH THE DENVER BRONCOS FRONT OFFICE. My gripe is with the media and now the fans who are constantly piling on Jay for being mad that his team discussed trading him. Exactly who initiated the trade is irrelevant, to me at least. Either way, they did discuss trading Cutler and not just as a "feeler." That is fact. I will edit my primary statement, though.

dbfan21
03-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I like the purpose of the thread. As Broncos fans, we all care about what's going on with our team. But we are making ourselves sick over this situation.

We are all responding to the minute amount of information that the media has thrown out there by creating threads...in the process, we are worked up into a frenzy. To me, it's all conjecture at this point.

Yes, it sucks that we are in this predicament. Yes, we all want to see McD and Cutler smooth everything over. Jay's a great QB and Josh has the makings of a great HC. All-in-all, we could be a great team as early as next year.

I am sure cooler heads will prevail. Jay will talk to Josh, Josh will explain his philosophy, Jay will state he wants to win championships, Josh will agree, then they will both get to work! :gobroncos :lombardi:

DenverBrit
03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
How would you feel? Some might say it is not a matter of feelings, it's a business. That's easy for the people at the top of that business to say.

It is a business. Jay is paid MILLIONS to lead the team and play QB.
An honor most athletes would give anything to experience.
It doesn't matter that it's 'off season.' When anyone is paid that much money, they don't work a 40hr week, nor do they have a 'day off' in the middle of a supposed team controversy that throws a spotlight on them.

I'm not sure who's to blame, there seems to be enough to go around.
However, this is a business and business (trade) discussions took place involving McDaniels and Cutler, which is what happens during the FA period.
Both need to mature and get the problem resolved quickly before either paints themselves into a corner and a trade becomes inevitable.
Jay needs to stop listening to the whispering of his agent, who has his own agenda.

HEAV
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I DID say that. Bad wording. My gripe here IS NOT WITH THE DENVER BRONCOS FRONT OFFICE. My gripe is with the media and now the fans who are constantly piling on Jay for being mad that his team discussed trading him.

Yet Jay keeps running, or when the media comes calling, he continues to open his mouth and gets in deeper. The BRONCOS are trying to keep it in house. Yet the kid and his agent run to the media after the phone conference and say "It went bad, they still will trade me..blah blah blah."

Blame the media for finding the topic? Maybe but Jay and his agent has been leading this parade since it came out.

Hell I bet Cook told the media that Jay was being talked about in trade talks for Cassel.

Every Cutler worshiper wanted then FO to come out and make statements. The when they did the circle-jerk crew started screaming "Their lie'n, it's a cover up, they hate Jay!"

This was and still is an in house issue. Jay and his agent have made it into a public tantrum for everyone to view.

P.S. F Cutler, I'm done with the kid.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Then there's no reason for him to be upset. He should take their word and come to work. :flower:

I understand that side of it. Optimally, he lets it fly and shows up tossing lasers and everything is good. I want this as well. I am simply trying to prove that Jay isn't nearly as bad of a guy as people are making him out to be. I don't think he's a cry baby at all. He's angry, and that's just fine with me. When he starts skipping mandatory team functions I will start to worry.

The other reason for my post is that I really want to get to the bottom of this and see for myself what HE has said. I feel a little out of the loop when i come on here every day and people are ready to crucify him when two weeks ago he was Elway 2.0. I just haven't seen or read anything that would justify such a radical change in opinion.

HEAV
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
two weeks ago he was Elway 2.0

He was never Elway 2.0, he never will be Elway. There is/was only one ELWAY.

Jay is a Jeff George V2.0

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
He was never Elway 2.0, he never will be Elway. There is/was only one ELWAY.

I don't disagree, but you know what i meant. People were behind Jay every step of the way.

And if Jay and his agent have been leading this circus from the beginning it shouldn't be too hard to find some pretty incriminating quotes.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
**** all this **** I want to know what Jay gave out a halloween last year.

Rohirrim
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Jay does not have a stronger arm then Elway.

Drek
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
In his very first interview he very heavily insinuated that he felt lied to by the FO. He outright compared himself with Eli Manning and Peyton Manning, both with championships under their belts, as why you don't trade a franchise QB.

In those statements he made it quite clear he considers himself above a trade of any kind. That is all it takes right there, he feels he is above a certain standard that everyone else on his team knows they're held to.

I'd have no problems with him, and I think the Broncos FO would feel the same, if he'd just accept that no one is untradeable or irreplaceable until they do it on the field. He isn't handling the situation like a professional and he aired the team's dirty laundry in public which only makes the situation worse, but it all ultimately comes down to him feeling like he should be held to a different standard than the teammates he supposedly plays for.

I've backed up nearly everything I've said on this board about Cutler with the source or quote that made me think that. That is a hell of a lot more than you can say for the Cutler apologists who want to imagine the NFL is some idelic world where no one's feelings ever get hurt and the big bad corporate heirarchy doesn't exist.

In the real world the NFL is a business just like any other, and if you don't have the stones to handle adversity you probably won't last very long.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
It is a business. Jay is paid MILLIONS to lead the team and play QB.
An honor most athletes would give anything to experience.
It doesn't matter that it's 'off season.' When anyone is paid that much money, they don't work a 40hr week, nor do they have a 'day off' in the middle of a supposed team controversy that throws a spotlight on them.

I'm not sure who's to blame, there seems to be enough to go around.
However, this is a business and business (trade) discussions took place involving McDaniels and Cutler, which is what happens during the FA period.
Both need to mature and get the problem resolved quickly before either paints themselves into a corner and a trade becomes inevitable.
Jay needs to stop listening to the whispering of his agent, who has his own agenda.

It's an honor, yes. But Jay is still Jay and you can't take the emotional side out of it. You think he is angry and causing problems for the sake of being angry and causing problems? The guy has diabetes and is taking insulin injections during the game, an NFL game, in order to help his team. He is(was) about as emotionally dedicated to the "company" as he could have been. Then he finds out, through the media, that his company no longer wants him around.

Again, it's not like the company is in the wrong, they are just trying to make the company better. But i just don't think Jay deserves all of this bad publicity.

If you disagree, fine. But next time one of your friends is treated badly in a way that benefits the company, i want you to say out loud to your friend, "Hey, it's a business, man. I'm sure they are just doing what's best for them."

Los Broncos
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Jay has a cannon but I seen Elway throw a frozen 40 yard rope and not even sweat it, winner = Elway.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
People are always whining about how professional athletes just show up and collect their money and don't have any passion for what they do anymore. Yet, Cutler tells the world how he feels about his team possibly not wanting him to play for them and everyone says, "Oh, well, it's a business. Get with the times."

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Jay does not have a stronger arm then Elway.

This I am not so sure of. I was amazed when I watch both Elway and Jay in person. Not sure there is much difference either way.

That said Jay needs to STFU seriously bragging on how strong your arm is just shows how immature he is.

Jay call me when you lead your team anywhere besides the offseason.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
I understand that side of it. Optimally, he lets it fly and shows up tossing lasers and everything is good. I want this as well. I am simply trying to prove that Jay isn't nearly as bad of a guy as people are making him out to be. I don't think he's a cry baby at all. He's angry, and that's just fine with me. When he starts skipping mandatory team functions I will start to worry.

Fair enough. Making one statement about it would have been enough. Going over and over again about how upset you are, how mad you are at the organization, saying there is going to be "big trouble" if he's traded... that's unacceptable.

It's unprofessional. In any other job, he would be gone by now.

Don't get me wrong: I want Jay Cutler in Denver. But he's got to show some desire to be here, and he hasn't yet. Not coming to Denver to meet with his boss? Allegedly thinking about skipping OTAs next week? Come on, Jay. Time to grow up and meet halfway.

HEAV
03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
People are always whining about how professional athletes just show up and collect their money and don't have any passion for what they do anymore. Yet, Cutler tells the world how he feels about his team possibly not wanting him to play for them and everyone says, "Oh, well, it's a business. Get with the times."

Passion and leadership on the field.

Off the field handle yourself as a pro and more importantly an adult.

The minute Shanny was canned, Jay was spouting off that he should have been first to know and then wanted a say in the new coach, and nearly demanded that Bates stay.

Again what in the hell has Jay done to demand this type attitude? What has he won? He's a 2.5 year starter with a losing record and stats that look just like Plummers stats.

So what has Jay done to be considered untouchable, the man, bigger than the team?

2KBack
03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I DID say that. Bad wording. My gripe here IS NOT WITH THE DENVER BRONCOS FRONT OFFICE. My gripe is with the media and now the fans who are constantly piling on Jay for being mad that his team discussed trading him. Exactly who initiated the trade is irrelevant, to me at least. Either way, they did discuss trading Cutler and not just as a "feeler." That is fact. I will edit my primary statement, though.

Trading was discussed, how serious the talks were is still speculation. I see what you are getting at. The issue I think people are taking with Cutler comes from a lot of speculation, but seeing as how his "feelings" are being consistently leaked, and no one has stepped forward from his camp to deny anything, I feel justified in assuming these media outlets are correct. His initial statements of being "lied to," saying that other better QB's aren't treated like he is. It sets a tone of victimization. Then his admission that he refused to go see McD and company to clear the air, speaks volumes.

All reports on the issue show Cutler not answering/returning calls from the broncos. There has been no denial from cutler that these things aren't true. ten on top of it all we hear he may not even come in at the start of workouts. Are they mandatory? No. Still given the situation don't you think a sane person would go into work as at least a show of good faith, leadership, or maturity. Even if he doesn't trust the FO (which is still weird to me), him showing up would send the message to his teammates that are attending that Cutler has the teammates interests in mind to. This entire time line has only shown me that Cutler lacks maturity and leadership, not to mention I know exactly who Cutler plays for. He doesn't play for his teammates, he plays for himself.

The media didn't turn me to this, I've suspected it for a while. You'll find that I never was one of the praisers of Cutler, something always seemed wrong about him to me.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 11:23 AM
1In his very first interview he very heavily insinuated that he felt lied to by the FO. He outright compared himself with Eli Manning and Peyton Manning, both with championships under their belts, as why you don't trade a franchise QB.

2I've backed up nearly everything I've said on this board about Cutler with the source or quote that made me think that.

3In the real world the NFL is a business just like any other, and if you don't have the stones to handle adversity you probably won't last very long.

1. To my knowledge, he didn't say this. His agent did, and...

2. Had you provided the quote it would indicate that, but i could be wrong.

3. True, but his testicular fortitude as well as his success or failure is not the issue here. The issue is: Is he in the wrong for what he said, and also, what exactly DID he say?

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Passion and leadership on the field.

Off the field handle yourself as a pro and more importantly an adult.

The minute Shanny was canned, Jay was spouting off that he should have been first to know and then wanted a say in the new coach, and nearly demanded that Bates stay.

Again what in the hell has Jay done to demand this type attitude? What has he won? He's a 2.5 year starter with a losing record and stats that look just like Plummers stats.

So what has Jay done to be considered untouchable, the man, bigger than the team?

Wow I agree with Heav maybe the world is ending :)

It is his lack of leadership (obviously my opinon) that gives me great pause when wondering how far this kid will ever really go.

OABB
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Jay is a Jeff George V2.0

I will enjoy watching you eat these words, my friend.

i still remember my friend chanting "Elway, all the way, No Way!" when we lost 55-10...

the poor bastard hasn't lived that day down still. I like when people post an opinion so spite filled, so absolutely uninspired, that you know you are going to enjoy the feeling of your boot driving their face into the mud forever and ever.

Thank you Heav. I look forward to many stimulating conversations with you in the near future. your post above may even become my sig.

well done sir.

SportinOne
Quotes, please!

rad
And speaking of Mel Kiper.. Yes, Cutler said he had a stronger arm than Elway. So what? He never said he was a better quarterback and it wasn't said with any disrespect. Mel is just angry that the two Leinart and Young haven't done a damn thing in this league yet. How about writing some articles about them, Mel? What's that? Don't want to draw attention to your failures as a "draft guru" ????? What is a draft guru, anyway? Is that a scout? Or is that a person who takes from what the scouts have said and makes a mock draft. So, basically, there are probably guys on this board who, if given access to the combine, could do a much better job than you could. Isn't that right, Mel? Yeah, ESPN just keeps you around so they can do a new "Mel's Hair" flashback before each draft. That's cute.

I put more stock in what Mel Kiper's HAIR has to say about the draft than Mel Kiper....

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 11:26 AM

I don't get it either, Jay was there working with the coaches and left town because they were getting busy with free agency. I believe he got upset because he had to hear from a reporter about the trade talk intsead of the team. And when his agent called to find out they wouldn't answer the calls. I call that a reason to be a bit wary.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:26 AM

i still remember my friend chanting "Elway, all the way, No Way!" when we lost 55-10...

the poor bastard hasn't lived that day down still. I like when people post an opinion so spite filled, so absolutely uninspired, that you know you are going to enjoy the feeling of your boot driving their face into the mud forever and ever.

Thank you Heav. I look forward to many stimulating conversations with you in the near future. your post above may even become my sig.

well done sir.

Heav is far from the only one who has compared Jay to George.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Quotes, please!

ok now what?

rad
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
In his very first interview he very heavily insinuated that he felt lied to by the FO. He outright compared himself with Eli Manning and Peyton Manning, both with championships under their belts, as why you don't trade a franchise QB.

In those statements he made it quite clear he considers himself above a trade of any kind. That is all it takes right there, he feels he is above a certain standard that everyone else on his team knows they're held to.

I'd have no problems with him, and I think the Broncos FO would feel the same, if he'd just accept that no one is untradeable or irreplaceable until they do it on the field. He isn't handling the situation like a professional and he aired the team's dirty laundry in public which only makes the situation worse, but it all ultimately comes down to him feeling like he should be held to a different standard than the teammates he supposedly plays for.

I've backed up nearly everything I've said on this board about Cutler with the source or quote that made me think that. That is a hell of a lot more than you can say for the Cutler apologists who want to imagine the NFL is some idelic world where no one's feelings ever get hurt and the big bad corporate heirarchy doesn't exist.

In the real world the NFL is a business just like any other, and if you don't have the stones to handle adversity you probably won't last very long.

Good points. They need to trade Cutler now. His stock will never be higher.

All the physical tools, none of the attitude and mental make-up required to be a champion. NEXT!

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 11:33 AM
We keep hearing how Jay is a crybaby, yet there is only the couple of interviews from the 28th and he was shocked as much as anything else. He ever said he understood why they went after Cassell. But around here McDaniels is the new golden boy so Jay is now a punk ass crybaby for not saying thank you for everything.

Rohirrim
03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Quotes, please!

Look at it this way: McD says the Broncos did not instigate any trade scenarios for Cutler, they just took calls. Shefter also stated the Broncos did not start the talks. It is reported from Jay's camp that he said he didn't believe that. Based on that report the drama queens and Shanahan ball-swingers on this board start smearing McD with all sorts of names. The story in the media gets all heated up. Does Jay come out and say, "I never said that. I was misquoted?" No. Why not? If Jay's very public stance on this entire fiasco has been misrepresented, why doesn't he come out and say so?

Drek
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
1. To my knowledge, he didn't say this. His agent did, and...

2. Had you provided the quote it would indicate that, but i could be wrong.

3. True, but his testicular fortitude as well as his success or failure is not the issue here. The issue is: Is he in the wrong for what he said, and also, what exactly DID he say?

I typically don't do the google monkey work of others, but since you apparently missed one of the first key parts of this whole drama, I figured you were probably not too dissimilar from a lost puppy in the woods, and I'd be a real dick if I left that puppy out in the woods.

Audio Interview here. (http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=53858)

L: So now when you hear these rumors and it sounds like maybe Tampa instigated or made a call to the Broncos to say they might be interested in you and now we hear Detroit calling. So do you think in your view are the Broncos shopping you or are other teams saying "hey, we'd love to get Jay Cutler?"

C: Seriously, there are two different takes on this obviously. Obviously the Broncos are going to say that other teams were calling inquiring about me but we've talked about this, you don't hear other teams talking about shopping Eli or Phillip Rivers or Peyton, or any of those guys so obviously they dangled the lines to somebody to let them know obviously that, you know, I was available if the right opportunity came along. That's my feel of the situation.

And, you know I think they're going to cover their tracks and say anything that they want to say at this point and say that I won't be traded and this and that. But, the point is they tried to make a trade for me last night and it didn't go through and now we're back at square one.

Just a couple of the smoking gun statements you're looking for.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Look at it this way: McD says the Broncos did not instigate any trade scenarios for Cutler, they just took calls. Shefter also stated the Broncos did not start the talks. It is reported from Jay's camp that he said he didn't believe that. Based on that report the drama queens and Shanahan ball-swingers on this board start smearing McD with all sorts of names. The story in the media gets all heated up. Does Jay come out and say, "I never said that. I was misquoted?" No. Why not? If Jay's very public stance on this entire fiasco has been misrepresented, why doesn't he come out and say so?

Why can't the FO get the story straight? Are they still saying he will not be traded or are they keeping the option open? Nobody's untradeable? When they get thier message straight maybe sombody will believe them.

enjolras
03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
It's an honor, yes. But Jay is still Jay and you can't take the emotional side out of it. You think he is angry and causing problems for the sake of being angry and causing problems? The guy has diabetes and is taking insulin injections during the game, an NFL game, in order to help his team. He is(was) about as emotionally dedicated to the "company" as he could have been. Then he finds out, through the media, that his company no longer wants him around.

He heard that his company was entertaining a trade for him. That doesn't
mean they don't want you around, it means that they are looking for ways to make a bad team better.

Also, don't hand me junk about insulin injections. He takes insulin to stay alive, it has nothing to do with the team. It's something millions of people do every day.

2KBack
03-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Why can't the FO get the story straight? Are they still saying he will not be traded or are they keeping the option open? Nobody's untradeable? When they get thier message straight maybe sombody will believe them.

Seems pretty straight forward.

We are not trying to actively trade you, but that doesn't mean you are untouchable. If the price is right, any member of the team could be traded.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
He heard that his company was entertaining a trade for him. That doesn't
mean they don't want you around, it means that they are looking for ways to make a bad team better.

Also, don't hand me junk about insulin injections. He takes insulin to stay alive, it has nothing to do with the team. It's something millions of people do every day.

Yeah, millions of people do it. Do millions of people do it in between playing one of the most physically demanding sports against some of the most physically gifted athletes ever assembled?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
We keep hearing how Jay is a crybaby, yet there is only the couple of interviews from the 28th and he was shocked as much as anything else. He ever said he understood why they went after Cassell. But around here McDaniels is the new golden boy so Jay is now a punk ass crybaby for not saying thank you for everything.

WRONG. Around here, Jay Cutler is a punk ass crybaby because he's too hurt to even come back and speak face to face with someone who is trying to make the situation right. Jay Cutler is a punk ass crybaby because, even though his front office is telling him and the media that he won't be traded, "he still thinks" he will be.

I want Jay here. I don't want him to leave. BUT HE HAS TO WANT TO BE HERE. So far, he hasn't shown that.

OABB
03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Heav is far from the only one who has compared Jay to George.

true. but most of the "other's" are charger's fans. Even Jays staunchest critics here say things like immature, which can be argued, or turnover prone, which can also be argued...but Jeff George 2.0 is baseless and agenda driven.

worse, he is a supposed fan of the broncos.

To me, that is b.s.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
My 10 year old son reacts to situations better then Jay and that is no lie.

HEAV
03-12-2009, 11:57 AM

well done sir.

the poor bastard hasn't lived that day down still.

So your friend is an A-hole. So are friends that are fans of other teams... What's this got to do with Jay being a bitch?

As far as your statement that John "Still hasn't lived that day down" I think winning back to back championships and being carried of the field and into the sunset as Super MVP faded 55-10. :thanku:

Agian what has Cutler down to show any respect near Manning,Brady...even Big Ben status? Let's drop the Elway talk with Cutler, because it's not even close.

Many fan's (like yourself) are banking on Jay's talent potential over Jay's immaturity, and temperment that will lead him to being great.

At this current point in time (right now March 12th 2009) Jay is heading down the Jeff George path. He's taking on the challange of being not option A for McDaniels.

If the punk would just shut up and use this energy toward proving McDaniels wrong about him, instead of demanding respect or being told he's something he hasn't earnd.

Go into Dove valley sit down and be a man. Then come camp time, learn the offense, lead the team and get it done on the field. Prove to anyone and everyone that thinking Cassel was a better option than himself was wrong.

Prove it! Earn it! Then you will get your respect, you new contract and place with the other top quarterbacks in the NFL.

But at this time point, Jay is just looking like a child needed Daddy's love.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
true. but most of the "other's" are charger's fans. Even Jays staunchest critics here say things like immature, which can be argued, or turnover prone, which can also be argued...but Jeff George 2.0 is baseless and agenda driven.

To me, that is b.s.

IMO alot of this is driven by two things of which I'm certainly guilty of one.

1. Jay is acting like a child which is not the way Bronco fans want to be represented and nobody can blame them for that.
2. Jay is full of potential and his actions are opening the door for his exit and that pisses off alot of Bronco Fans who saw Jay as the next savior.

Jays actions this offseason (and lack of emotion on the field at times) has opened the door for all of this mess.

Drek
03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, millions of people do it. Do millions of people do it in between playing one of the most physically demanding sports against some of the most physically gifted athletes ever assembled?

I'm sure they would if they were offered millions of dollars to do so.

Oh, and I gave you the quotes you asked for, just wanted to make sure you didn't skip over 'em. :D

HEAV
03-12-2009, 12:01 PM

To me, that is b.s.

OK so what about the "Fans" trashing the coach?

Or the fact that the owner of this site hated Jake Plummer and tore him down with every chance he had!

I swear, so many ****s crawled out from under their rocks with this Cutler crap!

rad
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM

To me, that is b.s.

This right here tells me you have no idea what you're talking about....there are no such things as "Chargers fans"...

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I typically don't do the google monkey work of others, but since you apparently missed one of the first key parts of this whole drama, I figured you were probably not too dissimilar from a lost puppy in the woods, and I'd be a real dick if I left that puppy out in the woods.

Audio Interview here. (http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=53858)

Just a couple of the smoking gun statements you're looking for.

That's a good start. I had thought that the agent had said those things. That IS a little immature, but i see what he is getting at.

I would also like to point out that if Jay had what Rivers had sans '08 (a strong defense and LT), or what Eli had (a phenomenal defense and the luckiest catch in history), he would be considered a much better quarterback than either of them. This is irrelevant to the objective of this thread, but it's relevant to the Kiper article.

Either way, he should not have said that.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 12:08 PM

1. Jay is acting like a child which is not the way Bronco fans want to be represented and nobody can blame them for that.
2. Jay is full of potential and his actions are opening the door for his exit and that pisses off alot of Bronco Fans who saw Jay as the next savior.

Jays actions this offseason (and lack of emotion on the field at times) has opened the door for all of this mess.

I can see all this. But we have also hated the Patriots and more than made fun of the hoodie. Now we have hoodie Jr. here pulling the same BS we laughed at. Do we want to be Patriots west? And the superbowls aren't coming too just the OC.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
ok now what?

Wow...

honest to whatever caused our existence, i did not catch it until after i clicked "quote" on your post...

OABB
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM

the poor bastard hasn't lived that day down still.

So your friend is an A-hole. So are friends that are fans of other teams... What's this got to do with Jay being a b****?

As far as your statement that John "Still hasn't lived that day down" I think winning back to back championships and being carried of the field and into the sunset as Super MVP faded 55-10. :thanku:

Agian what has Cutler down to show any respect near Manning,Brady...even Big Ben status? Let's drop the Elway talk with Cutler, because it's not even close.

Many fan's (like yourself) are banking on Jay's talent potential over Jay's immaturity, and temperment that will lead him to being great.

At this current point in time (right now March 12th 2009) Jay is heading down the Jeff George path. He's taking on the challange of being not option A for McDaniels.

If the punk would just shut up and use this energy toward proving McDaniels wrong about him, instead of demanding respect or being told he's something he hasn't earnd.

Go into Dove valley sit down and be a man. Then come camp time, learn the offense, lead the team and get it done on the field. Prove to anyone and everyone that thinking Cassel was a better option than himself was wrong.

Prove it! Earn it! Then you will get your respect, you new contract and place with the other top quarterbacks in the NFL.

But at this time point, Jay is just looking like a child needed Daddy's love.

is there a smiley for a statement flying over one's head?

I meant my friend hasn't lived that day down...

and second, I agree that actions speak louder than words(I believe this is what you are trying to say, no?)

but if actions truly are the better barometer, than shouldn't we wait untill we know all the facts(actions) Cutler took before we judge him. Fox News made a killing in yellow journalism, and now espin and other's are trying to do the same.

fact is, no one is certain what actions have taken place, and also, regardless of what did happen, Jay will either prove you or me wrong by his play on the field next year. so again, if actions are louder than words, than stfu and wait to see what happens.

also, comparing him to Jeff George is baseless, and completely absurd at this point (I am judging by actions, of course) so you are guilty of doing exactly waht you preach against by saying silly things and not proving them.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow...

honest to whatever caused our existence, i did not catch it until after i clicked "quote" on your post...

:)

I just follow orders sir

OABB
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM

I see a man, not acting like a stoic professional. I see a man being honest about his feelings and answering questions from the bottom of his heart. Kids cry and whine...Men believe in being honorable, and honest despite naysayers or armchair qb's babble.

We don't have all the facts, so all of this is just rhetoric and babble.

I won't engage in a pro Jay or anti Jay rant, because I don't have a basis to have a conclusion.

your above post is honest, and I understand where you are coming from, I am guilty myself, but you don't KNOW any more about this situation than I do.

it is useless to name call or compare cutler to anyone at this point.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I can see all this. But we have also hated the Patriots and more than made fun of the hoodie. Now we have hoodie Jr. here pulling the same BS we laughed at. Do we want to be Patriots west? And the superbowls aren't coming too just the OC.

This argument is so absurd and tired. Yes, if Patriots West means three championships in four years, YES, I'll take it. You saying you won't?

Where'd you get your talking points? Skip Bayless?

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I see a man, not acting like a stoic professional. I see a man being honest about his feelings and answering questions from the bottom of his heart. Kids cry and whine...Men believe in being honorable, and honest despite naysayers or armchair qb's babble.

I won't engage in a pro Jay or anti Jay rant, because I don't have a basis to have a conclusion.

your above post is honest, and I understand where you are coming from, I am guilty myself, but you don't KNOW any more about this situation than I do.

That is all solid and certainly a fair approach.

The upside is we are having a hell of an offseason here on the OM :strong:

Almost reminds one of the good old days of old whats his name SOB

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM

And this is the point of this thread. To get that which we do know for fact, something that someone said and was recorded, out in the open for examination. But you are right, beyond that we can only assume so it IS sort of a dead end. This is sports, though. We know about 10% of what actually goes on. So it'd be nice to get as much of that 10% as possible..

HEAV

Yet you tried comparing Jay's current situation to John & 55-10...

By the way, the Goodmans got fired... change your adobt a Bronco.

OABB
That is all solid and certainly a fair approach.

The upside is we are having a hell of an offseason here on the OM :strong:

Almost reminds one of the good old days of old whats his name SOB

I am having a blast....I'll tell you this, the last time I felt this nervous and upset was after the loss to Jacksonville. I remember waiting outside the teams exit and hearing that they weren't coming out and that Elway was crying.

Under Shanny, everything seemed under control, and 9-5ish. This shake-up might be the best thing to happen to our team in a long time. Sometimes you need the ax over your head to motivate you, sometimes dissent brings about cohesion, sometimes anger can make winners...

I feel that this whole fiasco will pass, and ultimately lead to a tight team making a deep run.

please feel free to make me eat my words down the line as I have stated I would do to Heav..

OABB
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Yet you tried comparing Jay's current situation to John & 55-10...

By the way, the Goodmans got fired... change your adobt a Bronco.

I compared the situation of my ahole friend to you,the other ahole.

The goodman's are still my adopt a bronco until the season starts btw...

Drek
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
That's a good start. I had thought that the agent had said those things. That IS a little immature, but i see what he is getting at.

I would also like to point out that if Jay had what Rivers had sans '08 (a strong defense and LT), or what Eli had (a phenomenal defense and the luckiest catch in history), he would be considered a much better quarterback than either of them. This is irrelevant to the objective of this thread, but it's relevant to the Kiper article.

Either way, he should not have said that.

See, this is the problem with the "pro-Cutler at all costs" mindset. You say you want truth and evidence but then throw out something like what I bolded above.

Eli Manning won a championship because he sacked up and made clutch plays. He made them down the stretch of the regular season. He made them in the playoffs, and he made them in the Super Bowl. He manned up when called on. Was he in position to do that thanks to a great defense? Sure, but when the bell rang he came out fighting and punched his way to victory.

Phillip Rivers did just that TO US last year, taking the Chargers on a late season push to knock us off the division title. At the same time Cutler failed to do that. No matter how bad the defense was last year it is undeniable that there were second half games we could have won, any one of which would've locked up the division, that Cutler left on the board.

Matt Ryan stepped his game up down the stretch and pushed the Falcons into the playoffs. Joe Flacco did the same thing for the Ravens. They didn't carry their teams into the playoffs like Peyton carried the Colts, but they did elevate their own game to better help the team win. Cutler as of yet has failed to do that for the Broncos and that is a problem the supporting cast simply can't fix.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
This argument is so absurd and tired. Yes, if Patriots West means three championships in four years, YES, I'll take it. You saying you won't?

Where'd you get your talking points? Skip Bayless?

Just how many rings have former Patriot assistants won? Im sure all the teams that hired them thought superbowls were on the way. How did that work out? If you want to talk about history and results I hate to tell you it ain't looking too good for hoodie boy.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I am having a blast....I'll tell you this, the last time I felt this nervous and upset was after the loss to Jacksonville. I remember waiting outside the teams exit and hearing that they weren't coming out and that Elway was crying.

Under Shanny, everything seemed under control, and 9-5ish. This shake-up might be the best thing to happen to our team in a long time. Sometimes you need the ax over your head to motivate you, sometimes dissent brings about cohesion, sometimes anger can make winners...

I feel that this whole fiasco will pass, and ultimately lead to a tight team making a deep run.

please feel free to make me eat my words down the line as I have stated I would do to Heav..

I'm not big on bringing up offseason speculation to make one eat his words. Hell if I did I'd have to eat alot of words. :)

To me this is the time of year to speculate and bring up "what if's" etc.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Just how many rings have former Patriot assistants won? Im sure all the teams that hired them thought superbowls were on the way. How did that work out? If you want to talk about history and results I hate to tell you it ain't looking too good for hoodie boy.

How many rings had Parcells assistants won until Belichick started winning? Thought so.

How many Super Bowls did John Elway lose before he won one? Thought so.

Just because there is a history of one thing doesn't prove the future of anything.

Your argument is just tired and old.

OABB
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not big on bringing up offseason speculation to make one eat his words. Hell if I did I'd have to eat alot of words. :)

To me this is the time of year to speculate and bring up "what if's" etc.

Well, in the spirit of what if's...How do you think Cutler will respond this season?

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
I guess you need it spelled out clown, nothing gaurantees success. I don't care how many rings Mcdaniels got as an assistant, he isn't gauranteed one here. I guess in your mind he already got one in free agency. How many did Shanahan win without Elway? I don't think we need the baggage of the hoodie way without the championships.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I guess you need it spelled out clown, nothing gaurantees success. I don't care how many rings Mcdaniels got as an assistant, he isn't gauranteed one here. I guess in your mind he already got one in free agency. How many did Shanahan win without Elway? I don't think we need the baggage of the hoodie way without the championships.

Name calling now? How mature and evolved.

Guess what? Nothing guarantees failure, either.

Who said anything about already getting one (are we talking about rings? championships? what's this "one" you speak of?) in free agency?

Shanahan got zero without Elway. How many did Elway get without Shanahan?

What is your rant about, anyway?

Try to be an adult and not use childish insults. Really.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Name calling now? How mature and evolved.

Guess what? Nothing guarantees failure, either.

Who said anything about already getting one (are we talking about rings? championships? what's this "one" you speak of?) in free agency?

Shanahan got zero without Elway. How many did Elway get without Shanahan?

What is your rant about, anyway?

Try to be an adult and not use childish insults. Really.

You call yourself the clown prince, I can say with certainty you aren't royalty. So what does that leave you with?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 01:30 PM
You call yourself the clown prince, I can say with certainty you aren't royalty. So what does that leave you with?

Thanks for sticking to the topic. I can see now that I'm dealing with a child. I'll plan accordingly.

2KBack
03-12-2009, 01:37 PM

So if success isn't guaranteed, that means he'll fail?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Careful 2k! He'll call you a clown! ROFL!

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM

No, you don't trade a successfull QB because a first time head coach thinks he can pluck just any Qb out of obscurity and take the team to the promise land. I don't care how many superbowls he was apart of as second in command.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Careful 2k! He'll call you a clown! ROFL!

So far you have nothing of substance to say. Skip Bayless? Wow your almost funny. You have no arguement, just running your hole. Have something to say or go find casino or bob.

Irish Stout
03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
The one thing I know is that Jay Cutler didn't come to my halloween party and therefore the media and fan backlash he is sufferring is well deserved.

Also, tell the Broncos I am available to play QB for them... I throw like a girl and sprint a whale, but I have endurance! Plus I will play for free if they allow me to tailgate before games up until 5 minutes before kickoff... and they have to bus me back and forth to my job from practice.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 02:31 PM
So far you have nothing of substance to say. Skip Bayless? Wow your almost funny. You have no arguement, just running your hole. Have something to say or go find casino or bob.

Awwww, is someone pissed off that I called them on their bull****?

So since John Elway couldn't win a Super Bowl in three tries, he should have quit, right? Since history said he couldn't win the big one.

Since BB was a failure in Cleveland, he never should have gotten another gig, right? Since history said he couldn't win football games.

Your claim is that since Weis, Crennel and others haven't been successful, that McD is predisposed to failure. Then you make the outlandish claim that I think he's guaranteed to win because he won as an assistant in New England, something I never wrote or said.

You have derailed.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Awwww, is someone pissed off that I called them on their bull****?

So since John Elway couldn't win a Super Bowl in three tries, he should have quit, right? Since history said he couldn't win the big one.

Since BB was a failure in Cleveland, he never should have gotten another gig, right? Since history said he couldn't win football games.

Your claim is that since Weis, Crennel and others haven't been successful, that McD is predisposed to failure. Then you make the outlandish claim that I think he's guaranteed to win because he won as an assistant in New England, something I never wrote or said.

You have derailed.

It took Elway to get a running game and a coach that was commited to using what Elway was good at instead of imposing his system on him. So far I keep hearing how Cassell is better for McDaniels system thats why they tried to trade for him. How about tailoring McDaniels system to the damn good QB you already have instead of starting up this whole mess. But he couldn't help himself and now the crap has hit the fan. That gives me a whole lot of confidence in his decision making going forward.

McDaniels came from the most deceptive, secretive and proven cheat of an organization in the league. Add in the last 2 weeks and it makes a person pause and wonder what the hell is going on with this guy. Ask the Goodmans if you need to have eyes in the back of your head.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
It took Elway to get a running game and a coach that was commited to using what Elway was good at instead of imposing his system on him. So far I keep hearing how Cassell is better for McDaniels system thats why they tried to trade for him. How about tailoring McDaniels system to the damn good QB you already have instead of starting up this whole mess. But he couldn't help himself and now the crap has hit the fan. That gives me a whole lot of confidence in his decision making going forward.

McDaniels came from the most deceptive, secretive and proven cheat of an organization in the league. Add in the last 2 weeks and it makes a person pause and wonder what the hell is going on with this guy. Ask the Goodmans if you need to have eyes in the back of your head.

I haven't heard that at all. I've heard that Cassel KNOWS the system and would be successful IN the system immediately, something that is unclear with Cutler. We don't know how he's going to handle these new responsibilities (which are significant). We don't know if he can limit his mistakes better than he has (remember, Shanahan was a big proponent of keeping the ball safe, which is why Cutler was drafted in the first place and Plummer was shown the door). In these ways, Cassel is a known quantity, who can come in and execute the offense right away, leaving McD to fix the defense and improve the team right away.

What's McDaniels' job? TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. If he thinks he has a better chance to win immediately with a guy who won 11 games last year (to Jay's 8), how can you fault him for listening to trade offers, especially when they may have included TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS? If the offer from Detroit was legit, that was a Herschel Walker deal. I'd be pissed if he HADN'T listened.

Thankfully, you're not running the team. You're exactly the type of knee-jerk-reaction guy that would fire McD before he's coached a single down, without even knowing what really happened. You THINK you know what happened, but you weren't there.

And enough with the "He came from the cheaters!" nonsense. That's so remarkably stale, I can't believe anyone with a brain in his head would bring it up.

Although that might explain why you would bring it up...

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
And your the kind of guy that would have pushed Elway out the door because Reeves said it was best.

There is so much wrong with your post and so much fud I can't believe you actually wrote that crap down. You put Jay Culter on half the teams in the league and you get a dangerous playoff team. Cassell couldn't get more than 11 wins out of a previously undefeated team. And as far as first round picks, ask the Chiefs how those first rounders are working out for them. Again success is not gauranteed, but you keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

As far as the cheaters comment, so far there is a conflict on who is being honest about the situation. I trust the QB over the coach from New England. Hell they twist everything what make anyone think whatever he says isn't just a CYA job.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, in the spirit of what if's...How do you think Cutler will respond this season?

I think even though he is a cry baby he is also a team player. I think once this all blows over and they start working together as a team it will be forgotten. Once he starts working on the field with Royal, Schef and BMarsh they will do their thing because the want to suceed in the NFL

As far as stats I really have no clue how he will respond to McD's system.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
And your the kind of guy that would have pushed Elway out the door because Reeves said it was best.

There is so much wrong with your post and so much fud I can't believe you actually wrote that crap down. You put Jay Culter on half the teams in the league and you get a dangerous playoff team. Cassell couldn't get more than 11 wins out of a previously undefeated team. And as far as first round picks, ask the Chiefs how those first rounders are working out for them. Again success is not gauranteed, but you keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

As far as the cheaters comment, so far there is a conflict on who is being honest about the situation. I trust the QB over the coach from New England. Hell they twist everything what make anyone think whatever he says isn't just a CYA job.

Really? Am I pushing Cutler out the door by CONSIDERING three first round picks AND a starting quarterback in return? DId I say I would DO that deal? Or did I say I would consider it? Does someone need to work on his critical reading skills?

You act as if nothing changed for New England between '07 and '08. Denver was at the top of the list for injured players in '08. New England was right behind them, had a terrible offensive line (something Cutler didn't have to contend with), and an aging defense. But sure. Cassel was the reason they went from 16 to 11 wins. If you're a retard, I guess you just look at the simplest thing to wrap your head around and grab hold.

AGAIN, child, AGAIN, where did I state that success was "gaurnteed" or Guaranteed? Go ahead and look for it. And don't post again until you find it.

Ahhh, sweet silence.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Why do you keep this up? Trading Cutler is a once in a decade mistake. A coach not so much. I don't really care what New England did or didn't do. I know what didn't happen here. No playoffs, and that was not because of Jay Cutler. I don't care if we get three pics in the first round you don't trade a Qb like Cutler.

Hmmm, lets see join date Feb. 09. Adopt a bronco Dan Graham. Is that you Josh?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Why do you keep this up? Trading Cutler is a once in a decade mistake. A coach not so much. I don't really care what New England did or didn't do. I know what didn't happen here. No playoffs, and that was not because of Jay Cutler. I don't care if we get three pics in the first round you don't trade a Qb like Cutler.

Hmmm, lets see join date Feb. 09. Adopt a bronco Dan Graham. Is that you Josh?

Why? Because I like embarrassing little kids trying to play dress up with the adults. "JOSH BAD JAY GOOD!" Keep repeating that, click your heels together, and maybe it will come true.

For the last ****ing time, you flaming moron, I WANT JAY CUTLER LEADING THIS TEAM. How hard is that to understand? But I think that the entire thing has been blown out of proportion, and small minded individuals (like SOME people on this board -- HINT HINT) have taken every word from a nameless "source close to the situation" as gospel fact. I think people who aren't just a little bit skeptical that there might be more to the story than what we know from these "anonymous sources" needs to have his head examined.

You know NOTHING of what went on behind the scenes. NOTHING. Yet you persist as if you were in the war room getting calls about Cutler. You know NOTHING. Yet you persist as though you were on the conference call. You know NOTHING, and yet you defend Cutler and his actions, tooth and nail, while banging your head against the wall and shouting that we should fire Josh McDaniels because he came from New England and he might have actually taken a phone call about trading his quarterback to another team. Don't you see how retarded that is?

And then there was this gem: "I don't care if we get three pics in the first round you don't trade a Qb like Cutler."

Newsflash, Walter Cronkite: WE DIDN'T TRADE JAY CUTLER. So... what's your problem again?

2KBack
03-12-2009, 03:43 PM

I think we are judging Success differently. I personally don't find Cutler to be a success/franchise player yet. I think he is still quite raw, especially in the attitude department. He may put it together eventually, and if he does I hope he's a Bronco. I still remain firmly of the opinion that Cutler hasn't done anything to convince me he is worthy of the legendary praise he is recieving by some of the fanbase.

As for McD, he has more experience and success in the NFL than Cutler or anyone on this message board, that is for sure. whether second in command or not, he has at least earned enough to be given every opporunity to show what he can do as the boss.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Why? Because I like embarrassing little kids trying to play dress up with the adults. "JOSH BAD JAY GOOD!" Keep repeating that, click your heels together, and maybe it will come true.

For the last ****ing time, you flaming moron, I WANT JAY CUTLER LEADING THIS TEAM. How hard is that to understand? But I think that the entire thing has been blown out of proportion, and small minded individuals (like SOME people on this board -- HINT HINT) have taken every word from a nameless "source close to the situation" as gospel fact. I think people who aren't just a little bit skeptical that there might be more to the story than what we know from these "anonymous sources" needs to have his head examined.

You know NOTHING of what went on behind the scenes. NOTHING. Yet you persist as if you were in the war room getting calls about Cutler. You know NOTHING. Yet you persist as though you were on the conference call. You know NOTHING, and yet you defend Cutler and his actions, tooth and nail, while banging your head against the wall and shouting that we should fire Josh McDaniels because he came from New England and he might have actually taken a phone call about trading his quarterback to another team. Don't you see how retarded that is?

And then there was this gem: "I don't care if we get three pics in the first round you don't trade a Qb like Cutler."

Newsflash, Walter Cronkite: WE DIDN'T TRADE JAY CUTLER. So... what's your problem again?

And what do you know? Tell us all what you know. Otherwise shut the f up. This crap started somewhere, you think Jay tried to trade himself? You are all over the place with your crap. I have not defended Cutler once, I haven't said anything other than you keep him. You can't be too smart, I don't know what to say to someone who has no idea what his point is.

Here is the point, again, for the slow one. You don't trade a talented up and coming QB for any reason. I don't care who the coach is. I don't care how many draft pics short of a Hershel Walker deal. You don't do it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I think we are judging Success differently. I personally don't find Cutler to be a success/franchise player yet. I think he is still quite raw, especially in the attitude department. He may put it together eventually, and if he does I hope he's a Bronco. I still remain firmly of the opinion that Cutler hasn't done anything to convince me he is worthy of the legendary praise he is recieving by some of the fanbase.

As for McD, he has more experience and success in the NFL than Cutler or anyone on this message board, that is for sure. whether second in command or not, he has at least earned enough to be given every opporunity to show what he can do as the boss.

Finally, someone else gets it.

Cutler is good. So was Plummer. Griese took us to the Playoffs, some place that Cutler hasn't gone. Do I think Cutler CAN take us to the Playoffs? Of course I do. But is he untradeable? Not until he wins something more significant than a regular season game, no.

And you may not have defended Cutler, sonny boy, but you sure think that every problem would be solved by kicking McD out the McDoor.

frerottenextelway
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
This whole notion that Cutler needs to do the offseason drills is bull. The guy is clearly in shape.

http://www.hirepgym.com/images/jay-cutler/jay-cutler3.jpg

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Cutler is good. So was Plummer. Griese took us to the Playoffs, some place that Cutler hasn't gone. Do I think Cutler CAN take us to the Playoffs? Of course I do. But is he untradeable? Not until he wins something more significant than a regular season game, no.

And you may not have defended Cutler, sonny boy, but you sure think that every problem would be solved by kicking McD out the McDoor.

I don't think we need to kick him out the door, they need to follow the plan they had after Shanahan was fired. Limit the power and say the coach has and have a strong competent GM handling personell.

As for the playoffs, get a defense. I hope they are half as concerned about building a front 7 as they seem to be about replacing the QB. And stop signing old RB's.

SportinOne
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Just because a 100 dollar bill hasn't been spent yet doesn't mean it's not worth 100 dollars.

Jay hasn't produced because he's been given **** to work with (and don't give me that crap about his rookie season when they threw him into the fire.. yes, i was for that, yes, i thought he would do better, but he didn't and it's understandable, but since that year our teams have been awful by Bronco standards).

It's the same thing in baseball when people judge pitchers by their W/L record. The problem is that it's not isolated to that one player. A win or loss is a team effort and Cutler was the best player (Clady excluded) on a bad team last year. Stop looking at results and think with your head for a minute:

Cutler played for a team that had, what, 5 running backs go out for the year. He also played for a team that had a defense ranking in the bottom 5, although i believe we may have been THE WORST.

But wait, bring in Matt Cassell, that will fix things.

If Cassell was our quarterback last year we would have been lucky, extremely lucky, to win 4 games.

The Raiders would have swept us.

I understand that's impossible to really know for sure, and that there is a new coach now and it's irrelevant but, simply put, CUTLER IS A BETTER QUARTERBACK THAN CASSELL, OR RIVERS, OR ELI!

Rivers has that great ability to let his defense do the talking as well as feed off of LT's best years, which were undoubtedly some of the best years in NFL history. You just can't coach that kind of thing can you?!!?!

As for Eli "Sacking up and performing in the clutch"....It's called throwing up a prayer. Something many a quarterback have done but rarely with success. Are the ones that tossed up that same sort of pass and failed just as good as Eli based solely on the fact that they "sacked up"? Or does it have more to do with the receiver? It has more to do with the receiver doesn't it? Yes but you all like to sit on your "Biggest Bronco Fan in the World - Team First" thrones and say, "Well if he doesn't get it done the next one will." But that's horse crap. There is quite a bit of difference between Cutler and anyone else we would potentially find out there.

You know what McDaniels REALLY WANTED TO DO??!! Take us back to the Jake Plummer era. He would rather have a solid team with a top 10 defense and a 10-20 offense that gets to the playoffs more often than not and if the perfect storm comes together has an OUTSIDE SHOT at making the superbowl. THIS IS WHY WE GOT RID OF JAKE AND PICKED UP JAY!! To take us to the next level. To have a quarterback that could make things happen instead of a game manager. To have a juggernaut of a team instead of an opportunist of a team.

Hey McD, why not just build the same type of "solid team" around Jay? It's because it's much easier to build that team if you can get a couple first round picks for the quarterback and provide false hope for an entire legion of fans. Yes, guys like Trent Dilfer have won superbowls. Guys like Trent Dilfer have won superbowls with HISTORICALLY GREAT defenses. And teams pay guys like Trent Dilfer to give them that same sense of mediocrity+ all the time but it just DOES NOT PAY OFF. All it does is provide false hope and, oh by the way, greeeeeeeeaaaaaattttt revenue!!!!!!

I tried make this thread about taking a closer look at the DOCUMENTED actions of a quarterback instead of an endless line of speculation and slander. And you people just don't quit with all this piling on and piling on. I don't like Mcdaniels. I simply don't. He has created a gaping fissure in this organization and fan base and if he doesn't mend it I will simply follow Cutler on out of here.

USMCBladerunner
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Just because a 100 dollar bill hasn't been spent yet doesn't mean it's not worth 100 dollars.

Jay hasn't produced because he's been given **** to work with (and don't give me that crap about his rookie season when they threw him into the fire.. yes, i was for that, yes, i thought he would do better, but he didn't and it's understandable, but since that year our teams have been awful by Bronco standards).

It's the same thing in baseball when people judge pitchers by their W/L record. The problem is that it's not isolated to that one player. A win or loss is a team effort and Cutler was the best player (Clady excluded) on a bad team last year. Stop looking at results and think with your head for a minute:

Cutler played for a team that had, what, 5 running backs go out for the year. He also played for a team that had a defense ranking in the bottom 5, although i believe we may have been THE WORST.

But wait, bring in Matt Cassell, that will fix things.

If Cassell was our quarterback last year we would have been lucky, extremely lucky, to win 4 games.

I understand that's impossible to really know for sure, and that there is a new coach now and it's irrelevant but, simply put, CUTLER IS A BETTER QUARTERBACK THAN CASSELL, OR RIVERS, OR ELI!

Rivers has that great ability to let his defense do the talking as well as feed off of LT's best years, which were undoubtedly some of the best years in NFL history. You just can't coach that kind of thing can you?!!?!

As for Eli "Sacking up and performing in the clutch"....It's called throwing up a prayer. Something many a quarterback have done but rarely with success. Are the ones that tossed up that same sort of pass and failed just as good as Eli based solely on the fact that they "sacked up"? Or does it have more to do with the receiver? It has more to do with the receiver doesn't it? Yes but you all like to sit on your "Biggest Bronco Fan in the World - Team First" thrones and say, "Well if he doesn't get it done the next one will." But that's horse crap. There is quite a bit of difference between Cutler and anyone else we would potentially find out there.

You know what McDaniels REALLY WANTED TO DO??!! Take us back to the Jake Plummer era. He would rather have a solid team with a top 10 defense and a 10-20 offense that gets to the playoffs more often than not and if the perfect storm comes together has an OUTSIDE SHOT at making the superbowl. THIS IS WHY WE GOT RID OF JAKE AND PICKED UP JAY!! To take us to the next level. To have a quarterback that could make things happen instead of a game manager. To have a juggernaut of a team instead of an opportunist of a team.

Hey McD, why not just build the same type of "solid team" around Jay? It's because it's much easier to build that team if you can get a couple first round picks for the quarterback and provide false hope for an entire legion of fans. Yes, guys like Trent Dilfer have won superbowls. Guys like Trent Dilfer have won superbowls with HISTORICALLY GREAT defenses. And teams pay guys like Trent Dilfer to give them that same sense of mediocrity+ all the time but it just DOES NOT PAY OFF. All it does is provide false hope and, oh by the way, greeeeeeeeaaaaaattttt revenue!!!!!!

I tried make this thread about taking a closer look at the DOCUMENTED actions of a quarterback instead of an endless line of speculation and slander. And you people just don't quit with all this piling on and piling on. I don't like Mcdaniels. I simply don't. He has created a gaping fissure in this organization and fan base and if he doesn't mend it I will simply follow Cutler on out of here.

well I'm sure we would hate to see you two go but if Jay's sandy clit forces a trade then :welcome: to the both of you. Aloha means good riddance.

Rohirrim
03-12-2009, 05:06 PM
This whole notion that Cutler needs to do the offseason drills is bull. The guy is clearly in shape.

http://www.hirepgym.com/images/jay-cutler/jay-cutler3.jpg

You call that "in shape?" That guy couldn't scratch his own ass. Ha!

Archer81
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Will this never end? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:Broncos:

rad
03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
.... I don't care if we get three pics in the first round you don't trade a Qb like Cutler.

Ummmm......yes you do. Cutler doesn't have it upstairs. It's like Jeff George and Philip Rivers had a kid.....then fed it a bunch of pot.

scttgrd
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Ummmm......yes you do. Cutler doesn't have it upstairs. It's like Jeff George and Philip Rivers had a kid.....then fed it a bunch of pot.

You have to be kidding right. You do know he went to Vanderbilt. It's called tring too hard to keep up with what the defese is giving up. Oh and no running game complicates things.

rad
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
You have to be kidding right. You do know he went to Vanderbilt. It's called tring too hard to keep up with what the defese is giving up. Oh and no running game complicates things.

No, I'm not kidding.

I'm well aware he went to Vandy..... so he's used to losing. What's your point?