PDA

View Full Version : klis on koa just now

titan
03-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Mike Klis was on koa radio just now. summary of what he said.

koa's logan: if you were to handicap this with today being the opening of the gates, how would you handicap cutler being the broncos qb?

i would say 60/40 he will be playing for the broncos.
I believe the broncos when they say they won't trade him.
Monday is a watershed event. First of all, if Jay shows
up it'll be 100% he'll be the qb. If he doesn't show
up then the odds change to 30/70 or 40/60 he's not
with the broncos.

logan: if tomorrow was monday, I think there's no chance he's coming

klis: he's really mulling it over. jay is not dumb.
i think he is smart enough to know that if he doesn't
show up on monday he'll force the broncos to trade him,
and he's smart enough to realize "do I want to be traded?"

I honestly don't think he's made up his mind.

logan: if the decision were to be made today, as of right now,
he's not coming

klis: not a bad way to look at this considering the polar opposite
ways the two sides looked at the conference call

let's start with that jay was going to come in and talk to the coach,
then it turned out to be a conference call with jay in vanderbilt.
for the broncos to come away thinking things went well, and for
jay to think it was different, tells me that jay is searching
for reasons to move on. jay is not sure it is to his benefit
to play for mcdaniels.

koa: who is jay getting advice from?

it doesn't matter if jay was wronged, but for better or
worse mcdaniels is the boss. this situation is divisive
for the team. I've been on the wrong side of jay
before - i think most of this is jay. if he is
getting bad advice buzz cook his agent had problems
last year with favre and green bay. is buzz cook a common
demoninator here?

logan: i can understand cutler being upset, and the broncos
erred in a couple of ways, but cutler now has no leverage.
you have to be able to figure out "is this the hill i
want to die on?" he has no leverage

klis:
jay feels he's trapped, i think,
he's trying to figure out, a very proud person, how to save face.
it doesn't look like there is any end game where he wins.
the only thing left is to say "i am the qb, i will put this
behind me" but i'm not sure if jay thinks he wins in
this situation. jay would then end up playing for a coach
who he thinks doesn't believe in him.

worm
03-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Thx Titan.

Bronco Yoda
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Like I have said before. Jay wanted out the moment Shanahan & Co. was shown the door. Everything else is BS. It seems that no matter what happens... all things are bound to point in this direction.

This just sucks all around!

titan
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm ready for this to be over - one way or another. I didn't realize Jay's agent was also Brett Favre's agent in Favre's dealings with Green Bay last year.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Anyone scared Quinn as a possibility if we trade Cutler to Clev?

tsiguy96
03-11-2009, 03:48 PM

scared? hell no, quinn would likely fit the broncos scheme better then cutler.

ludo21
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM

I would take that trade right now if thats what came across the desk.

Get this hoopla over with, its annoying

Popps
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
koa: who is jay getting advice from?

it doesn't matter if jay was wronged, but for better or
worse mcdaniels is the boss. this situation is divisive
for the team. I've been on the wrong side of jay
before - i think most of this is jay. if he is
getting bad advice buzz cook his agent had problems
last year with favre and green bay. is buzz cook a common
demoninator here?

Like I said, these writers should start paying me royalties.

Been saying that since last weekend.

If Jay wants to stay... OR if he wants out, he's ****ing his own cause. I've also asked repeatedly why his handlers aren't stepping in and talking some sense into him.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm ready for this to be over - one way or another. I didn't realize Jay's agent was also Brett Favre's agent in Favre's dealings with Green Bay last year.

As odd as it might be...

There is a possibility that Bus Cook is keeping Jay pissed so that he will get traded and get a big contract, which would then give Cook a big payday as well.

Many agents are self serving parasites.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 03:52 PM

That's why I mentioned it cause figured he'd be Josh's kind of QB. Det doesn't have a QB to dangle.

Popps
03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Any of you guys have a girlfriend who was a bit crazy?

If not, you will... unless you don't date much.
In any case, there is always one point in the relationship when it hits you... "wow, this girl is a bit nuts."

From that point on, you generally know what you have to do. Certain factors can make that decision more difficult, of course. :)
But, you still know what you have to do, and you eventually do it.

Why does it feel like Jay has just given us the "crazy-tell?"

bombay
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe it's not a coincidence that Cook's clients tend to end up on the wrong side of public perceptions, either. As clumsy as McDaniels has been in handling this fiasco, the Cutler team has been worse.

USMCBladerunner
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Quinn would not be an upgrade over Cutler, but if we took him or Anderson from Cleveland along with Rogers or a couple of day 1 picks, or some other compensation to allow this team to shore up it's numerous weaknesses, then I'm down...

gyldenlove
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM

Absertively, what better way to become a Cleveland Brownsesque failure of a franchise than to start with a talentless Cleveland Browns QB.

At least this way we know that Josh Mcdaniels will be REALLY good for whatever team he goes to next.

Tombstone RJ
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Jay's getting some bad advice, period. If he doesn't show up on Monday, he's only digging his own grave a little deeper with the Broncos.

Fact is, Jay has nothing TO LOSE by showing up and playing for McD and company, and everything to gain. I just don't see how McD can be "bad" for Jay Cutler.

HEAV
03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
klis: he's really mulling it over. jay is not dumb.
i think he is smart enough to know that if he doesn't
show up on monday he'll force the broncos to trade him,
and he's smart enough to realize "do I want to be traded?"

The more I think about it the more I feel that Jay wants out. Wanted out when Shanny was fired. He's using the Cassel issue, loyalty and the trust issue now to force his way out.

I just think the kid wants nothing to do with the Broncos.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Cutler isn't going anywhere. Since 2010 is an uncapped year if he is traded the prorated salary cap hit dings them all at once this year.

HEAV
03-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Jay's getting some bad advice, period. If he doesn't show up on Monday, he's only digging his own grave a little deeper with the Broncos.

Fact is, Jay has nothing TO LOSE by showing up and playing for McD and company, and everything to gain. I just don't see how McD can be "bad" for Jay Cutler.

I know one thing, after the Farve deal last year and now Jay's bullcrap. I want nothing to do with any James "Bus" Cook players.

HEAV
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Cutler isn't going anywhere. Since 2010 is an uncapped year if he is traded the prorated salary cap hit dings them all at once this year.

Well the BRONCOS have the cap room;)

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Well the BRONCOS have the cap room;)

Do they? With the signings and the space needed to sign picks?

HEAV
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Do they? With the signings and the space needed to sign picks?

Well the team was like 30 Mill under the cap and I don't see the signings eating all that up. Not sure about the draft pick cash pool.

But if they thought about the Cassel trade then maybe they knew they could take the hit.

SouthStndJunkie
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Just a couple of media hacks speculating.

broncofan2438
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM

I agree.....why can't he just shut his trap and show his stuff on the field? This sucks to have to read about everyday since the Dawkins signing.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 04:33 PM

I'm sure Denver's gay scene would be quite happy.

allegedly.

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Just a couple of media hacks speculating.

That's what I'm thinking, so again I ask...have we had any reliable sources say things like this? So far this is all coming from unnamed sources. ???

Archer81
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM

No. Quinn ran this scheme at ND. I dont care if he's gay, if Cleveland offers, take it.

*Edit: ONLY if Jay refuses to come in next Monday.

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
Well the team was like 30 Mill under the cap and I don't see the signings eating all that up. Not sure about the draft pick cash pool.

But if they thought about the Cassel trade then maybe they knew they could take the hit.

Or its why they quickly said no.

kappys

In any case, there is always one point in the relationship when it hits you... "wow, this girl is a bit nuts."

From that point on, you generally know what you have to do. Certain factors can make that decision more difficult, of course. :)

Well the factor that makes it more diffiicult is that crazy girls are great in bed; hence hard to break up with. Something about their insecurities, they get translated into some very deviant acts. :devil:

HEAV
03-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm sure Denver's gay scene would be quite happy.

allegedly.

Quinn's a pimp.

http://firstorderhistorians.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/965609248_dc6a72a0d4_o.jpg

He's friends with Bret Micheals!
http://talleywhackers.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/brady-quinn.jpg

Archer81
03-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Quinn's a pimp.

http://firstorderhistorians.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/965609248_dc6a72a0d4_o.jpg

Gay pimp.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Quinn's a pimp.

Looks like he has a drinking problem.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM

LOL

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Gay pimp.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ....

Archer81
03-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that ....

No, course not. I'd hit it.

Twice on sunday, too.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
No, course not. I'd hit it.

Twice on sunday, too.

Blart will be an even bigger Bronco fan! ;D

Hulamau
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM

I had one of those once Popps, it was a real gut wrenching eye opener many moons ago. She was a truly stunning beauty and could idealize a guy early on in the relationship for a good six months or so to where the deal was closed and you felt like you were on cloud nine, and then suddenly Countess Dracula appears out of the blue and I realized after a while God I love this gal, she is such a gorgeous woman, but shes crazier than a loon and will make my life a miserable God forsaken hell if I don't pull the plug... That was a tough one.
'
The more skilled and successful men or women with frank personality disorders are often very hard to spot by even friends and family, much less a besoted lover in the early going when everything is wine and roses.

And the really skilled one's are often so skilled at wearing a mask to cover a fractured sense of self and a feeling of weak self worthlessness inside with whomever they are with at the time, that their fragile nature doesn't even get revealed except just to their most intimate partner later on down the road.

Like you said, there comes a day when you get the wake up call loud and clear and know what you have to do, but it can really take a while to get it done when emotions run deep and they cycle back and forth between being the loving girl of your dreams and Queen of the damned! :-/ :flower:

That sense of entitlement Jay is showing now is a bit worrying, but I'm not quite ready to bag him and tag him as a full blown narcissist ... not quite yet!

Maybe he still is just an overgrown spoiled brat that hasn't yet crossed over into pathological personality disorder ... I sure hope not and hope he never does.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Blart will be an even bigger Bronco fan! ;D

LOL. Yes. But if Blart tries a play for Quinn I'll cut him. Kidding. Whatever makes the Broncos better and ends this QB drama...for the love of God.

Archer81
03-11-2009, 04:53 PM
This is an aside, but where the hell are the avis and sigs?

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:54 PM
This is an aside, but where the hell are the avis and sigs?

TJ probably shut them off with the board traffic generated by the news of the dreaded conference call.

SouthStndJunkie
03-11-2009, 04:55 PM
No. Quinn ran this scheme at ND. I dont care if he's gay, if Cleveland offers, take it.

You just want to get in his pants.

elsid13

actually he ran something similiar to this scheme in ND, not this scheme. There is difference.

broncofan2438
wow

Archer81
You just want to get in his pants.

I cannot confirm nor deny this obvious truth...D'OH...

Archer81
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
actually he ran something similiar to this scheme in ND, not this scheme. There is difference.

Like the WCO offense ran in Greenbay or the WCO ran in San Fran? Like that kind of difference?

SouthStndJunkie
03-11-2009, 04:58 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjVMAxdbDj8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjVMAxdbDj8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Now I'm Done!

Archer81
03-11-2009, 05:00 PM
In all truth, my brother is a huge ND fan, so every saturday I got to watch the Irish, whether I wanted to or not. He is a good QB who had a system to exploit what he's good at. But I would prefer to keep Cutler, even if he doesnt have a chin or a good barber.

elsid13
03-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Like the WCO offense ran in Greenbay or the WCO ran in San Fran? Like that kind of difference?

No like the spread offense run by Urban Myers and the spread offense run by Mike Leach. Both attempt to spread the defense out, but the QB play different roles.

Rock Chalk
03-11-2009, 05:49 PM

You are like a trainwreck.

I know reading your posts is sometimes gonna make me shudder but I cant stop. For a queer boy you are pretty freakin funny.

oubronco
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM

this pretty much sums it up for me<!-- / message -->

Broncojef
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
That's what I'm thinking, so again I ask...have we had any reliable sources say things like this? So far this is all coming from unnamed sources. ???

A Denver beatwriter and the voice of the Broncos have a conversation on the largest broadcast AM station this side of the Mississippi and your still waiting for who exactly to have a conversation to make it valid in your mind?

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
A Denver beatwriter and the voice of the Broncos have a conversation on the largest broadcast AM station this side of the Mississippi and your still waiting for who exactly to have a conversation to make it valid in your mind?

Again, how accurate is this beat writer? We saw that Lombardi was basically caught red handed putting BS out there, there is a huge media lockdown in Dove Valley and the one almost always reliable source (Schefter) hasn't had anything to say on this that I know of, nor has Jay or his agent.

That's not good enough for me.

Popps
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
If nothing else, we should all agree that there is no dependable info out there yet.

That's why I'm laughing at all of these McDaniels bashers.

At least those questioning Cutler's behavior have his OWN quotes to draw from.

Anything else is pure speculation.

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
If nothing else, we should all agree that there is no dependable info out there yet.

Agreed 100%

Bronco Yoda
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I second that

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Yeah, gotta give Cutler props for being man enough to put his face to the words. Too many times in these situations you'll see sides leaking things to embarrass the other side then act cowardly and deny it. Peeps can say what they will about JC, but he's upfront and honest as they come.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah, gotta give Cutler props for being man enough to put his face to the words. Too many times in these situations you'll see sides leaking things to embarrass the other side then act cowardly and deny it. Peeps can say what they will about JC, but he's upfront and honest as they come.

:spit:

His side is leaking just as much info as the Front Office if we are to believe that, his agent is Bus Cook. Your true colors are showing you just don't want a bad word to be spoken about Jay!

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
:spit:

His side is leaking just as much info as the Front Office if we are to believe that, his agent is Bus Cook. Your true colors are showing you just don't want a bad word to be spoken about Jay!

Ditto. Joshie could fire you as a fan tomorrow and you'd spend rest of your life praising your replacement.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Ditto. Joshie could fire you as a fan tomorrow and you'd spend rest of your life praising your replacement.

Whats funny is I haven't included McD in any praise. I also have said he is guilty in this too. Yet you claim all I do is praise him. Stop projecting your feelings on me. You are a Denver Cutlers fan before a Denver Broncos fan.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Whats funny is I haven't included McD in any praise. I also have said he is guilty in this too. Yet you claim all I do is praise him. Stop projecting your feelings on me. You are a Denver Cutlers fan before a Denver Broncos fan.

I'd rather be the guy that overly sticks up for our franchise QB than the guy that intentially smears him like the contrarian cult here. If that's me, so be it.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I'd rather be the guy that overly sticks up for our franchise QB than the guy that intentially smears him like the contrarian cult here. If that's me, so be it.

I have said that Cutler is being a baby in this whole mess and that its been a reoccurring theme with him and pouting. But I have also said I will support him if he is still with the team and even complimented how loyal he has been to his teammates. So don't be so quick to label just because some of us feel Cutler has a lot of blame in this mess.

Man-Goblin
03-11-2009, 08:48 PM

this pretty much sums it up for me<!-- / message -->

That's a bunch of crap. Jay wins if he plays well and the Broncos win, if he plays his next contract with the Broncos or not.

Oh, and this uncapped year nonsense will never, EVER happen. The owners will lock the players out before it gets there.

JJJ
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
He will report on Monday. He will play well next season. All will be forgotten.

Man-Goblin
03-11-2009, 09:23 PM

I have said this from the start, but even I am having my doubts now.

I still think (or maybe hope?) that once they start working together, and they have some success next year, things will work out.

socalorado
03-11-2009, 09:39 PM

And a PU$$Y problem too!

Natedog24
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM

Hope so, really really hope so...

socalorado
03-11-2009, 09:46 PM
I have said that Cutler is being a baby in this whole mess and that its been a reoccurring theme with him and pouting. But I have also said I will support him if he is still with the team and even complimented how loyal he has been to his teammates. So don't be so quick to label just because some of us feel Cutler has a lot of blame in this mess.

Honestly, i am just so sick of this BS by both parties and i have been since the day after it began, which was when BOTH sides should have talked and both admitted they were acting like irrational jerks! Oh Well!
Now i honestly just dont care if Cutler goes, and i am beggining to think that Brady Quinn abd MCD would be just better for the team.
I also really think that Brady Quinn just might be a better fit mentally.
What a weird turn of events.
If you told me that this would happen a year ago, i would have laughed in your face, and made you feel like a b!tch! Un-freakin-real. Its just so fuggin depressing. I am pissed at both of them for making me or you, the fan, go through this BS