PDA

View Full Version : SI's For The Record: Broncos should part ways with Jay Cutler

montrose
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Broncos should part ways with Jay Cutler
By Andrew Perloff

Josh McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001, the year Drew Bledsoe was hurt and Tom Brady led them to their first Super Bowl win. It's no surprise he explored trading an established Pro Bowler like Jay Cutler to get his guy in New England, Matt Cassel. That deal fell through, but proved McDaniels will try to follow Bill Belichick's lead and concentrate more on getting guys that fit his system than raw talent.

Now that the relationship between McDaniels and Cutler is on rocky footing -- a reconciliation conference call reportedly didn't go well -- the team and the quarterback should part ways sooner rather than later. You have to imagine McDaniels wants to find his Brady. Cutler likely won't be that quarterback.

No one can question Cutler's arm strength, but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West. Cutler threw 18 interceptions last season and failed to inspire the team down the stretch as the Broncos blew the AFC West lead to San Diego. After their collapse, Cutler came out and criticized the defense ... something Brady would never have even considered.

Even if Cutler stays in Denver, he may not be comfortable enough to thrive under McDaniels. Young quarterbacks need their coach to believe in them and McDaniels could have a harder time getting through to the sensitive quarterback now.

Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay and San Francisco have been rumored as potential landing sports if Broncos trade Cutler. Those are all potentially bad situations for a quarterback, but if Cutler really believes in his skills, he won't be afraid to start over with a rebuilding team.

Meanwhile, McDaniels seemed willing to go with Cutler after he missed out on acquiring Cassel. But the Broncos could still turn to free agency or a trade to bring in someone else. McDaniels doesn't need someone with a big arm like Cutler. For now, he would be better off with a middle-of-the-road talent like Cassel (who was traded to Kansas City), that can master the short-and-intermediate game while avoiding turnovers.

For McDaniels to succeed he's going to have to build a Super Bowl team. The Broncos have been over .500 regularly since John Elway retired, but the franchise's expectations are clearly higher. To get to the next level, McDaniels needs to find his Brady. What's the point of trying to force a fit with Cutler if that's not where the coach-QB relationship is headed?

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/56604-broncos-should-part-ways-with-jay-cutler

USMCBladerunner
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
this guy has it all wrong...If Cutler needs to go, it's not because he can't play McDaniels scheme, it's because he is forcing himself out of town...no one thinks that the Broncos are better with Cassel under center than with Cutler (all things being equal)...under the alleged trade scenario, all things weren't equal, it was Cassel and two day one picks for Cutler and a 2nd, and it didn't go down...

You would think that Cutler, for all his throwing the Defense under the bus, would understand the concept of building a well-rounded team. At least you would think that if the guy could look beyond his own ego.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
"but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West"

LOL complete lie

Who says that, what we want to be? I mean did Mcdaniel, bring the video camera?

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 03:48 PM
"No one can question Cutler's arm strength, but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West. Cutler threw 18 interceptions last season and failed to inspire the team down the stretch as the Broncos blew the AFC West lead to San Diego. After their collapse, Cutler came out and criticized the defense ... something Brady would never have even considered."

Talk about laying it out there...hammer, nail, head

BlaK-Argentina
03-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I hate that we're now trying to be the Patriots of the West (supposedly). **** the Patriots.

ludo21
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Cutler has proven he can carry the team with marginal talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Sure he needs to cut down on his turnovers, but next year will be year 3 of starting. Other than Jay acting like a baby, why do people all of a sudden think Jay is easily replaceable with anybody?

DrFate
"he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West"

So, to summarize...

Garcia says 'false'

Dortoh says 'true'

DrFate says 'false'

Popps says 'true' (below)

His accuracy doesn't bother me, and I think his decision making is on par with any 2nd year starter with no running game.

Bronco Yoda
Bowlen needs to set the ground rules. You both need to get over this and win some games or you're both gone.

Cutler, I'll trade you to Siberia, McD you'll be cleaning my private bathroom.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Jay Cutler Stole My Lunch Money (http://jaycutlerstolemylunchmoney.blogspot.com)

Popps
03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
No one can question Cutler's arm strength, but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West.

Gosh, and here I thought I was just "making all of this up."

::)

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Best article written so far on this. While trading him is still not the best solution it might be the only solution with that bloated Ego Cutler has in his head.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
No one can question Cutler's arm strength, but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West.

According to Garcia you are!

AbileneBroncoFan
03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I hate that we're now trying to be the Patriots of the West (supposedly). **** the Patriots.

Yes, shame on the fact that we are trying to be like the team that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, won the division title pretty much every year, had a 16-0 season, assembled the number one offense in NFL history, and has clearly been the best team of the decade. Who in their right mind would want to do all of those things? I would much rather have one playoff win and a bunch of 8-8 and 9-7 seasons than that.

And no, we should not, under ANY circumstance part with Jay Cutler. He is clearly one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and you should feel fortunate to have one of the best, not try to run him out of town.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 04:02 PM

Accuracy is debateable IMO but leadership (ZERO) and decision making (average on a good day) are facts.

Holy Crap I just agreed with Popps :)

frerottenextelway

You were. You never liked him from draft day. At least those that don't like McDaniels aren't cowards and will say so straight up.

Garcia Bronco
Cutler has proven he can carry the team with marginal talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Sure he needs to cut down on his turnovers, but next year will be year 3 of starting. Other than Jay acting like a baby, why do people all of a sudden think Jay is easily replaceable with anybody?

Short answer: They're dumbasses that can't see the forest for the trees.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
According to Garcia you are!

You don't think he's accurate QB? You don't think he makes good decisions most of the time? Every QB makes bad throws and every QB makes a bad decision. Cutler's pretty damn good. You don't think he has the on field leadership skills? GTFOH. I love the revisionist history.

DrFate
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Accuracy is debateable IMO but leadership (ZERO) and decision making (average on a good day) are facts.

I'm comparing him with someone like, say, McNabb - who has good days, and days where he looks like Magic Johnson with the bounce passes. I think Cutler grades out pretty well on the accuracy scale. His picks I think have come more from locking onto a single receiver (common for a young guy) or trying to squeeze a ball into a spot (common for a strong arm guy).

He has had some Plummer-esque moments, I agree. But, without being in the locker room, I'm not sure how people slam his leadership skills on a team with the worst defense imaginable and no true tailback.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
You don't think he's accurate QB? You don't think he makes good decisions most of the time? Every QB makes bad throws and every QB makes a bad decision. Cutler's pretty damn good. You don't think he has the on field leadership skills? GTFOH. I love the revisionist history.

No I dont

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm comparing him with someone like, say, McNabb - who has good days, and days where he looks like Magic Johnson with the bounce passes. I think Cutler grades out pretty well on the accuracy scale.

He has had some Plummer-esque moments, I agree. But, without being in the locker room, I'm not sure how people slam his leadership skills on a team with the worst defense imaginable and no true tailback.

I think it stems from watching our "franchise qb" lower his head and pout when things go bad.

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
No I dont

How many 4th quarter comebacks have we seen with him? Maybe not as many as Elway, but there have been several.

bombay
03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
All of the irrelevant overabundance of football 'reporters' have been provided with a reason to live for another day.

DrFate
How many 4th quarter comebacks have we seen with him? Maybe not as many as Elway, but there have been several.

My question would be how many has he had that got wiped out because the other team would score easily on our defense?

theAPAOps5

Um 18 interceptions show he makes bad decisions. His deep throws are extremely inaccurate. His intermediate throws are good and he has amazing arm strength. But go back and watch his pass to a wide open Stokely to win the game. Then come back and talk to me about revisionist history.

Oh and his on field leadership style sucks ass. You are a blind Cutler homer if you think he is a leader on the field.

Garcia Bronco
No I dont

I disagree, there are numerous 4th quarter comebacks that negate this notion. Same thing with decision making. He's above average in just about every statistical catergory. He slides well in the pocket. Sure he's cocky with that arm of his, but how else is he going to get better than to try the near impossible? Accuracy? I submit that the deep ball is inaccurate, but without knowing the call in the huddle it's hard to say for sure on a few.

Old Dude
03-11-2009, 04:12 PM
No one can question Cutler's arm strength, but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West. Cutler threw 18 interceptions last season and failed to inspire the team down the stretch as the Broncos blew the AFC West lead to San Diego. After their collapse, Cutler came out and criticized the defense ... something Brady would never have even considered.

When did Tom Brady ever play a season with a defense ranked 30th in the league?

Over the last three games, we surrendered 112 points. More than 37 points per game.

Was there a person in this country who didn't think Denver had a big problem on defense? But it's supposed to be unthinkable for Cutler to mention it?

Give me a break.

One of the reasons Cutler threw 18 interceptions is because he had to keep throwing it up to keep pace with the points we were allowing on the other side. But apparently, it's bad form for him to mention that.

It's certainly true that he made his share of mistakes, but those increase with the pressure of trying to score 38 points a game just to eek out a win.

The main thing that McDaniels needs to turn Denver into a contender is not improved QB play. The main thing he needs is a defense that can perform somewhere close to an average level.

Cutler wasn't the problem.

The defense was the problem.

But apparently SI either doesn't get it, or doesn't want to get it.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Cutler for Quinn & picks think of the possibility scary huh.

elsid13
No I dont

Why do you think he was voted Captian of the team two season in a row?
That was the players decision not Shanahan.

And for the accuracy statement that is total BS. Culter makes the throws and usually put them in the right place in the right time. Some of his INT this season were due to Marshall's leg not getting him into place in time and Cutler waiting for him to make his cut. BTW that doesn't mean Cutler made the wrong read, just that Marshall was were he needed to be at the right time.

theAPAOps5
I agree give Cutler a better defense and his record is better. Sandy Clough dropped a stat on theFAN that Cutler is 14-7* when the defense gives up less than 30 points.

*not sure if its 7 I can't remember with certainty.

elsid13
03-11-2009, 04:15 PM

When did Tom Brady ever play a season with a defense ranked 30th in the league?

Over the last three games, we surrendered 112 points. More than 37 points per game.

Was there a person in this country who didn't think Denver had a big problem on defense? But it's supposed to be unthinkable for Cutler to mention it?

Give me a break.

One of the reasons Cutler threw 18 interceptions is because he had to keep throwing it up to keep pace with the points we were allowing on the other side. But apparently, it's bad form for him to mention that.

It's certainly true that he made his share of mistakes, but those increase with the pressure of trying to score 38 points a game just to eek out a win.

The main thing that McDaniels needs to turn Denver into a contender is not improved QB play. The main thing he needs is a defense that can perform somewhere close to an average level.

Cutler wasn't the problem.

The defense was the problem.

But apparently SI either doesn't get it, or doesn't want to get it.

PATRIOTS OC = smart, Cutler = bad because he threw to many picks.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Um 18 interceptions show he makes bad decisions. His deep throws are extremely inaccurate. His intermediate throws are good and he has amazing arm strength. But go back and watch his pass to a wide open Stokely to win the game. Then come back and talk to me about revisionist history.

Oh and his on field leadership style sucks ass. You are a blind Cutler homer if you think he is a leader on the field.

Bull****. It's the mark of a young QB learning the position in the NFL. He completes 62 percent of his passes on his career. Has almost 500 yards rushing. He has almost 10000 yards in the air in 2 seasons and 5 starts and 54 TD's. Yet he's somehow a terrible QB? Smell what you are shoveling. He was sacked 11 times last year, partly due to excellent o-line play and partly due to excellent pocket management. His deep throws are inaccurate, but this isn't 1975. You don't throw down field every down. His short and mid-range passes and damn near excellent. Lastly, you don't know a damn thing about what he does on the field or what he says because you aren't in the huddle. We can assume he does a good job for the very reason his teammates like him.

DrFate
03-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Um 18 interceptions show he makes bad decisions.

Time to get the stats out and see how much water this holds...

18 is simply a number - to quantify this, you need to compare that to the number of attempts. Then it has a lot more meaning... (he did lead the AFC in attempts, after all)

Cutler's INT% was 2.9%.

Romo's was 3.1%, Delhomme's was 2.9%, Farve's was 4.2%, Roethlisberger's was 3.2%, poor Gus had score of 5%.

Brees was 2.7

Ryan was 2.5%, Flacco was 2.8% (for whoever said that a 'winner' was what was best at QB)

I don't think Cutler's was outlandish, by any means. Throw in the fact he didn't have a run game...

DrFate
03-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Oops, forgot the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2008

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM

And for the accuracy statement that is total BS. Culter makes the throws and usually put them in the right place in the right time. Some of his INT this season were due to Marshall's leg not getting him into place in time and Cutler waiting for him to make his cut. BTW that doesn't mean Cutler made the wrong read, just that Marshall was were he needed to be at the right time.

Of course they voted him team captain they wanted their young QB to believe in himself and get some confidence. Unfortunatly Jays utter lack of leadership or ability to motivate his team when it is most needed is his greatest down fall. Watch the tapes during the last 3 games when we needed something anything from our "captain" he looked either sad/confused or defeated IMO all 3

BleedingOrange
03-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Posted this before but Cutler is 4-16 when the team gives up 24 or more and 13-4 when 23 and under in his career. 3-8 last year at 24 and over as opposed to 5-0 under. Cassel for comparison, went 2-4 when the Pats gave up 24 or more and 9-1 under. Looks like Cassel had the same problems when the defense doesn't keep the score down.

gyldenlove
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Broncos should part ways with Jay Cutler
By Andrew Perloff

Josh McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001, the year Drew Bledsoe was hurt and Tom Brady led them to their first Super Bowl win. It's no surprise he explored trading an established Pro Bowler like Jay Cutler to get his guy in New England, Matt Cassel. That deal fell through, but proved McDaniels will try to follow Bill Belichick's lead and concentrate more on getting guys that fit his system than raw talent.

Now that the relationship between McDaniels and Cutler is on rocky footing -- a reconciliation conference call reportedly didn't go well -- the team and the quarterback should part ways sooner rather than later. You have to imagine 1. McDaniels wants to find his Brady. Cutler likely won't be that quarterback.

No one can question Cutler's arm strength, but he hasn't shown the accuracy, decision-making or leadership skills McDaniels will need to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West. Cutler threw 18 interceptions last season and failed to inspire the team down the stretch as the Broncos blew the AFC West lead to San Diego. After their collapse, 2. Cutler came out and criticized the defense ... something Brady would never have even considered.

Even if Cutler stays in Denver, he may not be comfortable enough to thrive under McDaniels. 3. Young quarterbacks need their coach to believe in them and McDaniels could have a harder time getting through to the sensitive quarterback now.

Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay and San Francisco have been rumored as potential landing sports if Broncos trade Cutler. Those are all potentially bad situations for a quarterback, but if Cutler really believes in his skills, he won't be afraid to start over with a rebuilding team.

Meanwhile, McDaniels seemed willing to go with Cutler after he missed out on acquiring Cassel. But the Broncos could still turn to free agency or a trade to bring in someone else. McDaniels doesn't need someone with a big arm like Cutler. 4. For now, he would be better off with a middle-of-the-road talent like Cassel (who was traded to Kansas City), that can master the short-and-intermediate game while avoiding turnovers.

For McDaniels to succeed he's going to have to build a Super Bowl team. The Broncos have been over .500 regularly since John Elway retired, but the franchise's expectations are clearly higher. To get to the next level, McDaniels 5. needs to find his Brady. What's the point of trying to force a fit with Cutler if that's not where the coach-QB relationship is headed?

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/56604-broncos-should-part-ways-with-jay-cutler

1. All this would be solved if we had another once in a generation talent at QB like Brady or Elway. I bet you that there are 20-some head coaches in the NFL who wish they had a Brady. What an original thought.

2. In fairness Tom Brady never had a 31st ranked defense that let in well over 400 points and made opposing quarterbacks look like pro bowlers regularly.

3. That is not true, Derek Anderson played his best when nobody believed in him. Matt Cassel played his best when nobody believed he could do it. In fact most young QBs play their best when nobody believes they can succeed, young QBs who have had their coaches faith like Vince Young, Alex Smith and David Carr all failed misserably.

4. So you want us to trade Cutler for a player who is not available? who else would he better off with? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger?

5. Again with needing to find his Brady, I bet you if you can find a QB who can win 3 super bowls and set the all time record for most TDs in a season then every team would do just that. The reason Brady is so good is that there are not a lot of people who are that good, so finding one is hard. This sentence, and it appears twice, is virtually tantamount to saying that he wants to invent a youth drug that make Elway play like when he was 30 and bring him back, that would probably win us some super bowls too, but it is not really that likely either.

I can certainly see where this guy is coming from, the overall point is decent. The reasons he gives are downright atrocious and this piece contains absoltely NOTHING new.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Bull****. It's the mark of a young QB learning the position in the NFL. He completes 62 percent of his passes on his career. Has almost 500 yards rushing. He has almost 10000 yards in the air in 2 seasons and 5 starts and 54 TD's. Yet he's somehow a terrible QB? Smell what you are shoveling. He was sacked 11 times last year, partly due to excellent o-line play and partly due to excellent pocket management. His deep throws are inaccurate, but this isn't 1975. You don't throw down field every down. His short and mid-range passes and damn near excellent. Lastly, you don't know a damn thing about what he does on the field or what he says because you aren't in the huddle. We can assume he does a good job for the very reason his teammates like him.

wrong his offensive line and WR's like him. His defense hates him. I must have struck a nerve you are pretty close to making a leave Cutler alone video. So I will back off. :kiss:

worm
03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow. To hear some talk here...Jay is the devil incarnate..

DrFate
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
wrong his offensive line and WR's like him. His defense hates him.

That can't be right, the defense likes everybody. Please, come into our endzone. Make yourself at home!! :peace:

telluride
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
One thing that does not get mentioned enough in all these pieces is Cutler's health. Staking the franchise's long-term success on a QB with Type 1 diabetes is risky enough. Doing so with an obviously immature QB who seems unwilling to adapt his lifestyle to minimize the bad effects of that disease is, well, insane.

I wish Cutler all the success in the world. It would be great if it happened, and if it happened in Denver. But his health is a huge consideration in whatever decision the franchise makes.

colonelbeef
03-11-2009, 04:29 PM
trading Cutler would be the single biggest disaster ever to hit this franchise. The type of thing a team never recovers from. Years of Bristers and Grieses. McDaniels needs to fix this ****show immediately.

colonelbeef
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Posted this before but Cutler is 4-16 when the team gives up 24 or more and 13-4 when 23 and under in his career. 3-8 last year at 24 and over as opposed to 5-0 under. Cassel for comparison, went 2-4 when the Pats gave up 24 or more and 9-1 under. Looks like Cassel had the same problems when the defense doesn't keep the score down.

Excellent post. Posting facts about how amazingly good Cutler is, especially for his age, is like pissing into the wind on this forum.

You do not, under any circumstances, trade Jay Cutler.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Well he is obviously smart enough to use a designated driver.

HEAV
03-11-2009, 04:55 PM

The C on the just is more over rated than the pro-bowl.

Brett Favre & Chad Pennington both got the C from their teams. As far as voting the Broncos offense is a bunch of kids that know Jay and it's easy to see why he was given the C.

I looked at the BILLS game again (last weekend) man Jay was off. Not just the misses to Stoke in the endzone. It seemed as the game got tighter so did Jay.

For most of the second half of the season Jay was hot and cold with the accuracy. But the one constant was the 4th quarter.

The 4th quarter last year was Jay's worst for completion %. Notice how the numbers decline every quarter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/situational;_ylt=AnKw5yXEg9jBgAAaDvYlpUT.uLYF

For the year 13 other quarterbacks had higher completion % than Jay. Some interesting names on the list.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB&conference=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=41&timeframe=ToDate

But again a solid running game and above average (or average) defense would help so much!

Jay has his strong points, no doubt about the arm and athletic play. But the he does have a few weak points. The stuff on the field can be improved, it the stuff in his head and ego that may take longer (if ever) to correct.

Myself...I feel it's time too move Jay. The 2006 quarterback class looks like a bust of mental minds and immaturity.

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
That can't be right, the defense likes everybody. Please, come into our endzone. Make yourself at home!! :peace:

LOL

richpjr
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
It's amazing how blind people are to his faults because Cutler plays on the Broncos. If he played on the Chiefs, Chargers or Raiders the opinion of him would be so different it's scary.

The Broncos don't have a running game so poor Jay has to carry the team. B.S. While the Broncos had a ridiculous number of injuries to their RB, they still ended up 12th in the league in rushing and 3rd in the league in rushing yards per attempt. But poor Jay has a bad defense and has to carry the team. Yep, the Broncos defense sucked and was 29th in the league. But did having the 25th ranked defense in the league seem to affect the hated Rivers from leading the league in passing? And Rivers did not have the offensive line the Broncos had and with a gimpy LT were 20th in the league in rushing.

No, this is utter BS. Cutler has enormous physical tools that are overshadowed by being an enormous tool. He has turned what should have been merely an akward situation or a situation to motivate himself into a full blown meltdown that could wreck the Bronco's season before it even starts. Defending this behavior is just being blind.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 05:06 PM
It's amazing how blind people are to his faults because Cutler plays on the Broncos. If he played on the Chiefs, Chargers or Raiders the opinion of him would be so different it's scary.

The Broncos don't have a running game so poor Jay has to carry the team. B.S. While the Broncos had a ridiculous number of injuries to their RB, they still ended up 12th in the league in rushing and 3rd in the league in rushing yards per attempt. But poor Jay has a bad defense and has to carry the team. Yep, the Broncos defense sucked and was 29th in the league. But did having the 25th ranked defense in the league seem to affect the hated Rivers from leading the league in passing? And Rivers did not have the offensive line the Broncos had and with a gimpy LT were 20th in the league in rushing.

No, this is utter BS. Cutler has enormous physical tools that are overshadowed by being an enormous tool. He has turned what should have been merely an akward situation or a situation to motivate himself into a full blown meltdown that could wreck the Bronco's season before it even starts. Defending this behavior is just being blind.

Great post.

Look I'm as big a homer as the next guy but Jay at times acts like a mental ****ing midget. I hope with all my worth he wakes up and grows up in the next few days or weeks that is this teams best chance at instant sucess but I would not bet a wooden nickel on it happening.

Thats right the class clown Dortoh thinks Jay is acting retarded. What more evidence do you really need???

USMCBladerunner
03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't buy that Culter is inaccurate (or at least too inaccurate to play McDaniels system). I don't have a huge problem with his "decision making" (on the field that is), but he is a bit mistake prone. I concur with the leadership issue. He doesn't demonstrate very many leadership principles. He pouts on the sidelines, he bickers with the opposing teams, he dimes out his defense unnecessarily to the media (note I said unnecessarily, not wrongly), and now he has demonstrated an uncanny ability to turn a routine FO trade discussion into an insult of such epic proportions that he may force himself out of town. That is not leadership. Jay Cutler is not acting like a leader. I don't care how many stars on his jersey get colored gold, he isn't acting like a leader should act.

None of this means I think we should trade him. I don't think we should. Conversely, I don't think the FO was wrong to consider the possibility. Cutler is not an "untradeable" entity. He's not. His reaction to the mere possibility provides the indisputable evidence of this. He's too fragile to handle this bit of adversity, and he's the untradable leader of your football team?

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Time to get the stats out and see how much water this holds...

poor Gus had score of 5%.

Obviously this stat is worthless.

Merlin
03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
You have become so predictable. As to your facts, I suggest you luck up Cassel and deep throws. He was among the worst in the league if not the worst and that was with a premier open WR. That is why they tried to only focus on short and medium range throws. As to the interceptions, I guess you never saw Elway's stats on his second and third yr.

I'm not arguing he doesn't need to improve, but they way you change your mind from one moment to another is just amazing. If MacD thought Clady was poor because he couldn't play a running game you probably would defend MacD until he got his a$$ fired. Then you would be swinging off our next coaches jock. You really should cut down on the Kool-Aid. Liking MacD does not meant you have to distort Cutler's record.

And for the record, if you check my posts in the middle of last season I was critical of Cutler's decision making, and the season before I argued that he needed to improve his accuracy. That being said Cutler has become a fairly accurate passer, and far better at the deep pass than Cassel will ever be.

PS BTW, Cutler didn't sit all day waiting to be sacked when making a play, and he ran a far more complicated offence than Cassel. Moreover, his wins were far more impressive than Cassel's. So it is idiotic to criticize the QB when he was about to be moved for a lesser QB.

PPS It has not been established that two first round picks were included. In fact the story that has had the most traction involved TB and that was a ripoff against Denver.

broncofan2438
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I wonder if the reporters all got together and decided they would take different directions on this. It seems as though everyone has a "new" idea that probably is BS. Where are Cutlers parents in this situation? Talk to your kid, tell him to man up and play ball!

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
You have become so predictable. As to your facts, I suggest you luck up Cassel and deep throws. He was among the worst in the league if not the worst and that was with a premier open WR. That is why they tried to only focus on short and medium range throws. As to the interceptions, I guess you never saw Elway's stats on his second and third yr.

I'm not arguing he doesn't need to improve, but they way you change your mind from one moment to another is just amazing. If MacD thought Clady was poor because he couldn't play a running game you probably would defend MacD until he got his a$$ fired. Then you would be swinging off our next coaches jock. You really should cut down on the Kool-Aid. Liking MacD does not meant you have to distort Cutler's record.

And for the record, if you check my posts in the middle of last season I was critical of Cutler's decision making, and the season before I argued that he needed to improve his accuracy. That being said Cutler has become a fairly accurate passer, and far better at the deep pass than Cassel will ever be.

PS BTW, Cutler didn't sit all day waiting to be sacked when making a play, and he ran a far more complicated offence than Cassel. Moreover, his wins were far more impressive than Cassel's. So it is idiotic to criticize the QB when he was about to be moved for a lesser QB.

PPS It has not been established that two first round picks were included. In fact the story that has had the most traction involved TB and that was a ripoff against Denver.

Then ignore me, as I just ignored this.

joe9999
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM

I'm with you 100%. This off season sucks in so many ways.