PDA

View Full Version : CBS4: Cutler leaning towards reporting Monday

montrose
03-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Will Cutler Report Monday?
By Vic Lombardi

DENVER (CBS4) ―When we last left you, Jay Cutler was playing phone-tag with Pat Bowlen. The owner and his new coach finally got him on the line Monday, where according to a team source, the Broncos emphasized to Cutler that he won't be traded.

The Broncos also insisted that he meet with Josh McDaniels in person to clear whatever air there's left to clear.

As of Tuesday night, Cutler was still in Nashville.

The Broncos are hoping to meet with him sometime this week. And they're expecting him to show up for offseason workouts on Monday.

Cutler is still contemplating his next move. However, I was told Wednesday, the quarterback does not want to disappoint his teammates, and he's leaning towards being at Dove Valley on Monday.

If he fails to show up, we've got a problem.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.956722.html

arghemtee
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
He will report. He is a team player.

skpac1001
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Cutler still has to shake his magic 8 ball and read the Cosmo article "What do you do when your man doesn't want you", then take the quiz before he decides. When he gets to camp he, his BFF and the gang are totally going to ignore Mr. McDaniels.

lex
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
He just needs to constantly make it clear that he's playing for his teammates and not the new regime. Im guessing one thing that bothers him is the fact that if Jay is successful, he makes the coach look good. When people ask him about the relationship with McDaniels, he needs to just say, "what relationship?" When people mention the name McDaniels, he needs to just say, "who?" and leave it at that.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Ignore the coach...that will fix things.

:Broncos:

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
When we last left you, Jay Cutler was playing phone-tag with Pat Bowlen.

Wait .... doesn't "phone tag" specifically imply that calls were made both ways?

Will the cowards who blasted Cutler for this be man enough to step up here and eat their crow?

Bronx33
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Cash your huge paycheck jay and put the touchy feely pink fuzzy crap in your hotwheels box and play football.

lex
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Ignore the coach...that will fix things.

No not ignore the coach. But he can publicly refuse to acknowledge McDaniels.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
There is one thing Cutler has been in this whole mess that is positive. He has been loyal to his teammates.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
No not ignore the coach. But he can publicly refuse to acknowledge McDaniels.

Which is a very mature, reasonable way to act.

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
He just needs to constantly make it clear that he's playing for his teammates and not the new regime. Im guessing one thing that bothers him is the fact that if Jay is successful, he makes the coach look good. When people ask him about the relationship with McDaniels, he needs to just say, "what relationship?" When people mention the name McDaniels, he needs to just say, "who?" and leave it at that.

He should also refer to the coach as "Shorty" and ask him to carry his bag.

lex
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Which is a very mature, reasonable way to act.

McDaniels wants people to respect him. This is a way for Jay to remain with the team and voice disapproval of the current regime without voicing disapproval. He should just not mention the name "McDaniels" at any point next season. He should play his heart out and take in the coaching and work with him that way but publicly not acknowledge him. He doesnt actually owe McDaniels that. Its actually his right to do that.

BTW, dont pretend that McDaniels has wisdom in his corner...and he is actually the head coach...allegedly.

SureShot
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
There is one thing Cutler has been in this whole mess that is positive. He has been loyal to his teammates.

Cutler maybe some things, but a bad team mate is not one of them.

TDmvp
03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM

He should play The Rock's theme music when he walks and keep saying ''it doesn't matter what you think'' anytime Josh speaks.

lex
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM

If he did that, I would love to be there to see it.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
McDaniels wants people to respect him. This is a way for Jay to remain with the team and voice disapproval of the current regime without voicing disapproval. He should just not mention the name "McDaniels" at any point next season. He should play his heart out and take in the coaching and work with him that way but publicly not acknowledge him. He doesnt actually owe McDaniels that. Its actually his right to do that.

BTW, dont pretend that McDaniels has wisdom in his corner...and he is actually the head coach...allegedly.

Dont pretend Jay is allowed his self righteous indignation. He plays a game for a living. Purposely ignoring his HC in public is a sign of low maturity. Jay needs to get over it, and if he wants the team to show its commitment to him, a 17-20 record needs to be improved.

Meck77
03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Hopefully he's listening to this on his ipod.......

This just might have been the biggest non story in the history of the omane. lmfao

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpKAA2VxWY8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpKAA2VxWY8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Great...he's leaning towards showing up for his job.

lex
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Dont pretend Jay is allowed his self righteous indignation. He plays a game for a living. Purposely ignoring his HC in public is a sign of low maturity. Jay needs to get over it, and if he wants the team to show its commitment to him, a 17-20 record needs to be improved.

No. He doesnt need to publicly acknowledge McDaniels. In fact, the more I think about it, the more Im convinced he shouldnt, especially if its the only way they can co-exist,...and it might very well be. Like I said previously, Jay doesnt owe McDaniels any sort of public acknowledgment and thats not so much a lack of maturity as much as its the truth. If Jay plays is butt off but doesnt acknowledge McDaniels publicly, then its McDaniels problem and its a problem with his ego/self esteem. Really, if Jay is playing his butt off, McDaniels has no right to expect anything else.

Bronx33
03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
No. He doesnt need to publicly acknowledge McDaniels. In fact, the more I think about it, the more Im convinced he shouldnt, especially if its the only way they can co-exist,...and it might very well be. Like I said previously, Jay doesnt owe McDaniels any sort of public acknowledgment and thats not so much a lack of maturity as much as its the truth. If Jay plays is butt off but doesnt acknowledge McDaniels publicly, then its McDaniels problem and its a problem with his ego/self esteem. Really, if Jay is playing his butt off, McDaniels has no right to expect anything else.

Have you lost your marbles?

lex
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Not at all.

meangene
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
If he shows up with anything but a good attitude, I would just as soon he didn't and we can just trade him and end this circus.

SouthStndJunkie
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
If he shows up with anything but a good attitude, I would just as soon he didn't and we can just trade him and end this circus.

This is a media generated circus.

They story will resolve itself soon enough....until then, the media is going to milk every angle and slant of this story that they can.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Does nobody else care/find it relevant that the story about Cutler not calling back Bowlen appears to have been completely made up (or perhaps leaked from the Broncos F.O.)?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM

He never had any to begin with.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Does nobody else care/find it relevant that the story about Cutler not calling back Bowlen appears to have been completely made up (or perhaps leaked from the Broncos F.O.)?

Nope just you. Its not made up by the way.

mr007
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM

This type of environment is not conducive to success. You have no clue of how they can co-exist and that really won't be determined until we're well underway in the season (assuming Cutler is still here).

If Jay does not publicly acknowledge his coach, yes, that is a sign of immaturity on his part.

Hopefully both coach and player are able to come to common grounds and put the situation to rest.

bombquixote

You, sir, are a passive aggressive little bitch. Is that how you respond when your girlfriend smacks you around?

Kaylore
Lex, you're an immature child and a moron.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM

A truer statement has never been uttered

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM

You don't agree with him 100% so you are on ignore. :wave:

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Nope just you. Its not made up by the way.

According to this article they played ''phone tag''.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I truly believe Cutler will show up for his teammates, and only because of that.

He knows if he doesn't that he's putting their season (and potentially even their future) at risk and he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that especially with how close he is with the O-Line, Scheffler etc.

BroncoBuff

I think that was referring to before the conference call ???

Here's to hoping Jay shows MOnday and things are patched up quick-like.

theAPAOps5

That could be Bowlen calling and calling. Technically Jay has been tagged he just ain't tagging back.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
That could be Bowlen calling and calling. Technically Jay has been tagged he just ain't tagging back.

that must be it. he also ate pat's puppy.

2KBack
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM

It's a writing cliche'

Or it could still be tag, but Bowlen has been "it" the whole time. Cutler is really good at avoiding being "it."

lex
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Ill start worrying about your opinion more as soon as you stop performing felatio on Josh.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Ill start worrying about your opinion more as soon as you stop performing felatio on Josh.

OOOOOH ZING .we really need an emoticon that rolls its eyes.

lex
This type of environment is not conducive to success. You have no clue of how they can co-exist and that really won't be determined until we're well underway in the season (assuming Cutler is still here).

If Jay does not publicly acknowledge his coach, yes, that is a sign of immaturity on his part.

Hopefully both coach and player are able to come to common grounds and put the situation to rest.

Youre right. Im not privy to everyones thoughts. But it seems apparent the two dont like each other. What I presented could be the only common ground. And like I said, the only think McDaniels has a right to expect is for the team to play hard. If Jay doesnt want to publicly acknowledge him, thats too bad. BTW, what Ive mentioned might be the only common ground. This way Jay gives Josh the only thing he has a right to expect and nothing more. It also allows him to be play with his teammates. He does not owe McDaniels absolute and complete acceptance.

Bronx33

Well this kinda sums up your last post and how you handle stuff in real life. :thumbs:

bro1ncos
If Cutler is all about his teammates, then why wasn't he in Denver learning a new playbook? Why wasn't he in Denver, even before all these trade rumors started flying, picking McDaniel's brain?

You constantly hear talk about current greats like Peyton Manning that are at their team facilities constantly studying. Why isn't he doing everything he can to be successful?

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
It's a writing cliche'

Or it could still be tag, but Bowlen has been "it" the whole time. Cutler is really good at avoiding being "it."

Sure, and maybe blue means yellow and up means rocketship.

Phone tag has a meaning, and it means one side calls the other, the other calls back, and so forth.

But we should just assume the article is wrong to smear our QB. awesome!

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
OOOOOH ZING .we really need an emoticon that rolls its eyes.

::)

we do

montrose
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I hope Jay shows up and gives it everything he's got. I hope he proves to the media, fans, your coaches, your owner and most importantly me (j/k) that we're wrong and he is a franchise QB. That he is indispensable. That he can play under more control. That he is a leader. That he is a great decision maker. That he doesn't have a drinking issue.

Prove it Jay. Go get the job done and make McDaniels, Xanders and Bowlen all look like idiots for contemplating trading you and telling you your not untradeable. Score TD's instead of FG's, stop throwing picks, inspire your teammates and carry yourself like a professional. Do all of these things in the face of adversity and Pat Bowlen will pay you whatever you want and let you pick your own coach eventually.

Most of all Jay, win. Winning shuts everybody up. This could be turning point in his career. Jay can whine and moan is way to Detroit or let this be a chip on his shoulder and try to become the best QB he can. I hope he does, I really do. And I bet Josh McDaniels does as well.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Sure, and maybe blue means yellow and up means rocketship.

Phone tag has a meaning, and it means one side calls the other, the other calls back, and so forth.

But we should just assume the article is wrong to smear our QB. awesome!

But its okay to take an article the other way to smear the coaches and Front Office? Pot you really need to meet kettle.

lex
03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Well this kinda sums up your last post and how you handle stuff in real life. :thumbs:

You dont know anything and stop pretending you do.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
But its okay to take an article the other way to smear the coaches and Front Office? Pot you really need to meet kettle.

I'm taking the article exactly as it was written. You're playing make-believe.

SoDak Bronco
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
but but but Jay is selfish and whiney biatch

lex
I hope Jay shows up and gives it everything he's got. I hope he proves to the media, fans, your coaches, your owner and most importantly me (j/k) that we're wrong and he is a franchise QB. That he is indispensable. That he can play under more control. That he is a leader. That he is a great decision maker. That he doesn't have a drinking issue.

Prove it Jay. Go get the job done and make McDaniels, Xanders and Bowlen all look like idiots for contemplating trading you and telling you your not untradeable. Score TD's instead of FG's, stop throwing picks, inspire your teammates and carry yourself like a professional. Do all of these things in the face of adversity and Pat Bowlen will pay you whatever you want and let you pick your own coach eventually.

Most of all Jay, win. Winning shuts everybody up. This could be turning point in his career. Jay can whine and moan is way to Detroit or let this be a chip on his shoulder and try to become the best QB he can. I hope he does, I really do. And I bet Josh McDaniels does as well.

...but moreover, dont acknowledge McDaniels publicly by name in any way.

Kaylore

http://www.travelingspotlight.com/images/brat.jpg

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm taking the article exactly as it was written. You're playing make-believe.

Right, because I don't agree ::) . Seriously go back to talking politics you are much better at it.

lex
If Cutler is all about his teammates, then why wasn't he in Denver learning a new playbook? Why wasn't he in Denver, even before all these trade rumors started flying, picking McDaniel's brain?

You constantly hear talk about current greats like Peyton Manning that are at their team facilities constantly studying. Why isn't he doing everything he can to be successful?

So what kind of candy was Elway handing out at halloween?

Bronx33
You dont know anything and stop pretending you do.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_0uOsfBaAY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_0uOsfBaAY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CEH
03-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Vic Lombardi was on last night and said he couldnl't be sure that Boweln even called. Could have been his assistant who called a couple times

Again a non issue brought to you by Vic and CHannel 4

Hallside
03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
If he doesn't report, he can eat a d*ck

How many of you who are still taking Cutler's side jump ship if he's AWOL on Monday?

theAPAOps5
If he doesn't report, he can bend me over a rock.

How many of you who are still taking Cutler's side jump ship if he's AWOL on Monday?

Dude you really want Cutler to bend you over a rock? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I love that filter!

HA I caught it before you edited it! :strong:

SouthStndJunkie
Vic Lombardi was on last night and said he couldnl't be sure that Boweln even called. Could have been his assistant who called a couple times

This is a media driven story.

Sure, Cutler and McDaniels have some talking to do, but the media has done some serious misreporting on this....on the local and national level.

A lot of speculating and guessing going on by the talking heads.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Right, because I don't agree ::) . Seriously go back to talking politics you are much better at it.

Because you're a f'n coward who can't admit the article says that.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Because you're a f'n coward who can't admit the article says that.

Oh you are getting a little testy! ROFL!

Hallside
Dude you really want Cutler to bend you over a rock? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I love that filter!

Good catch. That filter definitely caught me by surprise. Nice landmine TJ

But seriously, would anyone here still support Cutler if he's AWOL?

theAPAOps5

LOL I only know because it got me too!

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM

Awesome, thanks.

It wasn't a "non-issue" according to a couple pissants in here who don't have the sac to man up that they were wrong.

Hallside
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
LOL I only know because it got me too!

I keep split-second editing right behind you

TDmvp
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM

LOL yea those kill me .... like b l o w me comes out

kiss me, and tell me that you love me

that one is just wrong T.J. ...

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 07:14 PM

On this site, the lines winds round the block for that job ... :~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM

You're right ... I'm on Cutler's side now. But if he's a no-show Monday, that will change.

lex
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM

No doubt. Not just felatio either. Theres likely some pretty feaky fetishes going on with Josh & His Boys.

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
OOOOOH ZING .we really need an emoticon that rolls its eyes.::) we do
I always thought that emoticon was a kind of sheepish, "who me?" message ...

The rolls eyes emoticon I think is :oyvey: ... which is oyvey (with colons on each side)

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:25 PM

Dude the line is pretty damn long for the Cutler Fellatio artists too!

Broncojef
03-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Dude, seriously its Lex...If you find yourself on the same side of the conversation/argument with him you know you are wrong.

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Dude the line is pretty damn long for the Cutler Fellatio artists too!

Well I'm behind Jay all the way right now ... but I'm definitely not on my knees for the guy.

I think this fiasco was: 1 part Jay being a baby, 1 part Josh having too much power too quick and bungling things, and 1 part Xanders impotence mixed with Bowlen's failure to delegate and delineate lines between McDaniels and Xanders. COACH McDaniels should meet in private with GM Xanders to discuss what he wants, then let Xanders be the bad cop while Josh the good cop runs around on the field with his buddy Jay.

I'm behind Jay because he's a star ... he is OUR star ... our star who has almost completely rewritten the single season passing records of this 50-year old franchise the last two seasons. And there's evey indication he'll keep setting new records if we keep him happy. I don't mind soothing his ego ... there's maybe one or two dozen guys in the world that can do what he does as well as he does it. Egos come with that territory.

Bronx33
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Jay should do this when MCD tries to talk to him huh lexhttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6277/tantrum2.jpg

halfcreek
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM

Good advice for kindergarteners. No wait, not even for them.

halfcreek
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Wait .... doesn't "phone tag" specifically imply that calls were made both ways?

Will the cowards who blasted Cutler for this be man enough to step up here and eat their crow?

And how does Lombardi know this. This whole episode is built upon "sources" "reportedly" "NFL circles" without anyone having the truth. Sides believe whatever spin validates their position.

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Neat.

arghemtee
03-11-2009, 08:08 PM

He was in Denver. He was working with McDaniels and the coaching staff for a few weeks and then trade rumors hit and Jay Cutler took off.

Keep up.

Popcorn Sutton
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM

I love that filter!

Makes me laugh every time... :rofl:

extralife
03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I think and hope he will show up, but this doesn't go away one way or the other. The locker room is going to be divided.

Victor
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM

Yeah...that's a great idea. I used this same type of behavior with tremendous results in the eighth grade. Maybe Jay can scratch McD's car with a key too or egg his house.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM

You are beyond ridiculous. You defend the actions of a 25 year old and blame his boss for being a boss.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
If Cutler is dedicated to his teammates, then he'll be there.

garandman
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
This will be the lead on Sportscenter either way...

spdirty
03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Jay will be there. Thinking logically there is no way he cant show up.

Although I agree with Sandy that McDip**** is the one who needs to take a flight to Tennessee right now, get on his knees, and suck Jay's cock till Jay is satisfied. That would be the best way to help cure the monumental **** up this guy has made.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Although I agree with Sandy that McDip**** is the one who needs to take a flight to Tennessee right now, get on his knees, and suck Jay's cock till Jay is satisfied. That would be the best way to help cure the monumental **** up this guy has made.

No he doesn't. The Broncos hold the cards. They can take away his bonus for participating in 75% of the OTA's. They can demote him to backup QB and play with Simms. No matter who starts at QB the schedule is murder so expectations are low.

I say let him sit at home and sulk like he has been.

colonelbeef
03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
No he doesn't. The Broncos hold the cards. They can take away his bonus for participating in 75% of the OTA's. They can demote him to backup QB and play with Simms. No matter who starts at QB the schedule is murder so expectations are low.

If Cutler eventually leaves the team and McDaniels does not win, he and Bowlen will be vilified for the rest of their careers, or at least until they win something of significance down the road. McDaniels first and foremost will be blamed, the way Jay is acting now will belong forgotten when Bubby Brister v2.0 is out there playing in the 'system' and getting his ass handed to him

telluride
As much as I hate to say, but Jay has yet to show the ability to rise to an occasion. I think he'll stay home -- he's invested too much in his own petulant behavior by this point, and he has the reprehensible Bus Cook whispering in his ear. "They dissed you, Jay! Stick to your guns!"

wandlc
Jay playing back up for 3 years and then getting to pick which team he plays for next sounds like a good idea. And I don't think Jay is worried about a $100,000 bonus for showing up for off-season conditioning. And he can't be fined for not showing up, it is a non-mandatory off-season activity. He can only be fined for missing mandatory off-season activities and regular season activities.

DenverBrit
03-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Jay is an EMPLOYEE of the Broncos, nothing more, and McDaniels is his boss.

He needs to get to Dove Valley and sit down and talk with his employers.

Time for Jake to grow up and stop pouting....and for McDaniels to explain his actions. Face to face!!

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
i have no doubt Cutler will be here for his teammates. he could care less about McDouche, but he will report for his friends.

Elway and Reeves clashed for a decade, Cutler and McDouche can deal with each other for a couple years until McDouche is ****canned

spdirty
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Actually the fans hold ALL the cards. If some scrub or rookie is our starter going into next season, and the Broncos don't win, and the offense sucks, a lot of fans will tell the brass to take their product and shove it up their ass. Especially in this economy.

If Cutler goes to another team, it will set this franchise back 10 years. And it will be all the more sour because it was an easily avoidable **** up.

And dont try to kid yourself. The Broncos need Jay Cutler A LOT more than Jay Cutler needs the Broncos.

spdirty
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
i have no doubt Cutler will be here for his teammates. he could care less about McDouche, but he will report for his friends.

Elway and Reeves clashed for a decade, Cutler and McDouche can deal with each other for a couple years until McDouche is ****canned

Best thing to happen to this team would be for Cutler to stay and the coach to go.

Popps
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah...that's a great idea. I used this same type of behavior with tremendous results in the eighth grade. Maybe Jay can scratch McD's car with a key too or egg his house.

:spit:

Los Broncos
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Please end this nightmare and show up.

Punisher
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Jay will show will win the Super Bowl and this will be a story to tell in Americas Game :)

arghemtee
03-11-2009, 09:50 PM

Cutler will receive a 100 + million contract where ever he goes.

Cutler needs the Broncos more than the Broncos need Cutler? DOUBT IT. If Jay Cutler wants to leave, he'll leave, earn huge money and be successful.

We'd receive some high draft picks that will probably turn into busts.

GR8 DEL BRNKOS !@11

Man-Goblin
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
And how does Lombardi know this. This whole episode is built upon "sources" "reportedly" "NFL circles" without anyone having the truth. Sides believe whatever spin validates their position.

Cutler IS his source. He has admitted as much in two national interviews I have heard.

Man-Goblin
03-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Cutler needs the Broncos more than the Broncos need Cutler? DOUBT IT. If Jay Cutler wants to leave, he'll leave, earn huge money and be successful.

GR8 DEL BRNKOS !@11

Agreed with the bold; the rest is just silly.

razorwire77
03-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm sick of this.

Either demonstrate some maturity, show up on Monday and play well during the next two years (and as a result, you will make a f**k ton of money as a free agent).

Or don't, so you can be shipped off to football purgatory (Detroit or Cleveland) for some picks.

Pool
03-11-2009, 10:08 PM
When is this mania going to end???

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 10:10 PM
When is this mania going to end???

Monday

HEAV
03-11-2009, 10:19 PM

Lex never had any to start with! He's just another one of those insane board posters that don't understand how things work.

He's just insane.

HEAV
03-11-2009, 10:23 PM

GR8 DEL BRNKOS !@11

Ya like Jay's really put this team on the winning way's his last 3 years...

He's going to be Jeff George V2.0

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GeorJe00.htm

brncobrett
03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
If you only play for your teammates and not your coaches then what kind of message are you sending out to the rest of your team? Like the younger guys? What happens when other players decide they only want to play for their teammates and not the coaches? That is rediculas...You will Super Bowls by everybody working together coaches and players.

lex
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
You are beyond ridiculous. You defend the actions of a 25 year old and blame his boss for being a boss.

I guess some of you just have a different view of "the Man".

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Best thing to happen to this team would be for Cutler to stay and the coach to go.

agreed, but we are stuck with McDouche for at least a few seasons, and i hope Jay remains here, even if he hates McDouche the entire time they work together.

lex
03-11-2009, 10:33 PM

Dont give me that nonsense. Parcells has essentially done the same thing. This crap about 8th grade has nothing to do with anything. Nice try, though.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 10:34 PM

GR8 DEL BRNKOS !@11

i agree completely. in a couple seasons Jay will become the highest paid player in the league. if he is traded it won't matter in 2 years because he will just go to a team he wants to play for, and if we trade him, our franchise is set back for the next decade.

and without the Goodmans who the hell knows what the draft will be like.

lex
03-11-2009, 10:38 PM
If you only play for your teammates and not your coaches then what kind of message are you sending out to the rest of your team? Like the younger guys? What happens when other players decide they only want to play for their teammates and not the coaches? That is rediculas...You will Super Bowls by everybody working together coaches and players.

In what way? You havent defined how they are going to not play for their coaches. Previously I defined what that was but I will do it again since the reading comprehension of some on here rivals that of a thumbtack. Previously, I said that all a coach can ask for is effort. He is not entitled to public acknowledgment, however. If a coach is getting effort from a player and then becomes upset because of not being publicly acknowledged, then its purely ego driven and thats a shortcoming of the coach.

Meck77
03-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Fox 31 just said that Cutler said he'd rather be traded if the Broncos wouldn't commit to a long term deal.

Take it with a grain of salt people. I think they are just making **** up now.

lex
03-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Cutler is already better than Jeff George. Jeff George played in an offense that was even more pass happy and didnt have his best season until his 6th season. Jay's past season has already surpassed that. Stop speaking out of ignorance.

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Fox 31 just said that Cutler said he'd rather be traded if the Broncos wouldn't commit to a long term deal.

Take it with a grain of salt people.

Assuming that's true (I have major doubts) it should be a positive sign since it would show that Jay wants to stay in Denver.

lex
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM

That would be a wild weekend for Kaylore since he's already performing felatio on McDaniels.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM

Take it with a grain of salt people. I think they are just making **** up now.

I'd believe it's possible with Cook as his agent but, alot of guessing going on.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 11:21 PM
That would be a wild weekend for Kaylore since he's already performing felatio on McDaniels.

Jealous?

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Alot of us figured 09 would be tough with our D and schedule before this Cutler stuff. If we go 6-10 in 2010 are we back where we are today with Josh and Jay's issues.

tsiguy96
03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
just sign him long term and get this **** over with. we need to lock him and marshall and kuper up anyway.

lex
03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Alot of us figured 09 would be tough with our D and schedule before this Cutler stuff. If we go 6-10 in 2010 are we back where we are today with Josh and Jay's issues.

With all that has gone on, you have to wonder how much margin for error McDaniels has this year. If its bad this year, it could get really ugly with the fans.

Steve Prefontaine
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Some people have been bashing Cutler for the past couple weeks...hoping he gets traded...even though he really hadn't done anything "wrong".

But now if he shows up on Monday all is forgiven because he's a team guy? Hmm. Flippity floppity.

I love the off season.

watermock
03-11-2009, 11:30 PM
The immature one are Bowlen and McDummy.

Cook will force a trade and get Jay an extension in the 120 million dollar range. Mcdummy will be gone in 2 years.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Some people have been bashing Cutler for the past couple weeks...hoping he gets traded...even though he really hadn't done anything "wrong".

But now if he shows up on Monday all is forgiven because he's a team guy? Hmm. Flippity floppity.

I love the off season.

No one honestly wants him traded. His immaturity in handling this issue is a problem. Simply because he is TOLD he is the franchise QB does not mean he doesnt have to earn the right on the field. He is actling like a Manning or Brady or BigBen. He has 1 probowl season, 0 playoff appearances and is 17-20 as a starter. He needs work, and McDaniels can help him learn what his limits are. He just has to let it go and work with the people the owner put in place. End of story.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 11:41 PM
just sign him long term and get this **** over with. we need to lock him and marshall and kuper up anyway.

Can BM and Cutler handle a coach that demands accountability doubt it. People say look how Moss has done in NE (They are winning alot if they weren't he'd be gone because of his attitude ). I can see both Cutler and BM playing elsewhere unless we win alot under Josh. I'm not sure they are able to handle an iron hand type coach lots of other players either. Shanny never pushed them that hard he expected them to push themselves that won't work now.

Popps
03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
If you only play for your teammates and not your coaches then what kind of message are you sending out to the rest of your team? Like the younger guys?

Precisely.

It's the kind of comment a child makes. Literally... it sounds like something my 14 year old would have said when he was 8. You almost just want to be embarrassed for the guy. It's one thing to think something that moronic.. it's another to barf it out to a reporter.

No true team leader would ever say something like that. I'm sorry... they just wouldn't.

spdirty
03-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Give me a ****ing break with that retarded ass bull****. Your probably one of those guys that thinks the San Diego loss was Cutlers fault because he didnt score 53 points right?

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2009, 01:06 AM

well, Elway and Reeves went to 3 Super Bowls and they hated each other. the coaches are secondary to the players. once the game starts it is the players that matter

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Bowlen needs to take control here and tell McDaniels Cutler is here regardless of what he wants or thinks, and sign Jay long term, along with Marshall and Kuper.

the most likely scenario is that McDaniels will be gone within the next 4 years, and won't care about the wake of destruction that came from trading Cutler.

Bowlen needs to think about it this way, he can have a franchise built around a really good QB for the next 10-12 years or he can allow McDaniels to continue with his bull**** and set his franchise back at least a decade for a coach who will probably be gone within 4 years.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-12-2009, 01:45 AM
didnt chuck noll and terry bradshaw hate each others guts but yet win 4 superbowls? i thought i herd a story like that years ago

Popps
03-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Bowlen needs to think about it this way, he can have a franchise built around a really good QB for the next 10-12 years .

He's already made his decision, boss....and no one in the league considers Cutler a sure thing, or we'd have offers coming in we couldn't refuse.

You think if P. Manning wanted out of Indy, they'd have any problem getting a long line of massive offers for him?

Someone will sign Jay because he has a good arm, but no one considers him a sure thing outside of maybe yourself.

Bowlen has already made up his mind. You can stop speculating about it.

Popps
03-12-2009, 01:53 AM
didnt chuck noll and terry bradshaw hate each others guts but yet win 4 superbowls? i thought i herd a story like that years ago

Most great QBs don't need to have their tender asses gently rubbed every time the wind blows too hard.

You think Parcells' QBs all loved him? They may have respected him, but I doubt most loved him.

But, respect is something that's achieved when you're a true professional and you know your place in your organization.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2009, 02:11 AM
He's already made his decision, boss....and no one in the league considers Cutler a sure thing, or we'd have offers coming in we couldn't refuse.

You think if P. Manning wanted out of Indy, they'd have any problem getting a long line of massive offers for him?

Someone will sign Jay because he has a good arm, but no one considers him a sure thing outside of maybe yourself.

a sure thing? are you high? Jay is easily one of the best QB's in the league, get him a defense and some help in a running game and he will win a ****load of games and make a team elite. in fact outside of Indy, NE, Pittsburgh, NY(Giants), Dallas, Atlanta, SD, Arizona, Baltimore, NO and Phily, Jay would be a major improvement over the QB's the rest of the leagues teams currently have.

and on a side note, he is better than some of the QB's for the teams i mentioned, but those teams have no need for another QB.

the only reason that we aren't hearing anymore about trade proposals is because of 2 reasons. the front office learned from their mistake a few weeks ago, and if Jay is traded, there is no one available who can come in and be of any use.

you say it is because of lack of talent on Jay's part, it is because McDaniels finally figured out he needs Jay a hell of a lot more than Jay needs him.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Most great QBs don't need to have their tender asses gently rubbed every time the wind blows too hard.

You think Parcells' QBs all loved him? They may have respected him, but I doubt most loved him.

But, respect is something that's achieved when you're a true professional and you know your place in your organization.

exactly, and McDouche being a little bitch lying about his involvement in the trade talk, and then lying saying **** that he didn't do anything makes him a true professional doesn't it. wow you are an idiot.

and with respect being achieved, what the hell has McDouche achieved in his 3 month long career that puts him ahead of Jay? at least Jay has experience at his job, and has shown to be one of the best in the league at it. all McDouche has done is made Denver a laughingstock to the rest of the NFL.

elsid13
03-12-2009, 03:43 AM

What are you talking about? We know that 5 teams are already interested in obtaining Cutler. - TB, Detroit, Minn, and two others that stated by Schefter that would have trade from him if they knew he was available. Plus both Cleveland and NY Jets have seemed to express interest via media sources. That 7 teams, if the FO is stupid enough to actual trade him there will be good number of suiters, right now those teams are on wait and see mode.

lazarus4444
03-12-2009, 03:52 AM
I had a conference call with my boss about showing up for work and he told me to shut the **** up or i won't get paid. Then i went to work.

Steve Prefontaine
03-12-2009, 08:29 AM
No one honestly wants him traded. His immaturity in handling this issue is a problem. Simply because he is TOLD he is the franchise QB does not mean he doesnt have to earn the right on the field. He is actling like a Manning or Brady or BigBen. He has 1 probowl season, 0 playoff appearances and is 17-20 as a starter. He needs work, and McDaniels can help him learn what his limits are. He just has to let it go and work with the people the owner put in place. End of story.

End of your fantasy story maybe.

Yes, people have said they want him traded. Look at the threads. Iím not going to start quoting people.

Who TOLD Cutler he was the franchise QB? When did that happen? Because if someone told him that and then tried to trade him, thatís very confusing.

Exactly what has he done that's been immature? How is he acting like Manning, Brady, or Ben? Donít make a guess or assume somethingÖtell me what heís done.

I agree he still needs work. Isnít that what McDaniels is going to do? He is an offensive guru, right? There is no denying Cutlerís talent and heís still very young. Iím holding judgment on him becoming a ďwinningĒ QB until the Broncos have at least an average defense backing him.

Drek
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM

Vic Lombardi also got first crack at Cutler when this story broke.

What makes you think he's anything but a schill for Cutler/Bus Cook at this point? He's spun everything he's written on it so heavily you'd think Cook wrote it himself.

lex
03-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I had a conference call with my boss about showing up for work and he told me to shut the **** up or i won't get paid. Then i went to work.

Did he ask you to come in on a Saturday when it was optional?

Archer81
03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
End of your fantasy story maybe.

Yes, people have said they want him traded. Look at the threads. Iím not going to start quoting people.

Who TOLD Cutler he was the franchise QB? When did that happen? Because if someone told him that and then tried to trade him, thatís very confusing.

Exactly what has he done that's been immature? How is he acting like Manning, Brady, or Ben? Donít make a guess or assume somethingÖtell me what heís done.

I agree he still needs work. Isnít that what McDaniels is going to do? He is an offensive guru, right? There is no denying Cutlerís talent and heís still very young. Iím holding judgment on him becoming a ďwinningĒ QB until the Broncos have at least an average defense backing him.

Every idiot member of the media and a huge portion of the fanbase has called Jay the next franchise QB...they called him this on draft day. He is acting like he has accomplished what BigBen, Manning (either one) or Brady has, and that should put him above being traded. Being told he needs to meet with McDaniels then puts it off, or ignoring two of the owner's phone calls, or talking to the media rather then the people who pay him screams immaturity. What makes Jay think he is above being sent somewhere else? Even Favre has been traded...twice.

USMCBladerunner
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Precisely.

It's the kind of comment a child makes. Literally... it sounds like something my 14 year old would have said when he was 8. You almost just want to be embarrassed for the guy. It's one thing to think something that moronic.. it's another to barf it out to a reporter.

No true team leader would ever say something like that. I'm sorry... they just wouldn't.

I don't know about the child part, but it's definitely not a leader's position either. In combat, soldiers and Marines fight for each other. When it's time to run toward the bullets, they don't do it for the flag, or for god, and they definitely don't do it for the officers like me. They do it because their fellow Marines are going that way too, and they won't let them down. So there is very much something to the psychology of fighting for each other rather than a specific cause. How much of this translates to football? I don't know, but it's more than none according to Winslow Jr.

Now I've of the opinion that a QB is a unique position in football. One that requires an increased leadership role that understands the role of the team and the concept of a common goal. The QB should have a bigger picture than playing for buddies.

Drek
03-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know about the child part, but it's definitely not a leader's position either. In combat, soldiers and Marines fight for each other. When it's time to run toward the bullets, they don't do it for the flag, or for god, and they definitely don't do it for the officers like me. They do it because their fellow Marines are going that way too, and they won't let them down. So there is very much something to the psychology of fighting for each other rather than a specific cause. How much of this translates to football? I don't know, but it's more than none according to Winslow Jr.

Now I've of the opinion that a QB is a unique position in football. One that requires an increased leadership role that understands the role of the team and the concept of a common goal. The QB should have a bigger picture than playing for buddies.

Why are you in the Marines?

Do you disobey your commanding officers?

See the problem with that analogy? When football players step onto the field its all about them and their teammates, thats when you play for your teammates. But the hard work leading up to it you do for a higher purpose. Jay Cutler apparently doesn't see that higher purpose as being directly linked with the Broncos organization (i.e. their success) and sees it as a personal goal (his own praise and accolades).