PDA

View Full Version : How does the Cutler Saga end?

Popps
03-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Because polls never get old...

Rabb
03-11-2009, 01:17 PM
quickly, I hope

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I was firmly in the camp that said this would be over by training camp. No harm, no foul. Now that Cutler is keeping the ball rolling by making statements in the media I'm convinced he (and his agent) wants out of here and will continue to manipulate the situation to give the Broncos no choice but to deal him. I think he'll be gone on draft day.

Kaylore
03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think Jay wants to reconcile. I think he wants to get moved.

scttgrd
03-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I hope they get this mess worked out, if not they will both be gone in a few years.

Rabb
03-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I was firmly in the camp that said this would be over by training camp. No harm, no foul. Now that Cutler is keeping the ball rolling by making statements in the media I'm convinced he (and his agent) wants out of here and will continue to manipulate the situation to give the Broncos no choice but to deal him. I think he'll be gone on draft day.

I absolutely agree with you

I think the "when" he will be gone depends on next week, anything other than showing up Monday forces Denver's hand in my opinion.

You don't show up a new coach that is trying to lay down some authority.

ak1971
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
a giant 'Tarantinoesque' gun battle

Smiling Assassin27
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
you forgot option C: cutler is not traded, is demoted out of spite to 3rd string, and he's allowed to languish for 2 more years as his endorsements go up in smoke. a fistfight with mcd ensues and doogie mcdaniels ends up in a football coma as jay sleeps with his wife and drives his SUV. he gets a DUI and has even larger support in OM polls than ever before.

(cue soap opera music)

outdoor_miner
03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
With Cassel off the market, it just doesn't make any sense to trade Cutler now. McDaniels and Bowlen would look like fools, and essentially begin a total rebuild, which is most definitely not the "spin" that was made by Bowlen or McDaniels when the hire went down (and I believe Bowlen is very concerned with his pocketbook right now).

It is my belief that they are currently teaching Jay (and the rest of the team) that nobody is more important then the team, and that he will no longer be given "most favoured player" status. Cutler really can't "force" his way out of town; the team has the upper hand, and I believe he will play and play well for the Denver Broncos next year. :afro:

Popps
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I hit the snooze this morning and had one of those asleep/awake dreams that I heard on the radio we signed Cutler to a massive contract extension.

So, with that scientific data to draw upon, I'll say this gets resolved. I still believe it's in everyone's best interest, however big of a baby Cutler may be.

montrose
03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, I think Jay will play this season in Denver and be traded to Shanahan in 2010, setting us back a year at the QB spot.

bronco militia
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I think Mike Shanahan will try to trade for Cutler as soon as he gets back in the league....

the broncos are dumb to talk about an trades until then. God knows Shanny would over compensate the Devil if it ment getting his guy.

Bronco Yoda
03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Jay wanted out the moment Shanahan was fired and we all know it.

The Joker
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Jay's dad will decide enough is enough, make his way over to Jay's place and beat the living **** out of him all the while yelling "Stop being such a goddamn ******!!" over and over again.

After the beating Jay will cry for hours before drifting away to sleep, bloodied and beaten on the floor.

When he awakes he'll be a real man, and this whole mess will be behind us.

Pony Boy
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't think Jay wants to reconcile. I think he wants to get moved.

Gheez, I hope your wrong but I'm getting them same feeling. If it happens McDobber will punish him and banash him from the AFC to an NFC team where he will struggle !! Detroit ??? No chance he will let Shanny get his hands on him.

OBF1
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Bring back Griese

worm
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Jake Plummer comes out of retirement for the Broncos and old threads on the Mane are bumped repeatedly as we talk about Plummer vs the rookie QB draft pick.
Cutler gets banished to the Lions.
McD is gone from Denver in 3 years.

NYBronc
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Cutler noise signifies <A HREF="http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/cutler.html">little.</A>

Jay Cutler and the Broncos finally spoke Tuesday on a conference call. (How corporate!) The conversation's tone depends on who you ask.

ESPN.com, no doubt egged on by Cutler's camp, says the situation has gone from "bad to worse." A source close to the Broncos told the Denver Post that the call was conducted in a "non-confrontational manner and the call ended positively."

The conflicting statements don't end there. Josh McDaniels reportedly said that no player is untradeable, which seems pretty obvious at this point. But owner Pat Bowlen said Cutler will not be traded. McDaniels said Cutler won't be dealt last week. I believe all of the above.

McDaniels is being careful to let Cutler know that no player is above the team, and they will only indulge his moaning to a point. (They'll talk on the phone, a courtesy most players wouldn't get, but they won't kiss his butt.)

In the end, this is probably much ado about nothing. Denver was willing to trade Cutler when they received a franchise quarterback in return. That deal is gone.

Bus Cook is Jay Cutler's agent, the same agent who built masterful off-season drama around previous quarterback clients: Brett Favre and Steve McNair. The pattern is unmistakable. Cook is making life uncomfortable for Denver, and the ESPN article indicates Cutler would welcome a trade out of town.

Ultimately, Cutler doesn't have much leverage. He could skip the team's off-season conditioning program, but that could hurt his team leadership.

At some point, Cutler is going to realize it's counter-productive to fight a media battle with his own team. He'll decide to put winning and his teammates first, no matter how he feels about the coaches. Like most off-season dramas, this will likely fade away once we have games to talk about.

go_broncos
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
He will not be playing for our team.

He will be traded to DET/MIN during draft day.

Man-Goblin
03-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Cutler noise signifies <A HREF="http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/cutler.html">little.</A>

At some point, Cutler is going to realize it's counter-productive to fight a media battle with his own team. He'll decide to put winning and his teammates first, no matter how he feels about the coaches. Like most off-season dramas, this will likely fade away once we have games to talk about.

I agree with this.