PDA

View Full Version : Will McDaniels make it the full three years of his contract?

lex
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
poll to follow

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Please no one entertain this stupid poll and question.

FireFly
03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I think so. I expect to miss the playoffs this year. Bowlen can't be that impatient -or maybe he is - I think we make them the year after. Otherwise he's already lost his job.

If we make the playoffs next year he will see out the 3 years. I believe we'll make the playoffs next year. Therefore I believe he will keep his job for 3 years.

lostknight
03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Depends on how the team does, and if they actually do trade Jay. If they do, then McDaniels will have to win and win hard the first year.

If not, he will be gone.

FireFly

IMO - its no worse than alot of the other threads going around atm. It's a fair question.

I'm suprised we haven't seen a, will Cutler be starting for the Broncos poll yet.

lex
I think so. I expect to miss the playoffs this year. Bowlen can't be that impatient -or maybe he is - I think we make them the year after. Otherwise he's already lost his job.

If we make the playoffs next year he will see out the 3 years. I believe we'll make the playoffs next year. Therefore I believe he will keep his job for 3 years.

What if he doesnt make it to the playoffs this year but along with that the fan reaction to him is extremely negative to the extent that it may also include seeing the sellout streak end.

Los Broncos
03-11-2009, 11:04 PM
All this talk about the coach and he hasn't even coached one game.

lostknight
03-11-2009, 11:05 PM

Yep. Because he is being struck by the same stupidity that cost Mike Shanahan his job.

If Shanahan was fired for being a poor GM, how on earth did we think that hiring a 32 year old coach would be the fix for a problem at GM?

bpc
03-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Money is tight. I think he makes it through. I future doesn't bode well for him with the way he currently works.

Popps
03-11-2009, 11:16 PM

It's better than his last poll which asked if "he was a good coach."

Hilarious!

Just play along and humor him. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

lex
03-11-2009, 11:18 PM
It's better than his last poll which asked if "he was a good coach."

Hilarious!

Just play along and humor him. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

You said you think he is a great coach.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh for the love of...

:Broncos:

FireFly
03-11-2009, 11:32 PM
What if he doesnt make it to the playoffs this year but along with that the fan reaction to him is extremely negative to the extent that it may also include seeing the sellout streak end.

I don't think we make it to the playoffs this year. I think 2010 is the year he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. If he doesn't he will lose his job. I just think we will. Independent of fan reaction I don't think he's only given 1 year. I think Bowlen gives him more time than this. He's not going to want to start again, with a new HC and new front office in a years time. Not after witnessing the adjustment pains this time around.

See, in this way he keeps his job through 2011 effectively seeing out the term of his contract. If we make it again in 2011 he gets an extention (possibly) if not, shown the door.

I don't think Bowlen fires him for not making the playoffs this year. Obviously that's just my opinion, but it is what it is.

Popps
03-11-2009, 11:39 PM
You said you think he is a great coach.

Absolutely never said that, and you've already been thoroughly embarrassed for this ridiculous oversight (i.e. reading error) on your part.

So, if you want to look like an idiot again... we can go through this whole dance one more time.

lex
03-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Absolutely never said that, and you've already been thoroughly embarrassed for this ridiculous oversight (i.e. reading error) on your part.

So, if you want to look like an idiot again... we can go through this whole dance one more time.

Ive been embarrassed? Sorry I must have missed that. What I remember is reading what you wrote and seeing that you think he is a great coach. I also remember you then running from directly answering the question like Clay Aikens on a fishing trip.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Ive been embarrassed? Sorry I must have missed that. What I remember is reading what you wrote and seeing that you think he is a great coach. I also remember you then running from directly answering the question like Clay Aikens on a fishing trip.

Uhh...

:Broncos:

Popps
03-11-2009, 11:46 PM

O.K. junior. We can do it again. Let's point out your idiocy again..... here we go...

Lex, post a link to a quote where I said "McDaneils IS a great coach."

Go ahead, boss... we can do this drill again. Post the link.....

::)

watermock
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM

Chicken sh!t.

Your the one that has gotten what he wanted.

Live with it and stfu.

lex
03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
O.K. junior. We can do it again. Let's point out your idiocy again..... here we go...

Go ahead, boss... we can do this drill again. Post the link.....

::)

I know what you wrote. I still get that you think he is a great coach.

watermock
03-11-2009, 11:54 PM

He hasn't even been a HC. STFU.

It's very well known what your stance has been on shanahan, Marshall, and Cutler.

extralife
03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
The only way he is possibly fired is if he trades Cutler and wins less than three games next year. Then the possibility is on the table.

Popps
03-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I know what you wrote. I still get that you think he is a great coach.

Ahhhh.... you GET that I think he's a great head coach.

You mean, you THINK my OPINION is that he's a great coach.

But, I never said that... never came close. I have no idea if he's a "great coach," hence... haven't stated that.

Thanks Lex. Should we do this again tomorrow? 11:00 pm pacific?

Popps
03-12-2009, 12:09 AM
He hasn't even been a HC. STFU.

It's very well known what your stance has been on shanahan, Marshall, and Cutler.

Right, Mock. That's what I just said. Thanks for backing me up.

Shanahan? Loved the guy. Defended him around here for years, and followed him from his days in early Den and SF. Huge fan. Hated to see things go south for him, but it was time to move on.

Marshall? Turd. Fairly open and shut case. If he didn't catch footballs, this forum would be 100% unified in throwing him in jail. But, he-catch-ball-good, so there's probably some female to blame for his fist hitting them.

Cutler? Love his skills, have been leery of his demeanor since early last season, and those concerns have played themselves out to be fairly worthwhile.

lex
03-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Ahhhh.... you GET that I think he's a great head coach.

You mean, you THINK my OPINION is that he's a great coach.

But, I never said that... never came close. I have no idea if he's a "great coach," hence... haven't stated that.

Thanks Lex. Should we do this again tomorrow? 11:00 pm pacific?

No, the way you put that sentence together coupled with the other crap you were saying tipped your hand. I know youd like to deny it and dont want to be pinned down to actually taking a position and you can BS all you want. You think McDaniels is a great coach.

Popps
03-12-2009, 12:13 AM
No, the way you put that sentence together coupled with the other crap you were saying tipped your hand. I know youd like to deny it and dont want to be pinned down to actually taking a position and you can BS all you want. You think McDaniels is a great coach.

:spit:

Thanks buddy. It's been fun. Let me know when you find that quote. (Hint: in your mind doesn't count.)

ROFL!

lex
03-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks buddy. It's been fun. Let me know when you find that quote. (Hint: in your mind doesn't count.)

ROFL!

Youre not fooling anyone. Nice try though.

Popps
03-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Youre not fooling anyone. Nice try though.

Right, everyone else understands simple English. So, no one else had trouble with the simple sentence.

Well, almost no one....

lex
03-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Right, everyone else understands simple English. So, no one else had trouble with the simple sentence.

Well, almost no one....

Id like to stay up all night and watch you posture but I have to get some sleep. Youll have to take up this act with me tomorrow.

GreatBronco16
03-12-2009, 12:39 AM
You think McDaniels is a great coach.

And you think Cutler is a future HOF QB.

Who ****ing cares?

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2009, 12:51 AM
This poll is useless until right before our first game of the regular season.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2009, 01:02 AM
he'll be fired within 3 years, and no way in hell does he even sniff another HC job for a really long time.

Anaximines
03-12-2009, 01:09 AM
this too shall pass

the kid will be fine.

OrangeRising
03-12-2009, 01:11 AM
I haven't seen anything yet that tells me this guy knows what he's doing.

He doesn't talk to the press, and feels he doesn't need to explain anything, even to correct misinformation.

Yes, he has made some free agency signings that may help some, cut the fat, and the Dawkins signing was a coup, but this Jay Cutler drama has been handled with all the adept personnel skill of Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Hulamau
03-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Forget it Popps, you're dealing with an emotional ninth grader ... if not in fact a ninth grader. Apparently, his cerebral cortex hasn't finished developing yet.

GreatBronco16
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
I haven't seen anything yet that tells me this guy knows what he's doing.

He doesn't talk to the press, and feels he doesn't need to explain anything, even to correct misinformation.

Yes, he has made some free agency signings that may help some, cut the fat, and the Dawkins signing was a coup, but this Jay Cutler drama has been handled with all the adept personnel skill of Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Boy you just can't invent stupid like this.

OrangeRising
03-12-2009, 01:33 AM
How so, friend?

last thing I want to do is offend around here, so, what did I say that was wrong, or for that matter, stupid?