PDA

View Full Version : Darrius Heyward-Bey, 4.30 speed!

Gort
03-12-2009, 07:34 AM
if Cutler continues to pout and force a trade, i expect Brandon Marshall to be the next locker room problem. here's one guy who could replace him, and this player might be available come the Broncos turn to draft in the 1st. at least something for the Broncos FO to think about...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.heywardbey12mar12,0,6395292.story

BTW, he's 6' 3", 206 pounds, and ran a 4.30 forty at the combine. he went to a good private HS in Baltimore and played in a college pro-style system with a coach who doesn't take BS from players. in short, he's not gonna be a flava clown like you-know-who, and is more likely to be like Eddie Royal... good citizens with strong work ethics.

spdirty
03-12-2009, 07:53 AM
If we take a wideout in the first round, I will make these guys look mello by comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
if and this player might be available come the Broncos turn to draft in the 1st.

Considering that even after great performances in the combine and at Maryland, they're still talking about him as a late-first/early-second round prospect, I think it's safe to say that he'll still be there at 12. He's not going to shoot up the boards any more unless the 2 or 3 WRs ahead of him all go down with severe knee injuries in their personal workouts.

Few things in the world scare me more than 1st round WRs.....

Br0nc0Buster
03-12-2009, 08:12 AM
We wont have a shot at him

Raiders will take him with their first pick.

Kaylore
03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't mind taking a receiver in the draft, just not in the first round. Unless crabtree falls to us and there's nothing else of value. Then we could unload Marshall and his immaturity. At 12, there's not a lot of great choices for the value. I'd still love to trade back.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Few things in the world scare me more than 1st round WRs.....

That's a good point. Nothing against Wide Receivers (I played WR), but I think that it's the most overrated position on offense. They don't take it to the defense in the way that a good line ... or running back does.

1st round WRs are usually more trouble than they're worth.

supermanhr9
03-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd take him over B-Marsh. If I were Mickey D I'd trade Cutler and Marshall, to cleveland for quinn rogers and their first round pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd take him over B-Marsh. If I were Mickey D I'd trade Cutler and Marshall, to cleveland for quinn rogers and their first round pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Hilarious!

USMCBladerunner
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM

Do they even have a first to trade?

Bob's your Information Minister
03-12-2009, 10:18 AM
He's 6-1 5/8. Don't get it twisted.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2009, 10:22 AM
If we take this guy in the first round, i might pack it in

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I seem to remember one Chris Cole who had a 4.28 40 time. How'd he work out again?

chaz
03-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Do they even have a first to trade?

The browns have the fifth overall pick

ZONA
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm going to pretend this thread doesn't exist. Uhh, yeah, sure, let's take a WR that could be had in the late 1st round maybe early 2nd at #12 knowing we have no defense at all and already 2 great WR's and 2 really good ones.

I nominate this post as the most stupid post in the last month. I know I know, it's a hard choice there have been so many lately.

Elway777
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I personal would not mind Heyward Bey because the Broncos are build to win with Offence . I would trade down in draft to 20 -23 pick and take Heyward Bey and pick up a extra second rounder. If the Broncos stay at 12 then they could take Tyson Jackson but if the Broncos trade down then draft Heyward Bey they could still draft a defensive end in Gilbert or Hood in the second round.

Gort
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm going to pretend this thread doesn't exist. Uhh, yeah, sure, let's take a WR that could be had in the late 1st round maybe early 2nd at #12 knowing we have no defense at all and already 2 great WR's and 2 really good ones.

I nominate this post as the most stupid post in the last month. I know I know, it's a hard choice there have been so many lately.

well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

http://www.urbanhonking.com/greatestband/archives/Steve_Martin_250.jpg