PDA

View Full Version : PR Stunt

KillerBronco#76
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I dont know about you guys but i remember last year there was a rumor going around that they wanted to use denver for Hard Knocks. You guys think this whole drama between cutler and McDaniels could be a pr stunt building hype for the show?I think Cutler will show up to camp and I wouldn't be suprised if we hear later that our training camp will be on T.V.. I remember Shanahan was the only opposition to it... Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not what do you think???

You have to admit that were getting alot of press because of this... I am buying into the conspiracy theory.

spdirty
03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Time for another facepalm thread.

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
That's right .... HBO was gonna feature the Broncos on Hard Knocks.

I'll bet they're double-certain it was the right choice now.

TDmvp
03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
MHGAFFNEY TO THE RED COURTESY PHONE , mhgaffney to the red courtesy phone !!! ...

He will love this thread ...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/70262175_c2f76b320b.jpg?v=0

Dudeskey
03-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll bet this whole thing has really sold a lot of Cutler jerseys, and I'm sure season ticketholders were more eager than ever to make their payments all thanks to this bruhaha...

Sorry, I don't buy it

KillerBronco#76
03-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I'll bet this whole thing has really sold a lot of Cutler jerseys, and I'm sure season ticketholders were more eager than ever to make their payments all thanks to this bruhaha...

Sorry, I don't buy it

It may be a stretch... but that is up till now what happens when Cutler shows up monday??? Makes sense from HBO's Stand point and denver's. Building hype for the show. I guarantee more people would watch it after this.

broncocalijohn
03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
MHGAFFNEY TO THE RED COURTESY PHONE , mhgaffney to the red courtesy phone !!! ...

He will love this thread ...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/70262175_c2f76b320b.jpg?v=0

BUY MY TV SHOW. He wont see it because this is broncos related. Unless he uses the search feature and types his name.

TDmvp
03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
BUY MY TV SHOW. He wont see it because this is broncos related. Unless he uses the search feature and types his name.

ROFL! no doubt ...

O and

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phyXPdnnMVk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phyXPdnnMVk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dudeskey
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
It may be a stretch... but that is up till now what happens when Cutler shows up monday??? Makes sense from HBO's Stand point and denver's. Building hype for the show. I guarantee more people would watch it after this.

Looking at it from a business standpoint, I don't think it generates any more revenue for the Broncos organization than it would if this offseason were free of any controversey. Yes, controversey usually generate buzz & publicity, but this is the NFL, not hollywood. With this type of uncertainty, regarding the QB situation you can't seriously think this could be a boost to ticket sales and merchandise. I don't think that would be worth risking just for a TV show.

KillerBronco#76
03-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Looking at it from a business standpoint, I don't think it generates any more revenue for the Broncos organization than it would if this offseason were free of any controversey. Yes, controversey usually generate buzz & publicity, but this is the NFL, not hollywood. With this type of uncertainty, regarding the QB situation you can't seriously think this could be a boost to ticket sales and merchandise. I don't think that would be worth risking just for a TV show.

Unless you plan on winning too... In the NFL its about two things Name Recognition and Winning if you can put those 2 together it will increase business in the future . So if you create drama to put yourself in the spot light and then actually put together a pretty good year like we will that's a pretty good recipe for $$$.

Even if i am as far off from the truth as possible... a man can go pretty far on faith can't he? ask any religious person.