PDA

View Full Version : Hahahahaha Haynsworth faces jail time/suspension

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29596055/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A grand jury on Monday will consider whether former Titan defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth should be charged in a December crash that injured a man on Interstate 65.

Prosecutors said the NFL all-pro did not report the crash to his probation officer.

The police report said Haynesworth forced Corey Edmondson, 25, of Antioch into another lane, causing him to crash into the concrete median.

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Suck on that, Mr. Snyder.

TheReverend
03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
W...
T...
F...

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
we're not in any position to be "haha"-ing at any other team right now...

Northman
03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Too bad, so sad.

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2009, 09:34 AM

neither was this guy, but....

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:fC2UEnxW6G99BM::www.thevancouverite.c om/pictures/nelson-muntz.gif

...he did it anyway..HA HA.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 09:35 AM

I make an exception for they Snyders of the world. not only hahaha but Bwahahahaha

HILife
03-12-2009, 09:38 AM
That is funny:spit: :spit:

Dendave
03-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Where does it say jail time, suspension

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I make an exception for they Snyders of the world. not only hahaha but Bwahahahaha

lol...

screw it, why not...i'm in...

http://www.ugodog.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/mutley1.jpg

yuck it up!!...

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 09:41 AM

Violating Parole is a serious issue and the league will surely not like it. Thus he faces prison time and suspension.

tsiguy96
03-12-2009, 09:41 AM

when you get in trouble with the law, sometimes it means jail time. however, given that the commish doesnt care about auto injurys (lynch) he prolly wont get a suspension.

Dendave
03-12-2009, 09:43 AM
your opinion...not always true

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
your opinion...not always true

Which part is not true? violating parole is a big deal or the league tends to suspend people who spend time in jail???

HILife
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29596055/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A grand jury on Monday will consider whether former Titan defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth should be charged in a December crash that injured a man on Interstate 65.

Prosecutors said the NFL all-pro did not report the crash to his probation officer.

The police report said Haynesworth forced Corey Edmondson, 25, of Antioch into another lane, causing him to crash into the concrete median.

Is this old news or new news? I can't tell.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 09:54 AM
WSMV-TV
updated 1:52 p.m. MT, Mon., March. 9, 2009

On Dec. 9, Haynesworth received 30 days probation and paid $1,000 in court fees for going more than 100 mph on the interstate in March 2008.

Haynesworth signed a $100 million contract with the Washington Redskins last month

Its new

Dendave
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
again violating parole in a big deal in your opinion, it depends on the situation. The article does not say anywhere that he violated parole, it just says he didn't report it to his parole officer. And the title reads Jury considers charges...that is for the accident not the so called parole violation. I still don't see where he violated parole, unless he wasn't supposed to be driving

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
again violating parole in a big deal in your opinion, it depends on the situation. The article does not say anywhere that he violated parole, it just says he didn't report it to his parole officer. And the title reads Jury considers charges...that is for the accident not the so called parole violation. I still don't see where he vilotated parole, unless he wasn't supposed to be driving

Im pretty sure your suposed to tell your parole officer of any accident you create or are involved in. Then again never having been on parole I maybe incorrect. Lets ask someone that knows.

Hey any raider fans around that could help us out here???

tsiguy96
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
again violating parole in a big deal in your opinion, it depends on the situation. The article does not say anywhere that he violated parole, it just says he didn't report it to his parole officer. And the title reads Jury considers charges...that is for the accident not the so called parole violation. I still don't see where he violated parole, unless he wasn't supposed to be driving

are you stupid? its not an opinion that the commish suspends people who break the personal conduct policy, and going to court for speeding and running a man off the road causing injury definitely does that. you dont need conviction or even real proof of wrong doing to get suspended by him.

Dendave
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I must be stupid...all I asked was where it said he was facing jail time/suspension...that to me is your opinion not fact, yet. He might be facing jail time or suspension, but that is a matter of opinion right now

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I must be stupid...all I asked was where it said he was facing jail time/suspension...that to me is your opinion not fact, yet. He might be facing jail time or suspension, but that is a matter of opinion right now

I am also of the opinon that bears **** in the woods but I guess I dont have any real proof :)

gyldenlove
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM

I think we are in a position to haha a team for giving 40 million to a guy who will tan in lines for a while.

tsiguy96
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM

when a grand jury is deciding whether or not to convict you, you have the opportunity of going to jail. even if you dont, the commish is likely to suspend you for some amount of time for getting in trouble with the law. thats fact.

Dendave
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I am also of the opinon that bears **** in the woods but I guess I dont have any real proof :)

True he might **** in a stream, lake or river for all you know

Dendave
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
when a grand jury is deciding whether or not to convict you, you have the opportunity of going to jail. even if you dont, the commish is likely to suspend you for some amount of time for getting in trouble with the law. thats fact.

again where does it say jury is looking for a conviction, it says they are looking to bring charges...once charges are levied, he has about $100 million dollars to fight them, true commish might suspend him, but this is not fact it is opinion

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Can we get back on topic here.

hahahahahaha the 100 million dollar convict :)

tsiguy96
03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
again where does it say jury is looking for a conviction, it says they are looking to bring charges...once charges are levied, he has about $100 million dollars to fight them, true commish might suspend him, but this is not fact it is opinion

they are looking to bring charges, if you have charges brought against you, which they may very well do, he has the opportunity to face jail time. whether or not he gets convicted, he is going to get a meeting with teh commish and maybe get a suspension as well. look at the whole picture here instead of me saying everything is my opinion, when in reality it is fact.

fact: if you get charges brought against you, you can go to jail.
fact: if you get charges brought against you, you meet with commish over personal conduct policy.
fact: when you meet with the commish, you can get suspended.

where is my opinion in any of this?

Dendave
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
The article was dated Monday 3/9, I can't seem to find if they decided anything, or are they meeting next Monday?

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I think someone here is a defense attorney.

This all really comes down to the definition of "is" IMHO

Dendave
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
fact: when you meet with the commish, you can get suspended.

I met him, I didn't get a suspension, yet, still might be coming though.

Dendave
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Titans All Pro defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is being blamed for causing an accident that left a Tennessee man needing hip replacement and has a district attorney reviewing the Dec. 13 incident for a possible probation violation.
Haynesworth is due to become a free agent Feb. 27 and is seeking to become the NFL's highest-paid defensive player.
In December, he agreed to 30 days' probation to divert a ticket for driving 103 mph in a 70-mph zone in March only four days before being cited for careless driving on Interstate 65 south of Nashville. He allegedly was speeding in his 2008 black Ferrari and trying to pass Corey Edmonson of Nashville, who lost control and crashed into the concrete median.
Haynesworth was cited for careless driving and having an expired registration in the incident, charges dismissed in Brentwood City Court on Thursday.
But Williamson County District Attorney Kim Helper said the case is being reviewed and could go to a grand jury as early as March 9 because HaynesworthAll we want to do is look at the facts of the accident on the 13th. He was on probation and should have reported the accident to his parole officer," Helper said.
"That's the biggest disappointment: He was on probation and didn't report the accident."
She said her office is not treating Haynesworth any differently and is holding him to the same standard as anyone else. Helper said she would not speculate on what kind of punishment he could receive if he is indicted and convicted. She said a misdemeanor is punishable by 11 months, 29 days in jail, but it could be probated.
Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, said the accident happened the morning after snow and cold left slick spots on the road. He wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press that Haynesworth pulled over immediately, called police and did not leave until cleared by an officer.
"Albert was completely unaware of any injuries sustained by anyone involved in the accident at the time. Mr. Edmonson's injuries are unfortunate and Albert certainly wishes him a very speedy recovery. He promptly turned this matter over to his insurance company," Speck wrote.
Edmondson's attorney said his client is disabled because of the crash and needs a wheelchair or walker to move. Attorney John Perry said Haynesworth also has not visited, called or sent a note to Edmonson, adding insult to his injuries.
"Hopefully Haynesworth and his representatives will do right by Mr. Edmondson. He has short term and long term needs caused by Haynesworth's behavior," the attorney said.
The Tennessean reported that the police report listed a witness driving 79 mph on the interstate when she was passed by Haynesworth who then tried to pass Edmonson's 1999 Grand Marquis. Edmonson told The Nashville City Paper the hip replacement was a result of his injuries from the crash.
Haynesworth played in Houston a day later and sprained his left knee, an injury that kept him out of the final two games of the season. He is coming off a season in which he had a career-high 8˝ sacks and earned free agency after being slapped with the franchise tag.
The Titans have said signing Haynesworth to a new contract is their top priority this offseason. Coach Jeff Fisher said they still are gathering information on this incident and could not comment further.

Natedogg
03-12-2009, 10:26 AM
And so you know:

Parole is different than Probation.

Parole means you are out on "early release from jail" and most likely will go right back in.

Probation means you are "one step away" from going to jail.

Parole is usually quite a bit more serious.

A lawyer could explain it way better than I, but the terms are not interchangeable.

anyways. Ha Ha!

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Titans All Pro defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is being blamed for causing an accident that left a Tennessee man needing hip replacement and has a district attorney reviewing the Dec. 13 incident for a possible probation violation.
Haynesworth is due to become a free agent Feb. 27 and is seeking to become the NFL's highest-paid defensive player.
In December, he agreed to 30 days' probation to divert a ticket for driving 103 mph in a 70-mph zone in March only four days before being cited for careless driving on Interstate 65 south of Nashville. He allegedly was speeding in his 2008 black Ferrari and trying to pass Corey Edmonson of Nashville, who lost control and crashed into the concrete median.
Haynesworth was cited for careless driving and having an expired registration in the incident, charges dismissed in Brentwood City Court on Thursday.
But Williamson County District Attorney Kim Helper said the case is being reviewed and could go to a grand jury as early as March 9 because HaynesworthAll we want to do is look at the facts of the accident on the 13th. He was on probation and should have reported the accident to his parole officer," Helper said.
"That's the biggest disappointment: He was on probation and didn't report the accident."
She said her office is not treating Haynesworth any differently and is holding him to the same standard as anyone else. Helper said she would not speculate on what kind of punishment he could receive if he is indicted and convicted. She said a misdemeanor is punishable by 11 months, 29 days in jail, but it could be probated.
Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, said the accident happened the morning after snow and cold left slick spots on the road. He wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press that Haynesworth pulled over immediately, called police and did not leave until cleared by an officer.
"Albert was completely unaware of any injuries sustained by anyone involved in the accident at the time. Mr. Edmonson's injuries are unfortunate and Albert certainly wishes him a very speedy recovery. He promptly turned this matter over to his insurance company," Speck wrote.
Edmondson's attorney said his client is disabled because of the crash and needs a wheelchair or walker to move. Attorney John Perry said Haynesworth also has not visited, called or sent a note to Edmonson, adding insult to his injuries.
"Hopefully Haynesworth and his representatives will do right by Mr. Edmondson. He has short term and long term needs caused by Haynesworth's behavior," the attorney said.
The Tennessean reported that the police report listed a witness driving 79 mph on the interstate when she was passed by Haynesworth who then tried to pass Edmonson's 1999 Grand Marquis. Edmonson told The Nashville City Paper the hip replacement was a result of his injuries from the crash.
Haynesworth played in Houston a day later and sprained his left knee, an injury that kept him out of the final two games of the season. He is coming off a season in which he had a career-high 8˝ sacks and earned free agency after being slapped with the franchise tag.
The Titans have said signing Haynesworth to a new contract is their top priority this offseason. Coach Jeff Fisher said they still are gathering information on this incident and could not comment further.

I see sence it was cold and snow had make slick spots his reckless high speed driving if mother natures ****ing fault Ha!

Jason in LA
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't really see what the big deal is about this one. It doesn't seem like this infraction would warrant him to go to jail or be suspended. That would seem like an extremely tough penalty for something that is really minor.

Hotrod
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't really see what the big deal is about this one. It doesn't seem like this infraction would warrant him to go to jail or be suspended. That would seem like an extremely tough penalty for something that is really minor.

Um Jason this here is the interwebs where jumping to conclusions and blowing **** way out of proportion is a tradition :)

I do think it is funny watching his agent twist **** around. "it was cold and wet that was the real problem here" Ha!

Los Broncos
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Wow to bad for the Redskins.

Ziggy
03-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Being that he's an NFL star, we all know that he isn't going to jail. He'll get probation. Now think about this. If you're Albert Haynesworth, and you get into an accident 2 months before free agency starts.......are you going to report it and lose millions? He kept it under wraps, got his 100 million dollar contract, and now will face the music. He has about a 95+ % chance of being given probation only, and a possible 1-3 game suspension by the league.

He got the big contract, that might have been a lot less than it would have been, had he reported this when it happened. It may not have been an oversight or miscalculation on his part. It was, quite possibly, just a shrewd business move.

Dendave
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
So here is our answer
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2009/03/haynesworth_indicted.html

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges in Tennessee after an accident that seriously injured another driver.
District Attorney Kim Helper says Haynesworth faces charges of reckless driving and having expired registration.
Haynesworth, a former Tennessee Titan who signed with the Redskins last month, was released after surrendering Wednesday. Maximum punishment is six months in jail and a $500 fine on the reckless driving charge and 30 days and a $50 fine for the other charge.
The charges come from a Dec. 13 incident in which police say Haynesworth was trying to pass another driver, who crashed into a concrete median.
Haynesworth's agent didn't immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.
Jason Reid reports that nothing has changed with Haynesworth's plan to participate in the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday at Redskins Park.

DeusExManning
03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Old news, redskins were aware of it.

SlipperyPete
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Being that he's an NFL star, we all know that he isn't going to jail.

Reminds me of this (from Kissing Suzy Kolber):

Fictional Cheerleader Biography: Mindy

Melinda’s mother died giving birth to her first and only daughter. Melinda’s mom had been artificially inseminated and intended to raise the child alone. Mindy, as she came to be known by the people in Florida Child Protective Services, possessed an immediate affinity for those around her and her caretakers were quick to note how remarkable this quality was for someone who grew up never knowing their biological parents.

Mindy bounced around foster families for most of her childhood. Despite the volatile nature of her upbringing, she never went through a rebellious phase, always doing what was told of her, excelling in school and eschewing potentially troublesome friends. She would have been valedictorian of her high school outside St. Louis, had she not committed so much of her time to volunteer work, causing a few would-be As to slip to Bs.

Not having a family to support her, Mindy couldn’t get quite enough in scholarships to attend the colleges she wanted. She instead got a job as an administrative assistant and attended community college at night, in the hopes of one day becoming a teacher. Hers is a difficult life but she remains buoyant in her outlook and optimistic in nature.

In September, she will have a late evening of drinking with some classmates. After dropping them off, she will drive home drunk. Less than a mile from her home, her vehicle will strike and kill Rams defensive end Leonard Little.

For her crime, she will receive a mandatory 10 years in a federal prison.