PDA

View Full Version : An open letter from Lee Rasizer

DScribe
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
So not to seem presumptuous, this is the reporter who, at times, sparked debate, conversation and ridicule (hopefully not too much of the latter) for his Broncos coverage over the past decade for the now-defunct Rocky Mountain News.
And yes, I've been known to be lurker here. Not all the time. More on an occassional basis.
But come on, guys: My handle is 'DScribe.'
Makes sense now, doesn't it?!Booya!
Really, I just wanted to write a personal note to the members of the Mane for their support over the years. And I wanted to do so after the initial wave of free agency, which would no doubt occupy the immediate thoughts of Broncos fans when that period fell just hours after the doors were chained and locked at the RMN in late February.
My main point I wanted to get across to you diehards was that this site was a helpful outlet for someone in my former position, though maybe not in the way you might think. I didn't immediately accept the notions presented by posters. I would disagree strongly with many of the comments, in fact.
But what the Mane did provide was a pulse on what the rabid fan was thinking, and by extension, the site would periodically provide ideas on what subjects the core Broncos fans wondered about most.
If I didn't know the answer and hadn't previously addressed that topic, I would, if possible, try to find out the reasons behind your questions and get them in print -- except why Denver kept picking old, washed-up defensive linemen. There's still been no explanation for that. ;D
I'll miss sifting through and pulling out those tidbits in the future for you guys/gals -- and others -- as I head into the future, which may or may not include my doing future Broncos coverage on a broad scale.
But if I could impose on some of you for information one time, I ask you this.
You've seen my writing (or used it to train puppies). You've either liked or loathed my creativity. You've probably ascertained I'm at least competent in a high-pressure, deadline-driven job. I want to remain in Denver but am trying to forge a new career path.
Any (legitimate) suggestions?
And, no, working at the Diamond Cabaret isn't what I'm seeking. That's for Kaylore:~ohyah!:
What jobs do you think could benefit someone with my skill set?
I really am open to new opportunities but am having trouble nailing down exactly where I fit in the new (translation sh*tty) economy since newspapers have essentially been my life's work.
If you have any legit ideas, email me at DScribe303@aol.com
I'm especially interested in hearing from those people in the business world in metro Denver about whether a lack of solid writing is an issue in their companies/field around town.
And for those wanting to know my take on Jay Cutler (and there are at least a couple, since I've gotten e-mails) ... there's blame on both sides.
The big question is whether they can co-exist in the future, and quickly.
Best regards to all.
And who knows, maybe I'll even write a story or two on that topic -- or some new, old defensive linemen -- sooner rather than never.
As the Joe Strummer bio-pic states, 'The Future is Unwritten ..."
Thanks again for reading my stuff over the years ... LR

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I want a kickback if my stuff was ever used.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I miss the RMN

Good luck going forward sir.

montrose
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Just sent you an e-mail Lee.

Marshall Dumervil
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I enjoyed reading your articles Lee. Once my transferred subsciption to the Post ends, I'm done with it, I liked the RMN sports writers. Bernie used to piss me off though. Anyway, best of luck with your job search I hope you can find something soon and maybe continue to cover the Broncos.

USMCBladerunner
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
What the over/under on a 100PR comment?

elsid13
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Best of luck, but you really needed to add a poll.

colonelbeef
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Lee, and that is too bad about your newspaper. I really hope that professional journalism doesn't die along with print media. This country will be for worse off for it.

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Lee, you know what Dave Barry says about those English degrees. I got one. Now I work in a hospital. I'm still working on the great American novel. Switch over to medicine or mortuaries. There's an endless supply of customers. ;D

theAPAOps5
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
You were one of the best writers Denver had. DP made a mistake not bringing you over. Thanks for the great articles.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks Lee, and that is too bad about your newspaper. I really hope that professional journalism doesn't die along with print media. This country will be for worse off for it.

QFT

The internets run wild with total BS. Dont believe me stop by the WRP forum here at the main. :)

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks Lee. We miss you and the paper a lot.

baja
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Now that's a lurker....

Good luck and thanks! ;D

Forget plastics...

frerottenextelway
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
People make money writing on the intergoogles. You may want to look into that with some of your former colleagues and consider starting your own site.

Mediator12
03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Lee,

Thanks for the good journalism! Unfortunately, that is not enough anymore it seems. I for one will miss your articles and wish you the best. Too bad I do not live in DEN, I could help in INDY, but not there. I know INDY could use someone to take over for Kravitz the instigator ;D

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I still can't Believe WoodyPaige has a Job in this town

Kaylore
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
And, no, working at the Diamond Cabaret isn't what I'm seeking.
Then I got nothin'

Seriously, thanks for everything, Lee. Thanks for everything, Lee. You were awesome.

lex
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
So not to seem presumptuous, this is the reporter who, at times, sparked debate, conversation and ridicule (hopefully not too much of the latter) for his Broncos coverage over the past decade for the now-defunct Rocky Mountain News.
And yes, I've been known to be lurker here. Not all the time. More on an occassional basis.
But come on, guys: My handle is 'DScribe.'
Makes sense now, doesn't it?!Booya!
Really, I just wanted to write a personal note to the members of the Mane for their support over the years. And I wanted to do so after the initial wave of free agency, which would no doubt occupy the immediate thoughts of Broncos fans when that period fell just hours after the doors were chained and locked at the RMN in late February.
My main point I wanted to get across to you diehards was that this site was a helpful outlet for someone in my former position, though maybe not in the way you might think. I didn't immediately accept the notions presented by posters. I would disagree strongly with many of the comments, in fact.
But what the Mane did provide was a pulse on what the rabid fan was thinking, and by extension, the site would periodically provide ideas on what subjects the core Broncos fans wondered about most.
If I didn't know the answer and hadn't previously addressed that topic, I would, if possible, try to find out the reasons behind your questions and get them in print -- except why Denver kept picking old, washed-up defensive linemen. There's still been no explanation for that. ;D
I'll miss sifting through and pulling out those tidbits in the future for you guys/gals -- and others -- as I head into the future, which may or may not include my doing future Broncos coverage on a broad scale.
But if I could impose on some of you for information one time, I ask you this.
You've seen my writing (or used it to train puppies). You've either liked or loathed my creativity. You've probably ascertained I'm at least competent in a high-pressure, deadline-driven job. I want to remain in Denver but am trying to forge a new career path.
Any (legitimate) suggestions?
And, no, working at the Diamond Cabaret isn't what I'm seeking. That's for Kaylore:~ohyah!:
What jobs do you think could benefit someone with my skill set?
I really am open to new opportunities but am having trouble nailing down exactly where I fit in the new (translation sh*tty) economy since newspapers have essentially been my life's work.
If you have any legit ideas, email me at DScribe303@aol.com
I'm especially interested in hearing from those people in the business world in metro Denver about whether a lack of solid writing is an issue in their companies/field around town.
And for those wanting to know my take on Jay Cutler (and there are at least a couple, since I've gotten e-mails) ... there's blame on both sides.
The big question is whether they can co-exist in the future, and quickly.
Best regards to all.
And who knows, maybe I'll even write a story or two on that topic -- or some new, old defensive linemen -- sooner rather than never.
As the Joe Strummer bio-pic states, 'The Future is Unwritten ..."
Thanks again for reading my stuff over the years ... LR

Lee, good luck. I dont live in Colorado anymore and I was sad to hear the RMN ceasing circulation.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Thats depressing that Lee needs to ask the mane for job advice:( And why did he never write an article about moving Dumervil to MLB? :) By the way, who was the genius that originally suggested that?

bowtown
03-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I think Lee Rasizer aka DScribe aka arghemtee might be Bob.

baja
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I think Lee Rasizer aka DScribe aka arghemtee might be Bob.

I had that thought too but I now think it is genuine but don't ask me why.

broncosteven
03-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I emailed Krieger a few times but never had any issues with Lee.

What ever you don't don't give it away on the InternETS for free. Make people pay you for it.

Best of luck

Steve

LittleFloyd
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Lee, you are an excellent writer/reporter and I miss your stuff. Well done sir.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I had that thought too but I now think it is genuine but don't ask me why.

well, he made his account in 04...that would be some incredible foresight on bob's part

Bronco Yoda
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Good luck Lee

Hope to see you post more now.

baja
03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
well, he made his account in 04...that would be some incredible foresight on bob's part

LOL Excellent point!

DomCasual
I wish I had sage advice for career choices - I don't. But just a few general things.

I've never regretted going into business for myself. There are ups and downs; but as a whole, I have no doubt I've done better on my own than I would have ever done working for someone else. Don't be afraid to think outside the box a little.

The other thing is just that nothing bad stays bad (and nothing good stays good, for that matter). Life does a lot of ebbing and flowing. Keep plugging away, and things will work out.

Sorry, I wish I had something more concrete for you.

broncosteven
Maybe Lee and I can work on "Failure is not an Option II" with Gene!

Popps
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
why Denver kept picking old, washed-up defensive linemen. There's still been no explanation for that.

Lee, you can just mention me by name... it's cool. :)

Sorry to see you and the RMN go. Not sure if you're aware of this, but some of the posters here (including myself) started posting in the mid 90s on the RMN Broncos forum. It was fantastic. A lot of us moved here when the RMN forum shut down.

In any case, best of luck in your pursuits. Wish I could help you out, gig-wise. I'm in LA, though... and only really indirectly know one person in sports journalism. (Plenty on the TV side, but not many in print.)
I'll keep my ear to the ground, though.

Keep us updated.

baja
03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Son of Le Lo... Remember the line in Pulp Fiction

"That would have to be one MF'in Charming pig"

RodInCanton
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I still can't Believe WoodyPaige has a Job in this town

I actually like Woody. The guy I can't believe still has a job is Kiszla. That dude is like a cheese grater on the sack to read...

telluride
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Well, one thing you could do is drop the lurker cap and jump into the conversations here. They'd benefit from your insights, I suspect.

worm
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Son of Le Lo... Remember the line in Pulp Fiction

"That would have to be one MF'in Charming pig"

10X more charming than that one on Green Acres

HEAV
03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
RMN was my favorite read of Broncos news.

Good Luck Lee!

DenverBroncosJM
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Could ride shotgun with Spider. Be an over the road team.

TheReverend
03-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Pick an East Coast team that agrees to let you do a Steven Fatsis, then cash in on the East Coast media hype, and you can just write your articles here.

GoBroncos84
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
You are light years ahead of Bill Williamson, i'd love to see you replace him with ESPN. Best of luck to you going forward, you will be missed.

Broncosfreak_56
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
RMN definitely had the best articles on the Broncos. I'll miss them.

Natedogg
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice work, good luck. Glad such a good writer is on the mane.

yerner
03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Stop using big words, nerd.

I'm looking into some nice property to cook meth if you want to go halfsies.

Requiem
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Lee, I hope you land on your feet and continue to do what you're great at. Best of luck bud.

LonghornBronco
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for your insite Lee. I really enjoyed the RMN since I was a kid delivering the rag.

I feel for ya man, I lost my job recently and decided to return to school at 36. I figure I'll rack up some student loans while I reposition for the rebound. Best of luck.

cmhargrove
03-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the post, I find myself still checking the RMN website every other day - it just doesn't change...

Thanks for your work over the years, I make eyeglasses in Tulsa, so I won't be much help in finding a media related gig in Denver.

However, if I do make a bid to buy the Broncos in the next couple years, i'll remember you for media relations, ok?

rugbythug
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
How can we get Burger Bill Fired? Is there no Justice in this World.

Thanks for all the Work. It was appreciated.

Popcorn Sutton
03-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Can you play defense?

No, seriously. Best of luck to you Lee. You've done a great job at the Rocky. Your work and the work of everyone at the RMN will be missed.

TallyBronco
03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
How can we get Burger Bill Fired? Is there no Justice in this World.

:-/ :-/ My thoughts exactly. His two-source report on the Cutler conference call reminded me of all those athletes who majored in sociology and sports management.

Wait a second, did Burger Bill actually find a source? Has that ever happened before? And he found two!